New Mate

Someone was shaking me awake, stopping the most wonderful dream I had ever had. I just groaned, slapped whoever it was and flipped over, surprised I could actually do that when there were suppose to be two bodies surrounding me.

"Delilah love. Come on, it's dinner time. You have to eat since you skipped lunch."

Alex..... Ugh why was he waking me up? Did he say something about.....

"Food?" I quickly sat up, my stomach growling at the exact same time. I quickly took notice of my surroundings, seeing I was in -my bad our- bedroom and having no idea how I had gotten there. He chuckled at my quick reaction and as my eyes landed on him, I saw him nodding and holding out a hand.

"Come on. We are the last ones."

"I look like crap though," I cried, trying to tame my bed hair. My shirt was even more wrinkled than before and I could feel some dry drool on the side of my mouth. I looked so beautiful right now!!

"You look perfect," he murmured as he rubbed the side of my mouth clean and I blushed. Oh god that was embarrassing...... "Come on." He picked me up so I was basically on his back and I laughed all the way to the dining room.

"Finally the lovebirds leave the nest," William laughed as he wiggled his eyebrows. Everybody but Ali joined him while she just rolled her eyes and munched on a piece of bread. She had a bored expression and the deep sigh that escaped her lips caught my attention.

As I sat next to Alex and began to pick at my plate, I kept my eyes on her, seeing as she just moved her food around. Was something wrong with her? Was she sick? I didn't realize I had stopped eating until Alex said something. "You don't like it? I can always make-"

I shook my head quickly and thought, 'It's Ali. I'm worried about her.'

'Why?' I saw him mouth and I turned my attention back to her.

'I don't know. She's never been like this and I'm not liking it.'

I felt him grab my hand and I looked up at him. 'Go talk to her.' And he motioned with his head to go to the living room. I nodded, quickly got up and blinked rapidly when all the men excluding Alex stood up with me.

"Umm.... Sit?" They all nodded and quietly sat down. I walked pass the two chairs that separated her from me and crouched down to her level. "Come with me please," I whispered in her ear.

She slowly got up and I saw the guys getting up again, I gave them a glare and Alex just laughed. "Guys, relax. You don't have to do that, you know right?"

I walked away with Ali in tow as I thought I heard Elliot say, "We are sorry. It's just that our wolves want to show respect to our queen. We have no control over them in that section."

I heard Alex say something back, but by then I was already too far to hear his response. I quickly chose a sofa and plopped down, bringing her down with me. "Talk to me."

"About what?"

"About what is eating your little mind. I know something is wrong with you and I want to know."

"Nothing is wrong," she lied and I snorted.

"Ali, seriously? You're going to lie to me when I know you so well?"

She sighed and then shrugged. She wasn't even looking at me as she spoke. "I don't know.... I guess I.... I guess I feel alone. You've had all the attention in the past two days and no I'm not jealous. I know how important you are to everyone here, but I feel like you don't talk to me anymore. You don't talk to me as much as you used to and I feel like I'm loosing you too." Her voice cracked and I stared at her speechless. Did she really feel like that? It would make sense since I was the only person she was around since the accident and I had never left her side since then. So now with all of this, she was getting left behind, and she felt alone. She twiddled her thumbs as she continued. "I know it hasn't been that long, but I miss you already. I wish things were different, but they are not and there's nothing I can do. I don't really know what's going on since no one wants to tell me, but all I know is that I can't go outside." She took a deep breath and looked up at me.