Misted Shadows

De KirbenWT

Darkness falls and he appears out of thin air. Where did he come from? Why is he here? It's all confusing and... Mai multe

Preface
A New Life (1)
Let The Adventure Begin (2)
The Journey Begins (4)
Him and I (5)
The Journey Continues (6)
The Mines of Moria (7)
The Loss Of A Friend (8)
Over Rough Landscape (9)
Nightfall Comes (10)
Lothlórien (11)
Caught In a Web (12)
A Parting Gift (13)
The End Of A Journey (14)
Rebirth (1)
Carrying On (2)
Home (3)
A Change of Plans (4)
Isengard Awaits (5)
Resolved Conflict (6)
Celebrating the Dead (7)
Look For Me (8)
Minas Tirith (9)
Making A Friend (10)
Death Arrives (11)
Recovering (12)
The End Of It All (13)
Epilogue

Words Not Meant To Be Said (3)

727 15 0
De KirbenWT

"Who might she be?" asked one of the Hobbits.

I looked behind Aragorn and locked eyes with the one who was speaking. I was already in shock, but this just took it to another level. All four Hobbits sat before me and I couldn't speak.  I looked up at Aragorn and he too was speechless. How do you explain this?

Aragorn then stood and said, "She will be accompanying us."

He then abruptly turned and left. It was just myself and the Hobbits and my heart was racing.

"Where's he going?" asked one of the lighter haired Hobbits.

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. The dirty blonde one gestured to me to come sit and I did so gladly. They all introduced themselves, although I already knew who they were. I then introduced myself.

"I am Sage. I met Strider during my travels and asked to tag along until we reach Rivendell. I hope I am welcome to come with you," I said with a shaky voice.

Pippin smiled and said, "If he trusts you, so shall we."

Then it hit me. How was I here? How am I in a fictional book? This couldn't be real. I had to be dreaming. I slapped myself, but nothing changed. I got a few odd looks, but the Hobbits were still before me. Oh God, this all really happening.

I must have gotten lost in thought, because when I came to there was a small fire before me. Sam, Merry, and Pippin were roasting food just as Frodo came around the corner. They all picked there heads up and I realized what they had done.

"Put it out!" yelled Frodo

He ran over began to stomp out the fire. Everyone was arguing but then went silent as the fire died down. The sound of a high pitched scream rung in our ears and I quickly covered mine. My heart began to pound and I was filled with fear. The wraiths were here and I didn't know what to do. I had no way to defend myself. What could I do to help?

I quickly rummaged through my bag and pulled out my flashlight in hopes the light would scare them off. I also found a pocket knife in case they got too close, but I doubted it would help at all. I slung my bag on my back and took off running towards the top with the Hobbits.

They made a circle in the middle as I walked around them. The wraiths were approaching right in front of me and I was frozen with fear. They quickly encased us and I didn't know what to do. The Hobbits struck out at them and I slowly backed away, fear had taken the best of me. I was a coward at the time a hero was needed.

It wasn't until I saw Frodo fall that I gained my courage. I leaped out of the shadows and stabbed one in the back. I cried out in pain as my whole hand was on fire. It wasn't visible, but it felt as if sparks of electricity were spreading throughout my nerves. I quickly dropped my knife and fell to my knees. Tears formed in my eyes and I bit my bottom lip to stop from screaming more.

I watched through my distorted vision as Frodo suddenly disappear. He had put on the ring and there was nothing more I could do. His injury he would carry for the rest of his life. Just as I was thinking of what would happen to him, he suddenly appeared crying out in pain whilst holding his left shoulder.

A bright light suddenly appeared from beside me and Aragorn charged in. A torch and sword he wielding in either hand. The pain in my hand started to fade as I watched his take on each wraith. I began to crawl to my feet and attempt to help, but I found I had little strength. The screams of the wraiths echoed in the air atop the fallen watch tower.

Sam was the first to Frodo's side as Aragorn chased away the last of the wraiths. They were talking so fast and quietly that I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I assumed it wasn't good. I slowly stood and made my way over to them as Aragorn began to lift Frodo into his arms.

"We must head to Rivendell at once. He is beyond my healing," he said as he began to walk away with Frodo cradled in his arms.

As we ran to the forest's edge, I could feel my lungs start to burn. I was in shape, but running such a distance was not something I did on a daily basis. We finally stop in a small clearing and Aragorn gently sat Frodo down against a few rocks.

"Look Mr. Frodo! It's the trolls in Bilbo's stories!" exclaimed Sam.

I looked around us and it was true. There were the trolls that were turned to stone when the sun rose the next day. I was still catching my breath, but I walked over to them and ran my fingers along the stone. They were old and cracks were starting to form. Who knew how much longer they would be around.

"Sam, do you know the plant athelas?" asked Aragorn.

"Athelas?" inquired Sam.

"It is also know as kingsfoil," said Aragorn, his tone slightly irritated.

"Yes, kingsfoil. Tis a weed," said Sam.

"Go and find some. It may slow his transformation into a wraith," said Aragorn.

I watched as they took off into the woods and their shadows were lost. Merry and Pippin stood near Frodo as he continued to make noises filled with pain and agony. If there was something I could've done to ease his pain, I would've but I couldn't help him. Only the help of the elves would save him.

It wasn't but a few minutes and Aragorn and Sam quickly came back. A faint glow began to emanate behind them and I met eyes with Arwen. I watched Aragorn stoop over Frodo and start to chew the plant kingsfoil in his mouth and gently shove it into Frodo's wound. He cried out in pain as Aragorn then slowly picked him up and set him on the back of Arwen's horse.

They stood only a few inches away and began to speak in elvish. I could tell Sam was getting annoyed by not knowing what they were saying and/or doing with his master. I actually could have told him everything word for word, but I kept my mouth shut. No one needed to know what I knew. They briefly touched hands and Arwen was gone.

"What is she doing? Those wraiths are still out there!" cried Sam.

Aragorn gave him a sharp look and said, "We will rest for a moment and recover our strength."

Sam huffed and puffed before sitting on the ground with a frown on his brow. I, too, took in a deep breath and sat on the ground. The wraiths would not be looking for us for a few days, so we did not need to travel in fear which lessened my heart. I leaned my head against the rock behind me and shut my eyes.

Everything began to flood in. How was I really here? This doesn't make any sense. I can't dispute I'm here anymore, but I wanted to know how. I could tell someone was starring at me and I opened my eyes to Aragorn. There was something about him I couldn't quite figure out either. Why was he sent to me? What is it about him that consumes me? It's nothing I have ever felt before and it scares me.

He then stood and said, "It is time to move."

We all stood and followed behind him. At first we were walking, but the pace soon quickened and we were running. My legs were starting to burn and I was lagging behind. I wanted to call out for a break, but my voice would not  come. I pushed myself to keep up, but it was draining me. Finally Aragorn turned around and saw the shape I was in.

It had only been a few hours and we were stopping again because of me. As grateful as I was, I felt like I was a burden. The sound of rushing water nearby made my throat quench and I followed the sound. Nearby was a small creek that eventually opened up into a pond. I bent down and let the cool water pool in my hands.

I began to notice that my right hand was turning a soft shade of purple, but it brought me no pain. Although my injury was so little, it worried me. It was under the skin and quickly spreading through my veins as they began to turn a dark shade of purple. I quickly stood up and looked for Aragorn and thank God he was nearby.

I held my hand and asked, "Can you take a look at this?"

He walked over and gently grabbed my hand. Warmth spread throughout my body at the slightest touch of his fingers. He ran them up and down the purpled area. Instead of fetching more kingsfoil, the color began to fade at the soft elvish words coming from his mouth. I didn't hear him speak right away, but when I looked up at his face I was brought into a trance.

"The darkness has left," he said.

"Thank you," I said.

My hand had returned to its natural color, but he did not immediately let go. It was like something was keeping us together. We were feeling the same thing, but no one could speak. I mean, how to talk about such a thing? We know so little about each other and yet my soul called out for him.

He held both my hands in his and I was getting weak at the knees. Our eyes met and it was fireworks exploded. I hungered for the touch of his lips, but the hunger would not be fed. It was wrong to want such things during these confusing and terrifying times, but I had to know. I had to know what this feeling was when we were alone.

"What is this between us?" I said as the words finally came out of my mouth.

"I don't know," he said softly.

"Neither do I and it terrifies me. The way you touch me and the way it makes me feel, I've never felt this before. I cannot explain it, but yet I don't want to scare you away. There is so little we know of each other," I said as the words just kept tumbling out.

"You could never scare me away and there is still time left. Tell me everything about yourself. I will listen gladly as long as you are okay with my hand never leaving yours," he said.

My heart was soaring, but it suddenly dropped.

"As much as I wish for that to take place, Frodo needs our help. We cannot stop on my account, or on our wants. Whence we reach Rivendell, I will tell you whatever you want. We do not need to be apart then," I said with a slight smile.

He gently lifted his hand from mine and caressed my cheek. He then took his leave of me and I could finally breathe again. My cheeks were flushed and I felt as if I could pass out. This wasn't like me. I wouldn't have said half of those things to a stranger, but yet he wasn't a stranger. I knew little about him, but I know everything about the man in the books. The man who was so different around me was someone completely new.

As much as I wanted to take back everything I said and hurt him enough to make myself stop falling for him, I couldn't. I needed to see where this would lead, because if I let something so special slip from my fingers I feared I would regret it forever. So I stood and debated whether or not to let him go, he called for me and my mind was made.

I quickly caught up with the group and we were off again. The sun began to set and the night was beginning. There was no stopping and as much as my body wanted a break, I wouldn't let it have it. Nothing could stop me now. I was filled with such strength and passion, I was soon passing the Hobbits and on the back of Aragorn's feet.

Just the musty scent hitting my face was enough to drive me wild. Oh God, if only we were in a different place and time I would surrender myself to him entirely. But such times and places did not exist and nor did I want them to, for I do not know how I would act. All the other times I was with a man, it was not like this.

Yes, I did love a few men before Aragorn came rushing into my life, but it was the same love everyone felt at least once in their lifetime. I saw my life before me with them, getting married, having children, and dying old but I can't see anything with Aragorn. It is so entirely uncertain that it pulled me into him and our future, if there were to ever be one. Tiredness began to consume my thoughts and I felt the need to sleep. As I looked behind myself, the Hobbits felt the same.

"We should rest for the night," I practically yelled into Aragorn's ear.

He nodded his head and we all stopped underneath the faint stars. The trees loomed overhead as I slowly caught my breath once again. My whole body was weak as I lowered myself to the cold ground. As I dug around in my bag, I pulled out a light blanket and wrapped it around myself. As soon as I leaned my head against the tree behind me, I was asleep.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

11.4M 152K 10
*completed NOW A PUBLISHED NOVEL!* An ancient Cursed bloodline, a world-crossed romance, tyrant kings, a princess with dragon wings, a forbidden love...
28.5K 926 64
*Sequel to 'The Exile's Daughter'.* It has been nine years since Legolas and Nesseldë were wed. Despite the growing danger of their forest home, and...
554K 21.6K 73
How did it come to this? Loyal to her family, her lands and her people, Théadain, the illegitimate daughter of Théoden, King of Rohan, has little con...
4.5K 214 21
She followed the dark for so long, she forgot who she was. Years after being initially captured by what Middle Earth knows them as the 'Blue Wizards'...