Monsters [1] // Twilight

By ringkatiering

"Who's gonna believe you? One of these nights somebody's gonna leave you No one's gonna save you come the fu... More

Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters
Monsters

Monsters

2.1K 42 6
By ringkatiering

Chapter 3: Struggles

I sprinted down the stairs to see my dad cooking. It was an unusual smell. Once I got closer, the more it smelled.

"Dad, are you cooking?" I asked as I approached him. I looked at whatever it was supposed to be and saw that it was black.

"Yes, and you should be grateful." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I am very grateful," I said pausing. "For the burnt food."

"Real funny, Ave." He mocked. I smiled and grabbed my backpack.

"Alright, dad. I am going to school." I said walking away.

"Hey, what about your breakfast?" He said before I touched the front door.

"You can have it." I said in disgust. I pictured my dad devouring the burnt food. I walked outside and jumped in the truck. I realized that I had no idea where I was going. I jumped back out and ran inside the house.

"Hey, dad. I-" I was caught off by dad throwing a piece of paper at my head.

"You're welcome." He said with a smile. I dipped my head and ran back out to my truck. I placed the directions down and pulled out of the driveway.

-
I parked in a parking spot and noticed that people were staring.

'Guess they aren't used to having a new student.'

I jumped out in time to see Lizzie and Bella walking with an oddly pale boy.

"Bella, Lizzie, thank god. I have no idea where I am going." I said happily. I smiled big and walked towards them. The pale boy eyed my closely then glanced at Bella.

"Who is she?" He asked. I spoke up before Bella could.

"I am Avery Woodman." I started. He continued to eyeball me which made me uncomfortable.

"Come on, Avery." Lizzie said before pushing me forward. She stopped when she heard her name. She turned around and gasped.

"Jacob, what are you doing?" Lizzie snapped. I seemed shocked by the tone.

"Just thought I would come by and say happy birthday." He said. He looked back towards me causing me to smile awkwardly. He focused back onto Lizzie who was snapping fingers in his face.

"Well, go away. I will see you later." She said before walking away. Jacob smiled at her actions.

"Bye, Elizabeth." He shouted after her. Bella stayed back to talk to him. A hand wrapped around my arm and dragged me. I made a weird noise at the person.

"Come on, Avery. Let's go. I don't want to be around him." A feminine voice said. I smiled and started walking beside her.

"Whatever you say, Elizabeth." I said teasing her. She rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Whatever, Avery." She said in return. She walked me to the main office and waited outside. I got my schedule and my locker combination. I stepped out to see Lizzie sitting on the floor.

"Come on, Liz. We have places to be and people to meet." I chirped. Lizzie got up and walked towards me.

"Can I see your schedule?" She asked reaching for the piece of paper. I handed it to her and watched her examine the paper. A smile crept onto her face. I took a step back and waited.

"We have 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th hour together." She said. I jumped up and cheered. She reached over and pushed my arms down that were above my head.

"What?" I asked. She shook her head in disapproving way.

"Don't do that. Just, never do that." She said before walking. I frowned but smiled as I jogged to catch up.

"Well, this is just great." I said. She nodded and walked in to a room. I followed after her and waited for her to pick out a seat. I noticed that there was an open seat next to her. I sprinted towards the desk and sat down.

"This day is going to be boring." She said groaning. I laughed lightly and leaned over.

"Hey, what are you doing for your birthday?" I asked in curiosity. She shrugged not knowing.

"Nothing, I guess. Bella is going to the Cullen's." She answered. I sighed dramatically.

"Let's have a bonfire." I suggested. She turned her head at my suggestion.

"Sure, but who is invited?" She asked. I shrugged in return.

"I got this." I said lying to myself.

'I don't got this.'

"Alright, I am depending on you for this."

-
I

stepped into 8th hour that was Physical Education. I spotted Lizzie from across the room. I jogged over and stood beside her.

"Hey." She said blankly. Two teachers showed up with a clipboard in their hands.

"Alright, class. We are going to run the mile today. You will be timed so run your hardest. Let's head on outside." The female teacher instructed. Everyone filed outside and stepped on the track.

"Boys, you will be starting first." Coach Davidson said. He told them to go causing the guys to sprint away. The girls stepped up to the line and waited for the teacher to tell us to go.

"And, go." Mrs. Davidson shouted. I jogged after the girls started sprinting. Some of them started slowing down which made me look like I was going faster. My legs moved in long strides. I heard footsteps from behind me. I looked back to see Lizzie hot on my trail.

"Thought you could get away, huh?" She teased. I rolled my eyes and picked up my pace.

I crossed the finish line being the 7th student done. Lizzie came in after me. I bent over and started huffing and puffing.

"Ave, your mile time was 5:07." Lizzie said. I looked up at her to give a questioning look.

"Alright?" I said in more of a question. She laughed lightly at my clueless state.

"You broke the record for girls." She stated. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"What was your mile time?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

"5:38." She replied. I nodded my head and made my way to the school building. I changed into my regular clothes.

"Don't forget about the bonfire, Liz." I said from behind me.

-
I pulled into the driveway and had an odd feeling. I stepped out and took a glimpse around the property. I took one step forward to hear a scream. An unfamiliar scream that sounded like a siren. I turned to look towards the woods. I sprinted for the barn and opened the door. I grabbed a bow and a quiver full of arrows. I hastily shut the door and ran out into the woods. The screams got louder as I followed the sound. I brought the bow up and pulled an arrow out of the quiver. I drew back the string slowly as I caught a group of two people. A woman hovering over another girl. I caught a glimpse of the girl that I automatically recognized. I took a step forward as a stick snapped from underneath me. The woman looked back at me and hissed. The woman's eyes were red and her hair was orange. Her face was covered with blood.

"Hello, Victoria."

--
Hey, how was your day? Mine was quite interesting. Hoped you liked the chapter.

Vote, comment, and follow.

~Katie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85K 1.7K 14
"Lots of lives are gonna be lost, and I don't want one to be yours." "I would rather die trying than let innocent people suffer because we didn't he...
467K 7.6K 10
[BOOK ONE] [RE-WRITING] "You're my personal superhero" Grace Evens just wanted to live her life the way she wanted it, never did she think her goals...
38.8K 470 22
According to the wolf legend, you do not have the power to choose your own fate, they are already laid out for you and you are just to go with it. Ju...
284K 5.8K 64
AMAZING COVER BY @Julelena14 {OC x Alistair} Follow Brooklyn Cullen's life as she handles, Bullying, heartbreak, Trauma and a family full of Vampire...