Jewel Of Athens

Oleh daughter_of_Athena24

Annabeth Chase had many names, Your Highness, Princess, and even once Please Don't Kill Me Your Most Beautifu... Lebih Banyak

Annabeth
Prologue

Annabeth

628 21 14
Oleh daughter_of_Athena24

"He's just so...ugh!"

Annabeth complained, sprawled across her ornate bed while Piper rummaged through the closet. "How could he do this to me? Does he even care anymore?"

"Your father is just doing what he thinks is best for the kingdom, even if it's not what's best for you at the moment. You'll be okay, Jason and you have a good relationship."

Sighing, Annabeth swung her feet over the side of the bed and onto the carpeted floors. Her dress glided over-top of the handmade rugs and onto the marble of the balcony. She swung the doors shut behind her as her eyes swept across the light sky and tumbling ocean that her balcony provided.

The only living thing to be seen out in the open sea was a speck in the distance, a ship, or a sea creature maybe. Leaning against the railing, Annabeth watched the red speck slowly leave the horizon behind as it inched towards the shore.

"Miss, you need to try on the dress now." Piper called in a soft voice, pulling Annabeth out of her daydreams and into her nightmares. Turning away from the mystery speck, the princess followed her maid into the washing room that resided through an olive coloured door. The basin was filled to the brim with water, hot by the looks of the fogged up mirrors, with oils and scrubs lining the wall. Slipping out of her favourite relaxation dress, with the help of Piper, the young princess stepped into the tub. The heat soothed her nerves, as she felt the worn hands of her maid slowly untangling her mess of hair. Piper chose a bottle, and poured a good amount of whatever resided inside onto Annabeth's head. After thoroughly massaging and rinsing, the young girl added more soaps and perfumes to her mistresses hair, and left it clean and soft.

"Miss, you're all done."

Piper shook the sleeping girls shoulder. Annabeth startled from her state of unconsciousness, and slowly stood out of the water. After wrapping a towel around her upper body and waist, she exited the room to find the dressmakers setting up a stool and mirror. When the ladies saw the princess, they rushed to close the drapes, and position themselves at the door. The eldest, probably around 40-years-old, stepped forward and introduces herself as Sally. She had greying black hair, and beautiful features, touched with age.

"Now miss, would you please put on your undergarments?"

Annabeth obliged quickly and, with the help of the other maids, was ready in a matter of moments. She breathed as best she could with the tight corset as Sally lead her to the stool, and gestured for her to stand atop it.

"Now, your dress."

They pulled the dress out of the bag, and even Annabeth, who was desperately trying to hate it, had to admit it was stunning. The ladies helped Sally to carry it over to the awaiting royal, and also helped her to step into the dress. After pulling it up her legs and torso, the dress slid to a stop with the right side sitting on her shoulder. Pins were stuck, and threads were sewn, before Annabeth was finally allowed to turn and look at herself.

"Wow," She murmured. "It's beautiful."

The ivory dress went to the floor with small train at the end. The waist was a shimmering sewn-in belt of diamonds about the width of her hand. One of the maids pulled Annabeth's hair atop her head, with a small braid wrapped around the top and sides, to create a headband of sorts. Small diamond earrings, and an intricate bracelet finish her new ensemble.

"Is this the wedding dress?" Annabeth questioned.

"No," Sally replied. "It's for tomorrow, the engagement ball. Now take it off her ladies."

The dress was taken of her as Annabeth stood with a startled and frustrated expression placed on her usually calm face. After the fitting, she returned to her plain dress and walked out of the room with Piper following behind. She quickly entered her father's office and stood right in front of the desk. The king looked up, with an annoyed expression clear on his face.

"Father, I would like to go out into town."

The king's features hardened further as he shuffled through his pages, successfully annoying his daughter further.

"Absolutely not. After your escapades earlier today you have been forbidden to leave the castle unless otherwise allowed by me."

"But father, the people will want to see me before I am engaged and sent away to live in another kingdom. It will appease their curiosity for a bit, and allow a calm entrance for all the guests who are arriving."

The king looked at his daughter for a minute. Then two. Then he let a puff of air escape through his nose.

"Fine," Annabeth smiled triumphantly. "But, you must take your guards, and your brothers. They haven't been out of the castle in a while."

The smile melted off her face as Annabeth glared at her father. "You know the boys are more likely to run off than I am. And they were out just two days ago! Remember, they brought home that wretched cow they stole."

"It is final. Now leave before I change my mind."

Still glaring, Annabeth exited the office and ordered a passing servant to retrieve her brothers and bring them to the front gate in their outside wear.

_________
| | | | | | | |
========

Annabeth dragged her brothers out of yet another store. First they spilled a large vat of olive oil at the grocer, than they spilled their juices onto the books at the bookstore, and finally, they ran around and let loose all the animals in the pet store. She marched them into a small alley and swung them to face her. 

"Listen you two, I've had enough of your bad behaviour. Is this how princes act?"

Bobby and Matthew looked at each other. They turned back to Annabeth and nodded. She narrowed her eyes at them. The young boy's eyes widened before they frantically shook their heads. The princess watched them warily before giving their hands to their different caretakers. She turned her sharp gaze to the two maids.

"Don't let them out of your sight this time."

She quickly walked back out into the streets, her back straight and head held high. People bowed whenever they passed, accustomed to the Royals strolling the streets. Annabeth strode towards the last store on her list, the green house. In it resided her good friend, Katy Gardner - coincidence, she knows- , who helped her father tend to the plants. Katy was also well known for her knowledge of everything and anything happening in Athens, which provided a good reason to visit. The small group entered the glass building, immediately engulfed by the humid air and the smell of earth. After coughing for only a moment, Annabeth left her entourage to delve deeper into the mist. She searched through the haze for a certain brunette, finding her leaning over a table completely covered in plants. 

"Katy, there you are!"

The young lady startled, and almost dropped the watering can she was holding. She quickly turned, let out a sigh of relief upon seeing Annabeth, and set down the watering can properly this time.

  "Annabeth! It's been a while! What can I do for you?"

"Well, Katy, I wanted to have a chat, catch up."

Katy looked at her for a moment, before nodding her head slowly. 

"Let's go to the back room, the couch was moved back there. It's better than just standing around."

Following the brunette's lead, Annabeth walked into the purple room, quietly closing the door behind her. She sat on the couch, and turned to face Katy.  

"Now, Annabeth," She reached under the couch and pulled out a worn journal. "What can I do for you, for real this time?"

"I don't have long, but there are a couple small things I would like to know." Katy nodded, and the princess proceeded. "The ball, what do the people know of it? Do they know the reason for its happening, and do they approve?"

The flower adorned girl licked her finger and turned the pages a couple times before finding what she was looking for. 

"Okay, I have here that the butcher thinks it's so your father can kill the important visitors, and take over their countries,"

 Not too far off, Annabeth thought bitterly.

"But you know how he is, always spreading false rumours. Elianna, the grocers new employee, thinks that it's a friendly visit between kingdoms to keep peace and continue to stabilize their relationship after the war fifty years prior. She stands to be one of the smarter persons I talked to today. Others talked about rivalry, marketing and selling products, marriage," Annabeth stiffened quickly at the mention, but relaxed her tense muscles to keep her stoic facade up. "Olives, owls, and lastly, and oddly I might say, pirates."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow.

"I know, odd, but he was quite sure about it. Though," Katy scrunched her face. "He approached me, and I don't know if he even was talking about the ball or something else..."

After several beats of thoughtful silence, Annabeth stood and dusted off her already pristine dress. She turned to her friend and said,

"Thank you, that was very informative. Here, I found this in the shed at the palace." Reaching in to her satchel that rested against her hip, the princess pulled out an orange package that contrasted strongly against the pale blue of the bag, and handed it the gardener. 

"Moon Lace! I didn't know you could even find this in Athens, let alone Greece! Thank you so much Annie!" 

Her Royal Highness smiled slightly at her friends enthusiasm, and then turned to the door and walked briskly out. Her dress swirled against ankles, hiding her sandals. 

I'm sorry I suck!!!!

But if you want anything special to happen on the pirate ship when that part comes let me know! Because I legit have no plans whatsoever apart for a little bit in the future. Please. Help me. 

Also, still shocked that people are reading literally any of my trash books lol love you guys 

See you probably in another month or so if my computer keeps acting up like this

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.2M 54.5K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
99.8K 4.2K 49
β₯β₯β₯ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ, π•Žπ• π•Ÿ'π•₯ π•žπ•–π•’π•Ÿ π•’π•Ÿπ•ͺπ•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•£π•šπ•”π•™π•–π•€ 𝕓𝕒𝕓π•ͺ...
171K 4.8K 67
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
394K 23.9K 83
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...