Unexpected - (a one direction...

By katreiff

"Dear Journal,"... 7 year old Kati is leaving everything behind. She doesn't know why. Almost 10 years later... More

Unexpected - (a one direction fanfic)
Chapter 1- goodbye and what?!
Chapter 2- really?
Chapter 3- off we go
Chapter 4 -a new beginning
not a chapter
Chapter Five- forever in my memories
Chapter 6- L.A. baby!
Chapter 7- here i come
Chapter 8- happy as can be
Chapter 9- love
Chapter 10- and we're off!
Chapter 11- today is pah-fect
Chapter 12- first day
Chapter 13- hello
Chapter 15- Uh-oh
Andy
Chapter 16- plans
Story...
Chapter 17- the world knows
Chapter 18- surprise, surprise
Chapter 19- friends all over
Chapter 20- down hill...
Chapter 21- moving on... sorta
Chapter 22- it's him
Chapter 23- Hanging out
Chapter 24- finding out
Chapter 25- just a dream
Authors note
Chapter 26- the last

Chapter 14- It's really love

37 2 1
By katreiff

********2 months later**********

***Tuesday, November 30th 2011. 8:00pm U.K. time***

Liam’s POV:

Three weeks away. Just three, until THE Riley Rex! I honestly can’t hold in my excitement anymore. I have been the mature one since the beginning so I guess I can freak out this time.

I walk in the kitchen and see  2 pieces of pizza left. Ugh! How rude? They didn’t wake me up for dinner? I grab a plate and walk over to the T.V. I turn on the news and begin to see ‘vas happenin’ ’ with the world. I hear the 4 rambunctious boys come charging through the door laughing with more food in their arms.

“Ah! The Liam Payne finally woke up! How was your”, Louis looks at his phone, “3 hour nap?”

“Fantastic, but I woke up to barely any dinner,” I say raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, yeah, sorry,” Niall says while looking at his feet. I jus laugh and shake my head. The boys got the kitchen and place the grocery bags down and plop down on the couch.

“Oh, and Liam, Danielle has been trying to call you,” Zayn says while watching the news.

"Oh hey look, new T.V. shows! Look, there's one called Sam and Cat!" Harry says. I turn the television off so harry can't enjoy it. "Hey! I wanted to see who the actresses are going to be! I completely ignore him and quickly jump up and run to my room to check my phone. I yank the charger out of the bottom and check my notifications. Twenty missed calls and 17 texts. I go to voicemail and to my luck, some are from my mom and sisters. I fumble with the keys as I text Danielle back.

Me: Hey babe. So sorry! I’ve been sleeping for about 3 hours and never heard my phone.

<3My lovely GF<3: It’s fine! Was just wondering, do you want to go to shopping with me tonight?

Me: Tonight? I’m sorry, but love, isn’t it closed?

<3My lovely GF<3: The mall doesn’t close until 10:30pm. I know u need a new outfit for Little Miss Riley Rex.

I laugh as read that text. She is not usually the jealous type, but she thinks Riley Rex, in her words, is a ‘skanky ass slut’. I mean I don’t really blame her because the outfits Riley wears are like the size of my pinky. So her bum and ‘mammaries’ are hanging out.

Me: Sure!

<3My lovely GF<3: Ok! Meet me there in about 10 minutes.

Me: Ok bye

<3My lovely GF<3: Byeeeeee

I throw my phone on my bed and run to my closet to find some clothes. The mall is about a 12-minute drive from my house so I got to hurry. I finally pull on a white V-neck t-shirt, black skinny jeans, high-tops, and my zip up red jacket. I run downstairs and grab the car keys.

“Lads, I’m going to meet up with Danielle. Be back in 2 hours!” I yell as I close the door.

I make it to the mall with 3 minutes to spare. I see her walk up to me looking gorgeous like usual. I smile and once she reaches me, I quickly intertwine our fingers. God, I love this girl.

***Tuesday, November 30th 2011. 1:00pm California time***

Kati’s POV:

Just finished up with another day of acting. Claire and I only have 2 weeks until the Ellen DeGeneres Show and we cannot wait! We’ve already picked out what we are going to wear. Yay!

“Hey so girls,” Mrs. Helm said which made us stop to turn around. “You guys have the next week off because we are ahead of schedule. Have fun!”

“Thank you,” Claire and I both said at once. We laugh and begin to talk again.

“So, are you gonna spend time with your family?” Claire asks me.

“Well, duh! But my dad has been going out with this girl. Her name is Jenny. She’s lovely.” I respond to her.

“Oh my god that’s fantastic! And I’m also gonna be seeing you a lot too!” I laugh.

“Of course we are. I mean we were even before Vanessa and Zach started going out” We both laugh and Claire nods.

"Ok, well see you tomorrow Kati.” I wave at her then hop in my car.

I pull up to my house and see another car in the driveway. I just shrug and walk to the front door. I unlock it and walk inside and her men yelling. It’s either a murderer or a friend Devin has made. I turn the corner and thank the lord it was not a murderer. It was just somebody Devin had over.

“Hey guys.” I say while putting my stuff down on the counter. Devin picks up the remote and pauses the T.V.

“Kati, we were in the middle of something.” He says sternly. I put my hands up as if saying ‘I surrender’.

“Well, sorry if I did.” I say then walk up the stairs. I hear Devin scoff and his friend laugh. God, what is up with him lately? He’s been short with me and treats me like shit. I just forget it ever happens and go onto my computer and log onto twitter.

I have gotten 457 new followers, 782 comments, and 4,964 messages. Wow. They never give me a break. It’s been like this for about 1 and a half months now. It’s fun. Everywhere I go, there’s at least 50 girls following me and asking for pictures or autographs. It kind of gets annoying but I at least I know people care.

I go to the messages and send each person a ‘hi’, ‘hello love’, ‘thanks’, ‘love you too’, or ‘:)’ just to let them know I see them. I pull up a new tweet.

Well, Devin is being another rude dumpling today. How is everyone?

I tweet that then almost immediatelyhave about 50 people respond. Some of the comments they left me made me smile.

I shut off my phone and go back downstairs. They boys eyes are still glued to the soccer match going on.I walk past them and almost made my way to the door until Devin stopped me. It is obvious he’s drunk.

“Devin, please move. I have to go.” I say pushing him. Darkness has taken over his beautiful blue sea eyes.

"Sweetheart, you ain’t going no where.” I cringe at his words. It sent chills running up and down my spine.

“Devin, f*ckin' move!” I yell with one last push. Before I knew it, I’m on the ground with tears running down my cheek. All of a sudden, I felt a stinging pain go to my cheek. He slapped me. My old loving boyfriend had just slapped me across the face. I hold my cheek, still lying on the ground. I heard Devin gasp.

“Oh my god, Kati, I’m so, so, so sorry! I don’t know what came over me, I just, I,” His eyes are blue again. He tried to help me up, but I pushed his hand away.

“Devin, let me go.” I say, now furious. He moved to the side and I walked out the door.

I pull up my messages and quickly make a group message for Zach, Ashley, and Ashton.

Me: I need u guys asap

Ashweeboo: sweetie… what happened?

Ashy: r u ok?

Za-za: kati? What’s wrong?

Me: I’ll explain when I c u. Meet me at the lodge café

The rest of them said ok. I grip the steering wheel tighter. Eventually, the tears had stop coming down and I didn’t have a headache.

I pull up to the lodge and see Ashley, Ashton, and Zach waiting for me. Before I get out, I check my cheek. It’s a little blue but more red. I take a deep breathe in and walk up to them. Not walk. Run. I run into Ashley’s arms.

We all walk to a table and I explain everything to them. From the rudeness of Devin, to the hitting scene that had just happened.

“Whoa, wait. He said sorry?” Ashton looked confused. I just nod.

“Oh sis, he was in a drunken state. At least talk to him. Ok?” Zach says while rubbing my back. I take one last deep breath before I spoke.

“Ok.” I nod and stand up. "I’m going back.” I check my phone and realize that we all have been talking for 4 hours. Before I almost am fully in the car, I have one last question.

“Oh ummm guys, where’s dad?” I ask. They all look at each other.

"He’s having dinner with Jenny and her son. And he also is asking her something.” She raises one eyebrow. I know what she means. I laugh and put on a big grin. I soon drive off towards my house to face Devin.

I walk up the front steps to the house. I walk in the door and slam it shut. I through my stuff on the counter and let out a sigh. The T.V. was off, no yelling, the place actually looks clean. I am about to grab the remote, but I see a note on it.

Go over to the light switch

I do as the note instructs me to and walk over to the bottom of the stairs. There is another note taped to it.

Go to the laundry room

I walk over the laundry room and find a third note.

Put on the outfit in the dryer.

I open the dryer and in it is a beautiful white with black polka-dot dress with some black heels. I grow a big smile on my lips. I head to the bathroom and change. I leave my hair and make-up the way it is. I don’t even bother to cover up the bruise on my cheek. {picture on my twitter: @zayngels63}

I am about to reach for the bathroom handle to leave but there’s a note on there.

Go to the bedroom

I walk up the stairs and into the bedroom. I walk in and look at the bed. There are candles and rose pedals everywhere. I can’t help but smile. In the middle of the bed, there’s a note.

Go out to the balcony

I wonder what’s up there. I go to open the door and as soon as I do, the sound of a guitar started to play. I look around and see candles, flowers, and a meal on the table. Out of nowhere, Devin appears with a guitar in his arms and a suit on. I can’t believe he did all of this for me. I look at the table and there was one last note.

Kati, I’m so sorry for what I have done. I’ve been shutting you out, not giving you what you need. I’m here for you now and I hope you know that. I love you. Xx-Devin

I start to tear up. I watch him set the guitar on the stand and before he could even look up, I have my arms wrapped round his neck. He then wraps his arms around my waist. He picks me up so my feet aren’t even touching the ground. I kiss him and then pull away, ready for food.

We talk and talk and talk. I haven’t really seen him all that much in the past 2 months so we just talk about everything. Anything. Once we finish eating, he picks me up bridal style and carries me to the bedroom. I never thought he could be so sweet and caring. We kiss and then things get real heated. Real fast. And over the whole time, I just keep thinking ‘I really love him.’

***Wednesday, December 1th 2011. 9:00am U.K. Time. Aka: Next day***

Liam’s POV:

I wake up to my phone ringing. Where am I? This isn’t my bedroom. My vision finally centered and I realized that I’m asleep on Danielle’s couch. I must’ve been really tired. I answer my phone.

My voice sounding very raspy, “Hello?” I ask.

“Ey, Liam. Where the hell are ya?” I here Zayn ask.

“Oh I’m ummm at Danielle’s” I say awkwardly, knowing that him and the boys will make a joke out of it.

“Oh mate, no knockin’ up girls before tour, eh?” He said with his Bradford accent coming out really thick.

“Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny. {note sarcasm} What do you want anyways?” I ask getting back to the point.

“Did you get us some outfits for the interview? We heard you were going shopping.” Louis says. Of course it was him.

“Yes Lou. I got you all something that I know you’ll like.” I lightly laugh as I said that.

“Ok good.” I can practically here him smile.

“Anyways, I’m heading back now. Be there in 5.” I hang up and leave Danielle a little note. I tape it to the fridge and head out the front door. I leave quietly and hopped in my car and drive back to where the boys are. They are so going to make a laugh for me staying at Danielle’s. This will be fun. {note sarcasm}

 ***********************************************************

A/N: Ok guuys! Heres chapter 14! I hope you all like it! The next chapter is fast forward to the Ellen Show! I hope you all like it:) please leave a comment to tell me what you think or any suggestions! and PICTURES OF EVERYTHING ON MY TWITTER! ITS @zayngels63 Love ya my lil' stud-muffins<3

Xx- Kat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 151 17
i wrote this 3 years ago so im sorry if u feel second hand embarassment while reading its a story abt 2 roommates falling in love
6.5K 484 13
[larry au] "I feel like I'm going to be sick." And that's when everything in his stomach is now on the damp ground, blood red sick dripping through h...
160K 2.4K 44
pretty self explanatory :) ~~~~ ~ all recognized characters are not owned by me and their actions in this book do not represent how they would/do act...
31.1K 951 31
*Book 1* Hi I'm Lisa and call me crazy but i have no idea who one direction is. I'm a 17 year old girl and I've never even seen One Direction. Unless...