What A Rush

By FangirlKnight

Abby Wambach gets hurt in a game and might not be able to continue playing. So Jill brings in a new recruit... More

The New Kid
Rough Trip
Club Night
Day Off
Weights and Games
Ice Baths and Headers
Injuries and Interviews
Goals and Sisters
Games and Slang
Blood and Assists
Mozart and PK's
A Visit Home
Posts and Pools
Revenge and Attacks
News and Scars
Recoveries and Flights
Hello?
Silence and Phone Calls
Banged Up and Dog Requests
Friendships and Hospital Trips
Pick Up and Harsh Conversations
Small Talk and Puppy Adoption
Thanksgiving and Old Pianos
Broken Noses and Sick Days
Birthdays and a Rising Sun
Studios and Babysitting
Permission and Jerseys
Early Christmas and New Puppies
Kitchen Dancing and Spanish Bars
Pancakes and Secret Boxes
New Kids and Bad Turf
Nicknames and Pep Talks
Walks and Doctors Appointments
Sprints and Wedding Invitations
Couch Naps and Perfect Plans
Weddings and First Game Back
Olympic Finals and Baby Names
Hostile and Arguments
Pain Medication and No More Coffee
Twins and New Videos
Due Dates and Green Eyes
Two Years and Big Days
Letters From Old Friends

Twins and Dizziness

5.1K 115 15
By FangirlKnight

-Emily-

Today was my mid week checkup. We were going to find out the gender of our babies today, and we were both anxious. I was currently upstairs, looking for something to wear. Pulling on some black leggings, I then pulled on a USA sweatshirt over my bump. Grabbing my American flag beanie, I shuffled out of our room. Walking downstairs, Kelley was running out of the kitchen.

"Ready babe?" She asked, and I smiled. 

"Yup, let's go chica." I said, and headed for the door. Kelley fallowed me out, and opened the car door for me. The defender then ran to the other side, and got in the car. She started it up, and pulled out of the driveway. I turned on the radio, and swung my head to the music. Kelley smiled, and drummed her fingers into the steering wheel.

We soon pulled up at the doctors office, as Kelley parked the car. I brushed my hair over my shoulder, and pushed my aviators up to my nose. Kelley opened my door, and helped me out of the car. I leaned into her, and closed the door. The two of us walked into the doctors, as I placed my aviators up on my head.

"Hey guys." The receptionist said, as we smiled at her.

"Hey Jo." I said. Beginning to check us in, I then walked with Kelley over to a couch. I rested my head on her shoulder, and yawned out. The defender intertwined our hands, and ran her thumb over my palm.

"I'm thinking two boys." Kelley said, and I smiled.

"My family's been known to have girls." I said. "My grandmother had four daughters, including my mom. My mom then had two daughters. I'm thinking two girls." I said.

"What about a boy and a girl." She said, and I nodded.

"It's always a possibility." I said, and looked up at her. She smiled, and slowly leaned in to me. Closing my eyes, I kissed Kelley. Breaking our kiss, I nuzzled my nose into the crook of her neck.

"O'Hara's." We heard Dr. Tess say. "Let's go find out the gender of your babies." The two of us stood up, and fallowed Dr. Tess.

Once we got in the examining room, I jumped up onto the bed. I handed Kelley my aviators, and lifted up my sweatshirt. Dr. Tess sat down on her stool, and wheeled over to the bed. She grabbed the ultra sound machine, and began scanning my stomach.

"It looks like-" she paused, and moved the scanner again. "Yup. You two are having identical twin girls." Dr. Tess said, as I clapped my hands together.

"Called it." I said, smiling at Kelley. She laughed, and smiled back at me.

"Looks like you two have to think of baby names."

---

After the appointment, Kelley and I went home. We were currently sitting on the couch. I was between her legs, as she flipped through a book. I was looking at baby names on my phone, and sighed out.

"What about Victoria?" Kelley asked, and I shook my head.

"No." I mumbled.

"Elizabeth?" She asked again, and I shook my head. "I didn't like that one either."

"Eliza?" I asked, and we both shook our heads.

"No." We mumbled together.

"I don't know." I said, and Kelley sighed.

"We've been at this for hours." She mumbled.

"Maybe we should just name one Tobin." I mumbled, and Kelley laughed.

"No. I will call one of our children sweetheart before I call her Tobin." Kelley said, and I smiled.

"Can we just come back to this later?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Sure." Kelley said, and helped me up. I walked into the kitchen, and searched for something to eat.

"Food." I mumbled, and searched through our cabinets.

"Wanna go get dinner?" Kelley asked.

"Mexican?" I asked, and she nodded.

"Vamos chica."

---

It's been a few days since my mid week checkup, and we've finally decided on baby names. We were going to Skype the whole team, from wherever they all were.

Walking downstairs, I headed towards the kitchen. Pouring myself a smoothie, I heard the front door open. Kelley walked in, and smiled at me.

"Hai pretty." I said, and her smile grew. Pretty was something I've been calling her lately.

"Hai." She said, and gave me a quick kiss. "We're calling them in five minutes, you ready?" She asked, and I nodded.

Kelley opened my laptop, and pulled up Skype. First, she called Alex and Tobin who were in Portland. Then we called Ash and Ali, who were in Washington. Next we called Christen and JJ, who were in Chicago. We then called Pinoe and Hope, who were in Seattle. Then we called Carli, Moe, and Kling, who were all in Houston. Lastly, we called the O'Hara household, down in Georgia.

"Hey guys." I said, and they all smiled.

"Em, you're huge!" Pinoe yelled, as Hope slapped her arm.

"Not nice dude." Hope said.

"So you've decided on baby names?" Ali asked, and we both nodded.

"Yup." I said.

"So we're having two twin girls." Kelley said, and everyone smiled.

"Please name one Tobin." We heard the middy mumble.

"Toby, they're not naming one of their children Tobin. They're gonna name one Alex." The forward said, and I smiled.

"Actually, you're kind of close Alex." I said. "We've decided to name one of our babies Alexis, but we're going to call her Lexi. It was Kelley's grandmothers name." I explained.

"And then we're going to name the other baby-Kinsley." Kelley said.

"After your mom, Em?" Ash questioned.

"Yah, after my mom." I said, and they all smiled.

"Kinsley and Alexis O'Hara." JJ said.

"Kinsley Erin O'Hara, and Alexis Karen O'Hara." I said, and Erin and Karen both smiled.

"That's awesome guys, congrats." Christen said, as I rested my head on Kelley's shoulder. Standing up, I grew a little dizzy.

Gripping the chair, I shook it off. Walking over to the pantry, I grabbed a box of crackers. Turing back towards the island, I grew dizzy again. Everyone was talking at the same time, and Kelley tried to answer their questions.

"Kelley." Karen said.

I grabbed the kitchen counter, trying to clear my vision.

"Kelley." Karen said again.

Taking deep breaths, I closed my eyes.

"Kelley!" Karen yelled, snapping the defender out of her haze. "You need to grab Emily, she's going to faint." Karen said, as Kelley turned around to look at me. I took one last blink, and then blacked out. I felt my body fall against Kelley's, and then yelling came.

What was wrong with me?

-Kelley-

"It was pre mature labor." Dr. Tess said. "With twins, they're usually born early. Emily has been up on her feet to much. She's being very physical, which can cause labor to come earlier."

"Will she be okay?" I asked, and Dr. Tess nodded.

"She might have some nausea and troubles breathing, but she'll be okay. Once she wakes up, we'll run some more tests and keep her here over night." Dr. Tess explained.

"Okay, thank you." I said, and she nodded.

Dr. Tess left Emily's hospital room, and left us alone. Sitting down beside Emily's bed, I took her hand.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice. I'm sorry that I didn't see you were in pan. I'm sorry." I said, and kissed her hand. Taking deep breaths, I bit my bottom lip.

"Alright, come on Mila, wake up."

---

So it's been a few hours, and she still hasn't woken up. Dr. Tess said it was normal, so I was trying not to worry. Currently I had my head rested on her chest, and my fingers interlocked with hers. Hearing a knock on the door, I lifted my head up. Alex and Tobin appeared, as I gave them small smiles.

"Hey." I rasped.

"Hey Kel, how is she?" Alex asked.

"Okay, I think. She just has to wake up." I said, and sighed.

"Do you want some food, coffee?" Tobin asked, and I slowly nodded. "Okay, I'll be back soon." The middy said, and exited the hospital room. Alex came and sat next to me, rubbing her hand on my back.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Fine." I mumbled. "Tired."

"Have you been sleeping very well?" She asked.

"Fine. I just get worried sleeping next to her, I don't want to hurt her or the babies by accidentally hitting her or pushing her. So I lay with her for a few hours, then go sleep on the couch, and return before she wakes up." I explained.

"How's Em?" Alex asked.

"She's okay. Dr. Tess said that she had pre mature labor. But the babies are okay and so is she, she just needs to wake up." I mumbled.

"She's strong, she'll wake up soon." Alex said, and I nodded.

"I hope you're right."

-Emily-

Peeling my eyes open, I took a raspy breath. I threw my hand out, and immediately felt it being grabbed by another. Trying to clear up my blurred vision, I saw Kelley. She gave me a small smile, as I coughed.

"Hey, you're okay. It's okay." She said, as I took a deep breath.

"What-happened?" I rasped.

"You went into pre mature labor. Dr. Tess said not to worry, but she does think that the twins will be here sooner then their due date." Kelley explained.

"They'll be okay though, right?" I asked, and she nodded.

"They'll be perfect." She said, and I smiled.

"Can-you get me some water?" I rasped, and coughed. Kelley nodded, and handed me a cup. She then helped me sit up, as I drank the water. Hearing a small knock on the door, I saw Alex and Tobin appear.

"Hey, you're awake." Tobin said, smiling at me. Alex took a relived sigh, and came to hug me. She bent down over me, as I latched my arms around her neck.

"You've got to stop scaring the shit out of me. You'll give me a heart attack Em." Alex whispered, as I laughed.

"Sorry, I don't try to give you heart attacks." I mumbled, and she laughed again.

"Hey, is it okay if we bring in the others?" Tobin asked.

"Others?" I questioned, as Kelley nodded. Tobin disappeared, and then reappeared with half of our team. Christen, Julie, Hope, Carli, Ash, Ali, Moe, and Kling all walked in.

"Em!"

"Baby Rush!"

"You're okay!"

Oh my god. Taking a deep breath, I put on a smile. They all surrounded my bed, as I glanced at Kelley. She raised her eyebrow, and motioned to the others. I simply shook my head, and then smiled again.

"Guys, one at a time." I said, as they were all still continuing to talk. It grew silent, as Hope spoke up.

"How are you, how are the twins?" Hope asked.

"I'm fine, and I think they're fine." I said.

"When are you expecting them now?" Christen asked.

"A few weeks." I said.

"That's great Em!" Carli said. I nodded, and bit my lip. Kelley quirked an eyebrow at me, as I took another raspy breath.

"Guys, Em needs some rest. Can we change visiting hours to tomorrow?" Kelley asked, and they all nodded.

"Feel better Em." They all said, and headed out of the room. Kelley came and sat down on my bed, and took my hand.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked, rubbing her thumb over my knuckles.

"The twins are coming in less then three weeks. What if I'm not ready. What if I'm a terrible mom?" I questioned.

"Hey, don't say that. You're going to be a great mom. You'll love the twins no matter what, you'll show them all the affection they can handle. You will never leave them, and you'll love them." Kelley said, and I took a deep breath.

"A lot of bad things happen to me. What if something happens to me, like it did to my mom?" I asked.

"I won't let anything happen to you, okay. I will protect you no matter what." She said, and I smiled at her.

"Promise?" I asked, and she nodded.

"I promise." She said. Giving Kelley a slow kiss, I smiled against her lips.

"I love you." I whispered, and pecked her lips.

"I love you too." She whispered back. "And I know the twins will love you."

"You think so?" I asked, and she nodded.

"I know so."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Goals By pretzee

Fanfiction

66.1K 1K 16
Tobin Heath saved Alex Morgan's life once. That was two years ago, and the two have been inseparable ever since. When a rumor strikes Diamond Bar Hig...
34.8K 707 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
173K 2.7K 41
Christen Press has had a rough couple of years and it has definitely taken a toll on her. When she arrives at her 5th school in two years, she is det...
155K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...