Ticky-Tacky

By The_Akward_Silence

"They all looked just the same." That kind of explains what a society is, right? We all look just the same... More

Prologue
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[April Fools....you can just skip this, I won't be mad...much]
[14]
NOTE
[15]
[16]
[17]

[13]

210 16 3
By The_Akward_Silence

"I said that I'm sorry!" I trailed after Harmony who was still giving me the silent treatment. It's been two periods since the bathroom incident happened and she's still pissed. We're now headed to one of our required classes.

The schedule said to head to the gym, which both Harmony and I have no clue as to where it is. So we are currently trying to search for a sign that says 'Gym'. I'm kind of doubting if we'll actually find it since we've been looking for the last fifteen minutes to no avail. We couldn't ask anyone since class already started and the hallways are empty, with exception of us.

"If we don't find this damn class in the next minute, I'm fucking skipping." I growled out in irritation.

"You guys are lost?" I turned around and was slightly caught off guard.

"Yeah..." I trailed off shocked at her appearance. It wasn't like she was hideous, but far from it. Her hair was tousled and colored a red ombre Her eyes followed the same color code since the right was ruby red while the other was bright yellow. The girl's bronzed skin made her appearance more exotic and even more attractive. Her lean physique showed that she was anything but a slacker. The way her plaid shirt clung to her hips-

"Ouch!" I rubbed my arm from the sudden pinching sensation. I turned my head and saw my sister silently glaring.

"Stop fucking her with your eyes." My eyes widened because I knew that the girl heard my sisters not so subtle whisper.

"She doesn't-" I stopped talking from the look in her eyes. There's no clear way to even explain it, but one thing I can explain is the intensity of it.

She broke the spell by blinking, "Are you guys going to the Gym too?"

"Yeah," I responded to recover from the spell she somehow put me under. "but we have no clue where it is."

She broke into a grin, "I got a tour and I can lead you guys there."

"Thank you so much!" Harmony said relieved.

"No problem. I love helping out my own kind." She gave us an attractive wink before walking to the opposite direction Harmony and I were going.

"What's your name?" Harmony asked as we followed the girl who walked with confidence and purpose.

She turned her head, "I should be asking you that since I'm being a very nice person and showing you to class."

"I'm Harmony and this is my sister Echo." Her eyes studied the both of us while still walking.

"You don't look like siblings." She muttered as she looked at the both of us in curiosity.

"Since we told you our name, what's yours?" I interrupted her train of thought.

"Oh, my name is Tacita, nice to meet you two."

"That's an interesting name." I commented while my mind rolled over her name before deciding that it suited her.

Tacita laughed, "The latin meaning of the name is silent, which is pretty ironic."

"Why?" Harmony asked.

"Because both of your names have something to do with sound." Tacita continued to laugh as if the idea was the funniest thing in the world.

"I guess it is pretty ironic." Harmony chuckled along with her.

"Why are you fifteen minutes late if you know where the class is?" I asked as we travelled down the empty hallway.

"There was a mixup with my schedule and I had to talk to the two creepy secretaries to sort it out." Tacita replied and gave a fake shudder.

"So how is your first day going O' Mighty Leader?" She asked after a couple minutes of silence

"How do you know about me?" I asked in surprise.

She laughed, "Come on, every Keet should know you by now after your  amazing speech."

My face warmed, "Oh, um my first day has been...okay."

"I'm guessing that all of the Nons have been staring at you like you're some sort of special creature in an exhibit?"

"Yeah, it get's pretty fucking irritating." Harmony huffed out.

"It's the first day, so they'll get over the fact that Keets are now attending school with them too." 

"By the time they're used to the idea, we'll already be gone." I remarked cynically.

"Who knew the leader of us all would be such a cynic." Tacita teased as she stopped in front of a door.

"Here is our destination!" Tacita presented dramatically.

"Now we can learn how to become a proper citizen in Non society!" I drawled out in sarcasm.

"Stop being an ass." Harmony hissed at me before opening the door.

At least twenty eyes settled on us as we walked through the door. All of them were sitting on bleachers that were pulled out with the exception of one who was standing in from of a black board. He was an extremely tall man with intimidating silver eyes. His pure white hair was cut short on the top and shaved on the sides. The aura surrounding him was threatening and could cause a weaker person to cower in utter fear.

"Why are you three late to my lesson?" His voice was eerily calm, which made it even more terrifying.

"We got lost." Tacita nervously spoke to him.

His silver eyes studied all of us before giving a short nod, "Understandable, take a seat with the rest of the class. Don't make this a regular occurrence." We all rushed to where our fellow classmates were sitting.

"As I was saying before I was interrupted," His eyes fell upon the three of us. "I am Mr. Knight and I will be your teacher for the rest of the trial. You will be in this gym for three hours every single day without fail. If you decide to skip, then you better have your bags packed because you will be kicked out of the program. I will be teaching you the following subjects: Emotional Management, Power Management, and Non Management-Yes?" 

"What do you mean by 'Non Management'?" One of my classmates asked with slight distaste.

"I will be teaching you how to handle situations involving Nons. If a Non begins to antagonize you for example. I will educate you on the actions you will take to avoid any type of harm on either of you." There was a slight mummer in the crowd. Another person held up their hand,which our teacher gave a nod to.

"What's 'Power Management' for then?"

His lip twitched upwards for a millisecond, "I'm glad you asked," His long legs glided as he paced back and forth with his hands behind his back. "Power Management is where I will teach you how to properly use your powers. This may be shocking since you all are so used to your powers being contained, but I plan to nurture your powers and make them flourish beautifully." The mummers turned into shouts of confusion and excitement. The teacher cleared his throat loudly and the class instantly fell silent.

"Emotional Management is where I teach you to control your emotions. This is the most important one of all since without succeeding in keeping your emotions in control will be your downfall indefinitely. That is why I am teaching this first. I will need a volunteer...." Mr. Knight searched all of our nervous faces before landing on a guy with bright pink hair.

"Please come stand beside me." The boy nodded vigorously before standing up and awkwardly stepping down the bleachers and avoiding stepping on one of us.

"What's your name?" Knight gave a shockingly gentle smile to the nervous Keet.

"M-Malcolm." His voice was squeaky and laced with nervousness.

"What makes you mad Malcolm?" Knight asked in a curious and gentle tone.

"N-not much." Malcolm responded with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Oh," Knight said in a surprised tone before slowly walking around his student. "not much makes you angry?"

"Y-yes?" 

"So if I do this," We all let out a gasp when Knight whacked Malcolm in the back of his head. "you won't get mad?"

Malcolm's jaw clenched for a second before relaxing as he regained his composure, "No I will not."

Knight raised an eyebrow, "Oh okay. What if I call you a whiny little bitch? Will you get mad if I call you a whinny little bitch? Huh whiny little bitch?" He asked while invading Malcom's personal space. We all looked in a mixture of shock and fear when Malcom's fist clenched and his face grew red.

"No." 

"That's real nice, but what if I call you a waste of space?" Knight began to tap Malcom's cheek aggressively with the palm of his hand. "You should've never been fucking born you waste of space." Knight whispered loud enough for all of us to hear. 

I stood up in anger, "Stop picking on him you prick!" 

Knight looked up me and smiled, "I'm just telling Malcolm here that his mother shouldn't have made such a waste of fucking space."

Malcolm's eyes grew dark as they angrily glared at him, "I'm going to fucking-"

"You're angry right?" Knight asked as the smile on his face disappeared.

"You damn right I am!" Malcolm seethed and took a step towards Mr. Knight. He winced and looked down at his hand in surprise. Malcolm lifted his hand up and inspected it in confusion.

"That was your ring." Knight informed as he calmly stood in front of Malcolm with his arms crossed.

He looked up from his hand, "My ring?"

"It's sending you a small shock as a warning to calm yourself down before it releases the sedative." Mr. Knight turned around so he was facing the rest of the class. "This is a demonstration of how you can be easily angered if the right buttons are pushed. I am well aware that many of you like Malcolm deem yourself as not being easily angered, but I can tell you this now that you are. Every single insult that I told Malcolm is exactly what a Non would say to him. They know that if he grows angry and tries to fight back, he will be kicked out of this project. Nons know that the topic of family is an extremely sensitive issue for the majority of us and will use that knowledge to their advantage. Malcolm," Mr. Knight turned to the pink-haired boy. "I apologize for all of the harsh words I said to you and I am grateful for you being part of my demonstration. You may go back to your seat."

"I-its okay, I guess I am angered more easily than I thought." He laughed awkwardly before walking back to his seat.

"And Echo?" 

My eyes widened, "I'm glad you tried to stop the confrontation from going any further. Though, I would prefer it if you wouldn't have done it so aggressively." He smirked when I gave him a silent nod.

"See me after class."

That is the exact moment my stomach dropped to Hell. 

HELLO HELLO HELLO PEOPLE OF THE EARTH!!!!! Sorry for the late update! I was trying to bring up my grade in English, which I did and my GPA is freaking saved!!!! Speaking of English, have you ever had that moment when you're seriously sick and you had to beg your group members to finish a project that due tomorrow? Haha yep I had to do that shiz Monday! I stayed home cause I could barely move my body. The week prior was talking(pleading) to my group members to starting the project, which they swiftly ignored. So I was in my bed on Monday dying and also working on trying to finish the project so I wouldn't fail at 8 in the morning working with my crappy group who decided to FINALLY work on the damn thing. What makes it even better was that I was practically forced to go to school the next day to present the damn thing, which didn't fall apart since my teacher was in one of her good moods. Haha just want to share that cause I'm still PRETTY displeased with the situation. And I lost my AP English textbook which is like a hundred or so bucks to replace? ANYWHORE I hope you guys liked the chapter cause damn son it took me a while to come up with it for some reason...  Welp here I am typing on my mother's laptop with a sore throat that I wish would go away,  watery eyes that makes it seem like I watched the ending of Clannad again, a stuffy and bloody nose, and a cough to die for. Yeah I am feeling freaking AMAZING right now! At least I finally finished this freaking chapter and uploaded it! SORRY FOR THE RANTING IN THIS NOTE I GET EMOTIONAL WHEN I FEEL LIKE I  AM DYING!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520 56 26
^BEFORE YOU READ! There is a complete version of this book. This version of the book is just something I wanted to do because there are some things t...
200K 7.3K 31
I don't get it. I really don't. I died, I get that much. But waking up in a dark and squishy place, with absolutely NO ROOM to move, I DON'T GET. Let...
1K 65 48
Ages 14+ (lesbian concepts and some profanity) This is not your everyday love story, okay? It's not a chick flick either. The events and themes withi...
3.8K 85 17
She still looks the same, sounds the same and loves the same but is she the same, only time can tell. A toxic love story between two ex lovers. The e...