Beyond The Stars

By Noretakes

"You want to go find your brother, and I want to find my best friend. Since you're crazy and do dangerous thi... More

Just a few things that you should know
Prologue
Moody mornings and awful pick-up lines
Spit Sharing and Frosty Fingers
Touchy Spots and Long Faces
Apologies and Dissapearing
Fighting Steriod Infected Monkeys and Planning
Jinns and Teddy Bears
Anger Issues and Proposals
Pondering and More Proposals
Authors Note
Nosy Uncles and Running Away
Ninja-ing and Cpt. Smexy
Invisible Raifs and Halal touching
Childishness And Raging
Scarred Eyes and Lovey Dovey-ness
Running and Failed Seduction
Squiggly Lines and First Nights
Tree dangling and Coffee Talks
Unicorn Puke and Drastic Measures
Psycho Bunnies and Raifs 'Kidnapper'
Panicking and Cuddling
Heaving and Photographs
Anger and Care
Brothers and Love
Very important A/N and new book maybe? :0
Macho Men and Sealed Deals
Fights and Bites to the Heart
Bollyywood Stars and Curly Haired Angels
Silence and Jealousy
Almost Kisses and Stereos
Bottles and Busses
Lord Nebula and Raif
Takedowns and Surprise Lip Attacks
Punches and Drowsy Smiles
Hysterical and Deep
Intimacy and An Adventure For Three
A/N- read pretty please? With a cherry on top?
Decesions and Revealing Plans
White and Bright
Above and Beyond
Turning Points and Parents
Motivation and Make Outs
Naked Mikhails and Lashing Out
The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars
Epilogue

Fake Emotions and Butthurt Mahras

7.6K 816 366
By Noretakes

Rafa's pov

I slapped myself.

Then another on the other cheek.

I wince realizing that I have man hands that hurt like heck. Rubbing my cheek I growl at the thought that just ran through my head.

"It was just the moment Rafa," I mumble to myself taking my hijab off. I sat down onto the bed. "Mikhail's your best friend, nothing more." I state but even the words coming out through my own mouth didn't please my ears. It felt like I was lying, to my own self.

I  pushed the pillow into my face screaming into it. "Don't do this Rafa!! Don't catch those feelings! You don't love him! There are better things in the world to love than your best friend!.. Even though he got gorgeous hair and a MashAllah face an..- no! No no no! Don't you dare!"

I growled and decided to brush my hair, looking at the pleasing colors sometimes soothed me. I grabbed my hair brush and started on each part, my hair was short but very wavy, which meant a lot of tangles.

"See Rafa, now you're thinking about hair and not him, good job." I said to myself smiling as I continued brushing. But then I saw a strand of hair on it that looked like Mikhail's and all my feelings came back. He used my brush! His touch was on this!

His touch, which is so soft and warm, I remembered how close he had held me and how his scent was of his favourite coffee and of- stop! "Friend, friend, friend, nothing more, nothing less." I repeated to myself over and over trying to stick the words into my brain.

A gasp left me as I realized something.

I quickly threw the pillow down and rushed to open my calendar app on my phone. I scrolled until I reached November, last month. I had my period on the 17th, tomorrow is December 11th. I was close to it, maybe that's why I felt this rush of emotions.

I sighed in relief and put the phone on the night stand.

Problem solved.

As time passed I began to get more and more worried, the snow outside just wouldn't stop falling from the sky in pairs and the wind continued howling behind them. It has now been exactly twenty minutes since Mikhail barged out the door.

What if he fell inside a huge pile of snow and it's eating him alive right this second, there's no one in their normal state of mind outside right now, no one to help him. He even left his hoodie here, that idiot.

That gorgeous, soft haired, amazing humour, hot, loveable idiot.

I slapped myself again, I hate emotions so much, feelings and emotions and whatever the heck they're called need to be banished, it's not good for anyone's health.

But right now I needed to make sure he was okay and hasn't cried so hard that he became an ice cube. Wait, never mind, I don't think I've ever seen Mikhail cry, so he's probably not doing that.

That's another thing about guys, why do they feel as if crying will ruin all their manliness. Like I would cry if a page from my book got accidentally ripped yet I can still be tough right after. With that I hastily wrapped my scarf around my head, pulled a hat over top and grabbed my jacket.

--- fifteens minutes ago - Mikhail's pov

I grumbled to myself as I rushed out of the room, I shouldn't have told her all that. She's already worried about her brother and then here I go putting myself in there too.

Stupid.

The cold wind nipped my ears as I walked through an abyss of white, no place in mind to reach. After a few minutes of mindless thinking I found a heavily snow cladded bench, I wiped some of the snow away before plopping down with a sigh.

Maybe I should say April fools and she'd forget about it. Too bad it's December though. Or maybe I can put on a huge grin and laugh it off, telling her that I made it all up and that the guy in the picture was my cousin. I'm good at hiding emotions, Rafa even said it herself. But her admitting to that makes it seem as if she can see right through me.

It probably won't work.

I pulled up my hood and sank deep into my jacket, closing my eyes for a while. The cold ate at the parts of my face that were uncovered but I enjoyed it. My peaceful state got ruined by the sound of my phone.

I let it ring for a few seconds before giving up and peaking at the screen. It wasn't Rafa like I expected it to be but it wasn't my father either, who was the second person that continuously called me all the time. The first being Raif.

I scrunched my eyebrows at the unknown number and when I didn't recognize it I pressed the answer button and pushed if up to my ear.

"Hello," my voice sounded very hoarse and dried out so I cleared my throat, sat up on the hard bench and repeated myself.

A light feminine voice that I had begun to get used to replied, "hi Mikhail, it's Mahra."

"Yeah I recognized your voice, how'd you get my number?" I asked while rubbing a hand over my face trying to deflate the stress so it wouldn't show in my voice.

"Your father," she said with amusement lacing her words, I rolled my eyes to myself, should've known. He shouldn't have given her my number but I could now clearly see how badly he wanted her to like me so we could get married, Mahra then continued when I didn't reply, "I hope I haven't called a bad time or anything."

It was a horrible time but I wasn't about to tell her that, I sighed and said, "no don't worry, I'm just really tired now s-"

"I can't wait to see you in two days," her voice suddenly dropped a few pitches and I tilted my head at the sudden tone.

"Uh yeah same here but wait do you think you can do me a favour?" I asked, lying about the first part.

"Of course." She said brightly and I winced at the sudden squeak in her voice, "do you think you could maybe persuade our parents to further the date of the dinner, I'm just reall--"

She cut me off once again, "busy right? I understand," she sounded sad and I frowned, "yeah.. Busy, but hey don't worry we'll uh meet soon. So you think you can do it?"

"Yeah sure," she said and I smiled thanking her.

"Is Rafa with you right now?" I nearly fell off my bench once she said that but then I remembered that I also had an imaginary cat named Rafa.

"Oh uhm no she's--"

"Mikhail!" I turned my head to the left as I heard my name being yelled, in the distance I saw Rafa's figure trying to get through the snow towards me. I shook my head as I watched her struggle but my lips turned up slightly.

The sight of it all made my heart skip a beat. She -even after I told her to stay- came out in the dark, -which she was very afraid of- in the heavy snowfall -she hates the cold- just to find me. A me who she should just give up on but hasn't.

"Who's that?" Mahra asked, and I shook out of my daze and stumbled over my words, "uhm co-worker, listen I have to g-"

My words stopped as I watched a black car stop right beside Rafa, I stood up as she stopped struggling towards me. A huge bulky figure stepped out of the car and I ignored Mahras questioning voice as I took a few cautious steps towards them.

Rafa seemed to be talking to the man so I stopped walking but then the man suddenly swooped her up and threw her into the back of the car.

My mind blanked as my I clicked the end call button on my phone harshly, cutting off Mahras words. The car swerved and took a u-turn as I tried to comprehend what the heck just happened.

As my mind put the pieces together I started dashing towards the car. My princess just got kidnapped.

---------------

let's go along with this all shall we, I think I know how I can make it roll ;D

*whisper* for all those wanting to get to them finding Raif....sabr :3 (A word in many languages for patience XD)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 71.6K 52
Just one slight mistake threw me into a world that knows nothing but crime, violence, betrayal, and death. Just one slight incident led me into the...
501K 23.2K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...
5.7K 305 32
𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦, 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕚𝕗 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕨𝕠 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤. 𝔸𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥...
189K 14K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...