Gray Wolf Ranch

By moudenes

The Marshall brothers, four country boys with a passion for hospitality, have finally achieved their dream of... More

Chapter 1 - Golf Cart
Chapter 2 - Checking In
Chapter 3 - Tribe Names
Chapter 4 - Dog Walk
Chapter 5 - Clean Slate
Chapter 6 - Farm Help
Chapter 7 - Campsite Permits
Chapter 8 - Entertainment Team
Chapter 9 - Out There
Chapter 10 - Not a Good Day
Chapter 11 - Not a Child
Chapter 12 - Nightmares
Chapter 13 - Unwelcome Guest
Chapter 14 - Truths
Chapter 15 - Appointments
Chapter 16 - Worries
Chapter 17 - Relief
Chapter 18 - Disappointment
Chapter 19 - Realization
Chapter 20 - Distraction
Chapter 21 - Hair
Chapter 22 - Loss
Chapter 23 - Dreams
Chapter 24 - Trail Ride
Chapter 25 - An Adventure
Chapter 26 - Secrets and Truths
Chapter 27 - Finding Out
Chapter 28 - Back to Life
Chapter 29 - News
Chapter 30 - Country Boy
Chapter 31 - Wolf
Chapter 32 - We Meet Again
Chapter 33 - Phone
Chapter 34 - Camping
Chapter 35 - Memories
Chapter 36 - Together Again
Chapter 37 - Mingan
Chapter 38 - Moving Out
Chapter 39 - Josh
Chapter 41 - A Letter
Chapter 42 - Picnic
Chapter 43 - The Opening
Chapter 44 - A Night to Remember
Chapter 45 - Anahu

Chapter 40 - Michelle

2.7K 179 26
By moudenes

KITCHI

Since Monique arrived an hour ago, I haven't been able to say a coherent sentence. My family has been catching up with her, and commenting on how much progress she's made in the past months, made obvious by her driving her own car. I could only smile while I felt my chest swell with emotions; love and pride being the strongest. Mrs. Olson followed her to make sure Monique arrived well, and since then has been talking with Grandma.

"Kit, why don't you and Monique take a walk around the grounds? I guess you want to be alone with her," Rowtag says so only I can hear it.

"Do I look desperate?" I ask.

"No, you don't. But I bet you have missed her."

I give a nod to my brother and walk towards Monique. She smiles at me and holds my hand in hers.

"Hey, you! I was wondering if you would ever talk to me."

"Wanna take a walk with me?"

"Sure! Mom? Will you be here when I come back?"

"I'm about to leave. You are in good hands. Enjoy yourself, sweetheart," Mrs. Olson gives her a hug. "Call me to let me know how you are doing."

After wishing Mrs. Olson a safe trip back home, we head downstairs and take the path towards the farm.

"Your speech is good now," I say.

"I booked extra therapy sessions and practiced at each opportunity. I still get stuck, but it's less noticeable that before. People mistake it for a mind slip. My hands are the most affected part. I have trouble picking small things, such as coins. Writing with a pen is also difficult, but I can type without problems. I got a new... Head picture- Don't tell me the word... Scan! That's the word I'm looking for. My injury is less severe than the... Doctors thought. I need to be patient for the rest."

"There's a chance they might want you back at the hospital."

"The whole board of directors would need to leave first. As long as one person knows, the rest will find out. I still have my license so I can practice. Just need to start fresh somewhere else."

"Are you sure that you want to do that here? This valley isn't exactly a thrilling place."

"Maybe that's exactly what I need besides you. You are blushing," she touches my cheek.

"I still don't get what you see in me," I laugh to cover my embarrassment. "I have missed your company so much."

"I have missed you too."

I cup Monique's face and kiss her. "I'm happy you are here now," I hold her hands in each of mine.

"The moment I drove under the arch at the entrance I knew I'm taking the right steps. I only hope I don't inconvenience Olivia at the First Aid post."

"Not after what I've heard. Why don't we walk there to say hello?"

"Sure. I like your shorter hair," she rakes her fingers through it. "You still look handsome, but different."

"You find me handsome?"

"Very."

"But less than Huritt."

"You are hotter than Huritt."

"My brother will be disappointed to hear that," a chuckle escapes me.

"What have you been up to? You seem to be doing well after your surgery."

"I don't black out anymore and I'm trying to work for a few hours every day. I miss the farm and my old routine. I will never have a normal life, but I want to go back to what feels normal to me."

"It is odd, right? We don't miss the excitement, all we want are the ordinary things."

I open the door to the First Aid office and find Olivia sitting at her desk. She looks up and grins when she sees us.

"Dr. Olson! Glad to see you again," she stands up from the desk to greet her.

"Call me Monique. Are you okay with me helping here for a few hours?"

"More than okay. I can do a lot, but I'm not a doctor. Brian is also happy to have you here. Right now, he is tending to a guest who fell ill. In fact, why don't we go there?"

We all head to the lodges, and once at the right place, I stay outside to give them privacy. After a while, they all return and Monique smiles brightly.

"Well done, Brian. It was the correct diagnosis," Monique pats Brian's arm.

"What was wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing. The guest thought she had food poisoning, but she is just pregnant. Brian figured it out and was trying to convince her to take a quick test. I only supported his suggestion."

"And you thought me crazy when I added those tests to the bags," Olivia says to Brian with a triumphant smile.

"I never thought we would use them. I was obviously wrong," Brian says. "I'm glad you are here Monique. It adds more credibility to our work, besides that the closest doctor lives 30 minutes away."

"I'm glad I can be of help."

"I need to lie down for a bit," I say and they all look at me with concern. "All is well, no worries. It's my regular nap time. Why don't you all spend some time together?"

Monique kisses me, and I head home while they return to the pool building. My head spins, but I don't feel sick, only happy.

I check the alarm clock on my night table as soon as I wake up to see how long I slept. An hour has passed, and I feel energized again. The door knob of my room clicks and Monique peers through the gap.

"Your grandmother told me you wake up around this time. Did you sleep well?" She asks as she enters the room.

"I did. How was it at First Aid?"

"Better than I imagined. Olivia was nervous showing me around, but honestly, I couldn't find any points of improvement. I spent most of the time reading the incident reports to inform myself on what I can expect. Gave me chills to read the one of the shooting. I'm glad you are all okay."

"I'm glad myself. We were all lucky. You are almost glowing right now."

"It's great to feel useful again."

I get out of bed, and Monique covers her mouth to stifle a laugh. I then realize that I'm only wearing boxers. Stripping down to sleep is so normal for me, and my family has seen me naked so often that I didn't even think about how Monique would react.

"Let me put on a pair of jeans."

"You don't need to. I like what I see."

Monique turns around and locks the door behind her. My heart races so fast I'm afraid it will rip my chest open. She then walks to me and caresses my face.

"You are shaking," she says while kissing my jaw.

"I'm not sure where this is going," I say while hugging my body.

Monique takes a step back and looks at my face with surprise.

"You have never done this?"

"You gave me my first kiss at the hospital. What do you think?"

"But do you know how it works?"

"I- Think so. I didn't even know what sex was until I was 22. A guy at Grandma's farm brought a dirty magazine to work. I asked Istu about it, and he explained it. Are we only kissing or do you want more?"

Monique smiles, gives me a small peck on my lips and sits on the bed where she pats next to her. After I sit, she holds my hand and places it on her chest. I take it as my clue to remove her shirt and her bra. This is the first time I see naked breasts for real.

We kiss while my hands explore her warm, soft body. Once all clothing pieces are out of the way, I lift myself on top of her. I need her. I love her.

She smiles at me while caressing my face and I hope I'm doing the right thing. I fill her and for a moment, I believe I have lost my mind. I feel like crying or laughing as I rock myself. She's here, for me, and we are doing this on my bed.

Monique lets out these small noises that are beautiful. She wraps her legs around my hips and I embrace her. Her mouth is hot and sweet. I feel my body get tense while she suddenly digs her nails in my skin and I fall next to her. My head is in the clouds as she caresses my hair lazily.

"Did I do it right?" I ask between shallow breaths.

"More than right."

We stay in bed, and I can see a future together. I like how I feel and who I am when she's with me.

"I know you have been here for just a few hours, but do you see us together in the long term?" I dare to ask.

"Kit, I dreamed about our future since the first day we met. You didn't care I had trouble talking or moving."

"I still can't believe my luck."

"Your family must wonder where we are. Your grandmother was busy with dinner."

We get dressed and make sure our messy hair looks presentable. As we walk out of the room, I find Huritt reclining on the kitchen bar. He smirks as he looks at me, and Grandma smacks his head with a kitchen towel when she notices.

"Why did you do that?" He rubs his head.

"For being rude to your brother."

"What was that about?" I ask him.

"Monique, can I have a minute alone with my brother?" He asks.

"Sure," Monique says, and we head to the back deck.

"I know you just had sex. I think the whole ranch could hear the moans and grunts," he says as soon as we are outside. "It was your first time, right?"

"Huritt, I swear that if you make fun of me, I can guarantee you a split lip again."

"Did you use protection?" He asks.

"What is protection?" I ask confused.

"Did you use a condom? Does she use pills? Something to prevent her from getting pregnant? You know you can get a girl pregnant from having sex, right?"

"Oh shit! No! Istu never told me that! What should I do?"

"Hope for the best."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1.8K 62
Ulric Wolcott, know as Little Wolf by his friends and family, has no boundary between man and wolf. His Native American heritage from his mother gave...
2.3K 299 52
For Caleb Bishop, family is everything. He takes over the responsibility of running his pack with this ideal foremost in mind, putting his commitment...
21.6K 2.2K 13
The third book in the series of Veronica Marshall. Veronica is now married to an adoring husband and together they have two children. She is slippin...
52.3K 1.7K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...