Baseball Love

By CajunDreamer

"Hey! Wait a second." The unidentified guy said. "Um, hi?" I asked confused. Little did I know that this was... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Grace and Max - Ball Looks
Taylor and Mystery Guy - Ball Look
Emily and Jason - Ball Looks
Chapter 16 - Ball Pt. 1
Chapter 17 - Ball Pt. 2
Chapter 18 - Ball Pt. 3
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Bonus Chapter ~ Wedding Special
Bonus Chapter ~ Surprise!
Bonus Chapter ~ Head's Up!
Important Info! Don't want to miss!

Epilogue

4.5K 84 24
By CajunDreamer

Spring Break. It's a magical thing. Especially with all the stress of graduating from college soon. In case you're wondering, I decided to go to Louisiana State University. I'm currently working towards getting my bachelors degree in Music. Jason is also here, at LSU, getting his bachelors degree in Business Management. Taylor is at LSU: College of Art and Design. Ryder is at Southeastern, along with Max and Grace. He's getting his degree in Engineering. Max and Grace are getting both of their degrees in Education. Grace is going for Music Education while Max is going for High School Education: Mathematics. Believe it or not, he's a math genius.

As I'm relaxing on the sand, my phone starts ringing. "Hello?" I said without checking caller ID.

"Is this Ms. Emily Brooks?" A male voice said on the other side.

I furrow my eyebrows and prop myself up on my forearms, "This is she. May I ask who's speaking?"

"My name is Calvin David Brent." My mouth drops open when he says that.

"Calvin Brent? As is in Calvin David Brent? As in the producer from Calvin Records?"

He chuckled, "The one and only. I guess you've heard of me then?"

I take a deep breath to calm my heart, "Yes sir, I have."

"Great because I've heard of you too. Your music professor sent me a CD with a few of your songs on it and I loved it. Of course, I couldn't sign you right away without hearing more than a few songs. So, with the help from your professor, he has been secretly sending me recordings of you singing."

I cut him off, "Excuse me, sorry, what do you mean? What kind of songs? Which professor? What?"

"I asked him to send me some more recordings of you. That way I could get a better grasp on your vocal career. He's sent me everything from originals to covers. It was Professor Becke. He went on and on about how he believes you'll make it far in this career."

I smiled, of course it was Professor Nate. He's been there for me since the beginning. "That sounds like him." I laughed.

He laughed also, "Yes, well, I know you're on spring break with your friends right now so I'll make this quick."

Right when he says that, the girls sit next to me. I turn towards them and smile. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Max and Ryder racing to the ocean. I try not to laugh at them, since I'm on the phone. Soon after, legs are put around mine and someone sits behind me. I tip my head back and Jason leans forward to peck my lips. I smile at him and go back to the phone conversation. I lean back and rest the back of my head on Jason's stomach.

"I want you. I want you signed. I want you to be apart of Calvin Records." He says which makes me pop up into a sitting position.

"Wait, what?"

"I want you to be part of my team at Calvin Records."

"Are you serious? Is this a joke?" Everybody is now staring at me. Max and Ryder must have heard me shout and come over.

He laughed, "I assure you I am not joking. I am 100% serious."

"I, wow, I mean," I stutter, "Wow."

"Wow, indeed. So what do you say? Want to join the team?"

I jump to my feet, "Yes! Oh my god, yes!" I take a deep breath, "I mean, thank you so much, Mr. Brent."

Everyone glances at each other then turn back to me. Im trying really hard not to jump up and down and squeal. I'm kind of doing that fangirl jump thing.

"No, thank you. I'll have papers made up and sent to your address. If you'd like a lawyer to look at it first, feel free. If you'd like anything changed, let my management team know and it's done. One more thing, call me Calvin."

"Wow, okay, yeah." I look at the girls, hoping that they would catch on, "Thank you again, Mr. Calvin."

Their mouths drop and they look at each other before they jump to their feet also. They start doing the jump thing with me. The guys just look confused.

"I'll talk to you later. Now, go have fun. You're on Spring Break." He says before hanging up.

I bring my phone down from my ear. I look at the girls, "Did that really just happen?"

"We were going to ask you that." They both said. They grab my hands as we jump and squeal together. They pull me into a hug.

"What was that?" Max asks while Ryder raises an eyebrow.

"Who the hell is Calvin?" Jason asks.

"That was a phone call determining my future." I turn towards Jason, "As for who it is, that was, the one and only, Calvin Brent" I say with a huge grin.

He crosses his arms, "Yeah, still doesn't tell me the hell he is."

I smile when I finally realize he's jealous. Idiot boy, gets jealous over any male species that talks to me. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. "You don't have to be jealous." I grin.

He scoffs, "Please, I am so not jealous. Not even close."

My grin widens, "Sure you aren't." I roll my eyes, "But y'know, if you were, you don't have to be jealous of me getting a job offer." 

He looks at me with furrowed eyebrows as Max and Ryder burst out laughing. "Dude, Calvin Brent. Owner/Producer of Calvin Records. How do you not know about him?"

"Shut up! Wait, Job offer? Calvin Records? Are you saying that he just offered you a job?" Jason looks at me.

I nodded excitedly at him while biting my lip, "He's mailing papers to the apartment. I'm getting signed at Calvin Records."

Jason grins before slamming his lips to mine. I kiss him back immediately. We hear hoots and hollers from our friends. That's when we pull away. I smile at my friends as they grin at me. Jason pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around his abdomen.

Life couldn't be any better in this moment.

~~~

"So, where are y'all going on the date that is, might I say, ruining our spring break plans?" Grace asks me going through my clothes. 

"He said dinner. I don't know if there is anything else though." I told her before there was a knock on the door.

Taylor opens it to reveal a box on the ground. She picks it up before closing the door with her foot. She grabs the note taped to the top and reads it out loud, "Wear this tonight. XOXO - Jason"

She looks at me and hands me the box before sitting on the bed. I open it and see a new pair of Nike sweats and a tank top that says, "YOU GO GLEN COCO" on it. I smile at the memory of our first date.

"Lounge clothes? He gave you lounge clothes as a gift? Who the hell helped in planning this?" Taylor says.

"It's okay." I laugh, "I love it." I hurry up and change into my new lounge clothes. I look in the mirror and smile. 

"Found them!" Grace says right before she throws my slippers at me. I slip my black UGG's on and take my hair down. It's slightly wavy from being put in a wet bun but it looks good. I run my fingers through my hair and grab my phone. I'm going through my Instagram feed when another knock comes to the door.

I open it to reveal a smiling Jason, "Yes?" I ask after I look at what he's wearing. He has his own pair of Nike sweats and a shirt that says, "You Can't Sit With Us" on it. My mouth twitches upwards but I fight off the smile.

He grins at me, "Are you ready for our date?"

"I am if you are." I put my hand behind my back as Taylor secretly places my phone into it.

He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room. I slam into his chest before he lifts my chin to look at him. He leans in and captures my lips with his. We make out for about 5 minutes before he pulls away. He smiles down at me before grabbing my hand again. We walk down the hall and to his room. With a small smile, I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Not what you're thinking, dirty mind." He says making me laugh.

"Why are you laughing at yourself?" He chuckles.

Shaking my head, "No, it's just deja-vu moment. This happened on our first date, too. Just a little differently." He smiles when he realizes I'm right.

He smirks, "Close your eyes." I smile at him.

"Why?"

"Just trust me. Close your eyes." He says with a huge grin.

I close my eyes as he opens his door and pulls me inside. "Okay, open."

I open my eyes to see a fort. It has lights hanging from the sheet and a bunch of pillows and blankets inside. I turn and jump into his arms. "I love you so much!" I pull away to kiss him.

He pulls away from the kiss, "I love you so much, too." He sets me down and we sit inside the fort. I noticed him pull out two things from his side: his laptop and a box of pizza. I smile at him and hold in the tears. "First date vibes, right?" I giggle and nod. "Can you guess what movie we're going to be watching?"

My eyes widen as I look at our shirts and the recreation of our first date. "Mean Girls?" He nodded before leaning in.

I put my hand up to his chest and leaned back, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" He glared playfully causing me to burst into a giggle fit. He grabbed my face and kissed my lips. I kiss him back right away and his right hand rest on my waist since his left is holding him up. I tangle my fingers in his hair and we continue kissing. His right hand goes up my shirt and he grabs the side of my stomach. I grab the hem of his shirt and pull it upwards. He pulls away to take it off but his lips are back on mine in a second. I know our friends are in the same house but we haven't had alone time in a few months. We've both been so busy with school and group projects. He starts pulling at the hem of my shirt and I let him take it off. He starts kissing my neck and next thing I know he's giving me a love bite. Great.

Once he finishes, he pecks my lips one more time. "I could do that all night but it took forever to plan this date."

"How? It's almost exactly the same as our first date."

"But this date is more special than our first date." He says.

"Oh really? How?" I cross my arms.

He grins, "Secret."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever, when can we have pizza?"

The grin disappears and he swallows nervously, "Right here, one sec." He grabs the pizza box with one hand and his other hand is behind his back.

I take the box from him and set it in front of me. I open the box and smell the cheesy goodness. I grab a slice and go to close the box but I see something that makes me freeze.

'Marry Me?' is written on the inside part of the lid. I look at Jason and I throw the pizza back into the box. I put my hands over my mouth at the sight before me.

Jason is on one knee looking as nervous as I feel. 

He gulps, "Emily, I have known you since we were 18 years old, even thought it feels like longer. The first time I saw you at the ballpark, I fell in love with you. I fell in love with you when we first talked. I fell in love with you when you saw me fall and laughed. I fell in love with you when you ran into me, literally, at Joey's. I fell in love with you when you sang 'Hello' with Max and I. I fell in love with you when I saw how you treat Emmett. One can only imagine how you treated Evan also. I fell in love when you ran down the stairs at the ball. I fell in love at open mic night when you sang and again when you said yes to being my girlfriend. I fell in love with you when you instantly hit it off with my parents." He smiled and licked his lips. "I've fallen even more in love with you every day since then." He takes a deep breath and pulls out a velvet box from his back pocket. The tears I was holding in, remember those? Yeah, they've fallen now and they won't stop. "Emily Amanda Brooks, will you please marry me?"

He opens the box to reveal the prettiest ring I've ever seen. 

I throw my arms around his neck and kiss him all over his face, "Yes! Yes, of course. I love you so much! Why wouldn't I want to marry you, you dummy?"

He chuckles before hugging me and pushing me away enough to put the ring on my finger. I straighten it before looking at him and putting my hands on his cheeks. I smile at him and we both lean in.

"I love you so much, too." He says before kissing me again.

-------------------------------------------

This is it. This is the last chapter.

I don't know how I feel about this. I don't think I was ready for it to end.

I'll be posting something Sunday about Bonus Chapters and also about the thing I told you about. The surprise!

I hope you all enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Thank you all so much! I love each and every one of you!

Comment, Vote, Share, and Follow.

CD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 9.8K 48
"'Bye.' I say after Edwin's kiss. He gives me a small smile that honestly looks more like a grimace. It makes me a little uncomfortable having him ki...
528K 13.4K 31
Avery Alderidge has it all: a sweet boyfriend, tons of great friends, a loving family. She's fierce and popular, and has just started at her first-ch...
35.3K 1.9K 29
"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." ...
405K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...