𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 [ˢᵘᵖᵉʳⁿᵃᵗᵘʳᵃˡ]✔

By SOLANAQUEEN

"Teach me how to fight I'll show you how to win. You're my mortal flaw And I'm your fatal sin." (fem oc x sam... More

playlist.
cast
prologue.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
70k reads!!!
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty - two.
chapter twenty - three
chapter twenty - four
chapter twenty - five
chapter twenty - six
chapter twenty - seven
epilogue.
main account
80k reads + The Wattys

chapter three.

11.6K 326 63
By SOLANAQUEEN

Monica didn't know whether Dean wanted to slap her or shoot her. He paced up and down impatiently as Bobby was silently looking through books. She had tried to tell Dean the night before about Sam's disappearance but he had gone out to get supplies.

They had woken up to Dean making a noise as he searched the entire house and surroundings for Sam. He had gone to get him breakfast when he found out Sam had gone. Now Dean had taken to scrolling through Sam's online activity and phone records as she stood awkwardly.

"Dean...can I do anything to help?," she asked. His jaw tightened in anger. It had been awful, the way he had shouted at her until Bobby had intervened and took him outside.
"You've done enough," he retorted. Bobby looked up tensely. Monica wanted to say something but kept quiet. Monica sat down, but as soon as she had, she was taken by another vision.

"Lilith is the only one who can break the last seal," a dark haired woman said. They were in a motel, her and Sam.
"Then I'll kill her," Sam said. The room went hazy and when her vision cleared she could see carnage everywhere; broken glass and droplets of blood.
"You walk out of that door and I never want to see you again!," Dean said, beaten and on the floor. She couldn't move as Sam left with the demon girl.

"Monica? What do you see?," Dean asked shaking her slightly. She blinked quickly  and looked up at him. She concentrated,  remembering the details.
"Leighton Springs Motel....he's there," she said faintly. Dean nodded and left silently to look for a map. Her hands massaged her temples as she breathed. It felt like she hadn't slept in years.

"Does it...?" Bobby asked, not sure what to ask. She looked up to look at the old man. He looked genuinely concerned as he sat next to her.
"All the time, like a dull migraine. But I'm fine, we still need to find Sam," she said getting up. Immediately she early fell back, if Bobby hadn't caught her. He guided her back to the couch and held her face upwards.

"How many hours of sleep have you had?" he said, slightly rough but still concerned. Monica sat back, fatigue now taking it's place.

"A couple of hours, um....since October," she said reluctantly. He shook his head as Dean came back into the room, her bag in his arms.
"You ready to go?" he said. Before she could answer Bobby got up.
"You go on ahead, Dean. The girl's worn out. She can barely carry herself on her own two feet," Bobby said. Dean paused and stared at her. She looked up tiredly at those bright eyes before a yawn escaped her lips.

"It's okay I'm-" she started. Dean shook his head, adamantly.
"You should take her home. I found this address on your phone," he said handing a piece of paper to Bobby. Dean looked at her for a while longer before leaving, slamming the front door behind him. She got up and made her way to the door.

"Wait!" she called. He stopped and cam back up the steps, concern on his face.
"Did you see something else?" he asked. She shook her head before wrapping her arms around him. He stumbled back slightly before hugging her back.

"Thank you," she said softly into his neck. He smiled and let go, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.
"Stay  safe, brat" he teased. She lightly slapped his arm but she couldn't quite smile; not when she knew what would happen between him and Sam.

"See you around, jerk" she said as he hoped into his car. The car started but Dean paused before getting out again.
"In case we don't see each other again he said before kissing her on the cheek. He smirked as her face went red and finally left.
"Ready to go," Bobby said. She turned to see him holding her bag and coat. She nodded and slowly got down the porch steps to Bobby's truck.

"Whose address are you taking me to?" she asked as they raced down the highway. They had been driving for about two hours now. 

"Dean said the boy had called you when you were out. Someone called Robbie Davis," Bobby replied. Monica sat up, her little brother had called her. The last time she had heard from him was the night she had had enough, the night she left.

Her parents had found her just sitting in a bath full of water, fully clothed. They had told her was just muttering words about seals and men called Dean. It had been the first time she had heard of him. Since then she hadn't been able to get him out of her head.

Her hands reached to where he had lightly kissed her cheek. Her sister Amber had been so ashamed of her, calling her a freak that needed to be locked up. Just because she had her rich fiancée's family over for dinner. None of that mattered to Monica now, she had much bigger things to fuss over.

"He's my brother," she replied quietly. Most of the time it had been Robbie who had cause the family trouble. He had frequently got into fights, both at school and with their father and uncle. Now she was the freak and labelled outcast of the family. If there was one person she could turn to it was Robbie.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Bobby asked. They had reached the apartment in New York and now they both stood in the bustling and busy streets. She had never seen anyone look as out of place as he did right now. She shook her head; Bobby shuffled on his feet before offering his hand to shake.

Monica shook it briefly before walking up the steps to Rob's apartment. She paused to watch Bobby's truck melt into New York traffic before pushing through the door into the cool interior of the apartment building. The building, unlike the street outside, was eerily quiet.

That was strange as Robbie had wasted no time complaining about the noise from the rest of his young neighbours.As she ascended the staircase, she saw bright blood dripping down the marble staircase. She glanced at it for a minute, the sight so strange. The whole building was silent and unmoving, except for the thin line of blood, thickly flowing down the steps. When she reached the landing she saw her brothers door left open. 

Entering the house she was shocked by the destruction that lay before her. Table and chairs had been smashed and glass shards had splatters of blood on the floor.
"Robbie!" she called out, reaching for her phone. Two men suddenly appeared, knocking the mobile out of her hands and holding her back. Stepping out of the shadows a bald man stood with her brother at gun point.

"You know, I've never found use for these guns you humans use. Well, it does have it's uses." he said matter of factly. She struggled slightly under the grip of the two angels holding her back. Her brother looked terrified and confused.
"Let him go," she demanded. He chuckled and clicked off the safety clip.

"I've been waiting for you to arrive; you're gonna come with me whether you like it or not, Monica," he said before kicking her brother to the ground. He reached down and violently punched him in the face, knocking Robbie unconscious.

"Stop it!" she shouted. He looked up and smiled; showing no emotion as he held her closer to his face.
"You will cooperate or there will be no where you can hide your brother that I won't find. And when I do I'll rip him to shreds," he said. She felt the tears slip down her cheeks as he chuckled.

"Now don't cry, everything will be alright," he sneered. They all smiled freakishly at her before they disappeared. When she opened her eyes she was back in the lavishly decorated room with no exit. She wiped her eyes and looked around, tapping the wall as if it might reveal a secret door.
"Wow, it just had to be you," someone said. She turned to see Dean standing in front of her.
"Oh shut up, Winchester," she grumbled, her heart heavy. Now, her brother was involved in all of this and there was no way she could pick sides with the angels; they had no heart and no regard for anyone other than themselves.

"What are we here for?," Dean asked, voicing what she was thinking about him.
"Ahh, isn't this nice?," the bald angel said. She glared at him as Dean frowned, regarding him suspiciously.
"What do you want with us Zachariah?" Dean asked getting straight to the point. Zachariah chuckled and leaned against the lavishly decorated table. Monica slowly edged closer to Dean, until they were standing side by side.

"What do I want! It's about what Heaven wants; a cleansed Earth, a paradise on Earth. So we let the Apocalypse happen, Dean Winchester saves the day, you get a guaranteed slot in Heaven and everything is tickety-boo,"Zachariah explained, smiling manically. Monica shook her head as Dean scowled.

"You guys are real son's of bitches, you're just going to let people die," Dean said. Monica was about to speak when there was a rustling sound Castiel appeared and stood in front of Zachriah.
"Ah finally you're here, you almost missed all the fun,"Zachariah said. Dean looked and frowned between the two.

"He let Sam out, Dean. Castiel just lied to us," Monica stated, hoping he would know there was so much hate in her voice now. She was angry for getting into this situation and angry for trusting  Castiel. He looked at her for a minute, his eyes darkening slightly before turning to Zachariah.

"Why is Monica here? We were told only to bring Dean?" Castiel said. Dean laughed dryly and pushed Castiel back roughly.

"Why aren't we out there stopping the damn Apocalypse from happening!" Dean exclaimed. He lightly brushed Dean aside and turned Monica slightly.
"She barely knows what she is.We were told to bring her back to Heaven where she can be used to-," Zachariah started but Castiel stopped him.
"You cannot force a Seer to serve you, it is their choice only," he said, his eyes trained on her own. She folded her arms over her chest.

"I'll never work for people who are willing to just kill people for their own benefit. Now, let us go!," she said. Zachariah's face suddenly twisted into one of anger and he lunged forward with a gleaming knife. But in a split second Castiel pressed his hand against a symbol on the wall and Zachriah disappeared. There was silence as Dean looked at her before turning to Castiel.

"Cas you have to help us get to Sam...he doesn't know what he's doing,"Dean asked. She could tell that even though they had gone their separate ways Dean still cared for Sam; which only made her think of her own brother and the mess she had left him behind in. Castiel looked between Monica and Dean.

"You don't want my help, do you?," he asked her softly. She was about to reply rudely but looked him in the eyes.
"No, I don't...but we need to get to Sam, Castiel," she said. He nodded and placed a hand on Dean's shoulder and took Monica by the hand.

***

One second they were there the next they were in someone's living room. If that's what she could call it; the place was a dump. Sitting at a computer was a scruffy bearded man. When he looked up, his eyes widened as he got up to start enthusiastically shaking her hand.
"Wow, it's really you...wow, you look...wow," he said. She stepped back slightly in confusion. Dean shared the same confused expression as Castiel fiddled with a book impatiently.

"Um...do we know each other?," she asked. The man stopped and smiled slightly.
"Oh, forgive me, introductions aren't my strong suit. I'm Chuck Shurley, the prophet...I saw you in one of my visions," he said. She nodded, still confused.

"Look Chuck, I know you must be excited about meeting Monica but we-," he started.
"Need to find Sam? Thought so. So, Monica....have you been told about your powers?" Chuck said causally. Monica did a double take; what powers? Chuck didn't seem to mind her shocked expression as he wrote quickly.
"What do you mean by powers?" she asked as Chuck handed Dean a piece of paper with writing scrawled on it. There suddenly was a high pitched whining sound. They all looked at each other in alarm.

"What was that?" she asked. Chuck had gone a light shade of green and even Castiel didn't look good.
"Angels," Dean said with gritted teeth.
"Archangels, you two have to go. They're after me and here to protect Chuck," Castiel said.

Before they could say anything, Castiel touched both of their shoulders and they were no longer in Chuck's living room, instead in a hallway of some church. Monica suddenly had a feeling that she knew where she was going.

Taking off, she head down the corridor.
"Monica wait up!," Dean said, but he caught up with her. They zigzagged down deeper into the crypts of the church. Her heart hammered with anticipation and fear as if what was going to happen was on the tip of her tongue but she just couldn't reach it.

They stopped at a corridor; at the end was two open doors. Standing next to the demon girl, was Sam. She could smell the demon blood on him; she just knew it was demon blood.
"Sam, stop!" they shouted. Sam and the girl turned to see them. They ran forward but the demon girl flicked her hand and the doors slammed shut.

Banging her fists against the door ,Dean called out. Monica could see it all now: blood on the floor, the cage opening, and a face. A grinning, malicious face staring at her and reaching out for her. She stepped out and with everything they had, kicked at the door. The wood splintered away as the doors banged open. They both rushed inside but she stopped short. There on the floor, was the dead Lilith.

"What have you done?," she whispered. Sam frowned slightly as Ruby laughed.
"Guess you're too late," she sneered. Sam looked confusedly at her.
"They all thought I was weak...they didn't know...I was the best of those son's of bitches!" she said excitedly. Suddenly Monica saw red and lunged at her. Ruby managed to punch her slightly and try to run away when Monica held out her hand. 

It was as if she had an invisible rope around Ruby's neck, pulling her backwards. The girl chocked and clawed at her throat. Pure determination was on Monica's face as she struggled to lift the demon above the ground.

"How? How...it that possible?" she choked. Monica didn't know how she was doing it, that the anger and fear raging in her veins was fuelling the fire of her powers. Without hesitation, she watched as Ruby's neck snapped violently. The girl's body fell to the ground,flashing dull light coming from her eyes.

"Monica!" Dean said. She turned to see the place where Lilith lay. The ground was crumbling away, cracks showing white light. She could hear the screams of tortured souls and the crackle of fire, the heat and the misery of the deepest depths of Hell. They reached the open doors and climbed through the hole in the door.  They were halfway down the hallway when she stopped. A force holding her back and stopping her from moving. Dean turned and frowned.

"Come on," he said tugging at her hand. Suddenly she was flipped onto the floor, her feet dragging her back towards the hole of Hell.

"Dean! Dean, help. Help me!," she said.He reached for her hands but the same force pushed him back. Her hands scrabbled at the sides of the walls, trying to hold onto something. Monica  looked at the doors, the heat and that voice.

Come little girl, come closer. It was sinister and she didn't know what to do. No one could save her; Dean and Sam were held against the wall on the other side of the hallway, helpless and could only look as she was dragged into the hole. 

But before she could reach the edge of the pit, there was a blinding light and they were no longer in the church but instead they were in an aeroplane. Her hands were shaking uncontrollably as Sam looked out the window. A bright flash of light was extending upwards, from the location of the church. Monica doubted there would be any church left. Dean placed a hand in hers and gripped it tight.

"You'll be okay, Monica," he said reassuringly. She looked at their hands, together. The soft warm skin and pale pinkish nails. She tried to steady her breathing but it still came ragged and uneven. Dean pushed up the arm rest and pulled her closer to him. Her head rested on his shoulder and she copied the rise and fall of his chest.

Whatever had wanted her back at the church, it had something to do with her powers. That power she felt when she had killed Ruby,only it was faulty. She felt that power ebb away as soon as she had let fear set in. But she couldn't be fearless all the time; not when she felt like the world was crumbling away.

To be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 140 12
ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ? ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴀɴ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ? ᴡᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ! ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴀᴛɪᴀɴ ᴠɪʀᴜs ʙʀᴇᴀᴋs ᴏᴜᴛ? ɪs ᴛʜᴇɪ...
79.9K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...
142K 3.8K 89
When the world starts to crumble around you, when you feel like you've lost everything, you gain a new perspective on life that comes with the best k...
76.5K 1.5K 38
Y/n, a hunter with a rough past. But let's be honest, most hunters got a shitty past. Y/n wasn't a well known hunter like the Winchester's, she's hea...