Gray Wolf Ranch

By moudenes

The Marshall brothers, four country boys with a passion for hospitality, have finally achieved their dream of... More

Chapter 1 - Golf Cart
Chapter 2 - Checking In
Chapter 3 - Tribe Names
Chapter 4 - Dog Walk
Chapter 5 - Clean Slate
Chapter 6 - Farm Help
Chapter 7 - Campsite Permits
Chapter 8 - Entertainment Team
Chapter 9 - Out There
Chapter 10 - Not a Good Day
Chapter 11 - Not a Child
Chapter 12 - Nightmares
Chapter 13 - Unwelcome Guest
Chapter 14 - Truths
Chapter 15 - Appointments
Chapter 16 - Worries
Chapter 17 - Relief
Chapter 18 - Disappointment
Chapter 19 - Realization
Chapter 20 - Distraction
Chapter 21 - Hair
Chapter 22 - Loss
Chapter 23 - Dreams
Chapter 24 - Trail Ride
Chapter 25 - An Adventure
Chapter 26 - Secrets and Truths
Chapter 27 - Finding Out
Chapter 28 - Back to Life
Chapter 29 - News
Chapter 30 - Country Boy
Chapter 31 - Wolf
Chapter 32 - We Meet Again
Chapter 33 - Phone
Chapter 34 - Camping
Chapter 35 - Memories
Chapter 36 - Together Again
Chapter 37 - Mingan
Chapter 38 - Moving Out
Chapter 40 - Michelle
Chapter 41 - A Letter
Chapter 42 - Picnic
Chapter 43 - The Opening
Chapter 44 - A Night to Remember
Chapter 45 - Anahu

Chapter 39 - Josh

2.6K 172 7
By moudenes

ISTU

My heart makes somersaults in my chest at Josh's sight.

"Josh, what are you doing here? When did you get here?"

"Just this morning. I found a place here in the valley to start the brewery. At the other side of the mountain, across the river. I spotted the place during the trail ride I did with Kitchi a few months ago."

"Are you buying the grounds?" I ask.

"I just did," he shows us the thick envelope in his hand.

"That is great! Oh, where are my manners? Josh, you have met them before informally, but these are my brothers: Rowtag, Huritt, and Chris."

Chris' face shows surprise at the introduction. He might be Kitchi's best friend, but he's also an important person in my life. His advice helped me to rebuild my relationship with Josh.

"I will introduce you to the rest of the family later. Do you want to take a walk?" I ask, and he nods.

I still can't believe he is here. We head outside, and I feel like I'm dreaming.

"Can I kiss you?" The eagerness in his voice is charming. "You probably didn't want me to do it in front of your brothers."

I cup his face and give him a soft kiss. We stand in the middle of the path, and people walk around. Nobody seems to care, me neither.

"My family knows of my feelings for you. My mother doesn't know it yet, and I don't think I will tell her unless it's necessary. She will probably stop talking to me, not that she communicates with me anymore," I chuckle.

"I don't want to get you in trouble with anyone."

"Trust me, she makes enough trouble for everybody."

"I have missed you," he caresses my face.

"I've missed you too. Now, tell me about your plans."

"I have a solid business plan, financing and the grounds. Now I need to find contractors to build the brewery."

"Rowtag can help you there. He has a good relationship with the firm that built the ranch. They are based here in the valley."

"Good to hear. I want everything to be locally sourced as much as possible. I will also employ people from the area."

"Once you are up and running, we can even bring guests on tours like we do with the vineyard. Maybe some beer tasting."

"I would definitely like that. I can easily set up a bar in the brewery."

"And I will be glad to stock inventory at the ranch's supermarket."

"Aren't you the sweetest?" His fingers brush against my jaw. "I also have plans to build a house on the premises."

"You will live here? In the valley?"

"The commute from the city isn't convenient. I will set a trailer and see how long I last."

"I lived in a trailer with Kitchi and Hunter for nine months. It was a necessary evil, but it helped us to keep an eye on everything. I was even using it as an office and conducted most of the initial interviews from there."

"I'm thinking about doing the same."

"And what about your parents? Didn't your dad want you to follow his steps?"

"Not anymore. He finally understands I want to make a name for myself. I've told you before how much I love microbrewing. The beer is refined and almost exclusive. Becoming rich isn't the primary goal here, I want to feel happy about what I do."

"That is how we felt about the ranch as a project. But aren't you going to miss your parents?"

"As we speak, they are looking at a few houses with a realtor here in the valley. Mom fell in love with the place, and Dad loves pleasing her."

"It's great you will have them close. Josh... Do they know-?"

"About my preferences? Yes, they do. Dad still finds it odd but has learned to live with it. I've told them about you and how much you mean to me."

"Hey, Istu!"

I feel a moment of hesitation at my Dad's voice.

"I'm heading home to have lunch. Did you eat already?"

"No, but I will pass this time," I look at Josh who has a curious face. "Josh, this is my father, Joe."

"So, you are the man who stole Istu's heart?" He asks and I feel my cheeks turning warm.

"He stole mine as well. Since the first time we met," Josh smiles at me warmly.

"Take good care of my boy, okay?" Dad pats Josh's arm and continues walking towards the main building.

"Why is your dad wearing a uniform?" Josh asks.

"He is the newest farmhand. Long story short, Mom caught him cheating, and he got fired. We need help while Kit and Chris recover and he grew up in a farm. He seems to enjoy going back to a simpler life."

"He also seems accepting of us."

"I was terrified of telling him, but he didn't make a big deal. Dad has lived a loveless marriage. Seeing his children with people who care about them means a lot to him."

"Once your brother and Chris return to work full time, do you think your father might be interested in working at the brewery? I will need someone with operation management skills."

"I will let him know and see if he's interested."

Josh's handsome face and gentle eyes draw me to him as I place a hand on his waist.

"What is it?" He whispers.

"I can't believe you are here. We haven't spoken in a week. I didn't think anything was wrong, but this was the situation I least expected."

"I've been running around trying to get the deal rolling. I want a stable future with you and I need to do things right."

"You want a future with me?"

"I know that you are getting used to the idea of dating a man. I can tell you, Isaac, that at times it's not going to be easy. Your family is exceptional, and it is a relief that they accept me. I see a future for us together; living at the house next to the brewery and you working at the ranch. Spending rainy evenings sitting on our porch with your silly dog. Just like on the night when we met."

I look at the ground and don't know what to think... Say... Feel. Josh tips my chin to look at him.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"No, it's not that. I still feel as if I don't deserve your kindness and plans."

"Isaac, we have all the time to get to know each other and redeem ourselves. I was also at fault when I pushed myself into your life at the wrong moment. I have already forgiven you for whatever you said when you were not yourself."

"I feel so lucky to have you."

I put my arms around his slim waist and place my head on his chest. He embraces me and places a small kiss at the top of my head.

"I love you, Isaac. Maybe it's too soon for you to feel the same way, but I wanted you to know it."

"I only hope this isn't a dream. Waking up to reality would suck. Why don't we head back and I can introduce you to my grandmother and Kitchi when he comes home?"

"How's your brother doing?"

"Much better. He needs less medication, and after a good nap, he feels well and energized. I went with him to his latest appointment and the doctor said he's almost ready to resume his daily routine. He has a special friendship with a woman who has his same type of brain injury and she's visiting tomorrow."

"I bet he is excited."

"He definitely is. Huritt teased him, and Kitchi threatened him with a punch. That's the clear sign he is looking forward to it, but wants to appear all macho to everyone. Monique, that's his friend, used to be a doctor before her skiing accident, and her knowledge and skills are still intact. She wants to test her abilities at the First Aid post and depending on how she feels she might start a private practice around here and live with him."

"Your family keeps growing."

"Well, it's now your family," I say, and he grins.

We walk upstairs again and find Grandma busy in the kitchen.

"Are you boys hungry? The rest is at the back deck. We need to enjoy the sun today. They expect raining from tomorrow on, and who knows how long it will last."

I don't dare to tell Grandma that we can find out how long the rain will last online and instead, I give Josh a small push forward since he seems to have gone shy.

"Grandma, this is my Josh."

"Look how handsome you are!" She says, making Josh blush deeply.

"Will you stop flirting with my boyfriend?"

Her eyes and smile get wider. She comes around the kitchen counter and grabs me in a hard hug, then cups my face and looks into my eyes.

"You deserve this. Be happy and forget about everything else. Now, who's in for some food?"

"So... Boyfriend?" Josh asks as he and I fill two plates.

We then head outside to join our family who at our sight give us silly grins.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 299 52
For Caleb Bishop, family is everything. He takes over the responsibility of running his pack with this ideal foremost in mind, putting his commitment...
4M 141K 70
(Update: 2/25/19- This story was original called Alphas Red. Noticing there is so much to be added to this novel. I've decided to make it into a seri...
15.9K 1.1K 23
What happens when an asexual werewolf falls in love with a sex-crazed human? Jesse Calaway is struggling to keep his sex addiction under control, but...
97.9K 2.8K 49
(Highest ranking #1 in lust 💗💗💗) A man walked towards my mate as he called out to her. "Who's that" I whispered. "Oh that ..... that would be my h...