In The Fastlane

By meredithmnash

After living a tedious and monotonous life growing up all she wanted was fun. Fun like getting drunk several... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Character Analysis
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 32

62 6 2
By meredithmnash

Chapter 32

*Niall's P.O.V*

"Horan, get out of bed before I have to use forceful methods!" I heard Liam call from the main living area. It wasn't a house you would normally imagine we have been living in a tour bus for our European tour. It has been exactly 3 weeks away from Sydney and the rest of London in all its glory. It hasn't been complete hell but I missed her bunches. More importantly, I rarely ever heard from her. Whenever I left a phone call from her cellphone she would never answer nor any text messages. Whenever she did call it was from a telephone booth number. The all start with 401 so it was obvious. I didn't bring the matter to her attention, for sure she would exclaim some excuse to why she was using those phones. Zayn tried to convince me that she probably dropped her phone in the loo and she was to embarrassed to tell me. I guess that sounds like Syd.

"Five more minutes," I bargained switching sides to face the wall. I felt vibrations from the bus's movement in the wall. In some way it was soothing but I would be lying if I didn't say I got serious sickness from this bus. Not even the physical kind. Being alone with four boys caused quite a temperamental in my life at times. Harry and Louis didn't talk to me much unless Liam was with me. I mostly hung out in the bedroom, caught up on sleep and such. Being on tour and having concerts every evening was truly exhausting.

"Niall, Harry's making food." He coaxed placing his hand on my mid back. I slapped it away groaning loudly.

"Let him burn it. He'll probably poison mine anyway."

"You're overreacting," Liam spoke turning myself around. I rubbed my eyes with my thumb then swinging my legs over the side. Liam shuffled out of the way so I could hop onto the floor. I searched for some basketball shorts around the room and finally dressed myself. Liam was pleased and led me into the kitchen.

"Glad to see you're alive," Zayn joked switching through some channels as he cradled a bowl of cereal. Harry and Louis played a game of chess on the pull out table. Of course Louis was in hysterics about the fact Harry was beating him.

"I thought you said Harry was cooking," I pouted.

"Well, now you can cook unpoisonos food for yourself," Liam jeered patting my back and sitting on the couch next to Zayn.

"Huh?" Harry quizzed dipping his head out of concentration from the chess.

"Nothing," I waved my hand away walking into the kitchen. I yawned again opening up the cupboard and pulling out a granola bar. I glanced at the time seeing it was almost 4 o clock in the afternoon. I grabbed my cell phone off the counter and scrolled through my twitter seeing several mentions.

The usual 'Follow me!!!!!' or 'Will you have my babies?'

It's quite humerous how thats defined as the usual. I followed a few people letting a smile come to my lips as I see those girls tweeting for their dear life on how I followed them.

'Can't wait for my next show in Paris x'

I scrolled through Harry's profile seeing Abbey tweeting contstantly all over. I assume Harry had no choice but to retweet them. That bitch would probably hold him at his will.

'Miss my boyyyyyssss @onedirection'

'1 month and 1 week in counting ;) @harrystyles'

I almost gagged at the thought Harry even had the patience to read those putrid words. Her profile picture wasn't easy on the eyes either. She was leaning down towards the camera, her chest on full show. How much dignity can a girl lack? Her hair was pulled up tightly in a bun with a massive amount of make up plastered on her cheeks. Her smile was malicious and overly facade.

"Whats with the long face?" Zayn inquired leaning over to look at my view. "Stalking Haz's twittah?"

"Mind your own business," I snapped pulling my phone away from him.

"Someones a little tightly strung," Harry whistled from the corner.

"No one asked you," I retorted standing up from my earleir position and storming into my bedroom. I climbed up the latter and laid on the bunk. I reopened twitter and clicked on Sydney's twitter. Her profile picture was sweet, but she hadn't changed it since nearly three months ago. She had a winter coat on and mittens as snow fell on her cheeks. To say the least she was gorgeous.

'Love you my little penguins. But your shit smells like well...shit'

That was the last thing she updated which was nearly 3 weeks ago. About the same time when we left.

'Running on a treadmill has become a whole new concept. @NiallHoran'

I chuckld at this and smiled lighlty before tweeting one more thing.

'What rock have you been hiding under? You're missing all the drama @SydMartin'

I turned off my cellphone before placing it on my chest. Nearly seconds later my phone began to buzz. I sadly just saw my Mum's face come upon the screen. I was hoping it would be Syd calling.

"Hey Mum," I spoke through the phone.

"Darling! How are you?"

"Good, everthings good."

"Great! Greg has great news! But I just couldn't wait to tell you." She jeered. She was overly excited. To be honest, I missed my Mum, loads. But I was older now. I would be twenty next year and I didn't need her as much as she thought.

"Well spill it!"

"He just asked Denise to marry him!"

"And she said?"

"Yes, of course!"

"Thats great! I"m so happy for him. Tell him I say that. Well I have to go Mum. We're going to be heading to our next concert sooner or later."

"Alright, Niall. I love you so much. Call me when you can."

"I will, buh bye."

"Bye, sweet heart." I shut the phone off before dialing Sydney's number faster then my hands would allow me too.

The same thing came to me.

Nothing.

Just her plain voicemail. I threw my phone against the wall in anger and went back to where all the boys sat in silence. Apparently they must've heard my little melt down.

"Whats wrong, Niall? Miss Perfect hasn't answered you're calls?" Harry smirked.

"I don't need this right now," I mumbled sitting in the chair in the corner of the room. I curled up my legs and crossed my arms in my lap. I didn't completely realized how attatched I had become until now.

"Maybe her phone ran out of minutes. I mean she must be on there for hours," He spoke.

"What the fuck are you blabbing about now?"

"I mean, she probably runs a sex line while she's at it," He shrugged sitting down on the couch next to Zayn. Louis stayed quiet in the corner of the room while sipping his juice. As well as the other boys who kept their heads low in their phones.

"She probably just lost her phone," I grumbled.

"That's what she wants you to think. She's probably giving a man a blow job right at this moment," Harry taunted. "Or maybe shes at a bar flaunting around some money to get picked up by a guy. Either one would be understandable." Harry continued to think of useless things to piss me off. I was hitting my limit. I slammed my foot on the ground turning to him swiftly.

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP." I yelped pressing my hands to my ears. "Do you not understand I'm fucking hurting right now? Do you not understand I miss her like crazy and that even though I know your miniscule size head can't comprehend the fact shes not a prositute, I care about her and she means everything to me? No. Because you never will. You don't get that Abbey hates her. Hates her to the very core and will set up anything and everything to make her life miserable? When have you ever come to realize she hasn't done anything but stick by my side at the bars. Has she ever left with anyone else? No. Because she doesn't. For fuck's sake the only other boy she's ever had sex with besides me was Abbey's fucking brother! She did that because she didn't want to get hurt! She doesn't set up useless booty calls to pleasure herself, he did! Would you like me to get you a condom? I mean your already a dick so you better start dressing like one." I finished my rant and was already out of breath. Louis was staring at me; mouth agape before his drink clattered to the floor.

"I-I was just trying to protect you," Harry gulps looking down at the floor.

"Well you have a funny way of doing it," I whispered harshly. I got up yet again before exiting the room. I heard all the boys whispering beyond the bedroom door. Someone in there was obviously crying and there was no doubts it was Harry. I was beyond caring. He finally got what he needed. I wasn't expecting him to believe me, but I got my point straight. I spent the rest of the afternoon laying silently in bed trying to hope I could see Sydney soon.

Authors Note:

Wow that was harsh. It was fun to write Niall yelling at Harry though. Harry is a complete dick in this story. But don't worry; the climax is yet to come.

Remember 10 votes and 5 comments and I'll post a new chapter.

Also I've decided my official posting days to be Wednesday and Sunday even though I'm posting this on a Friday. x

-Meredith

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 192 60
Who are we? They haven't met in person. They live on different sides of the country. He lives in New Jersey. She lives in California. He s...
1.2K 151 25
*(COMPLETED) "The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth." He bit his lip. "I wanted to te-" His eyes began to water...
115 0 15
Madison thought she had hit the lottery meeting the guy of her dreams and quickly all her friends could tell that she was young and in love. This dr...
1.4K 171 36
Christina has had her life figured out for as long as she could remember. The plan was always to get into Harvard and become a journalist. So what if...