Gods of Malcea ✔️

By -S-N-O-

In the land of gods and monsters, humans plagued Malcea with their wars. Their love for treasure, pleasure, a... More

M A P
P A R T: S U N
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
P A R T: F I R E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
P A R T: M O O N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
P A R T: W A T E R
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
T H I R T Y - F O U R
T H I R T Y - F I V E
T H I R T Y - S I X
T H I R T Y - S E V E N
P A R T: S T A R S
T H I R T Y - E I G H T
T H I R T Y - N I N E
F O R T Y
F O R T Y - O N E
F O R T Y - T W O
F O R T Y - T H R E E
F O R T Y - F O U R
F O R T Y - F I V E
F O R T Y - S I X
F O R T Y - S E V E N
F O R T Y - E I G H T
F O R T Y - N I N E
F I F T Y
F I F T Y - O N E
F I F T Y - T W O
E X T R A: 1
E X T R A: 2
E X T R A: 3
E X T R A: 4

T W E N T Y - N I N E

4.4K 332 81
By -S-N-O-

"The human heart has hidden treasures, In secret kept, in silence sealed; The thoughts, the hopes, the dreams, the pleasures, whose charms were broken if revealed."

-Xamdú

_______________

Karos looked at Ake's sleeping face one last time before turning away. He had fine features with a complexion that made him look all the more striking and beautiful. Ever since he had first met him, he thought of him as such. His beauty was endless, the kind of beauty that goes beyond the skin. 

He did not want to leave. No, not after all he had been through to get here, but he was without another choice. There was a war below he had to suffer through. Once it was all over, he wanted to be back in his arms, in his heated embraces. As soon as he turned to leave, he felt loose arms wrapping around his waist. 

"Karos." His voice was thick with sleep.

"The sun is in the sky. I must leave." He felt as Ake pressed his forehead to the small of his back, still keeping his arms tight across him.

"I know," he mumbled, his lips lingering on his back.

 Karos turned around to face him. His eyes were still heavy, barely opening. He knew this would be as hard on him as it would be to Ake. That is why he did not want to wake him. 

"You thought to leave without waking me." Ake stared into his eyes.

"Ake..." he mumbled but Ake went on and shook his head. 

"I will not ask the impossible from you as you cannot ask it of me." 

Karos bent down, his eyes fixated on his lips. 

"So just ki—"

Karos covered his lips with his own. His head had tilted as Ake pressed deeper. His arms wrapped around Karos' neck bringing him down further until he was almost back on the bed. He seemed to melt into him with hesitation. He only sank deeper through the seconds. As he pulled away he gazed into Ake's slit eyes, feeling as if his heart was pounding out of his chest. 

"I treasure you," Karos sighed through his breathlessness, "so do not become involved with this because of me." 

He saw as Ake's eyebrows furrowed and his arms went limp around his neck. Ake's lips pursed and he did not bother to meet his eyes. 

"Do not. I care far too much for you."

"As I do you—"

"Ake, do not." 

Ake's lips pursed again. Soon, he let go of him as his eyes had gone to the corners of his room. 

"Very well then...If this is what you desire..." he muttered causing Karos to peck his lips before smiling.

"This will be temporary. As soon as this is all over...I will be back in your arms."  Karos kept his hand at his cheek. It only made Ake sigh out and press his hand closer. He went on and kissed the palm of it before Fariel had walked into the room. 

Karos watched as Ake stared at Fariel and Fariel stared back at him. Ake's eyes soon turned into a glower which made Fariel's lips twitch. There was something about the two of them Karos was having a hard time piecing together. He had never asked Ake on it. There was never any time.

"Karos. We must be heading back now. We have many things to do and so little time." 

His eyes went back to Ake, however, Ake only turned around and put the covers over his head. He wanted to say something. He wanted to bring him some kind of solace, but the words would not come. They stayed stuck in his throat. Ake continued to curl into himself as his gaze lingered. He would be  upset no matter what he said.

Fariel opened up the door and Karos left out the room with some regret and hesitation. His heart was heavy, but he has to do what must be done as Ake has to do here. He was a burden here, a very weak point to him, Karos knew. They would exploit it until he would give in to them and Karos did not want to become his Achilles heel. 

As soon as Karos' head rose, Analia's face stood in front of him. He moved his head away as she leaned in close as if to inspect him. 

"Your neck is littered with bites," Analia teased causing Karos' face to flush. 

"Good Gods, so you are into men after all, hm?" 

"Enough, Analia."

"And what about you, Fariel? Are you not littered with secrets?" Her black hair was sprawled across her face highlighting her girlish features. Never did she like to wear it down, for fear of seeming too feminine. 

"Ah, Analia, why must you try to bicker so early in the day? Do you not want to speak on more pressing matters such as the Gwasas and griffins ready to tear you limb from limb?" 

She returned his smirk with a smile of her own. 

"With you, I feel safe. It seems as if you know all that needs to be known already." 

Karos looked around and saw as Bash lagged behind. His head was down. As he looked up, he saw his eyes were filled with fear and worry. What had happened between the three of them, he wondered. Just being gone from their presence for a few hours, made him become so ignorant of the matters stemming from his group. 

"Enough with all of this," Karos interjected. "We must leave and we must be one in this."  He grabbed onto Bash's arm and tugged him further up to the group. Karos continued ahead along with Bash. He took one last look at the bickering fools before moving farther ahead of them.

"What is it, Bash?"

His auburn hair swept across his face as he shook his head.

"Tell me."

"I cannot," he whispered.

His grip tightened on his arm causing Bash's eyes to widen. 

"What is it? You must tell me. I will not have you ill at ease as we are nearing home."

"S-s-some things are better left unknown. You will sleep better that way," Bash stuttered.

"Does it have to do with Ake? You must tell me if so," Karos watched as his eyes lowered back to the ground. 

"A king does not lower his eyes. A king does not bow his head to others, Bash. A king looks straight ahead with confidence and bravery even if he feels lost and afraid." 

"I do not want to go back down there," Bash finally said as he shook. 

"As I do not. Do you think any of us is unafraid as of now?" Karos picked Bash's head up making him look at him. "We are. We all are, and deathly so. We just keep it buried and hidden deep down, never giving rise to it."

They exited the palace and was swarmed with fields of blossomed flowers. The warm air felt good against his cheeks as the sun's rays pressed down against his skin. It reminded him somewhat of Ake's burning touches and gazes. He knew he would not be without him for long. The very sun served as a constant reminder. 

"You... are not coming with us," Karos said, "You never were."

"Karos—"

"In exchange for you, they are giving us one of their own as an advisor."

Karos knew Bash's eyes were welling with tears. He had truly been so afraid. As his older brother, he would never allow for a thing to happen to him.

"As much as I detest you at times, you are the last of my family as I am yours. I wish for nothing but your safety." 

Bash grabbed onto his arm before he could walk any further shaking his head. 

"Then if I am to stay here you must know of something."

As he was about to go on, someone approached Karos.

His eyes widened at the blonde-haired dragon dressed in the lightest of blues. The dragon gave a slight nod of his head, his blue eyes lingering on him as if to assess his worth and value. After a couple seconds, he pursed his lips and gave him a smile.

"I am Rakkaus. I will be your advisor." His voice was thick and heavy with an Eunarian accent. Still, his Ganish was impeccable. 

"I am—"

"I know who you are," he said curtly causing Karos' eyes to narrow. 

His earring dangled as he turned his head. 

"I am already acquainted with Fariel. Who are you?" Rakkaus' eyes landed on Analia. 

"Analia, just another human." She walked closer to Karos. "And you?"

"Another dragon, I suppose." 

Karos looked at Fariel as he saw his finger pressed to his lips. 

"Before we go below, let me make some things clear to you all. The Gods have played these games for eons. They are not above as you like to think. They are the very people you deem as human. You see, think of how much 'fun' it would be to just watch everything from above."

Karos' eyes lowered in thought.

"War is a game to them and we are merely their pieces. You may not like to believe it, but your every action is influenced by them. In order to win at this game of theirs, you mustn't play by their rules. Play by your own." 

"And what rules are those?" Analia muttered.

Rakkaus could only laugh at the question. 

"Do not ask such stupid questions." 

"It is a question, nonetheless," Analia hissed. 

"I am sure Malice wanted Karos to kill Ake as Mercy wanted Ake to kill Karos. Yet, Miracles made it whereas it was not so and embedded Ake's gem into him, so he could not without killing himself." 

Karos closed his eyes. 

"Does that answer your question?" Rakkaus stared at Analia as she shook her head. 

As he opened them again, he saw as Rakkaus' glaring eyes was set upon him. He had never met the dragon, but it was quite clear to him that he loathed him. For what reasons, he did not know. They were not important. He was their advisor whether either of them liked it. He would make do with it. 

"So may I ask you one stupid question?" 

Karos looked at him before nodding.

"Why are you doing this?" 

He pursed his lips. Soon, they parted as he sighed. 

"To be free." 

__________________________

[A/N]

I have so many things to talk with you guys about! 

First:

Rakkaus as an advisor and Fariel with his secrets, I don't know which one's worse. :3 

SO, I have a question for you guys I've been wondering about. What do you think Karos and Ake looks like? 

Second:

This story will be FEATURED as soon as it is completed!! Thank you guys for all the love and support you have given this story. I really do appreciate it! If I could hug you all I would! 

❤️Comment down below as always. You know I love talking with you all! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114 9 6
-"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑎 𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑜𝑛.." -"𝑌𝑒𝑠..." -"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑘.." -"𝑌𝑒𝑠..." Dragons are seen as glorious beasts. But what's more brilliant is...
478K 32.9K 90
Mouths lie, but blood does not. Ari confronts this profound truth as a holy war between humans and demons erupt. Amidst the chaos, Ari is faced with...
85K 6.3K 33
Amazing Cover by ONYXVIXEN They say hell hath no fury like a woman scored Well that has always been truth Except the scorned ignited a war that sh...
3.4K 272 16
Ari struggles with his identity amid the aftermath of chaos that befell humanity three hundred years ago. Trust eludes him, and isolation is his shie...