You Know I'm Such a Fool for...

By dinhadb

Vicky is a 17 year old girl who has a dedicated mom, a best friend she loves, Leah, and an ‘almost’ boyfriend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 30

94.3K 988 69
By dinhadb

Hey guys,

First of all, I wanted to say that one of my editors, AshleeTherese, just posted her first story. It’s called “My Love and Savior”, so if you have some time, please check it out. I dedicated the chapter to her, so just click on her picture. :)

I’m so sorry about the late update, but I did my best. 

This chapter was edited by silverangelwings12. Thank you so much, girl. =)

She also made the amazing banner. You go girl!

I hope you like this!

Chapter 30

Adrian

Vicky didn’t answer my phone call last night. I tried to text her as well, but again, no reply. It was unusual of her not to talk to me at all and even though the rational part of my brain kept telling me that her phone probably ran out of battery, I couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong.

I finished my breakfast just when Leah came downstairs.

“I’m so late!” She exclaimed, taking a seat in an empty chair. “I’m so lucky that you’ve made breakfast, Mom, I still have to find my math book,” she continued, referring to the eggs and toasts mom had prepared for us, and shoving a huge piece of toast in her mouth.

Mom, who was sitting across from Leah at the table, grimaced. “Slow down, honey, you still got ten minutes. Besides, I’m sure Vicky won’t mind waiting for a bit.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Leah nodded in agreement and turned to me. “Are you ok, Adrian?”

I’ve been sitting in silence, looking straight ahead and barely heard her question. “Sure,” I managed to mumble. “It’s just that I have an important exam today,” I lied.

Leah nodded, absently, too focused on her food now.

Mom was already washing the dishes when I looked at the time. If I was lucky, I could talk to Vicky for a few moments before Leah went outside. Following my morning routine, I kissed Mom and Leah’s forehead, grabbed my bag from the counter, and headed outside.

Vicky wasn’t there, so I put by bag inside my car and leaned on it to wait for her. I didn’t take my eyes off her front door, except to look at my watch. Every minute seemed like an hour, which left me in a restless state. I didn’t know why I was so nervous, but even my heart was beating faster than normal.

She came out five minutes later wearing dark jeans, a gray shirt and her converse. She had her head down while she slowly walked to her car.

When the feeling that something was wrong intensified, I walked to her as fast as I could. She was already holding the keys to open her car’s door when I reached her. Startled by my sudden appearance, Vicky gasped and  her hand clutched her heart, looking up with wide eyes.

In that moment, I wanted to hit something. She had bags under her reddened eyes. It was clear she had been crying. 

“What happened?” I stepped forward, running my thumb over her cheek. Now that I was closer, I could see her eyes were swollen. She probably spent the night crying. But why? We were fine last night when we said goodbye.

Without saying a word, Vicky jumped in my arms and started sobbing with her face buried in my chest. I instantly hugged her back, not knowing what else to do. I felt powerless. I had no idea what was going on and even if I asked Vicky, she wouldn’t be able to reply until she stopped crying.

With a hand around her waist, holding her close to me, I started whispering encouraging words in her ear while I stroked her hair. “Everything is gonna be alright,” I repeated over and over again.

It didn’t take long for her sobs to subside, and even though there were still tears running down her face, she looked up at me and spoke for the first time today. “She knows, Adrian. When I came home yesterday she started asking questions about Leah and why she was home earlier and I had to tell her. I was so scared and had no idea how to begin. I could’ve said so many things, but I couldn’t think straight and…” She was rambling.

“Slow down, V. Did you tell your mom about us?” Although my thoughts were racing in my head, I asked calmly.

Vicky looked up at me and nodded, biting her lower lip. “And she wants me to break up with you!”

My blood went cold at her words and Vicky began to cry again. My arms tightened around her and I rested my chin on the top of her head. What were we going to do now?

“Where’re your mom now, V.?”

“She was sleeping when I came out,” she replied.

Relieved at hearing that, I forced myself to think. I needed to be strong for Vicky. I put my hand on Vicky’s neck and used it to tilt her head, making her look at me.

“Tell me, what happened? What did she say?” I asked. I knew for sure that I needed to talk to Rose, but I had to be prepared.

“I told her we’re in love, but she won’t believe it. She thinks you’re using me. I’m so sorry, Adrian, I swear, I tried to make her understand, but she didn’t listen to me.” She looked so sad, it broke my heart.

I was devastated as well, but I wouldn’t give up. If the problem was that she didn’t believe I was in love with Vicky, I would prove her wrong.

“Did she mention anything else?” I needed to know her reasons to forbid our relationship.

Vicky nodded. “Yeah, she said we were like brother and sister. What are we going to do, Adrian? I can’t break up with you.”

Still holding her close, I rested my forehead against hers, wiping her tears with my thumbs. “We’re going to find a way, okay? I promise. We’re upset now, but we’ll get through it,” I told her.

She faintly nodded and I kissed her. Just a tender kiss, but it held so much emotion in it. “I love you, V. I’m not giving you up,” I declared when we broke apart.

I saw the love in her eyes, but before she could reply, we heard Leah’s voice coming from behind me. “Hey, guys,” she greeted us.

I gave Vicky one last brief small smile and threw my hand around her shoulder, turning us to face my sister.

Leah was smiling, but her expression changed as soon as she saw Vicky’s face. She wasn’t crying anymore, but her eyes were still blood red.

“Hi, Leah,” I replied weakly, knowing that Vicky was too shaken to say anything.

“What happened?” She asked, her voice full of concern.

Once again, I was the one to answer. “Rose knows about us and she’s not happy. She doesn’t want us together.”

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry.” Leah launched herself at Vicky, hugging her. I took my arms off Vicky’s shoulder, taking the opportunity to think. I understood how Vicky felt talking to her mom. She wasn’t planning on telling her last night, and her fear was too strong.

That’s what was happening to me right now. My heart beat wouldn’t slow down and I was so scared of losing her that I couldn’t organize my thoughts. I had no idea what I would tell Rose; how I would convince her that Vicky and I are meant to be together.

“What are you going to do?” Leah asked us when she let go of Vicky.

I felt Vicky’s hand in mine and looked down to see her linking our fingers together. I felt my heart ache at that moment and even though I had no idea what I was going to do, I was sure that I wouldn’t let her go without a fight.

“We’re all stressed now. We need time to calm down or else we’ll do something stupid. Besides, we’re all late. We’ll talk about this later,” I told them and everybody nodded in agreement. Giving us an apologetic look, Leah walked around the car to get in the passenger’s seat.

I cupped Vicky’s cheek and kissed her forehead. We didn’t say anything else, but we knew exactly what the other was feeling.

She entered her car and I walked to my driveway to do the same.

During my classes I was barely paying attention to what was happening around me. I kept wondering what I should tell Rose. I couldn’t even decide if Vicky should be with me or if I should do this alone. I thought about asking my parents for help, but I didn’t want to bring up the fact that they knew about our relationship and didn’t tell her anything.

The more I thought, the more confused I got. This situation was killing me and I knew Vicky was suffering as well, so when my classes ended, I called my dad letting him know that I couldn’t make it to work.

When I parked the car on my driveway, I took some deep breaths. It wasn’t that I was scared of Rose, I was scared of her reaction. She had the power to break us apart. I knew Vicky told me she wouldn’t break up with me even if her mom didn’t approve of our relationship, but things are more complicated than that. She’s still a minor, and until she’s eighteen, there’s nothing we can do. 

I couldn’t stay in the car forever, so I slowly made my way to Vicky’s house and rang the bell. Vicky wouldn’t be home until after three and that gave me some time alone with her mom.

It didn’t take long for Rose to open the door, and when she did, we just stood there looking at each other for a few seconds. Her expression gave nothing away and I wondered what she was thinking. Without a word, she opened the door a bit more and stepped aside, silently inviting me in. I followed her to the living room. She sat on the chair while I chose the couch.

I looked down at my hands, knowing that I had to say something, but before I could form a sentence, Rose spoke. “I must confess, Adrian, when I talked to Vicky yesterday I didn’t think you’d come her to talk to me,” she said without any emotion.

So, she knew why I was here. She didn’t think I came here to explain myself or to apologize for dating her daughter. “Because you don’t believe I actually have feelings for her. You think I’m just using her,” I thought out loud.

She studied me for a few seconds before saying. “Are you? Using her, I mean.”

“Of course not!” I replied angrily, trying not to raise my voice.

“Adrian, she’s seventeen. She’s in high school. She needs to be with someone her own age.” Surprisingly, Rose didn’t sound angry when she said this, on the contrary, she sounded calm, almost like she was trying not to hurt my feelings. Weird, but I didn’t have time to analyze that.

I don’t think she has any idea what seventeen year old boys are looking for. There are exceptions, sure, but no one will respect and admire Vicky as much as I do. “You say I’m too old for her, but did you know that her last boyfriend tried to manipulate her to have sex with him?”

“Oliver did that?” She gasped, seeming taken aback by the news.

I nodded. “Don’t worry, nothing happened, but you see, teenagers aren’t as sweet as you think they are.”

She had her eyes wide open and I saw a few emotions crossing her face, but mainly regret and guilt. Well, it wasn’t her fault, but that proves how a teenager's mind works.

When she composed herself, she shook her head and spoke again. “Adrian, I trusted you. You were the one I called when I couldn’t be there. You were supposed to be taking care of her. You’re an adult! How could you get involved with her?”

“You think it was easy for me? I’ve always seen her like a little girl, and then suddenly, we were talking about guys who were trying to have sex with her. Every time we talked, I couldn’t stop thinking about how mature and wonderful she is. I thought about her all the time and that was freaking me out! I tried to run, I didn’t want to believe that I was actually having feelings for her, but it was too late; I was already in love.” I paused to breath and looked into Rose’s eyes, “I never planned for this to happen, but now we can’t ignore our feelings. If you really want to separate us, you have to understand that it won’t be without consequences. We can’t just pretend we never fell in love. You don’t forget a loved one so easily,” I told her, hoping that it would make her understand. I have no idea where it all came from, but it had to be said.

Again, she studied me, but the home phone ringing shook her out of her trance. “I’ll be right back,” she announced as she walked to the kitchen to answer the call.

Rose was gone for about three minutes when I heard the front door opening and closing. Vicky came in and she gasped in surprise when she saw me on her couch.

“Adrian, what are you doing here? Where’s my mom?”

“I’m talking to her about us, but she’s on the phone right now,” I explained.

She dropped her bag on the floor and rushed to the couch, crushing me in a hug. “You didn’t have to do this alone.”

I shook my head. “I had to try, V,” I responded as we ended the hug.

“And how is it going?” She asked, a hint of hope in her eyes.

I touched her cheek briefly, but let my hand fall and intertwined our fingers, bringing them to my lips and kissing the back of her hand. “I don’t know. She doesn’t seem angry, but I have no idea what she’s thinking.”

“Do you think I should go?” Vicky asked.

“That won’t be necessary.” Rose’s voice startled us both. She was leaning on the door frame with her arms crossed over her chest, probably watching our moment.

“Mom!” It was all Vicky said.

We were quiet for a few moments and it was Rose who broke the silence. “You know, Vicky, when you told me that you and Adrian were in love, I thought you were being incredibly naive.” Once again, Rose’s voice held no emotion and that was driving me crazy, but as she continued, I tried to read her poker face. “But then I saw you two together this morning before you went to school.”

“Were you spying on us?” Vicky asked. I quickly tried to remember what we did this morning. We just hugged and kissed briefly, nothing offensive.

“Of course not, honey. I didn’t know if you were already gone, so I went to search for your car,” Rose explained.

“What changed when you saw us together?” She was being very kind and she said that something changed this morning. I couldn’t take all that suspense. My heart was beating quickly in my chest in anticipation and my hands were sweating. I needed to know! I could tell that Vicky felt the same, because she didn’t even blink beside me.

“I realized that Vicky wasn’t being fooled after all. You really like her, don’t you Adrian?”

A wave of hope spread through my body and the air around me seemed to disappear as I nodded. Like wasn’t the best word to describe my feelings for Vicky. Sometimes I thought that even love wasn’t enough, but I kept my mouth shut.

Vicky was also tense beside me and I wasn’t sure if she was breathing, but we waited impatiently for Rose to continue, too afraid to say anything.

“I’m not saying that I like it, but after seeing you two together I realized that nothing I can do will keep you apart,” she finally said. “I don’t know how you let things get to this point, Adrian, but it’s too late to go back now. I just hope you know what you’re doing,” Rose added, looking at me. I knew what she was talking about. She didn’t want me to hurt Vicky, but she didn’t have to worry about that.

I was frozen in shock. Was she giving me permission to date her daughter?

Vicky, on the other hand, jumped off the couch and into her mother’s arms. “Thank you, thank you, thank you,” she kept repeating over and over. Rose laughed and hugged her back.

I stood up too, still in a daze. It was over. It was finally over. I knew I still had to prove Rose that I was good enough for Vicky, that I’d do anything for her, but as I looked at my girlfriend’s smiling face when she stepped away from her mom and came in my direction to hug me, I knew everything was worth it.

I held her close, bending my head to bury my face in her neck, breathing in her smell. I wanted to kiss her senseless but Rose was still standing in front of us, so I reluctantly let her go, taking her hand in mine.

“Thank you, Rose. I know I wasn’t honest with you, and I’m sorry about that. I should have   told you from the beginning, but it was all new to me too. I couldn’t understand why a couple of months ago I suddenly couldn’t stop thinking about Vicky. At the beginning, I wanted to spend more time with her and just talk, but as we became closer, I realized that Vicky is an amazing young woman.” It was hard to say those things to Rose and I’m sure she understood what I was implying, but I wanted her to know that I never had inappropriate thoughts about Vicky when she was younger and that Vicky wasn’t a kid in my eyes anymore.

Vicky squeezed my hand and I gave her a quick smile, but I wasn’t finished with Rose. “When I realized what was happening, my feelings were already too strong, there was no coming back. We were worried about Leah and once she knew, we were trying to find a way to tell you.” I felt the need to explain myself to Rose; she always trusted me and I felt bad for hiding my relationship with Vicky for so long.

Rose nodded slowly. “I can imagine that you were scared. People in love can’t think straight,” she replied with a hint of amusement in her eyes. I had the feeling that she was directing her speech at me, as if I was acting dumb because I was in love. I didn’t know if I should feel offended, but I took it as a good side. She was making fun of me because I’ve never been in love before, but at least she wasn’t yelling at me. “'How'd Leah take it?" She added.

It was Vicky who replied. “Better than we expected. She was a little upset that we took so long to tell her, but she knew we were happy.”

“And how long exactly is that?”

I knew that what Rose really wanted to know was how long we’ve been together. So that’s what I told her. “About a month.”

Something crossed her eyes as she nodded and looked at Vicky. I knew in that moment that it was time for me to leave. She wanted to talk to her daughter and I prayed that she wouldn’t change her mind if Vicky told her we had sex.

“I have to go now,” I announced, squeezing Vicky’s hand as I spoke.

Vicky looked at me with worry in her eyes. I think she knew what was coming, but I could do nothing about it. “I’ll escort you to the door.”

I nodded and we both walked away from her mom. When we reached the front door, Vicky opened it and I gave her one more hug and a quick kiss. “I told you everything was going to be okay,” I teased her.

She looked over her shoulder inside the house and turned to me again. “Let’s see about that. I’ll talk to you later.”

I couldn’t suppress a smile as she closed the door and I walked to my house. When I got there, Leah was in the living room waiting for me. I sat beside her on the couch, without saying anything.

“Are you telling me what happened or not?” She demanded, grimacing.

“Aren’t you nosy?” I joked, which only made her angrier. I decided to tell her the truth. “You knew I was talking to Rose, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, when I came home I saw your car, but you weren’t at the house, so I knew you were there. How did it go?” Leah asked expectantly.

I sighed. “It was stressing. I was so nervous, but I managed to say what I had to, that I wasn’t just messing with Vicky. It turns out that she saw us this morning and realized that we really did like each other and that trying to separate us wouldn’t do any good.”

Leah had a huge smile on her face. “So she’s okay with your relationship?”

“I wouldn’t say she’s happy about it, but she won’t forbid us to see each other,” I explained.

“I knew she would give in.” She kept the smile on her face. “So, how was the weekend? I didn’t see you last night.” Leah said, changing the subject and giving me a knowing smile. I remember Vicky telling me that Leah knew about her plans to have sex to me.

Wait, Leah giving me a knowing smile? What was going on, she was always too shy to talk about stuff like this! I looked at her shocked but she just laughed.

“Fine, don’t answer.” Leah said playfully, already standing up. “I’m going to do my homework now that I know you’re okay.” She kissed my cheek and headed upstairs to her room.

I wondered what Vicky and her mom were talking about. Since I had no way to find out, I decided to use my time to study.

A few hours later Vicky sent me a text saying that she would go out to have dinner with Rose. She even invited me, but I didn’t want to push my luck. I was just sad that I wouldn’t see her tonight.

In the next morning I went to college and when the classes were over, I looked for Luke to give him back the keys of the cabin, since he was nowhere to be seen yesterday. I found him in the parking lot, leaning by his car making out with a red-head. I waited, remembering when it was me doing stuff like that. It seemed like my life without Vicky were ages ago.

“So, did you have fun?” Luke asked innocently when he saw me as soon as the girl left. I handed him the keys.

Oh, he had no idea, and even though I wouldn’t talk about it with him, or anyone, I couldn’t suppress the grin that appeared on my face at the memories of the weekend.

“I see you got lucky, huh?” he said teasingly. I didn’t reply, just shook my head laughing. “The keys are yours whenever you want,” he quickly added.

“Thanks man, I really appreciate it.” Especially because I intended to accept his offer a few more times. We just needed more time for Rose to get used to the idea.

We said goodbye and I headed to my dad’s office.

At work, things were slow and it seemed like time wasn’t passing. It was the longest afternoon of my life.

Dad and I went home a bit earlier, seeing as we had nothing else to do in the office, and we all had dinner together. I told them Vicky’s mom now knew we were together and mom seemed relieved. I couldn’t blame her. After all, she was holding a secret from a friend.

As soon as we finished our meal, I was at the door. I needed to see Vicky. We usually don’t see each other every day, but now I could actually ring her bell and talk to her mother like a regular boyfriend. And that’s what I did.

“Hi Adrian,” Rose opened the door, not sounding surprised at all. “Vicky’s in her room. You can go there.”

“Thank you,” I replied walking past her.

I didn’t see that coming and it was really funny that I was happy about being allowed in my girlfriend’s room. The ironic part was that I never did that when I was a teenager, because I never had a girlfriend. I had to wait until I was twenty-two to do that!

After some moments of hesitation I knocked on the door. I wanted to surprise her, but her mother could have been watching me. Besides, she wasn’t waiting for me and I should respect he privacy.

“Come in,” she yelled from inside.

She clearly thought it was her mother on the door because when she saw me her face lit up as she called my name. She was sitting on the bed reading a book, but once she saw me she got up to hug and kiss me.

As our lips met, all my worries disappeared. She ran her fingers through my hair and I just enjoyed her touch. I let my own hands travel her body feeling her skin beneath my palms. Our tongues met, massaging each other and I couldn’t hold back a moan. I missed her so much. I needed this intimacy to keep me sane.

Unfortunately, Rose was in the house, so I ended the kiss.

“Are you okay? What did Rose say after I left?” I questioned her breathlessly.

Vicky made me lie down with her on the bed before she started answering. She put her head on my chest and finally said, “It wasn’t too bad. She basically asked me if I was sure about you and if we had sex,” she said nonchalantly.

If I were eating I would have choked. “What did you tell her?” I asked.

“The truth, she already knew it was a possibility. She just wanted to make sure I was on the pill and that you didn’t force me or something, but I told her I went to the doctor. She’s not upset, she just wanted to make sure I’m alright,” Vicky explained. “And she knows we were alone in the cabin.”

“Oh hell, how am I supposed to face her now?” I was kind of ashamed of taking Vicky. Well, what’s done is done.

“Don’t worry, boyfriend, she just laughed when I told her. She said she knew from the moment I told her about us.

I nodded, even though she couldn’t see me. “Anything else?”

“She asked what we’re going to do in a few months when I go to college.” I could hear the worry in her voice. This time I looked down at her and she was staring at me with those big brown eyes that I love so much filled with uncertainty.

“What did you tell her?”

“That we haven’t talked about it.”

“We don’t have to worry about this yet, V., we don’t even know if you’re really going away. You could go to college here, like me, or if the college you choose isn’t too far we could see each other every weekend. There are so many possibilities, let’s not stress over this now,”  I pleaded.

The truth was that I was terrified. I didn’t say anything to anyone, but I wanted to get my own place after my graduation, so if Vicky goes to a city nearby, I can find an apartment close to the campus, but there’s no guarantee. Until I had something more concrete I wouldn’t bring up this subject, especially because I was going to accept a huge position at my father’s company, unless, of course, that I have to move because of Vicky. In this case, I would have to talk to my dad and let him know I couldn’t be away from her.

“You’re right. I hope I can be accepted here, though. It’s a good college and I would be able to stay here with you,” she told me and I smiled, bending my head to kiss her lips.

We kissed for a long time, but I didn’t want to do anything in her room, knowing her mother was home, so we just held each other for a while.

“So, I guess all of our problems are solved,” Vicky stated.

“For now,” I replied.

“Yeah, for now,” she agreed, “But we’re going to live a perfect life for the next few months,” she added.

“Yes, we are,” I told her and kissed her again.

A/N: Not, it’s not the end of the story. Lol.

What did you think? Please let me know! Also, don’t forget to vote!

Guys, thank you so much for all the comments on last chapter! I laughed so much. :)

Now, I wanted to take some time to recommend my favorite stories here on Wattpad. I seriously think they deserve more attention.

1 - “Oh, It’s You Again”, by silverangelwings12. I’m so excited about her story! I can’t wait to see what’s going to happen in the next chapters.

2 – “Where You Aren’t” and its sequel “The First Star” by rperna176. They are amazing! She’s always surprising us and the relationship between the main characters are so unique; I'm in love with their story! 

3 – “No Exceptions” by arose13. I love the plot and her descriptions are great! Not to mention the chemistry between the boy and the girl. 

If I were you, I’d go to my library right now to get the links and check them out. ;)

For those of you who asked me to read your story, I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time. I'm really sorry about that.

Again, thank you all for your support!

Claudia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 64 34
Luna is a junior in high school who's mom took off when she was a little girl. Her dad works a lot so she takes care of her self which often gets her...
471K 12K 21
Blair Lucia Mason is 17 years old werewolf. She is outgoing, fearless and the daughter of a powerful alpha, Blane Mason of the Shadow Howlers Pack. A...
28.7M 879K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
242K 4.6K 20
Almost 16 year old Leah expectantly excited for her birthday. Her Sixteenth birthday is special, its when she can look for her mate. She's Nice, Pret...