Obscurity. Rucas. GMW CHOICE...

By taylorcochran93

Riley Matthews, all around good girl and to put it plainly invisible. Some would even say obscure. Lucas Fria... More

Time Stood Still.
Nicknames.
Hide Out.
Game.
Stop.
Trust Me?
Date or No Date?
Jane Eyre.
Spot.
Knight in Shining Armor.
Good Idea?
Candid.
Scared.
Plans.
Long Day Part 1
Long Day Part 2
End of a Long Day.
Empty Threats?
Bullying.
Stronger.
Lucas' Story.
I'll Always be Here for You.
Yes.
Worth It?
ILY?
Closet Part 1.
Closet Part 2.
Gulp.
What Would You Call That?
Protection.
Or Something.
Obsessed.
Don't.
Humiliation.
You're Still Protecting Me.
Time.
Excuse you?
Is He Breathing Fire?
I'm Disappointed.
Boxing?
Why?!
Real Threats.
I'm All About that PDA.
Do You Have a Riding Lawnmower?
Turns out I'm the Dragon.
Again.
A/N GMW Choice Awards.

I Have No Idea.

4.2K 121 70
By taylorcochran93

"Riley, please call me back. I have an idea where you're at but I just, need to hear your voice. Alright, bye." He hung up the phone and within minutes he pulled into the antique store and released all of his worry with a heavy sigh after seeing her car. He opened the door to the make shift library and saw her cozied up on one of the vintage couches reading a novel. "Hey beautiful," she didn't move, her eyes continued to absorb the words within the hard copy. "What're you reading?"

"A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare. I needed a light read."

He chuckled and sat on the floor beside her, "a light read? Is there such a thing with Shakespeare?"

"Light meaning, non-dramatic, carefree." Short, sweet and to the point.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

The book slammed shut, "why what's it going to do for me?" This was the first time he'd seen her genuinely angry. The other day was more of a frustrated caring sort of anger. Don't tell her how sexy she is when she's angry.

"What'd they say?"

The brunette blinked and wiped a tear away, "she told someone to sit on me for fun," she sniffled, "and to leave you alone, leave everyone alone." He pulled her off the couch and into his arms, holding her tight. How could anyone treat her this way? "That I'm nothing, that's another reason I can't date you Lucas. She'll make my life 20 times worse." His lips touched the top of her head.

The quarterback cleared his throat work fast Luke she has to get that idea out of her head. "You can't allow other people to control your happiness." She crawled into his lap and buried her head into the crevice of his neck.

"I'm trying." God I love holding her, like my own drug. Every day that passed was a new high, and an even stronger addiction.

"Have you talked to your dad, he's a teacher. I'm sure he could figure something out, detentions or-"

The brunette disagreed, "That might make it worse. I just need to get one good punch in."

The meadow eyed man chuckled, "do you even know how to throw a punch, and this isn't me condoning? This is me making sure if and when you do decide to hit her, which is completely out of my control, that you don't break a thumb." Fighting Riley, that'd be a sight for sore eyes.

"I'd get in trouble for that wouldn't I?"

"Do it off school property. That's what my mom always tells me, even though I didn't really listen. Again, not condoning." She giggled lightly and crawled out of his lap, even though he protested, a lot. "Please don't leave me alone. Don't listen to her, ever." Please don't go away Riley.

"I wasn't planning on leaving you alone, not today at least." Her brown eyes moved to find her keys, "also thank you for coming to find me. How'd you know where I'd be?"

One look at your face and how incredibly happy this place made you, there was no way you couldn't come here when you were sad. "A lucky guess." Lucas reached for her hand and hastily forced her back down in his arms, his pointer finger shifted her bangs out of the way to get a better glance into her beautiful eyes. With one swift motion, and 2 insanely fast heartbeats they locked lips. It was as amazing as their first one, every time they kissed she was reminded over and over how much she liked him. The brunette inched her way back into his lap, finding anyway to get closer. Wrapping her legs around his waist and feeling her fingers in his hair was driving him crazy. God she's an amazing kisser. There was no way I was her first. "I was your first kiss, right?"

"Yeah. Why? Am I a bad kisser?" She tried to hide her cheeks that had tinged with pink.

Riley looked so cute nervous, she bit her lip and fidgeted with her hands, "No you're incredible!" He pressed his lips against her cheek, "you crawling into my lap," he kissed her neck, "wrapping your legs around me." Lucas lips found her collarbone and she let out a moan of pleasure, "and grasping my hair like that, all huge turn on's." He pecked her collarbone again, and took note of how much she enjoyed it.

"We should go before, we get carried away." The brunette kissed him again and maneuvered out of his lap before putting the book back. "Aren't you gonna get up?" Ha yeah right.

His eyes moved towards his lap, "just give me a minute."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Riley finished setting up the food for the football team and poured herself a glass of sweet tea because yet again she was feeling light headed. She sat down in a chair and clutched her head hoping to stop the annoying pain, "are you okay?" Her brown hair whipped to the left and let out a small smirk.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Why is he sitting beside me? "Thank you for asking."

Charlie nodded and was noticeably nervous, "are you coming with us to the away game?"

"Yep, I didn't have much of a choice." She giggled and took another drink, wow this was probably the most awkward conversation ever. "Are you ready for the game?"

"Yeah very, I'm starting wide receiver."

"I know." She whispered, "That's great."

"Are you going to the party afterwards?" Lucas cleared his throat and they both swiftly moved their heads to the entrance, "hey Luke."

"Charlie," he acknowledged, awe he's jealous. "What's going on in here?"

"I was just leaving." Riley stood up and poured another glass, "my dinner is in the office and I need to eat." Oh crap, I need some more tampons. I'll eat and go to the store, I don't need to drive like this.

The quarterback followed after her, "Hey beautiful you okay?"

"Yeah, just feeling light headed and dizzy and what not. I just need to eat and I took some alka seltzer about an hour ago." Oh hello, he's touching my wrist. That shouldn't have that much of an effect on me. "Yes sir?"

His emerald eyes inched closer and stroked some hair out of her eyes, "you are so beautiful." He's so full of it, "so I may be stepping on Charlie's toes but are you going to the party afterwards?" No give me a bed and some heavy medications, like oxycodone or Xanax. "I'd really love it if you could come, I'll protect you." He whispered, and stared into her eyes. Those damn glistening, perfect eyes that remind me of a meadow.

"I don't know, I still have a battle scar from last Friday."

Let's make him work just a little bit more. Wait no, bed, medicine that's my idea of a Friday night. Oh his hands are on my waist, and I'm getting closer to him. Lucas, hello. "Please." He bit his bottom lip and softly kissed her cheek. Congratulations, you win. Oh I didn't say that out loud.

"Congratulations you win. But if I don't eat soon I'll probably die before we have to leave for the game. I'll see you later, okay?" She nodded and started to walk away, he doesn't like me walking away. His emerald eyes glistened as he yanked her back into his chest for a light but passionate kiss. "Luc-"He interrupted her again, his lips crashing onto hers. I'm pretty sure I was originally going to protest to this but wow, I lost my train of thought. She threw her arms around his neck and felt him pull her in closer to his chest. She let out a small moan whenever his fingers ran through her hair. A group of guys sauntered out of the locker room to get dinner and more than half of them wolf whistled. Riley pulled away and literally had to turn Lucas' face towards his teammates to get him to stop trying to kiss her. "I'll see you in a bit."

The quarterback watched Riley walk away and bit his lip. Man she's perfect. "Alright Luke, how was she?"

"What?" His loving gaze shifted to an angry one at one of his fellow teammates, Heath.

"You haven't slept with her yet? That's the reason you're with her right?"

The brightness in his eyes dulled, "do yourself a favor Heath and shut the hell up. I don't plan on sleeping with her anytime soon." I'd be throwing punches left and right if it weren't for her. What the hell was he thinking asking that? Asshole. Zay placed his hand on his shoulder, as if that would prevent him from getting to Heath, and escorted him to the film room.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Alright those steak fajitas did wonders, I only wished I had more because I'm already feeling weak again. What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I even here? He doesn't need me, the only thing I can possibly be used for is the sign out sheets at the end of the game. I guess I do have a pretty great seat for the game, 50 yard line don't mind if I do. "Hey peaches." What is Maya doing here? Oh, I didn't say that out loud.

"Maya what are you doing here?" The brunette stood up and gave her a hug.

The blonde giggled, "Josh told Coach you may need some help. Apparently he's worried about you. Are you feeling alright?"

No. "I'm fine. Just light headed and when I'm not light headed I have a head ache. That's why I'm sitting, I've been dizzy. I thought it was because I was dehydrated so I've been drinking tons of water and I ate some steak fajitas for dinner which helped but not enough Alka Seltzer or Advil in the world will get rid of it, or so it seems."

"Easy or you'll OD!" The blue eyed girl mumbled, "Are you coming to the party? If not I can take you home before I go. You don't need to drive if you feel this bad."

"I told Lucas I would." Maya glanced over towards her best friend.

Her hand shot up to Riley's forehead, "peaches your pale. But you aren't running a fever." The brunette gently removed her best friend's hand, "in fact you're cold. What the heck is going on with you?"

"I don't know. I'll go see a doctor tomorrow if it hasn't gone away. It started last night and it could be because I'm on my period." The brown eyed girl nodded reassuringly and shifted her gaze to the blow up helmet the team runs out of. "There's your boy."

"And yours."

"WHO WANT'S A VICTORY?!" Lucas shouted.

"WE WANT A VICTORY!"

"WHAT TIME IS IT?!"

"GAME TIME!" The team jumped into a circle and started shouting. Lucas hated the pressure a lot of the time, but in this moment right here, this is what he loved to do.

"LET'S GO SPARTANS!" The team sprinted onto the field and heard the crowd yell in an uproar.

Maya and Riley shouted and clapped their hands, cheering on the men that they've become attached to. The brunette caught a glimpse of the head cheerleader and immediately shifted her eyes towards the field. "Ignore her Riles. She's jealous because Lucas is interested in you."

"She doesn't know that."

Maya scoffed, "word got around about your little make out session."

How? That was literally 2 hours ago! School was out! Ugh, I hate gossip! Her hands covered her eyes, "ugh, what am I doing? Setting myself up for disaster, that's what! He could just be using me to fulfill his lady killer ways. Or-"

"Shut that hole in your face." The blonde joked, "You're just telling yourself that because you're freaking out that someone as popular as Lucas Friar is interested in you. But newsflash pumpkin he likes you for you, he doesn't give a crap that you aren't popular. So just like you he trusts you are interested in him, because well it's more than obvious you are, you need to trust that he likes you."

Lucas glimpsed to his right while warming up and smirked at her, she was gorgeous, as usual. The brunette glanced up and smiled at him, before he kissed the air, hoping it would make its way to her.

"Come on Luke," Josh muttered, "let's show off a little bit."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Riley stood outside her car, waiting for Lucas. Josh and Maya had already come and gone, she had no idea why it always took him so long to get ready but knew he was kind of a diva about his hair. "Hey beautiful." The quarterback couldn't help himself, his lips pressed against hers and his left hand held her face.

"Hi, great game." The brunette yanked him back towards her and giggled before kissing him again.

"Thank you for coming." His fingertips played with the tips of her hair. "I can't believe you're going." Riley inhaled deeply and stared off into space, "Riles?" His eyes moved towards the direction she was looking and then back at his crush, "Riley, you okay?"

"What?" She blinked several times, "sorry zoned out for a second."

He furrowed his brows and tilted his head to the side, "you sure you're okay?"

"Yes! I'm fine. I'll meet you there." The brunette gave him a kiss and moved towards the driver's side.

"Maybe I should drive. You can leave your car up here, I'll take you to get it tomorrow morning."

She shook her head, "it's just down the road at Zay's." Lucas clenched his jaw and tried to ignore every bad feeling that he was getting. "I'll meet you there." Riley slunk into the car and turned on the cold air. Once she saw Lucas' truck leave the lot she followed right behind him. She turned onto the street, the party was bigger than last time, probably because they won against a rivalry. "See," she slammed her car door shut, "I'm fine."

"Doesn't change the fact that you aren't feeling well." His bright green eyes moved to look at her hand, wanting to grab it, but respected her wishes. "Come on, we won't stay late."

Maya hugged her best friend and pulled away, "yay I'm glad you could make it!"

"I told you I was." Riley looked around, "hey want to stay the night tonight? My parents went to their hotel date night thing they do every other week."

"I'm there." The girl's fist bumped.

"Hey I'm gonna run to the bathroom. Tell Lucas when he gets back to be waiting at the bottom of the stairs please. I don't want to be alone." She giggled and slowly meandered her way up the staircase. The brunette got to the top and inhaled deeply, why did that wear me out? She hurriedly fell into the bathroom. She drank some water out of the sink and splashed a little on the back of her neck.

"Where's Riley?"

"Bathroom, she said to wait here because she didn't want to be alone." The blue eyed girl giggled, "You're making headway if she decided to come out with you tonight."

"I hope so." His eyes moved to the top of the staircase. She was grasping onto the railing and somehow looked even paler, "Riley?" The brunette stood up straight and before anyone could know what was happening she was rolling down the stairs. "RILEY!" Lucas caught her before she landed on the hardwood. "No, no, no wake up beautiful. Come on." All eyes were on the new drama for the night, "look at me, and wake up. RILEY!" He hurriedly lifted her off the ground. Maya was wide eyed and Josh was clearing a path, trying to give her some space. The green eyed man put his head to her chest, "her heart is beating really fast. Come on, I'm taking her to the ER." There were already bruises forming on her arms and legs. Lucas was mentally having a meltdown.

"RILEY PLEASE WAKE UP!" The blonde yelled, Josh grabbed her arm to keep her out of the way.

"MOVE!" Josh yelled, "WE'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU LUKE!" Lucas sped off before Josh and Maya made it to his Jeep, "call my parents babe. Let them know what's happening."

"What is happening?" Maya's hands were in her hair, while she cried.

"I have no idea."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Dun..Dun..Dun

Let me know what you think?

Whatsa goin' on with Riley? :(

u

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 936 18
It's Senior year, and Riley and her friends, Farkle, Maya and Lucas (her dreamy eyed boyfriend) are trying to make the best of it. But with the retur...
116K 4.4K 41
Riley the bad girl of the school. Gets detention a lot. Every teacher hates her. Maya the new substitute teacher for Mrs. Thompson, married to Lucas...
23.1K 672 27
Riley Matthews plays a trick on campus heartthrob and bad girl, gangster, Maya Hart. Setting up an arrangement to pretend as lovers-to make her ex je...
145K 4K 32
When bad boy,player, and trouble maker Lucas Friar comes to John Quincy Adams High school and sets his eye on Good girl, Riley Matthews, they are put...