Baseball Love

By CajunDreamer

"Hey! Wait a second." The unidentified guy said. "Um, hi?" I asked confused. Little did I know that this was... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Grace and Max - Ball Looks
Taylor and Mystery Guy - Ball Look
Emily and Jason - Ball Looks
Chapter 16 - Ball Pt. 1
Chapter 17 - Ball Pt. 2
Chapter 18 - Ball Pt. 3
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter ~ Wedding Special
Bonus Chapter ~ Surprise!
Bonus Chapter ~ Head's Up!
Important Info! Don't want to miss!

Chapter 14

4.6K 72 21
By CajunDreamer

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE! MAKE SURE TO READ IT! ENJOY!

~~~

**3 Days before the Ball**

"Where have you been lately? You've been too busy to hang out and talk." I told Taylor as we laid on my bed.

"Yeah, what's up with you?" Grace asks her.

"Nothing, just been super busy with my paintings and possible agents." She tells us trying not to blush, key word trying.

"Liar! Tell us the truth."

"Tay, we're your best friends. You can tell us anything." I tell her.

"I know. I just..." She says and then sighs, "I met a guy and when I first met him, he was a complete jerk. But then we talked the rest of the night. He's been through a lot. He finally let me in not too long ago. I think...I think I'm in love with him."

"No wonder you've been too busy to hang out with us. Where did you meet him?" I ask.

"What does he look like? What's his name? Tell us more about him." Grace adds.

"I met him at the art show where I showcased my painting, the one of the sunset from the beach. He doesn't paint or anything but he appreciates art. He has brown hair like mine, gorgeous dark brown eyes, I would say he's about 5'10", he's very mysterious and quiet. Doesn't like letting people in who aren't related to him. Oh, and his name is Ryder." She tells us.

I can tell by the look in her eye as she talks about him, she really is in love with him. I smile at her as Graces says, "That's the face Em makes with anything involving Jason."

I blush, "We aren't even official yet."

Taylor scoffs, "With what you told us from that date, it won't be long."

"I knew I shouldn't have told y'all"

"I would've been told and then I would've told Tay." She smirks.

"Oh yeah? How?"

"Max. The guy comes to me for everything. I mean EVERYTHING! He told me he likes me the other day. He is dead set on getting me to go out with him. I don't understand him. He's so infuriating sometimes." Grace keeps complaining. 

My phone starts ringing from my desk. I get up and grab it then answer, "Hello?"

"Is it true? Did he finally man up and ask you out?"

I laugh, "Yes Dyl, it's true. We had a wonderful time."

"It's about dang time. Anyway, what are you doing?"

"We're waiting on him and Max to get here. I think we're gonna watch Avengers: Age of Ultron. What are you doing? You're welcome to join us."

"Sorry but I can't deal with you crying when that guy dies. About to head off to work anyway."

"Quicksilver! His name is Quicksilver and he didn't deserve to die! He was perfect and just think about the pain Scarlet is still going through."

"HE SAVED HAWKEYE! How can you not be happy at that moment?"

"I DON"T CARE! HE WAS PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING! HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN KILLED." I replied.

Sighing in frustation, he replied, "Whatever Em. I gotta get to work. Speaking of which, Joey said don't worry about coming in this week either. He knows what this week means to you and he doesn't want you to stress. He also said to tell you that he is there if you need him and that, and I quote, He loves ya kid."

I smiled, "Tell him that I appreciate it. I'll let him know if I need anything."

"Okay, bye Em! Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Love ya!"

"Bye pickle! Love you, too!"

I hang up right as the doorbell rings. I walk downstairs and open the door to see the boys standing there.

I smiled at them, "The guys are here!" I screamed upstairs and let them in.

I'm about to go up and get them when I hear feet running down the steps. In a flash, the girls are right in front of me, smiling.

I chuckle and shake my head at them. I turn to Jason and Max, "So, Emmett is at the neighbors playing video games with one of his friends. We have Avengers in the Blu-ray machine. Popcorn, candy, and other snacks in the kitchen with the drinks. What am I forge-" Jason cuts me off with a kiss. I smile and kiss him back. I could kiss him forever and I would've had our friends not interrupted us with groaning and complaining. 

He pulls away smiling down at me, "I forgot to do that." I bite my lip as I blush.

"You two make me sick."

"Aww, what's wrong Max? Are you upset that you don't get kissed at random moments."

"Yes and No. I'm upset that they always kiss in front of me. My innocent eyes can't take much more of this." He replies.

I roll my eyes at him, "You've seen us kiss two times. One time was because you interrupted our date. So shut it."

"I can't help you with their annoying kissing but I can do this." Graces says.

Before anyone knows what's happening, Grace is kissing Max who is frozen. He stays frozen for a minute before he comes to his senses and starts kissing her back. Taylor, Jason, and I are looking at them with mouths dropped open. None of us can process what's going on right now. I don't think Max can either because he is still kind've frozen. 

Grace finally pulls aways and walks into the living room, "So, Avengers?"

We all look at her. "Yeah, Avengers." Max replies going sit next to her on the love seat.

Taylor goes and sits on one end of the sofa and I sit in the middle. Jason sits on the opposite side and that's when I put my head in his lap and my feet on Taylor. She turns so her feet are behind me and her head is on the arm. Jason grabs my right hand and holds it with his. His left hand is running through my hair and I have never felt so safe.

I look at the love seat and see Max has his arm around Grace and Grace is resting her head on his shoulder. I smiled at them before turning to the movie.

~~~

"I can't believe you're crying over Hawkeye getting saved." Max looks at me with disbelief.

"I'm not upset about that. I'm crying because Quicksilver used himself as a shield instead of something else. He could've gotten a rock or a car. He could've just pushed them out of the way! He didn't deserve to die. He was too perfect. I mean he's obviously athletic, a great superhero, he's extremely hot, and-" I stop when Jason looks at me with a raised eyebrow and a smile. I smile sheepishly back at him.

"You're such a baby."

"Shut up, Max!" I glare at him.

"Fine, fine. What are y'all doing tomorrow?"

Taylor and Grace immediately look at me and I try my best to make my face blank, "I have plans."

Max frowns as Jason looks at me, "What plans?"

"Just plans."

Max is about to say something else but Grace interrupts him. Thank God for best friends. "Em has plans but we don't." She tells him and then discreetly nods at me. Taylor smiles at me to show support. Like I said, Thank God for best friends. 

"Okay...I was gonna ask if y'all wanted to go to the mall and help us shop for ties to match y'all but we can go the day after tomorrow. If that's better."

I nod stiffly, "That's better."

"Okay," He smiles at me, "Well, I have to go and J, you're my ride. Let's go."

Jason finally looks away from me to nod at Max.

"I'll walk y'all to the door." I say and follow them.

"Max, could you give us a sec?"

I tense as Max nods at Jason and heads towards the truck.

"So, plans?"

"Yeah, plans."

"You don't have to tell me but what are they? And don't say they aren't important. No one goes pale and no one's face goes black for just the normal type of plans. Something big is tomorrow, isn't it?"

I swallow the lump in my throat and nod. "I can't talk about it right now. I-I'm sorry but I just can't say it." I take a deep breathe as a tear falls down my cheek. The pain in my chest starts right with the memories.

"Hey." He wipes away the tears and pulls me into a hug. "Hey, it's okay. You don't have to tell me right now, okay? I'm here for you when you need me though." I feel him kiss the top of my head.

I pull away and wipe the tears out of my eyes. I look up at him and smile to show that I'm okay now. He smiles too before leaning in and pecking my lips for a few seconds. He pulls away, "Bye Em, I..." He clears his throat, "I'll text you later." 

I smile and wave bye. I walk back inside and I'm immediately consumed in a hug by my two best friends. "Girly movie night?" Grace asks.

I laugh and nod.

------------------------------------------------------------

I will be doing a double update today, just so y'all know. I'll post Chapter 15 sometime tonight so y'all have time to read this chapter.

What did you think???

I will not be able to get the ball chapters finished without a song for each category. I have three categories covered but I need one more song.

I have:

~Stitches, Shawn Mendes, Fun (Thank you @_AwesomeAbby_ for your suggestion!)

~One Call Away, Charlie Puth, Romantic Slow Song (Thank you @Lil_Emmy for your suggestion!)

~S&M, Rihanna, Songs About Sex (Thank you @crae3726 for your suggestion!)

We need:

~A Song That Has A Dance (Shoutout to whoever helps me with this!)

Hopefully, I will have this song by the end of the week. I will be starting to write the ball chapter(s) today but I will not be posting the first one until I have all the songs. Sorry.

More information will be put in the Chapter 15 Author's Note. You won't want to miss it. :)

Comment, Vote, and Share.

CD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

527K 13.4K 31
Avery Alderidge has it all: a sweet boyfriend, tons of great friends, a loving family. She's fierce and popular, and has just started at her first-ch...
348K 9.8K 48
"'Bye.' I say after Edwin's kiss. He gives me a small smile that honestly looks more like a grimace. It makes me a little uncomfortable having him ki...
191 27 21
Natalie has always dreamed about E Miller since that day Freshman year. She's never felt this way about anyone else. For three years she's admired hi...
520 26 24
COMPLETE โœ”๏ธŽ "๐‘€๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐‘โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘™ ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘”๐‘’๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก" All of a sudden when I turn to face him o...