Swapped Feelings | ✓

By Gorgeous_enyah

[Sequel to Swapped Love] [Highest Ranking #1 in Teen Fiction] Allison's life is a mess again. 1) Jared Grey h... More

■ Prologue
■ Return of Grey
■ My life now
■ She better watch out
■ We meet again
■ Bottled up hatred
■ First day
■ Mixing up
■ Unnecessary dress up
■ She is an idiot
■ Drinks
■ Drunk dialling
■ Payback
■ Arguments
■ Beginning of something again
■ A day off
■ Rude or not
■ Lunch fights
■ Dear lord
■ Conflicted mind
■ Cold attitude
■ On the way
■ The party
■ Club incident
■ Sea green eyes
■ Pancakes love
■ Tease
■ Tensed
■ Nostalgic
■ Hello, Hails
■ No more sir
■ The deal
■ Grumpy journey
■ Enough Grey!
■ Assumed truth
■ Still the same
■ Despise
■ Knocking some sense
■ Doing the deed
■ Try again Jared
■ Continue trying
■ He did not!
■ Shouting match
■ Balance

■ Epilogue

8.2K 366 66
By Gorgeous_enyah

"No, you don't get it. Chocolate is way cooler than vanilla," Jared said, shaking his head disagreeing.

"Nope. Vanilla is better," I argued.

We were sitting at Rookie point and having a serious debate on ice cream. We decided we needed some time for us and no media or family interruptions. Plus, we both had a promise made weeks back. Rookie point was our haven.

"Vanilla is bland," He scrunched his face, looking utterly baffled at my choices.

"Uh uh. Chocolate is for kids. Vanilla is less sweet than chocolate. That makes you a kid," I pointed out.

"You love kids, don't you?" He grinned.

"Yes, specially twenty two years old businessmen. Real mature they are," I rolled my eyes.

"Twenty three," He corrected.

My parents had been very happy to know we were finally together. Alice had fake wiped her tears. Hailey had already started planning our wedding and I don't think she meant it as a joke. Wade opted for a party to commemorate this epic day.

Ah, sweet wacky family. How I loved them.

We had quickly given the news and immediately took off for Rookie point. Wade let us borrow his car and he gave me tight hug before we left for the night. At this point, even my parents didn't care their daughter was out with a man. I think they secretly were shipping us throughout these years.

"I am so happy for you, Alli. Go on. Don't scratch my car," Wade gave a warm smile as I smiled back.

"Thanks for helping Jared," I said. Jared and Wade shared an understanding look as Jared gave him a brief hug.

"Take care of her and for god's sake, don't fight again for the next five years," Wade said as Jared solemnly nodded to every word of his.

"But you can't deny one thing, Alli," Jared finished his ice cream and was eyeing mine. I thought he hated vanilla. He motioned his head towards my ice cream and I sighed, passing him the cone.

"What?"

"All thanks should go to Alice. If that day she hadn't asked you to dress up, we would have never met. Thank god she decided to not go that day. I am so glad she found me boring," He said happily, eating my ice cream and showing no signs of returning it.

"Point. I never really got out of the house. After you came, I started going out a lot. Remind me to thank her later. My life is a lot like Alice. Both you and Trevor left and then came back and we got back together," I calculated, "I mean I knew it sounded like a movie, but this is a bit insane. You would think the twin telepathy was enough."

"You know after we returned from London and I locked myself up, I went back during our high school days and wondered why you couldn't say it to me that time. I realized it was the same reason why I couldn't tell you about the engagement fiasco. Even I had time to tell you. The deal, I made it solely for the company's future prospects. I wanted to work hard but I didn't work smart. I was hasty and I couldn't draw the boundary."

"You were never the smartest of the lot," I chortled. He narrowed his eyes at me, poking his tongue out childishly before beaming again.

God, how much I have missed him and that infectious smile.

"But I must admit, I would've gone forward if it wasn't for that twisted proposal."

"I am sorry you had to lose out on the biggest project," I said softly, "I know you were in a spot and not that I wasn't hurt, but somewhere, I do understand."

He nodded, "I thought about what Hailey said and I reflected on everything we went through. I couldn't build a partnership where I would be miserable, no matter the monetary gain. I don't know if I took a stupid career decision but I don't regret anything. You over anything, loved ones over anything."

I felt the warmth ooze through me as he didn't seem to realise how good his words felt.

"I can't believe we wasted five years of our lives. We are such idiots. We could have been together. Done so many things. We lost five years," He pouted.

"Didn't we just make out a lot on the terrace before coming here?"

"Insignificant. It still won't cover even a week's worth of kisses."

"Oh really? But I guess it was necessary, don't you think? A sharp sense of reality. It made us stronger and more mature. It made us independent," I said.

"Blah blah blah... so now what?" He asked, finishing half of my ice cream and not even looking sorry as I shot glares at him.

"What what?"

"Do we announce about us tomorrow or do we wait for few days?" He asked, scooting closer and bending low so he could rest his head on my shoulder. I raised myself a bit to adjust his tall frame. He held my hand and entwined our fingers, casually pressing kisses to our knuckles every five seconds.

"Well, you just got out of an engagement. Wouldn't that put you in a bad light?" I asked.

"Fine. We can wait for few days. Let the media hype and speculation die down. We need to 'mourn' before we move on to different people, though I don't mind revealing tomorrow itself."

"I was thinking few years."

"I don't mind keeping our dating life a secret too. But you must know Alli, media loves to patch up people, edit things and create mountains out of molehills."

"Well, we can pull a Daniel Radcliffe," I grinned.

His face lit up, "We can. It doesn't matter much as long as they stay in their limits. For now, I just want to shout it to New York City that finally, after so long, Allison Marshall is my girlfriend."

"Stand up and shout it to the world first then," I chuckled.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Allison Marshall is my girlfriend."

"I said to the world. Not to me," I rolled my eyes as tingles ran up my spine with his lips touching my ears.

"Yeah, but you see you are my world," He continued to whisper for some reason, not that I was complaining.

"Seriously? That was so cheesy. Even a cheese pizza has less cheese. And believe me I love them," I said as a matter of fact as he again pecked my knuckles.

"So, do I get a kiss for that?" He asked, smiling shamelessly. He was practically clinging onto me and showering me with kisses every second.

It was a bit new to me but five years of wait probably did this to a person.

I gave him a peck on the lips, "Finally, its Allija. I was getting sick of Jalice."

"Allija? That's a disgusting name. You couldn't think of a better name?" He raised an eyebrow, looking displeased.

"Point is, its us," I ignored what he said.

"Yup. Just the two of us. In our imperfect world," He smiled, "By the way, we have to kiss more often you know, to make up for those years. Prepare yourself," He said seriously, kissing me again.

"Bring it on, sir," I smiled between his very much physical affection.

"I love you. But I love the sound of sir even more. Makes me wanna roleplay all those boss and secretary stories which we did."

"Without actually doing anything."

"Not into cabin sex though. I like to keep my workplace and bedroom shenanigans separate, if you ask me."

I looked at him affectionately, "I love you, Jared. I adore you, cherish you, respect you even though it breaks off at intervals but Jared..."

"Hm?"

"What about your job? You do realize that your position might be at stake along with mine?" I asked seriously.

He nodded, "I am sorry about your job. Don't worry, I have contacts and I can help you find a place where you can work of things go awry-"

"No! I have Ford's number. When he left, he had told me he was starting his own business so I could always call him. I don't want your help in this. You should think about your own job, Grey," I had gone all business mode.

He sighed, "Look, nobody knows anything about us besides our families. My dad won't rat me out. Unless the media snoops around too much, we are safe. Our company does have some employer employees policies but as far as I know, we haven't broken anything as I haven't slept with you... yet," He giggled like a child at the last word, "The least that can happen is we could contact the legal team and go through all the clauses and policies. We could tweak some in our favor because the company values us. You are good at your job and the board of directors have seen me work. So, they have no excuses to complain I wasn't doing my job."

"How can you still be so chilled? I might have to immediately call Ford tomorrow regarding my job and you will lose a post so high and think about all the losses-"

"Alli, I know people might be speculating but also I know the guidelines of my company. We aren't that strict because we know we can't help who we fall for as long as it is kept strictly private and it doesn't hamper your work. We might have a meeting held and you might also have to come and give your voice but I assure you, the worse that can happen is I will get demoted and not be given the post of CEO. My father texted me about the consequences and he reprimanded me that I shouldn't have done a public apology about some mystery person but-"

"Oh my god, your father hates me, doesn't he? I have cost your company millions!"

"He always adviced me not to get involved with people at work place but Alli, I assure you one thing. He doesn't hate you. He knows how much I have suffered these past five years. I assure you, I will handle everything. You just say the word and I can also handle your job. I am still a Grey and I own the most shares," He said seriously.

"No that's fine. I knew I wouldn't work for you the moment you appeared on TV today. I would like to focus on work when I am working and after today, it would have been slightly difficult," I said, "However, what if you get fired or some really unfavorable decision takes place, just in case?"

He gave a huge grin, "Remember the bakery and café I wanted to open? Money was never a problem for me, you see."

I laughed, "Of course. You have enough money so you don't need to worry about your future."

"Plus, I am soon turning twenty three, still in my prime. If I start my own business now, I can again earn my status within five to six years. Not to be proud, but money wasn't a factor for me. Plus, I won't hesitate to ask for help if required from my father. I am selfish that way."

"Not selfish. It would be stupid if you didn't take advantage of opportunities you already had. People can't complain you had it easy. It wasn't your fault you were born as a Grey. You have proved yourself to be more than capable, Jared. I have worked under you and I have seen you struggle your ass off so you deserve every penny and praise," I said sincerely.

"There is also the issue of your safety. You have to stay low and not post anything in any social media for awhile. In case the paparazzi finds and hounds you, you might have to move out to a safer place. Though, I don't think they are getting anywhere soon. You are my PA for now so you will be off the suspicious charts because you will have to stay with me throughout work hours, you have been seen before. They'll probably think its some model or actress," He snorted, "As if. I have never been in a relationship, let alone with a celebrity but they sure love to hope I would."

"Where would I move if they found out my location?"

"My place. I am sorry about all the inconvenience. I shouldn't have done that," He gave a sheepish look, "Its more about your job that is making me feel shitty."

"Don't worry. As it is, I believe my job wasn't one where I had to struggle to get it."

"What do you mean by that? You were damn good at your job, Alli. You have been the best PA I have had till now and I don't say that because you are my girlfriend-"

"Jared, when I worked for Ford, it was a very small company and I was fresh out of college. Your company is a million dollars company, if not more. I didn't have to give any interview to get the position. People who have more experience and knowledge than me would sit in lines for hours to have my position and I got it because you wanted me by your side. So, maybe its for the good. I'll work under Ford again and then make my own way up to become the director someday. Do you understand what I am saying?"

"Yes. I do. But the stupid immature part of me is selfishly happy I took you. I have no regrets," He pouted adorably. I couldn't help but look fondly, "My impulsive decision turned out to be good. You learnt a lot and you can elaborate on your resume if you wish to leave."

"Yeah."

"We can figure everything out tomorrow. I am there with you. Let's enjoy the moment for now then."

He grinned and again gave a deep searing kiss that had me going breathless after a while, "My goodness, I had no idea you were so lovey dovey."

"Four and a half years worth of waiting, baby. You have no idea how much I have waited for this day, to kiss you whenever I liked and hold you as my girlfriend."

"That much?"

"Even more. Back then, I had to control myself and remind that I had to prove myself first, you weren't keen so I had to wait and wait. I was okay with being friends but as time grew by, it had become very difficult for me so I constantly gave you hints. Five years later, it felt the same, just with more sexual tension," He laughed loudly, "More R-Rated you could say. I wanted to take you then and there. All sorts of dirty thoughts sprouted. They still did during these months."

Oh my.

"I understand. We wouldn't have that problem anymore," I grinned.

He raised an eyebrow and gave a tug so I was pressed against him, "Oh really?"

"Not here, though. Let's keep Rookie Point pure, shall we?" I pinched his cheeks lightly.

He pulled back and smiled widely at me, his eyes sparkling with hope and love. He pressed one last kiss on my cheek before getting up and extending his hand towards me. I could get used to us. I could get used to the kissing. I was already used to him and when we eventually did the thing, I had no doubts I would get more than used to that.

Maybe for the first time, I wasn't angry he had more experience than me in that field. Since I had lesser than him and Jared had quite some of it, my expectations were high and knowing Jared, he would compete to surpass it. Boy, I definitely wouldn't mind that.

I got up, taking his hand as he came from behind and hugged me from backside. This hug felt so intimate and warm that I wished we could stay here forever. He had a musky cologne smell and I buried myself in his blazer as he grazed his thumbs on my forearm. It was my happy place and Jared was happy.

"You worried for tomorrow?" I whispered.

"A little but as long as you are here, I have no stress because this was due a long time. I can take on anything now. You are worth it, Allison Marshall. We can figure out the rest."

My smile doubled in size as I held his hands tighter and we stood there tightly wrapped around each other watching New York glow in moonlight and a gentle breeze enveloping us with identical content smiles and happy hearts.

This was it.

No swapping was required anymore. Things would be quite difficult tomorrow but this was another storm that we could manage. For now, Jared was here with me and we were in this together and we had this night with us at our place. I couldn't have asked for more.

Swapping of love and feelings were all completed.

And so was this phase of our story.

THE END

***************************************************************

Thank you!!! A lot, for giving my story a chance. A lot clichè, I know. But I wanted them to end up together. I like realistic stories. But I don't mind cliché too. ;)

Love you guys!

If you liked this story, feel free to check out my other teen fiction story, "Futile."

Its diammetrically opposite to this and dwelves on darker human emotions on love.

Thanks again.

Ta ta!!

2020 update:

Well, since the cast cannot be seen, if you have noticed from the pictures, when I wrote this story long long back, the cast I had in mind was-

* Victoria Justice as Allison Marshall

* Alex Pettyfer as Jared Grey

* Hayden Panettiere as Hailey Grey

* Skylar Astin as Wade

I don't imagine these actors as these characters now. There have been many actors that have crossed my mind for these people but since the pictures and gifs are already there (and also because I can't make good covers, so I pester my friends to make me one), I am keeping these actors as they are.

P.S- Seeing Kdramas have ruined me. I would've casted South Korean actors now if I were to re think about the cast.

Bye bye! Please check out my other stories!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 504 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
3.2K 85 13
A pretty girl from Seattle gets a life changing phone call after bumping into a Leto brother years ago. The jobs challenging, but not nearly as chall...
47 5 5
Her name is Jasper Wright. She's staring her new job as the secretary for a CEO. His name is Daniel Black. He hired jasper as his new secretary. The...
876K 20.2K 101
"𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙏𝙬𝙤 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙨 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙄𝙣 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙄𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙀𝙡𝙨𝙚 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙔𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙏𝙤 𝘽𝙚 𝘾𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙏�...