Mr. CEO [ON HOLD]

By aestheticvxbes

"Name" He barked still not bothering to even look at me. "Delilah" I whispered. Why am I whispering? I cou... More

Authors Note
The Bus {1}
McKinley Enterprises {2}
I'm Not Deaf {3}
Uncle {4}
No Walls {5}
Coffee's {6}
Green Eyes {7}
Lunch Break {8}
Le Bistro Mericourt {9}
Why? {10}
Money {11}
Lost {12}
Friends {13}
Work {14}
Personal Assistant {15}
My Office {16}
Makeover {17}
Makeover Pt. 2 {18}
Drunk {20}
SHOT SHOT SHOTS! {21}
Boss Man {22}
Kidnapped? {23}
Get Out {24}
Sleeping On The Job {25}
Not Paid to Wonder {26}
Chiseled Jaw & Pink Lips {27}
Ex's & Ohs {28}
Kiss Me, Touch Me {29}
Roommates {30}
Birthday Boy {31}
R.E.S.P.E.C.T {32}
Whose This? {33}
Trapped In a Lie {34}
Pretend Girlfriend {35}
Keeping Up The Act {36}
Late Night Calls {37}
Punishment {38}
Pretend Not To Hate Me {39}
Dinner Dilemmas {40}
One Month Later {41}
No More Busses {42}
I Miss You {43}
Boner From My Boss {44}
Compromises {45}
Seaside Points {46}
Buckets & Towels {47}
Stay With Me {48}
Surprise Guest {49}
You're Late {50}
I Want You {51}
Don't Be Mad {52}
Unraveling Finn Trate {53}
Rise and Shine {54}
Jealousy {55}
Blueballs {56}
Preperations {57}
Say Yes To The Dress {58}
The Charity Gala {59}
The Charity Gala Pt. 2 {60}
The Charity Gala Pt. 3 {61}
Dolphin {62}
Be Alright {63}
Aerophobia {64}
Skinny Love {65}
Choices {66}
Steps in The Right Direction {67}
Fellatio {68}
Secrets and Lies {69}
Just Keep Swimming {70}
Pop The Cherry {71}
A Different Perspective Pt. 1 {72}
A Different Perspective Pt. 2 {73}
Let's Talk {74}
Cake By The Ocean {75}
Rumors {76}
Handle This {77}
This is the Life {78}
Coming Home {79}
Author Note

Touché {19}

398K 14.6K 4.4K
By aestheticvxbes

The person turned around and I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that it was Clyde my landlord's son.

"Jesus Delilah my ear" Clyde deep voice said

"Well that's what happens when you come into someone's home without warning them"

"I did warn you I called you 3 times." looking down I realized that I forgot to save his number into my new phone.

"Wow you look too beautiful to just stay at home. What do you say to maybe watching a movie with me?"

Ever since I moved here Clyde has been trying to go out with me. Every time he asked I would always tell him no.

"Sorry Clyde I can't I have somewhere to go" I said hoping he would get the hint.

Unfortunately he didn't and he continued to pry,"Where are you going?"

"It's just a little party for my friend. " I said telling him a complete lie in hopes of him leaving so that I could change.

"Oh well I have fun. But the main reason why I came here was to tell you that you need to pay your rent. Delilah your a nice girl and everything but I can't keep extending the date. My dad's being real difficult now. He says he needs the money by the end of this month."

"Ok I will have the money by next week Friday. Which is May 18." I was going to get paid from Mr McKinley on that day and I would drop the money off right after work.

"Alright good"

"Thank you Clyde I wouldn't even have a place to stay if it wasn't for you."

"No problem Delilah. You know I will always help you if I can"

With a slight hug, Clyde walked out the door and I rushed into my room to put on the dress. I was glad that the dress could be put on by zipping it up, since I didn't want to mess up my hair.

Searching through my drawers I found an old container of white nail polish and quickly going over my toes with it I let it air dry as I packed up my clutch.

I placed my nail polish, phone, random pens, some money, my portable charger that I received from Mr McKinley, my lipstick and powder before shutting the clutch shut.

I hobbled over in an attempt not to smudge my nail polish and I found the earrings that my uncle gave me. They were diamond drop earrings and were the most expensive thing I owned.

Placing those into my ear I fanned my face with my paper fan so I that I wouldn't sweat of my makeup. Checking my toes I saw that they were dry and I sprayed some perfume on myself before slipping on my shoes and grabbing my bag.

I pulled my ringing phone out of my clutch and I saw an unknown number ringing. The voice of Nate greeted me and I was surprised to find that he was here. Taking a couple of sips of water to cool me down I locked my door before placing my keys into my bag as I carefully walked to the black car being careful not to trip on any stones.

I was disappointed to find that Mr McKinley wasn't in the car. Seeing my face, Nate said, "Mr McKinley got caught up doing something. He will meet us there."

Settling into the car I had a feeling it was going to be a long drive. Pulling out my phone I got ready to play my secret addiction, Candy Crush. After playing for a couple of minutes I received a text from Mr McKinley.

It read, Are you inside the car?

I typed back, Yes

Almost automatically a response came back, What happened to the 'yes sir' and 'no sir'

I didn't feel like saying 'sir' over text

Oh and what made you decide that. This boss was a lot better than my usual strict boss.

With a smile I typed, After a long day of pampering, I feel as though today I can have a break from the professionalism.

Did you have fun?

Yes I did. Thank you. Portia is amazing. I complimented

Glad you liked it. That's why they call her the best of the best.

You really didn't have to hire the 'best of the best'

Yes I did. You need to accept gifts Ms Suren

If you could calm your speedy fingers you would know that I wasn't finished. I would have accepted the second best of the best as well. I explained.

I don't know what made me soo brave over text. I would have never said that to his face.

Don't grow arrogant on me.

Me? Arrogant? Never. Besides you have already claimed that throne.

I have? Explain how

I would explain but I still want to keep this job.

That bad huh?

Mr McKinley don't grow sensitive on me. I said as I used his words against him. This was fun.

Touche, Touche

Exiting back into my game I played it for a while till I got tired of it.

Leaning over to the front I asked, "How much farther Nate?"

"Roughly 15 minutes Ms Suren"

"Please call me Delilah. I hear enough of that from Mr McKinley"

Giving a light laugh Nate continued driving and I sat back in the seat as I basked in the air conditioning of the car.

Checking my makeup I saw that my lipstick was fading a little and I made a mental note to reapply when we were five minutes away.

"Nate if it's not too much could you warn me when we are five minutes away please"

"Yes of course Ms Delilah" Smiling slightly I had a feeling that Nate could never be unprofessional with me. Ms Delilah is better than Ms Suren.

Pulling out my phone I went into the Internet and before I knew what was happening I had searched up Ian McKinley into Google.

The only things that came up was how he was attending the banquet today and how his business was booming. There was an article about how he was one of the most successful CEO's that were under 30 years old.

I was surprised to find out that Mr. McKinley was only 26 years old. I never thought about his age but I always assumed he was at least 30 and older.

How did he get so much success at such a young age. Scrolling down I found an article that was titled 10 Most Eligible Bachelors.

Feeling curious I clicked on it and Mr McKinley was eligible bachelor number 2. The picture that they put was breathtaking.

Mr McKinley's dark brown eyes were staring intently at the camera and I could see his long eyelashes that framed his eyes. His eyebrows and hair was thick. His skin was smooth and tan. Looking at the picture I noticed how defined his cheekbones were and his pink lips were pursed into his face.

Going back to Google I found myself typing in Ian McKinley girlfriend. I found numerous pictures of him with many females but none that he seemed to be intimate with.

"Ms Delilah we are five minutes away"

Jumping in my seat slightly I exited the Internet and hoped that Nate didn't see me. I looked through my clutch for my lipstick. Using my phone as a mirror I double checked my makeup again as a reapplied my lipstick.

I fluffed my hair and placed everything back in my bag I looked out my windows and was surprised to see that we passed a sign that said Chicago Hotels.

"Nate is the banquet at a hotel?"

"No Ms Delilah"

"Then why are we driving towards a hotel?"

"We are meeting Mr McKinley there because you can't show up to the banquet with this car. He has another car that will take you to the banquet hall."

I couldn't understand what was wrong with this car. It was sleek and expensive looking too. As we pulled up to the hotel I saw Mr McKinley standing in front of the hotel. I hated to admit it but my boss was hot. He was wearing a three piece dark blue suit.

His hands were tucked into his pant pocket and his dark hair was combed back. His eyes were trained on the car as we pulled up in front of him. Nate got out of the car before he opened my door for me.

Putting my clutch under my arm I put my legs out of the car first before accepting the hand that Nate held out to me. Standing up I walked over towards Mr McKinley while I felt his dark eyes glazing over my body more than once.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 64.8K 40
"Ian? Please. Why are you not answering me?" Lisa shouted raising her voice to probably gain his attention. "You want to know the truth?" Ian replied...
496K 18.2K 26
*No one messes with fire and goes unburnt.* "Twenty four hours is my most generous offer to you." He says with no trace of pity in his tone. Her eyes...
270K 7.5K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
4.6M 170K 46
Highest- #2 in Romance "Aren't you a feisty little thing?" He chuckled. I stopped breathing at the close proximity, my knees turning to jelly. I lean...