All I Need

By Torichick235

A Kirisuna fan fiction. More

A Day to Ourselves
The Dreaded Dinner
The Dungeon
Thea
Quest Completed!
Back to Reality
What Happened at School
Safe and Sound
A New Title
Lazy Day
Under the Mistletoe
Christmas in Alfheim
Moving In
Happy New Year!
New Friends
Back To School
Dinner
The Big Day
Matrimony
Honeymoon
Give a Girl a Pearl
Lazy day
Back Online
Wings for a Tail
Be Prepared
Missing You
Time to Let You Go, But Wanting to Bring You Back
No More Cloudy Skies
Viva Happy and Small Surprises
The Black Swordsman's Birthday
Complications and Uncertainty
Breaking the News
No Show
Girls Day
Hellooooo, Doctor.
Love Words
Preparations
Promise Me
I Promise
Some Assembly Required
Deciding
I'll Fight for You
Chapter 2 of the story

Celebrating

3.7K 50 68
By Torichick235

Kazuto's p.o.v.

"It's positive, Kazuto. I'm pregnant.", Asuna said. 

A smile cracked across my face as pure joy welled up inside me. I jumped up and hugged my wife, picking her up and spinning her around. She laughed and hugged me back. 

"I'm so glad.", I said. 

"We're finally going to be real parents! Oh, I can't wait!", Asuna squealed. 

I laughed and set her down. Asuna looked up at me and kissed me. I kissed her back and pulled her closer, making sure there was no distance between us. Asuna ran her fingers through my hair. In between a kiss, I pressed my forehead against hers and smiled, looking her in the eyes. I could see the happiness in them. 

"I love you so much.", I said. 

"I love you more.", Asuna said. 

"No you don't.", I said. 

"Yes, I do!", she said laughing. 

"OK, it's an even balance, then.", I said laughing with her. 

"Whatever. So, do you feel better, now?", she said. 

"Infinitely better. Thanks.", I said. 

"Hey, this was as much you as it was me.", Asuna said. 

"I know.", I said, blushing a little. 

"So, how should we celebrate this?", she asked. 

I thought about it. There were plenty of things we could do. An idea popped into my head and I smiled. This was perfect. 

"I have an idea. It's a surprise, though.", I said. 

"I like surprises.", Asuna said. 

I smirked and let her go. As soon as I did, she bent down to the ground and picked something up. I realized she'd dropped the pregnancy test because I hugged her and kissed her. I didn't think anything of it. 

"You might want to get dressed. We're going out to celebrate. I'm going to the kitchen to get some things, but don't go in there until I tell you.", I said. 

Asuna nodded and walked over to the trash can, throwing away the little purple stick. I left the bedroom and walked into the kitchen. I put away the things I'd gotten out earlier, then got out the sandwich stuff and went to making Asuna's favorite sandwiches. I put grilled turkey, apples, apple butter, and swiss cheese on some toasted bread, which I just threw in the toaster for a minute. 

I made four sandwiches, then put the sandwich stuff away and got out the chips. Asuna had a bunch of chips that she liked and wasn't picky, so I could pretty much grab anything and make her happy. I picked out a bag of regular potato chips for myself and a bag of sunchips for Asuna. I set the chips with the sandwiches, which I'd wrapped in seran wrap. Now, I needed drinks. I decided on peach tea, since Asuna and I both really liked that. We had some tea already, I just had to add the peach flavoring to it. 

I put the tea in a couple of water bottles we'd saved, then put all the food and stuff in a picnic basket. Now, the only thing I needed was a blanket and the music box. I walked into the hall and opened the closet, which was where we kept all the extra blankets. I decided on a black sheet, since Asuna would say something about stains if I didn't choose a dark color. I took the top sheet and folded it neatly, packing it on top of the food and closing the basket. 

I had one last thing to get, but I would have to get it on the way out. I opened the door and took the basket out to the car. I put it in the trunk and shut it, then ran back up to the apartment. Asuna was still in the bedroom, waiting on the bed.

"You ready?", I asked. 

"Yup.", she said. 

"Go ahead and go get in the car, I'll be out in a minute.", I said. 

Asuna nodded and got up, walking out the door. As soon as she was out of sight, I snatched the music box off of her dresser and grabbed my portable speaker. I already had my phone, full of music that we both liked, so when the music box had finished, we could still listen to music. 

I put the speaker and music box in my pocket, then turned off all the lights and left. Asuna was waiting in the car, just like I'd asked her to. I got in the driver's side and started the car. Once we were both buckled, I pulled out and started driving.

~~

Asuna's p.o.v.

I started looking out the window as we drove. We passed all our favorite places, so it was clear we were going somewhere new. Kazuto poked my arm. I looked over at him to find he was holding the blindfold we always used to surprise each other, a thing we did often. I pouted at him as I took the blindfold and tied it around my eyes. 

"You know, it probably isn't smart to blindfold a pregnant woman.", I said. 

"I'll make sure nothing happens to you.", Kazuto said, reaching a hand over and covering mine with it.

We drove on for what felt like forever, since I couldn't see anything. I occupied myself by thinking of baby names. I'd thought of a few that I liked, but they were all for girls. I figured I would get Kazuto's help for the boy's names. 

I felt the car pull into a parking lot. I went to reach for my blindfold, but Kazuto stopped me. 

"Not yet. I'll guide you to the spot where we're going.", he said. 

"What if I bump into somebody?", I asked. 

"There's nobody here. We're the only car here.", Kazuto said. 

I nodded. 

I heard Kazuto unbuckle and get out of the car. I unbuckled my seatbelt, then felt for the door handle. I found it and opened the door. I heard Kazuto closing the trunk. He was suddenly at my side, helping me get out, then closing the door for me. I felt his arm go around me. 

We started walking, and occasionally, Kazuto would tell me to step up, or that we were going up an incline. We kept walking for about five minutes, then Kazuto stopped me. 

"I'll be right back. Make sure you don't move. I have to set something up. I'll just be right here, so you won't be alone.", he said. 

I nodded as Kazuto let go of me, leaving me to stand alone. I could hear him moving around in the grass. I couldn't tell what he was doing, but it sounded weird. I knew we were still outside because of the a light breeze and the fact that there was intense sunlight shining through my blindfold. 

Kazuto finished with whatever he was doing and walked over behind me. He untied my blindfold. 

"OK, here we are.", he said.

I opened my eyes. We were standing on a hill, under a tree. There was a white picket fence running on either side of the little path that was next to the hill. Off in the distance, there was a row of houses and buildings. There was even a grain mill. I was immediately taken back to the first few months we'd been in SAO. Kazuto had been sleeping under a tree just like this one and I'd gotten mad at him because he wasn't working to get out of the death game. He was just as calm as could be, taking a nap under the tree. 

Tears stung my eyes as I overflowed with happiness. I turned around and hugged him. I guess I startled him because he jumped, but then hugged me back. 

"What's wrong?", he asked concerned. 

I shook my head. 

"Nothing. I just thought I'd never see a real place that had anything to do with how we met and fell in love, since it all happened inside a video game.", I said. 

"Oh. That hill in SAO was based off of this one because it had been a favorite place of one of the game designers. I thought it'd be nice to bring you here for an anniversary, or something, but this seemed like the best chance I'd ever get.", Kazuto said. 

I smiled and wiped my tears. Kazuto smiled at me and then looked down at my outfit. I looked at what I'd picked out to wear. It was a red pleated skirt with a white shirt with elbow length sleeves that was kind of form fitting. Kazuto was wearing a black t shirt and black jeans. I couldn't stop myself from laughing. 

"Well, this looks familiar.", Kazuto said. 

I laughed again. Kazuto put an arm around my waist and we walked up to the top of the hill, where Kazuto had laid out a full picnic. I sat down on one side of the blanket and Kazuto sat down on the other side. He handed me a sandwich wrapped in plastic wrap. I opened it up and realized what Kazuto had put on it. He'd made my favorite. 

I took a bite of the sandwich, sinking my teeth into the crisp and crunchy sandwich. I loved these and I thought it was sweet that Kazuto made something he knew I liked. I hadn't realized that I was hungry until now. I ate the first sandwich hastily and then reached for a second one. 

"I figured you'd be hungry, since you didn't exactly get breakfast this morning.", Kazuto said, handing me a bottle of tea. 

I took the bottle from Kazuto's hand and opened it up. I took a swig of the tea. It was just then that I noticed that it was peach tea. I didn't have a problem with it, but it tasted a little different. I'd been noticing that some things tasted different. I used to love coffee, but this morning when I took a sip of it, I thought it tasted horrible, which triggered morning sickness. 

I put the tea down and picked up my sandwich again. I can safely say that this was the best sandwich I'd ever had. Even the shrimp scampi from last night didn't top this. I kept eating the sandwich until it was gone. By now, I was full. I picked up my tea again and took another sip. 

Kazuto had just finished his second sandwich and put the wrappings back in the basket, which was sitting on the corner of the blanket. He stood up and reached into his pocket taking out my music box. He wound it up, then set it down, letting it play. Next, he offered me a hand. 

"May I have this dance?", he asked. 

I grinned and took his hand, standing up and stepping onto the grass. Kazuto put his hand on my lower back and pulled me close. I put my hand on his shoulder and kept my other hand in his. We swayed back and forth to the music, just the way we had that one night on our honeymoon. 

I smiled up at Kazuto. He had an expression of pure happiness that seemed to be coming from his very soul. I laid my head on his shoulder as we danced. He nuzzled my hair with his cheek. As we danced, I thought back to that day when we met on this hill. The dream I'd had that day. 

Flashback to the dream~

I was sitting on a bench, in total darkness. I couldn't see anything but the bench and the blackness that surrounded me. I was crying and screaming in terror. I was yelling for help, calling out into the darkness. 

Silence. 

Suddenly, the game master rose up in front of me. He said nothing, but he stretched out his hand and made to grab me. Somebody jumped in front of me and slashed at the game master with a sword as black as the darkness that surrounded us. He had jet black hair and dressed in all black. 

No matter how much the game master tried to advance on us, the swordsman would not let him. He slashed and sliced, sending sparks flying and cutting the game master to pieces until there was nothing left of him. 

When the game master was gone, the swordsman turned to me. I realized as he turned that it was Kirito. It was the boy that had always gotten on my nerves; the one that had always annoyed me; ignored my orders; challenged my authority; protected me. 

He looked at me and smiled. I blinked and he was gone, just as quickly as he'd come and I was left alone in the darkness again, but I didn't feel alone anymore. 

~~End of Flashback~~

Kazuto and I were still swaying to the music of the music box. Kazuto pulled me away from him slightly, then spun me around. I giggled and he chuckled. 

"So, I didn't get to finish last night. My list of what I love about you.", Kazuto said. 

I giggled like a schoolgirl and felt myself blush. 

"One. I love you when you're daydreaming.

Two. I love you when you laugh.

Three. I love your strong will.

Four. I love how independent you are.

Five. I love how when you wake up and let your eyes wander around the room until you focus on something and then smile slightly. 

Six. I love your voice, especially when you sing. 

Seven. I love your habit to wear red and white together. 

Eight. I love how funny you are. 

Nine. I love how pretty you are when you smile. By the way, you look pretty anyway, but when you smile, you always look best.

And ten. I love how you are the nicest, sweetest, most confident, and understanding person on the planet.

There's more, but I'll save the rest for when you need them. That way, if you ever doubt my love for you, I can tell you some more of the things I love about you, and remind you just how much I love you.", Kazuto said. 

I felt a tear roll down my left cheek. Kazuto reached up and wiped it away with his thumb. Next, he leaned in close and kissed the tip of my nose. I couldn't have smiled any bigger if I'd tried. I don't think Kazuto could've, either. 

The music box suddenly stopped and we stopped with it. I didn't want to stop, though. Kazuto let go of me and pulled out his phone. He plugged in a portable speaker and pulled up his playlist. He hit play, then set the phone down on the blanket and pulled me back into his arms. 

The music started and I immediately recognized it. It was Count On Me by Bruno Marz. I had always loved this song because it was so sweet. Kazuto and I started dancing again. this time, we moved around on the hill a little. We were halfway through the song when I tripped on my own feet. Kazuto twisted as we fell, landing me on top of him. 

I was both embarrassed and worried. That all went away when Kazuto started laughing. He looked up at me and pulled my head down so that I was laying on top of him, using his chest as a pillow. I could hear his heart beating. I smiled and closed my eyes. Kazuto began stroking my hair, which was an action I'd begun to expect when we were in this position. 

We stayed there, listening to the music and watching the sunset. I watched as the sun dipped below the horizon and disappeared over the edge. The sky was dark as the last rays of sun disappeared, leaving the sky full of stars. 

I looked down at Kazuto, who was gazing up at the sky thoughtfully. He looked up at me and smiled. 

"So, what do you think? Should we make this place our spot for special dates?", he asked. 

I smiled. 

"I love it. I think this could definitely be our spot.", I said. 

Just then, flashlights started flashing somewhere near us. We both looked up to see a golf cart with a flashing red light. There was a man coming towards us with a flashlight. 

I rolled off of Kazuto and made sure my skirt wasn't ridden up anywhere. Kazuto sat up and squinted at the man with the flashlight. 

"You guys shouldn't be out here. the park closed 30 minutes ago.", the man said. 

I couldn't make out his features, but he sounded pretty young. I got up and dusted off my skirt. Kazuto stood up and turned off his phone and the music along with it. I walked over and began packing up the remains of our picnic, which was just the tea and the chip bags. I put them in the basket, then picked it up and Kazuto grabbed the sheet and rolled it up. 

"We're really sorry. We just lost track of the time.", I said to the park ranger. 

"That's fine. We don't issue any punishments or anything. I just need you guys out because there are all kind of animals that come out at night. Last week, we found a snake on the other side of the park. You two have a nice night.", the ranger said, turning and heading back to his cart. Kazuto put a hand on my back and used the flashlight on his phone to get us out of the park. 

It was a little bit of a relief to finally see Kazuto's red car. He opened the door for me and then ran around to the back to put the picnic stuff away. Next, he came over to the driver side and got in. I buckled my seatbelt, then watched as Kazuto buckled his. 

Kazuto started the car and we were on our way home. On the way back, I fell asleep, listening to the sound of the car drive on. 

~~~

Kazuto's p.o.v.

When we arrived at home, I looked over to Asuna, who was just waking up. She'd fallen asleep five minutes into the 20 minute trip. I had already turned off the car, which is why she woke up. She looked around and then went to unbuckle her seat belt. I unbuckled and got out, shutting the door behind me. 

I walked around to the back and popped the trunk open. The basket and sheet were laying there where I'd left them, right beside the jumper cables and the jack. I took them out and shut the trunk, and turned to see Asuna shutting the car door. I walked up next to her and put my arm around her waist and we walked upstairs to the door. 

I handed the basket to Asuna and pulled out my keys, then opened the door and held it open for Asuna. She walked in and turned into the kitchen to put the picnic basket away. I shut and dead bolted the door, then put my keys back in my pocket. 

I walked into the kitchen just as Asuna was putting the bottles of peach tea in the fridge. She closed the fridge, then went back to the basket and pulled out the chip bags. I took the sheet and tossed it into the hamper in the bedroom. While I was in there, I pulled the music box out of my pocket and put it back on Asuna's dresser. 

I walked back into the kitchen to help Asuna put away the rest of the stuff. She was trying to get the basket back up in the cabinet I'd gotten it from. She was reaching up with the basket propped on the edge of the cabinet, trying to push it up into the cabinet. 

I reached up and helped her push it up into the cabinet. I looked at her face and saw how worn out she was. I couldn't blame her, though. She'd had a full day yesterday, then today there was so many things going on with sickness. 

"You go on and go to bed. I'll finish everything up here. I'll be in there in a second.", I said. 

Asuna nodded and slipped her arms around me, giving me a hug. I hugged her back and kissed the top of her head. She smiled slightly, then walked drowsily down the hall and into the bedroom. I walked into the dining room and picked up the dishes from breakfast. I took them all to the sink, rinsed them out and then loaded them into the dishwasher. It took me about five minutes to do it all, then I was flipping off switches and making my way to the bedroom. 

Asuna was in the middle of changing into her pajamas. I walked over to my side of the bed and changed into my own pajamas, which were laid out on the bed, thanks to Asuna. I threw my other clothes in the hamper, making an excellent toss, then climbing into bed. Asuna snuggled up next to me and laid her head on my chest. She fell asleep almost immediately. 

As I laid there, I thought about the huge responsibility that had been put on my shoulders. I would definitely need to find a better job if I was going to support Asuna and a baby. Especially since Asuna would probably quite her own job to take care of the baby, which was safer than daycare. 

I looked over at the clock on the dresser. It was 10:30. I had work tomorrow and I needed to get to sleep. Asuna stirred and cuddled closer to me. I could feel the rise and fall of her chest as she breathed. I closed my eyes and let the slow and steady sound of Asuna's breathing lull me to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, Guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I realize that my book is getting really long, so I need your opinion. Should I end this book soon and start immediately on another book, or should I just let this one get super long?

Let me know in the comments what you think. Bye.

-Scarlet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18 1 7
I girl who grew up in a hard background has to face her fears and become something and someone she never thought would happen.
35.5K 780 41
(They keep adding girls to the harem so this is how I would imagine Asuna being fed up. This is a Kirisuna story... Enjoy the ride.) (UNDER EDITING) ...
53.1K 2.9K 22
A Sumellika fan fiction which is a romantic love story. Loved the couple and wrote it about them.