The Royale Wolf

Por Traicing_Dim_Stars

In a world void of mortals, creates the story of Aura Evangelynne Starr. a very unique werewolf. She ha... Más

Authors Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Forteen
This Is Not An Update
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Re Editing Chaps
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter One

46.9K 1.1K 177
Por Traicing_Dim_Stars

Song: Faded
Song artist: Alan Walker
Dedicated to: hoodie_life and LadyVeniceMaria

I will walk by faith, even
when I cannot see...

"Aura Starr"
Editing made by me

~Chapter One: The Ball~

My grandmother always said that out there on the other side of this massive and complicated world, a chamber buried under the ground was a monster. A monster that once roamed freely millions of years ago. She also said that one of our ancestors was responsible for capturing the beast.

I always thought that she was only being delusional, but my mind was changed for me when a horrific news strucked my family.

"Your grandma is gone". My mom's quivering voice said.

Nobody really knew what happened to her. All they know is that she went into the woods one day for a run (even for her old age) and never came back.

No traces of blood or even a scent that can lead to her, she just disappeared!

And that left me to believe that maybe the 'monster' was back and now seeking revenge on our family. Well that's just the five year old me would think.

But over time, my intuition grew deeper when my parents started being frantic and overprotective, not letting me out of the house without someone tailing behind me like a dog (pun not intended, ok sort of ).

But maybe half of the reason of their sudden behavior was because of me showing signs of, how should I say it? Powers?

Even for a werewolf having the ability to talk to the animals of the wild was not very common.

Or the fact that I have the power of telling if you're lying by just listening to your heart beat, because of my super super advanced hearing.

But I tend to not use those powers. Any mortal would have killed to have the powers that I posses, but having these extraordinary abilities has its disadvantages. Strangers tend to mistake me as a werewolf/witch spawn, kids in school stirred clear from my path as if any second I will pounce at them, which led me desperately asking my parents if I can quit school and just go with home schooling.

One kid from elementary even made up this story that I lived in this swamp land and that I came from an egg!

Ridiculous but they're just being normal kids -well as normal as you can get when you're a freakin' werewolf-

Every night I image myself as a little girl again, recalling the memories that I actually want to remember. Memories sometimes turn into nightmares, they hunt you at night but you couldn't run away. It's inside you, inside your head, forever stuck in there.

Me and my grandma were very close, she was my first best friend, she always lend me the best advices, and she's always there when I needed her. I practically grew up with the old lady, so having her suddenly disappear made me broken so much.

I miss you, grandma.

I sighed and stopped myself from going down further into memory lane. I stared at my appearance for one last time and did a little twirl, because who doesn't. Trailing my hands down my dress to straighten up any nonexistent wrinkles created by anxiety.

No one asked for the details of my dress but, it is a white sleeveless halter dress with a gold belt wrapped around the waist. It's a stunning dress that's cream white at the top and royal blue below the belt.

Royal blue is my most favorite color, sometimes I would actually call it royale blue.

It has an opening in the front, that showed a portion of my legs, just below the knees, and flowed down to the floor at the back. I wore a pair of simple wedges which is colored...royale blue, and my long hair flowed in soft curls on my back.

As I said before, my parents never let me leave the pack house without someone beside me. Paranoid to hell and back that a witch will jump out of the trees and kidnap me.

Well I did got jumped once, oh wait no that was just my bestfriend...

My parents have told me before that I wasn't alone, a place somewhere in this world is a pack full of Royale wolves. The minute they told me, I was dying to run away and find this place. But I couldn't just leave my family nor my pack just to join another because I was different from them.

I was both happy and afraid, happy that the Moon Goddess was so kind to give me numerous powers and afraid because of vampires.

Vampires drink blood to live, so having rare blood running through my veins instantly brings me to the top of their list.

It's both a blessing and a constant threat, a blessing because from the word itself, it is very rare, only some very very gifted werewolves are born with rare blood.

So my parents and my three older brothers do their best to protect me, it's heartwarming but sometimes I would feel more of a burden to them, but I guess it's hard for both ends.

A knock from my door pulled me out of my overflowing thoughts and I quickly sprayed myself with some perfume before dashing towards my door.

There stood the most beautiful woman in my life.

"Awe, sweetie, you look absolutely beautiful!". She gushed, her sparkling hazel eyes filled with joy. She caressed my cheeks and looked like almost tearing up.

"More beautiful than you?". I joked and actually made her laugh. She suddenly went serious and pursed her lips, pretending to think.

"No, I'm always gonna be more fabulous than you". She said all too confidently that made me gaped at her.

"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, honey! Come on, the male apes downstairs are gonna rip us to shreds if we don't come down soon". She gave me a kiss on the cheek and left with a wink. I smiled at my mom's childishness, that I definitely inherited.

'Male apes' as in my father and brothers. Werewolf males are known to be easily angered and a bit impatient, according to my own personal experience.

They can't stand in a line for more than ten seconds, almost 98% of the soccer or basketball game we watched ended up with the screen of our tv cracked.

One time, Drake almost shove every car in our way when we were caught in a traffic.

____

We went out the door and walked through the dimly lit hallway. Mom just walked beside me and is currently telling me all about her red dress, while I zoned out and began to breath rapidly. I clapped my hands together and tried to calm my raging nerves.

'Okay....time for a little self pep talk'

Everything's going to be just fine, Aura. You're not going there alone, your family will be right beside you. Besides you took those classes that teach you poise and grace and stuffs. You know how to dance....waltz and walk gracefully, which I'm not applying right now because I almost tripped.

'But you didn't pay attention to half of what the teacher is blabbering about'. The silent and actual other voice inside my head said. Meet my annoyingly and always right wolf, Dawn. 

'Ehh whoops?'

'You'll be just fine at the ball. In fact you can even find our mate there, didn't our parents met each other at that gathering too?'

'You're always talking about finding our mates, and yes mom and dad met at the ball'.

'I'm always talking about that because I want to find someone who's actually sane enough to talk to'

'You've wounded me, Dawn'

'That's the point isn't it?'

'I'm not talking to you anymore, and for one, I am gonna try to find our mates at the ball because you're too mean for me to handle'

'If you wouldn't be too scared to even leave your brother's side'.

'Stop tempting me to kill you, Dawn'

'Just being honest here, Aura Evangeline Starr, also by killing me, you're also gonna kill yourself'

'Oh I'm gonna find a way, you'll see'

I shook my head and lightly chuckled to myself having yet another interesting conversation with my wolf. My brother's head turned to me. "What are you chuckling at?". Ceous my oldest brother asked with a weirder out look on his face.

"Realx, I didn't go Harley Quinn and went coo coo, my dear brother, just talking to Dawn". I said honestly, with another light chuckle.

'I hate it that you're so honest'

'Honesty is the best policy Dawn'

'Whatevs'

'Ahah! I win this time'

I can just imagine a white wolf sticking her tongue out at me. Dawn actually went silent, but it won't last. We were getting near the venue and my anxiety skyrocketed again.

'Awesome!'

See what I mean....

Soon enough we arrived at the venue, and it looks breathtaking and really huge. Every year this glorious event is celebrated in different parts of the Earth and the venue changes every time. Different expensive cars lined up the massive parking lot, to avoid not having parking space for all the guests, the organizers of these events assign parking spots of each pack.

And although the event is for everyone, only the highest ranking werewolves are obliged to come, the highest of course being the Alpha then Luna, Beta and so on. So since werewolves that beholds no title are not obliged, most of them don't come.

Our car stopped in front of the building and we got out, our parents were in another car that left before ours so they were already inside waiting for us.

We climbed up the steps that leads to the entrance, and I tried my best to not trip on my dress, we went into the lobby and we were greeted by one of the organizers, she showed us behind two gigantic closed doors. I pushed down the last bit of anxiety inside me and raised my chin confidently, or so I tried.

I'd rather look like a conceited bitch than a timid little girl and cower behind my brothers. The only daughter of one of the most powerful Alpha in the world have to give a good first impression after all.

"Aura, I know you're  feeling so much anxiety right now, this being your first ball, but remember we're here so anything happens just come to us, okay? And please please please promise me to take care of yourself". Dad said heartily but then he looked at me like he was about to burst into tears.

What's with all these people bursting almost bursting into tears? Did I look that horrible that I make everyone cry?

"My little baby girl, attending her first ball!". He surprised me by crushing me into a tight hug.

"Ooohkay, dad. Thanks for that absolutely pinterest perfect speech. You can let go now! I might look like a stone but stones can also have cracks and break!".

He chuckled and gave me one last squeeze before letting me go, my brothers fake gaged at our father's cheesiness whilst mom just clapped giddily at us.

They started conversing on theirselves soI turned away, just as I watched another door on the other side of the lobby, open. A man walked out and I squinted my eyes to see that he had an annoyed scowl on his face. For a split second he looked up and met my gaze, I almost staggered back at seeing meeting his electrifying eyes.

My hearts started beating faster than a millisecond, and I could hear it thumped in my ear. My face burned because I couldn't look away from this stranger, my gaze is just glued on this handsome man and I felt Dawn wake up inside me.

'Are you having another panic attack?'

'Maybe'

'Okay good, I'm just gonna continue my sleep'

'And maybe I've just found my mate'

'Mmmhhmm whatever you say'

I blinked twice and glanced back at the lobby door, but found no one standing there. My shoulders sagged and I sighed sadly, but a new found fire lit up inside me and I thought to myself that I would find that man later.

"Here you go again. Lost in your own world". Drake said shaking my shoulders lightly with a 'tsk'. Once he knew my attention is now on him he continued. ''They will call mom and dad's name soon and we will be next. Pull yourself together, oh, and don't meet anyone's gaze cuz you know".

After the joyful moment of turning 18 years old, female werewolves will go through a process called, 'heat', until the next full moon. It's like the usual time of the month for mortals, only more annoying and painful.

My case was much worse and troublesome than other's, because of my scent, the effect of heat is doubled up. Double the problem and double the over protectiveness of my family.

Drake elbowed me ligthly as soon as the MC started to announce my parent's names. I glared at him and said "It's not like every second I lose attention of my surroundings, you don't have to elbow me all the damn time".

He shrugged with a cheeky grin. "Just making sure, lil A".

"And here we welcome Alpha Marco Starr and his beautiful mate Luna Lorea Starr". The announcer said and the two gigantic doors finally opened, dad gave a low growl after the announcer said the word 'beautiful'.

The MC chuckled nervously. "Only repeating what you said, Marco. Now stop that murderous glare, it's a party for pete sake!". Everyone laughed which made me surprised.

I thought the Celestial ball was this all too fancy event that is so uptight with a bunch of rules of etiquette.

'But once again you're wrong, Lil A!'

'Go back to sleep!'

Dad gave a playful glare but laughed it off when mom whispered with a laugh. "Calm yourself, dear".

Mr. Alejandro -the MC- cleared his throat before continuing. "And now lets all welcome, their four brilliant children, the first son, Ceous Carlos Starr, the second son, Draco Starr, the third son, Zeous Leonardo Starr, and lastly their one and only daughter Aura Evangelynne Starr".

The doors opened again and I plastered a soft charming smile on my face. Ceous offered his forearm for me to hold on to and I agreed.

Whispers erupted from around us, and I knew instantly it was because of me. "I swear if I can. I would have punched them all squared in the face. How dare they eye rape you". He growled quietly when we finally reached our table.

I looked at him wide eyed and punched his shoulder lightly, he chuckled and told us he's just joking.

Mom shushed Ceous and his very uncontrollable wolf.....and mouth.

"Hey, Boys why don't you go associate with the other werewolves here? Don't you have friends from school that has attended?". Mom offered and they glanced at the each other with a grin but they turned towards me with sad smiles.

"The last time I checked, the lovely woman beside me is the one called mom in our family". They glared at my comment and told me that they're just worried but I shooed them off.

"!I'll be fine here, besides I'm not a four year old kid anymore, I can handle myself, also there's hundreds of food on the buffet over there". I assured them with a more assuring smile on.

"Are you sure?". They chorused strangely 

"First off, yes and second off, why do you guys love being a total choir all the time?". I rolled my eyes and shushed them away.

Whatever is happening tonight I need to be strong, it's just a ball. Filled with scary Alphas that can kill you if you ever make the wrong move.

'I wish I could smack your head right now, also thinking that everyone here is in the move for you? That's not the least bit comforting'.

In my head, I can imagine Dawn shaking her wolf head at me, disapprovingly.

One night and all of this would be over!

^_^

Thank you for giving my book a chance! Hope you enjoyed the very first chapter of "Royale Wolf".

Any thoughts?
Feel free to share

Picture at the top is Aura played by Elle Fanning...
Also this story is under serious improvements so a lot of events that happened in this book will be removed or revised and that also includes most of the characters' dialogues.

Any spelling or grammar mistakes?
Feel free to share

If you think I deserve it,
Fan...
Vote...
Comment...

Oreos for everyone!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

170K 7.9K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...
3.1M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...
17.4M 545K 37
"It's like he's a different breed of werewolf. Something... beyond us." • • • Adrienne Gage has spent her entire life being shunned and punished for...
568K 13.9K 28
"I dont want a weak pathetic and fat ugly mate like you. I will find another well deserving mate and Luna . Whats your full name?" "Emerald Hazen" i...