Annabeth

"He's just so...ugh!"

Annabeth complained, sprawled across her ornate bed while Piper rummaged through the closet. "How could he do this to me? Does he even care anymore?"

"Your father is just doing what he thinks is best for the kingdom, even if it's not what's best for you at the moment. You'll be okay, Jason and you have a good relationship."

Sighing, Annabeth swung her feet over the side of the bed and onto the carpeted floors. Her dress glided over-top of the handmade rugs and onto the marble of the balcony. She swung the doors shut behind her as her eyes swept across the light sky and tumbling ocean that her balcony provided.

The only living thing to be seen out in the open sea was a speck in the distance, a ship, or a sea creature maybe

The only living thing to be seen out in the open sea was a speck in the distance, a ship, or a sea creature maybe. Leaning against the railing, Annabeth watched the red speck slowly leave the horizon behind as it inched towards the shore.

"Miss, you need to try on the dress now." Piper called in a soft voice, pulling Annabeth out of her daydreams and into her nightmares. Turning away from the mystery speck, the princess followed her maid into the washing room that resided through an olive coloured door. The basin was filled to the brim with water, hot by the looks of the fogged up mirrors, with oils and scrubs lining the wall. Slipping out of her favourite relaxation dress, with the help of Piper, the young princess stepped into the tub. The heat soothed her nerves, as she felt the worn hands of her maid slowly untangling her mess of hair. Piper chose a bottle, and poured a good amount of whatever resided inside onto Annabeth's head. After thoroughly massaging and rinsing, the young girl added more soaps and perfumes to her mistresses hair, and left it clean and soft.

"Miss, you're all done."

Piper shook the sleeping girls shoulder. Annabeth startled from her state of unconsciousness, and slowly stood out of the water. After wrapping a towel around her upper body and waist, she exited the room to find the dressmakers setting up a stool and mirror. When the ladies saw the princess, they rushed to close the drapes, and position themselves at the door. The eldest, probably around 40-years-old, stepped forward and introduces herself as Sally. She had greying black hair, and beautiful features, touched with age.

"Now miss, would you please put on your undergarments?"

Annabeth obliged quickly and, with the help of the other maids, was ready in a matter of moments. She breathed as best she could with the tight corset as Sally lead her to the stool, and gestured for her to stand atop it.

"Now, your dress."

They pulled the dress out of the bag, and even Annabeth, who was desperately trying to hate it, had to admit it was stunning. The ladies helped Sally to carry it over to the awaiting royal, and also helped her to step into the dress. After pulling it up her legs and torso, the dress slid to a stop with the right side sitting on her shoulder. Pins were stuck, and threads were sewn, before Annabeth was finally allowed to turn and look at herself.