Chapter 34

Hey guys,

Please don't be mad at Vicky! She didn't listen to Adrian because she thought his plans would ruin his career and disappoint his family...

Edited by silverangelwings 12. Thank you, girl, you're just awesome!

Well, that's it. Sorry for the wait.

I hope you like it...

Chapter 34

Leah

From the moment Adrian told me what happened I knew that something was wrong. The story didn't seem to fit. He told me Vicky didn't want him to go to Chicago with her, but hadn't explained why. Adrian seemed to believe that she didn't want to be with her, but anyone who watched them together for the last seven months knows how stupid that sounds. Vicky's crazy about Adrian. I know for a fact that she loves him and doesn't want to be apart from him. I was there when she got the letter from Chicago. I even read it to her and her first reaction was to try to reject the scholarship, but she knew her mom and Adrian just wouldn't let her. She was desperate to find a way to be with him, so why tell him she didn't want him to go when it was clear that it was all that she wanted?

If I didn't know her so well, I would be really pissed right now. I don't usually swear, but damn, if this wasn't a good occasion to start then I don't know when. The girl sneaked into my brother's heart like no one else before her did and now just wants to run away when there's a problem ahead?

The thing is, I know her. Too well. Vicky needs Adrian as much as he needs her. It's not like they weren't happy before they started dating, but any stranger who sat beside them for about three minutes could see how they are together. Sometimes they just lose contact with the rest of the world and share long conversations with their eyes. It's not hard to see how their faces lit up when they talk about the other or how they miss each other when a few hours passes without some kind of communication. I don't think they realize how Adrian's hand always finds Vicky's when they're paying attention to what people are taking or when they're watching a movie.

The point is, she's not the kind of girl to look for freedom. She would never give Adrian up to act like a reckless teenager in college. No. There's something she's not telling. I know it because I share something similar with Max. I know every relationship has its particularities, but the feeling that we have to look after our beloveds is always there.

So, even if she had spoken the words I wouldn't have listened. She's not trying to get rid of Adrian, she's trying to protect him.

I don't know exactly what's on her mind. Maybe she thinks he belongs here, working with dad; maybe she's having a crisis of low self-steam and thinks that Adrian's better off without her.

The reason doesn't really matter, but I know it's something along that lines. I would probably think about something like that if it was happening to me and Max. She just missed one thing.

Adrian doesn't want that. He doesn't want to move on with his life if she's not going to be there with him.

God, how can she not see it! It's even worse because he thinks she doesn't want to be with him. He's like a zombie right now. Since he arrived home after their break up, he doesn't talk much, eat even less and even though he's trying not to show, he's hurting. A lot.

I tried to talk to him, but didn't really know what to say. I knew Vicky's intentions, but didn't want to say anything before I talked to her.

And that was another problem. After I talked to Adrian that first night, I went to her place, but her mom told me she didn't want to talk. I texted her thousands of times, but I never got a reply.