The Perfect Mistake (Larry St...

By NeverComingDown

He needed a quick bite. No problem with draining a person along the way right? Wrong. When Louis Tomlinson s... More

Preface
1. A Quick Bite & The Change
2. "How could you be so reckless?"
3. Explanations
4. The Plan
5. Meet The Gang
6. "How old are you, exactly?"
7. Liam's Story
8. Questions & The Fight
9. Zayn's Power
10. Lunch Time
Author's Note Numero Uno!
11. New Friends & Perrie's Power
12. Mixed Feelings
13. Preparing For a Journey No One Wants to Go On
14. The First Hunt
15. Fun at the Beach
16. Tonight's Going to Be a Great Night
Author's Note Numero Dos!
17. Parties Are Always a Good Time
18. Niall's Story
19. Well I'm Screwed...
21. Snitches Get Stitches
22. Don't Think Like That
Note...
23. There Are Plans to Be Made, Tests to Be Taken
24. As the Friendship Goes, Resentment Grows
25. We Are the Monsters, the Voices, Under Your Bed & In Your Head
26. Hurt People Hurt People (Part I)
27. Hurt People Hurt People (Part II)
28. Are You Ready?
Second Book
Translations

20. You Bite Your Friends Like Chocolate

14.4K 542 490
By NeverComingDown

A/N: Hey guys. Thank you for the birthday wishes, how incredibly nice of you all. And oh my fucking gosh, 224,000+ reads & 1,300+ fans. YOU GUYS. Insane.

Thanks for reading, commenting, voting, & fanning.

+ + + +

Find your happy place... Liam can't get you if you're in your happy place...

Actually he probably could.

"Lou?"

Shut up Harry, I'm trying to hide in my happy place.

Maybe Liam will think of that one time I helped him with that one thing and he'll let it go... Maybe if I -

Wait. Why am I so scared?

Well, I mean it is Liam...

"Lou-Lou?"

Shut up Perrie, I'm debating with myself here.

Even if it is Liam, I can still take him. Yeah, that's what I'll do. If he gets up in my face then I'll have no choice but to throw down, brotherhood be damned.

You're stupid. He's older than you, therefore stronger. Not to mention wiser. And have you forgotten about his powers?

Doesn't mean I won't go down without a fight.

You really are stupid.

I beg to- ah fine, I really am.

"Lou, you muppet, I'm not gonna hurt you if that's what you're thinking."

Shut up Liam.

Wait what?

"You're not?" I asked, eyebrows furrowing in confusion as I openly gaped at him.

I can't handle today.

Too much stress.

This is why I don't like communicating...

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Nope. I think I let you sweat it out enough already," He grinned mischievously. How fucking dare he. I lowered my head in my hands and sighed tiredly.

"You're horrible. Brilliant, but horrible," I mumbled before quickly darting my eyes over to a nonchalant looking Niall. "You. You're just plain horrible," I glared.

"What'd I do?" He questioned, but I could see the humor swimming in his eyes. 

"You knew all along didn't you? Traitor," I accused, crossing my arms over my chest and sulking like the child I think we've more than established I am. It took everything in me not to full out beam like an idiot though when I felt Harry's muscular - what? I'm allowed to think that it is - arm wrap around my shoulders, pulling me in firmly to his side. Remember when I flicked him and felt as if I'd been set on fire or something? Me neither...but if either of us happened to feel that familiar heat spreading throughout our veins like a wildfire, we ignored it.

"Aw Lou bear, don't frown! Doesn't suit you."

"Yeah Lou bear, don't frown. Wouldn't want any wrinkles on that beautiful face of yours," Zayn snickered. I simply responded to that with a middle finger.

I really need to get new friends.

"Anyways, there's some people that you both need to meet later," Liam said excitedly, practically bouncing in his seat. I pursed my lips in thought and moved a tiny bit closer to Harry, playing it off as stretching (I really was though), pretending I didn't feel his arm tighten around me at the same time. Of course I didn't feel pleased with it either, because that's just preposterous.

"Must I?" I questioned - whined -, scrunching up my face in a way that I hoped would convey just how much I despised meeting new people. You'd think he'd know by now.

"Yes, you must. You and Harry are the only one's that have yet to meet them," Liam answered.

"You'll love them! They're wonderful," Perrie commented. "Right Niall?"

"Definitely. The little purple-haired one is me favorite," Niall eagerly agreed.

I could easily read his mind and find out everything I need to know about these people, mind you, but that requires work and I'm far too lazy for that. And the stupid know-it-all is blocking me... That's not surprising though.

"Do I have to?" I sighed dejectedly, hoping that the answer would somehow be different this time around.

"For fuck sake Lou, yes," Zayn said exasperatedly. Whoa there, calm down.

"It'll be fine Lou. Nothing we can't handle," Harry soothed with a gentle squeeze of my shoulders, leaning his head down slightly and shooting me an adorable grin that did not make my insides flip. I smiled back without thinking, feigning I wasn't aware of exactly how close we were (very close).

"Fine," I drawled, pretending to be annoyed, though it sounded fonder if anything. His grin widened further in response and he playfully pinched my side, causing me to jump slightly. No, I was not fighting back a blush...

"Get a room love birds," Niall said under his breath, causing the other three to snicker in agreement.

"Oi." I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat, preparing to unleash the sass he deserved, but when I opened my mouth the voice that came out was too deep and wonderful to be mine.

"Jealous much?" Harry questioned with an awfully endearing smirk.

"Hah! You're real funny Harry. A right laugh," Niall snorted, shaking his head as if he knew something that we obviously should too but didn't.

Liam cleared his throat, looking not as happy as he was before. "Anyways... Back on topic." As much as I wanted to ignore him I let him continue, not wanting to push my luck. "They aren't in school today, so you'll meet them after at the house tomorrow. I want you both on your best behaviour alright?" He said with a stern look that was mostly aimed at me since he secretly despises me. (It's not really a secret though since we all know.)

"Don't think Lou-Lou will be able to manage," Perrie remarked. I chose to ignore her though because she, along with everyone else - minus Harry -, is acting like a little shit and I don't have time for such childishness.

Liam looked me right in the eye as he said, "Oh I think he will."Then he turned his gaze to Harry. "Make sure he doesn't try to ditch please? And don't fall for any of his mind games or bribes. He's good at that."

I scoffed, because really? Such a kind thing of him to say. I am rather good at trickery and persuasion.

"You're too kind Payne," I grinned widely, batting my eyelashes as I reached over and pinched his cheek. He frowned and rubbed at it once he'd managed to slap my hand away, but by the time that happened it was a nice bright pink that I, personally, thought suited him.

"It wasn't a compliment."

"Well duh, but I like to look on the positive side of things occasionally. You should try it sometime you worry-wart." I said sarcastically as I lightly nudged his shoulder.

"Says the one who thought that Liam was gonna shred him to pieces then burn those pieces to ashes that'd blow away in the wind," Niall muttered; loud enough for everyone to hear and laugh at of course. Like I said: little shits. The lot of them.

"That's actually not a bad idea..." Liam mused, tilting his head to the side as he looked at me in a way I didn't particularly like.

"I hate you all," I grumbled, hiding my face in Harry's neck as I did. I may or may not have discreetly sniffed him along the way.

Don't judge.

"Surely you don't hate me Lou bear?" Harry spoke as he propped his chin on top of my head, and no. I absolutely did not shiver at the feeling of his voice vibrating throughout his chest.

"'Course not Hazza. Just everyone else," I muttered, turning slightly to glare at the amused looking little shits that were, unfortunately, sat around me. Thankfully, before any of said little shits could speak, the bell rang, signaling that lunch was over. Finally. Why is everything lagging today?

"Well," I shouted as I sprang out of my seat, grabbing Harry's hand and lifting him up with me at the same time. "As not fun as this has been... Harry and I have a class to get to. Ta ta." With that I dragged Harry out of the cafeteria, heaving a huge sigh of relief once we were out of sight.

"I've never seen you so enthusiastic about going to class Lou," Harry said with a lopsided grin as we traipsed down the hall, swinging our hands lightly back and forth as we went.

"Don't get used to it. Just wanted to get away from those annoying gits."

He laughed his wonderfully boisterous laugh and squeezed my hand, but immediately pulled away as if he'd been burned at the sound of someone calling his name. We both turned towards the sound and I inwardly groaned when I saw whom it was.

"Aaron," Harry greeted with a stiff nod.

"Hey, uh... Was just wondering where you've been man. The guys and me haven't heard from ya in a while. Think I get why now..." Aaron said, eyes quickly darting over to me before landing back on Harry. "Can I talk to you for a sec, alone?" I'll just pretend I didn't hear the over-dramatic emphasis on the last word.

"That cool with you Lou b- Louis?" Harry questioned, turning to face me with pleading eyes. I'll overlook the fact that he stopped himself from saying my nickname just this once.

"'Course. I'll just be over here," I acquiesced, jutting my thumb at a spot that seemed far enough away. He nodded his head and motioned for Aaron to follow him, which he did, then they both disappeared behind a corner.

I sighed as I leaned against some lockers, drumming my fingers impatiently on my thigh while I listened and waited.

~Harry's Point of View~

"Make this quick yeah? I've got to get to class," I spoke as I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest in a way that I knew was intimidating.

"You're joking right?"

"Do I look like I am?"

"What's your deal man?"

My brow furrowed at that and I pursed my lips. "What are you talking about?"

"Ever since you started hanging out with that group of freaks you've changed. The lads and I haven't taken too kindly to being replaced either, just so you know," Aaron explained, tone slightly bitter.

"I haven't changed, nor have I replaced anybody. You're over-exaggerating mate. Now if you're done whining, I've really got to get to class." I stood up straight and turned to leave, but his hand shooting out and grabbing onto my wrist stopped me.

"See. That's proof enough that you've changed," He spat.

"What are you on about?" I asked with narrowed eyes, easily yanking my hand from his grasp as I did.

"The Harry I knew didn't care about being on time for class! The Harry I knew would never flake out on a party thrown by Gerri because he had 'other priorities'! The Harry I knew wouldn't ditch his real friends for a bunch of freaks."

I zoned out as he continued yelling about things that didn't even matter, barely holding back an eye roll. He was just so dense. He, along with the rest of my so-called 'friends' at school, didn't even know the real me. I've tried being myself, I really have, but everyone always thinks I'm joking; thinks I'm just 'poking fun' at all the 'hipsters' and what not. They all have it embedded in their tiny brains that I'm meant to be feared, respected, and lusted after. I'm the 'school's bad boy' with an unintentional rep and that's it. That's all they'll ever want to see.

"Are you even listening?" Aaron snapped his fingers a little too closely to my face, pulling me out of my thoughts. I could easily break his stupid fingers, but I know better than that. Sadly. "What? You too busy dreaming about that fucking fairy you were holding hands with?" Wait what? He must've seen the look on my face because he snorted before continuing, "Yeah, that's another thing I wanted to sort out."

"What?" I asked, feeling rather stupefied. There's nothing to 'sort out'.

"I saw you acting all coupley and holding hands with that fucking fairy. I'm not gonna tell anyone because after all you've done I still count you as one of my best mates, ya fucker. Sort that situation out before anyone else catches on," He huffed, head jerking in Louis' direction. My fists balled at my sides and I felt my blood boiling.

"Nothing's going on though," I started through grit teeth.

He scoffed, "Definitely not what it looks like."

"But, even if there were...I couldn't give two shits what you or anybody else thought. If I recall, the Harry you knew also didn't take anyone's shit and he did as he pleased," I finished, words laced with as much venom as I could muster, which wasn't too difficult if I'm honest. Old habits die hard.

There was a long moment of silence as I calculated exactly how hard I'd have to bash his head in to the wall for him to forget all about this, but I quickly dismissed the thought since I knew I'd probably end up killing him or something. I still wasn't used to this strength after all.

"Just sort it out Harry, alright? See you around, I guess," He finally muttered, running a hand through his short sandy-blonde hair, and with that he stomped off.

...

...

Well that was extremely exhausting. Kinda wish it were possible for me to take a nap right now.

After a moment spent gathering the jumbled mess that was my thoughts I made my way back over to Lou, knowing full well that he had heard everything if the prominent frown on his face was anything to go by.

"Ready?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't question what had just happened. He simply shook his head and started walking, not even waiting for me. I quickly caught up with him though and intertwined our hands again (it felt nice alright), holding on tighter when he tried to pull away.

"Ignore him. He's a twat."

"Obviously," Louis all but snarled, though he thankfully kept our hands attached this time.

We walked slowly and silently, but it wasn't comfortable; at least not for me.

That needed to change.

"Hey Lou bear?"

"Yes Haz?" I'll admit that that made me feel slightly better, and a bit fuzzy if I'm honest.

"Grimmy's throwing another party tonight. Wanna go?" I questioned with a cheeky grin.

"Harry it's a school night," He deadpanned. That's not what I wanted to hear.

"All the more reason to do it?" I tried, adding, "Besides, it's not like we need sleep right," as an afterthought.

"Ok, you've won me over," He easily relented with a smirk.

"Just promise me that you'll willingly meet these people Liam, Perrie, and Niall seem so keen on? I really don't feel like having to drag you there."

"Oh fine. And Liam wants to say that I'm aces at bribing?" He muttered, shaking his head with a small smile.

"Awesome," I clapped happily, quick to reattach our hands. "We can hang out at my house after. For now, let's go do some learning."

He groaned and shoved me, claiming that I was a buzz kill, but that didn't stop either of us from grinning like fools.

School had been over for a few hours now and, after an awkward and impromptu introduction with my mum (she was supposed to be out), Lou and I found ourselves basically doing what we usually do at his house, except this time we were at mine. After he beat me at another round of the video game we'd been playing he put his controller down and groaned, claiming he was beyond bored.

"I'm gonna look through all of your stuff since I haven't had a proper chance yet," He simply said before standing up and beginning to snoop around. "That cool?"

"Um," I blinked. "I guess? I mean, your already doing it, so..." I trailed off, setting my controller to the side and opting to watch Louis instead as he inspected my collection of CD's. Normally this would bother me and I would've put a stop to it by now, because I like my privacy, but for some reason I found myself not really minding. Probably just 'cause it's Louis.

"Nice posters," He commented after a moment, nodding his head at the wall that was covered in them from top to bottom before walking over to my closet. "Don't know who half the people are, but still."

"Thanks," I chortled, eyes following his every move intently. He disappeared inside my closet and just as I was about to get up to see what he was doing, he popped back out with a gigantic grin and a shirt in his small hands.

"You're wearing this tonight. No arguments," He said, thrusting the fabric at me. My brow furrowed as I held it in front of me, trying to remember where I even got this. It was a plain white shirt with a bunch of women's hands on it; a few even had cigarettes in between their slim fingers.

"Really? Why this one?" I asked. He simply shrugged in response.

"Hope you don't mind, but I'm wearing this one." He unzipped his jacket and shrugged it off then, showing me the dark red shirt that so graciously showed off his collar bones once he adjusted it and, oh. That, that looks quite nice on him.

"Uh, no. You can have it if you'd like." What? I wasn't saying it in the hopes of seeing him in it again... I really wasn't.

"Ok," He drawled. "Now stop staring and start getting ready. We've got a party to attend!"

"Lovely seeing you again Louis," Nick smirked as we headed over to him, taking a sip of his pink and no doubt fruity drink as he sent a wink in Louis' direction.

"Go be a pervert somewhere else Nick," I groaned, sending him a look that I hoped would convey just how not ok I'd be if he kept trying to flirt with Lou. Of course the idiot ignored me though.

"And leave you two all by yourselves? That'd be rude of me," He grinned mischievously, eyes glinting in that way that meant trouble. I have never wanted to punch him so much in my life.

~Louis' Point of View~

Damn, I picked out amazing clothes for Harry and I.

I knew that that shirt would cling to him in all the right places... Of course I look just as irresistible, if not more so... But still. We look great.

"Let's go sit with the clique," Nick, whose hair had gone back to it's original dark brown color since I last saw him, shouted over the loud music that was blasting throughout the warehouse (it was the same one from before). Of course it was just more noise in my opinion, but Harry had begged to differ. 'Lou! The 1975 is not just noise. I really need to immerse you more in music that doesn't suck.' My response to that? 'Maybe later.'

We headed over to the couches and sat down; me to Harry's right and Nick, who was giving us sly looks the entire time, to his left. I decided it'd probably be best if I ignored Nick since he was grinning like that doll from the Saw movies; instead waving at who I think was Alexa and Pixie with a smile. They waved back eagerly just as a chick with purple hair that resembled Perrie's walked over, plopping down in the small space next to Nick with an exaggerated huff.

"Bloody hell I'm exhausted," She whined, pulling at Nick's hair with a pout, and something told me that we would be great friends.

"That's Kelly," Harry whispered in my ear, and I tried not to forget, because he has a lot of friends.

The rest of the night flowed smoothly; conversations full of friendly banter and loads of laughter. I was surprised at how easily they all took to me - or how easily I took to them -, seeing as I had practically nothing in common with them and my first initial thought of them all was that they were odd, but we somehow meshed well nonetheless. I hadn't really gotten the chance to speak to anyone but Nick and Harry the last time, so I'll admit it was a nice change. Maybe whoever is responsible for granting wishes heard my plead for needing new friends after all?

I was in the middle of discussing different tattoos with Kelly, who had moved over to my side once we started talking, when the sound of Harry's booming laughter (Nick had probably said something 'funny', again) interrupted us before quickly cutting off. I turned my head to the side to glance at him and couldn't help but grin when I saw that he was leaning in to me, eyes bright with mirth as he bit on my shoulder to stifle his boisterous laughter. I couldn't even find it in myself to care that his teeth were more than likely leaving marks; he looked so adorable.

"Oi! Harry! You bite all your friends like chocolate?" Nick asked smugly, raising his glass at us before taking a sip.

"Shut up. I do not," Harry huffed, immediately pulling away.

"Suuure."

I grinned, the one that made my eyes crinkle embarrassingly at the sides, and nudged Harry playfully, saying, "Someone's jealous." He cackled again and nodded his head in agreement, subtly grabbing onto my hand and intertwining our fingers.

If he bit my hand a few minutes later whilst chatting with Alexa, I didn't mind.

And if Nick mumbled, "For fuck sake Harold, he isn't chocolate."

I didn't notice.

+ + + +

A/N: Bit of a filler. Oops. I dropped some hints as to what the next chapter will have in it though, if anyone noticed.

This chapter's dedicated to Lizzy_NxL (you guys change your usernames so fucking much I can't keep up. Nor do I like having to check multiple times) who guessed correctly first! It was Best Song Ever by One Direction! Thanks for playing guys. Guess again & get the next chapter dedicated to you!

Guess the Song/Artist:

"Don't call it a fight when you know it's a war. With nothing but your t-shirt on. Go sit on the bed because I know that you want to. You've got pretty eyes, but I know you're wrong. Don't call it a spade if it isn't a spade. Go lie on the floor if you want. The first bit of advice that you gave me that I liked was they're too strong, too strong. Get in the shower if it all goes wrong..."

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 753 79
[edited] complete -------------------- Harry had always thought that his life was never easy. But when he gets kidnapped one day while walking home...
1.8K 59 22
When she is forced to go live with her father in England, Bethany Thompson thinks her life is over. On her first day she makes a new friend and meet...
618K 14.6K 28
Harry Styles is a normal guy with a normal life and he liked it that way, that is until one night when he gets kidnapped and forced to work for hidio...
130K 1.3K 16
Meet Avan she is your average 16 year old. But when she wins a contest to spend a week with her favorite boy band of all time, One Direction. Things...