Fate Smiles on My Alpha (Book...

By JosephineCastillo-Nu

Just when he thought he had the most out of his life - a career as a doctor and alpha lupus to a strong pack... More

Fate Smiles on My Alpha
Chapter 1- New Beginnings
Chapter 2 -Fight for your Life
Chapter 3 -To Know You is to Love You
Chapter 4 - Wide Awake
Chapter 5 - Three for the Love of One
Chapter 6 - Homeward Bound
Chapter 7 - The Lake House
Chapter 8 - Missing Piece
Chapter 9 - Visitors
Chapter 10 - Complications
Chapter 11 -Meet the Folks
Chapter 12 - The Nύptíís
Chapter 13 - Wedded Bliss
Chapter 14 - Amazing Discoveries
Chapter 15 - Surprises and Contradictions
Chapter 16 - Imperiled
Chapter 17 - First Heat
Chapter 18 - Whore's Dust
Chapter 19 - A Glimpse of Red
Chapter 21 - One Tough Cookie
Chapter 22 - Unexpected Progress
Chapter 23 - Precipice
Chapter 24 - Go Into the Light
Chapter 25 - Kiss and Make Up
Chapter 26 - Real Issues
Chapter 27 - Rewind
Chapter 28 - Control and Surrender
Chapter 29 - Taken
Chapter 30 - It is Done
Chapter 31 - Aftermath
Chapter 32 - Afterglow
Chapter 33 - Second Chances
Chapter 34 - Natalis
Epilogue

Chapter 20 - Real and Normal

23K 552 26
By JosephineCastillo-Nu

CHAPTER TWENTY: 

Queran was almost over the heat.  The feel of a burning sensation down her intimates were already waning but it didn’t mean that Keegan was sated enough to let her be.  Dawn was again breaking and as Keegan spooned her, she gasped at the invasion as he pushed his length into her and sliding seductively into her damp core.  She was now slowly getting used to the sweet way he wakes her up in the mornings.  The feel of him inside her filled her, cocooned in the security of his love.  He lifted her thigh and rested it on his hip.  She was open to him as he slid his hands in front and palmed her.  He switched into flicking her clit and rubbed circles on it.  The smell of her arousal was like the smell of the morning dew on the early hours of daybreak.  His other arm wrapped around her and cupped her tender breast.  Keegan was taking no prisoners.  His hands were busy and so was his mouth as he bit on her shoulder.  She shuddered in excitement and can only dig her nails to his bicep.  She hissed alternatively with open mouthed gasps.  She was going to explode any minute and her fevered moans excited him that he increased his pace and whispered erotically into her ears.  No words had to be exchanged, just the joining of their bodies basking in the intimate dance of love and worship.  Keegan felt her quim squeeze and he found her lips as she screamed her release into his mouth.  He gave and he took with everything that is in him.  He grunted in sheer pleasure as he ejaculated.

Coming down from the high, Keegan stayed connected to her.  They were going to begin with the normalcy of their routine and take their rightful places and assume their active roles in the pack.  It was good while it lasted.  The past several weeks were the best he has ever experienced in his life.  He was reluctant to leave this bubble.  Hell he would put everything down, leave the responsibility of managing the pack hospital to Dan and take a leave of absence and get his dad to take over for awhile.  He wanted, no needed to enjoy his mate for a little while longer.  Heck he waited for years, what were a few months to have her all for himself.  But no.   His mate, like the responsible Luna that she is would not have it.  He was given an ultimatum to get back to his patients as she would survey the various groups in the pack and see where she can best contribute.  He never believed in pack hierarchy except for the enforcers and fighters.  Men, women and children, young and old were treated fairly and were respected.  That is why Crimson Hollow encompasses a wide scope of membership.  The only known threat to the peace was the presence of rogues and the venators.  The Venators were equivalent to hunters and they were the worst because they thought of ‘weres’ as the evil spawn of society.  The territory was well barricaded from impending attacks from these miscreants.  It had been decades since the last war against the venators and Arcadia was living in harmony since.  He felt his Queran stir into wakefulness but not until she pushed her bum against him, sinking him further.  He dug his face in her neck and gave her an open mouthed kiss.

“Hi baby!”  He breathed against her soft skin.

“Hi yourself.  Oh, I could get used to waking up like this.  Your bed skills are monumental and I turn to mush.  Do you always have this effect on women?” 

Her question ticked him off so he pulled out and shifted.  He pushed her on her back and hovered over her, gritting his teeth.

“Careful.  I am only like this with you, baby.  There will be no one else I would ever do this to, but you.  I admit I had my share of women but they were all just sex, a meeting of bodies and exchanged of fluids.  Nothing like the soul searing experience I have every single time I am deep inside you, baby.  There is only you.”

Queran gave him a sexy smile and gulped.  “I know.  And I’m sorry.  I don’t know where that came from.  I think I am being jealous at all the nurses and female doctors or even patients who get to see you during most part of the day.”

“I can stay here with you.  We can travel somewhere, anywhere you like.  I can take a leave of absence and…”  He bit the hand that silenced his lips.

“I cannot be that selfish, B.  WE, should not be that selfish.  Sure I would love to have you around but there are people out there who need us.  Don’t you think?”

Keegan sighed deeply as he rested his forehead on her cleavage.  “I guess you’re right.  It’s just that I only wish we could have more time for each other.  I have waited years for you babe.”

“I will always be here when you get home, B.  I’m not going anywhere.  Well, besides going to the pack house that is.”  She pursed her lip and blew on a stray hair that fell on her eye.  Keegan tucked her hair behind her ear and kissed her deeply.  She reluctantly broke the kiss. 

“Now, help me up so I can make you breakfast or you’ll be late for work.  Go get your shower and I’ll meet you downstairs.”

 She started to push him gently to get up when Keegan grabbed both her wrists and pinned them on top of her head.  She was wide eyed in confusion.  “What?”

“I Love You, baby.  I just want you to know that.” 

“I know and I love you more.  Now get up you insatiable brute.”  She joked.  Keegan dragged her out of the bed and carried her caveman style towards the bathroom.

“Only with you baby, only with you. Shower with me.”

“Argh, you fiend, put me down.  If I shower with you, you know what is going to happen.  I am no longer in heat, B.”  She protested.

“I know and I dread the loss.  But it still doesn’t change the fact that I am hot for you.  Always.”    Then he swatted her rear for emphasis.

Queran stared at his mate sitting across from her as she sipped her latte.  They just consumed a hearty breakfast of bacon, eggs and slices of French toast.  He was still eye fucking her after 2 bouts of lovemaking.  She blushed at the remembrance of it.

“Will you stop eye fucking me, B.  You. Are. Going. To be. Late!”  Her jaw was too tired to speak so she chastised him through the mind link.

Keegan spurted his coffee in surprise.  “Language, my sweet.  I hate the term fuck because with you is always making love.”

“Stop with all this bedroom talk.  You have work to go to and I need to sort things out in the pack house.  I swear I could already be pregnant with the way we have been going at it.  Seriously, give me a break, B and focus on the work at hand. Okay?”  She waved her hand in front of his stunned face.

“What is it now, B?”  Keegan took her hand and kissed her palm.  He got up from his seat and kneeled in front of her, his palm to her belly.

“Nothing.  For awhile there I was thinking of that very possibility.  There is nothing I want more than to see you heavy with my pup.”  He kissed her tummy as she stroked his hair lovingly.

“Same here, B.”

“Just take it easy today baby.  John and Tanner will escort you to the pack house later.  I don’t want you stressing yourself much.  You hear?  I’ll be home by 9 tonight.  Call me if you need anything.  And I mean ANY THING.”

“I will, B.  Now go on.”  She pulled his head to give him a kiss goodbye.

*****

 Queran was now done with the laundry and the cleaning.  She changed into knee-torn jeans and a lady’s tee.  She ran down the stairs as she heard footsteps near the main entrance. That must be Tanner and John fetching her.  She reached the door and peeped into the hole confirming her hunch.  Tanner stood in a casual brown cargo pants and T-shirt as John kept watch near the car.

 “Hey Tanner!  So you’ll be babysitting me to today, is that correct?”  She teased.  Tanner ran his hand through his hair and smirked.  Planting his other hand in his pocket he smiled at his Luna. 

Yes he was over her.  Several weeks back he couldn’t stand being near her.  He almost, almost thought he was in love with her.  He managed to crush his infatuation with the beautiful lady in front of him.  He always thought of her as a ray of sunshine.  Her smiling eyes have the capacity to disarm any man and he would be putty in her hands.  But the depth of his admiration was now transformed to an enormous sense of respect for this woman.  Somehow, his emotions and his attentions were diverted into visions of a captivating red wolf.  He itched to find her and hold her, claim her and love her.  He has found his elusive mate.  He kept coming back to that very spot along the Stagnos, waiting for her to make an appearance.  He tried to wrack his brain for reasons why she ran away from him.  Just a look into those meaningful sable eyes he caught on the sadness.  He vowed that the next time she makes an appearance, he would not waste any moment and claim her.

“Earth to Tanner Corbin.  What is it that gets men zoning out on me today?”  She asked.

“Huh?  Who has been zoning out on you?”

“You and Keegan of course.  Duh?!  What the heck happened with you?  You had that far away look just now?  Are you alright?”

“I’m good, Queran.  Are you ready to go?”

“Ready when you are.  Sure you’re okay?  ‘Coz you can always talk to me about anything.  You know that right?”

Tanner nodded and held her elbow to escort her to the waiting car.

The drive was short and Queran had a niggling feeling that Tanner was not himself today.  They were walking side by side towards the building.  He seemed totally distracted but she didn’t want to push.  She gazed at his profile.  Man, he looked tired.  Does the man ever sleep?  She cleared her throat and broke the silence.

“I would like to go over the pack accounts with Caitlin and Elijah today.  I could probably work in Keegan’s study.  I will make the rounds with you late this afternoon if that is alright with you?”  Tanner just kept on nodding absently at her for every quip and query.  She has had enough.  He grabbed his arm to stop him.

“TANNER!  Will you talk to me?  What the hell is bothering you?   Tell me damn it!”

Tanner walked away from her and paced.  He was kicking imaginary stones as Queran patiently waited for an answer.  He stopped and looked at her sheepishly.  He had to tell someone and much as he wanted Keegan to know first, he realized asking a woman would help him understand what goes on in the female mind.  He gestured towards the patio swing and Queran followed.  They sat in comfortable silence but Queran was already edgy.  She offered him the help she felt he needed at this time.  She had always been good in reading body language, and she was almost sure there was something that Tanner needed to get off his chest.  She cupped his hand that was balling into a fist that turned his knuckle white.  He looked at their joined hands and his gaze panned to her face etched with concern.  He lifted her hand and innocently kissed her knuckle.  There were no more sparks, he found.  It was enough to confirm that he may have fallen for real this time to a woman he has yet to pin down and possess as his true mate.

“I found her, Queran.”  He spoke softly. 

Queran squeezed his hand and beamed at his confession.  Her eyes brightened with glee until her face broke into a full on smile.  She squealed and threw her arms around his neck.  He laughed at her girly scream and his face almost split at the sight of her happiness.  He blushed and slowly let her go.

“Oooh sorry.  I got carried away.  When? Where? Who?  Can I meet her?  I can’t wait to tell Keegan.  No you tell him.  No, but I want to be there when you do so.  Och, this is so fabulous!  Gaahh.  I am so friggin’ happy for you Tanner.  See!  I told you it was going to happen.”

“Whoa, slow the hell down, Luna.  I will tell Keegan eventually.  In fact I wanted him to know first but damn your eyes woman I can’t seem to say no to you.”

“Sorry.  I am just so happy Tanner.  So where is she?”

“She… err.  She ran away from me?”  He blurted.

Queran stood abruptly that the swing shook and Tanner fell back on the back rest.  “Ah shit!  What the hell Queran?”

“She WHAT?!!  Why would she do that?”

“I also don’t know.  I have been trying to figure that out too and I have the panda eyes to prove it. I have only seen her in her wolf form.  I was out on patrol and in my exhaustion I fell asleep on the grassy embankment down the lake.  I sensed an attack from a rogue and she just flew past me and went straight to the rogue’s jugular.  She killed the she wolf Queran.  She saved me and when I drew near to touch her fur she sprinted.   I gave chase and she just freaking disappeared.”

“What do you mean she disappeared?  She would be too huge in wolf form to just disappear.”  Queran gestured in air quotes.

“She vanished; Queran and I can’t find her anywhere. I kept coming back to the same spot where I saw her hoping to get another glimpse.  I am going crazy here and she is being elusive for whatever reason it escapes me.”  Tanner now stood and started to pace in front of her.

“Hey, I am going to help you find her, okay.  We can go for a run later and…”

“Hell no!! Keegan is going to have my head if he finds out we delved deeper into the territory.  I’ll find her at all cost.” 

“O-K.  If you’re sure about it.  But I will be here for you in case you need anything.  Tell me, you hear?  I need you to promise me that.”

Tanner nodded and hugged her.  “Thanks, Luna. It’s nice to know I have you to turn to.” 

Then he kissed her cheek and grabbed her hand.  “Now, get to work, Luna!”

Queran playfully punched his arm and the echoes of their laughter filled the atmosphere and resonated against the tree where Bryleigh Sanson guised as a squirrel, sat completely baffled and green with envy.

Please spare a Vote and a Comment.  Thank you for reading.  Till next update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 457 14
True love. Mates. The very backbone of the werewolf species. But what happens when your Alpha mate rejects you? --------- Eden Cross is a Beta wo...
240K 5.2K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
5.3M 143K 80
I was walking down the hallway when all of the Sudden I feel a hand grab me and pull me into a janitors closet . I let out a scream , not knowing w...
146K 7.7K 41
• Completed • • Highest Ranking #2 Paranormal October 2020 • • Highest Ranking #4 Romance October 2020 • • Highest Ranking #1 Matebond April 2021...