Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

*Sydney's P.O.V*

"Go! Go! Go!" I bellowed towards the on moving television screen. The miniature carts spinning recklessly in front of my two eyes. I pounced around pattering my feet against the hardwood floor. "Come on!" I repeated my screams echoing throughout my apartment.

"No," I whined slumping down onto my sofa. I grasped onto the back of my fuzzy socks sliding them off the base of my foot and launching them at the flashing 'You Lose' on the television.

"Not the only thing I lost, you little bitch!" I cussed turning off the tele with my remote and sighing in defeat as I plummeted to the soft couch. I propped my bare feet on top of my coffee table glancing at the picture of me and Amanda. Her dark brown hair water falling over her shoulders as she suffocated the living daylights out of me. Bikini's hugged our bodies, standing before the water. My bland brunette hair and blue eyes looked banal compared to her incredible body. I smiled gently leaning my chin on the palm of my hand. Right before I was about to rise from the comfortable position on the sofa the phone began to ring. I leaned over towards the ringing and picked it up swiftly.

"Speak of the devil," I joked.

"Nice to see you're speaking about your best friend. What have you been doing? Living under a rock?" She retaliated.

"Nah, just catching up a bit on my running." I skipped into the kitchen scanning the contents inside the fridge.

"You mean playing more video games?"

"You know me so well," I sneered biting into my apple.

"Any who, are you going clubbing tonight with Kailey & Abbey?" She inquired.

Amanda was always the sweet yet timid girl. The outsider. She was the last of our group to join seeing after college we clicked through track. I had been friends with Abbey & Kailey since grade school, but Amanda just fit. We were all 5 pea's in a pod, if that makes any sense. They pulled me up when I was down whatever the predicament was.

And trust me, there was multitudes of them.

But, Amanda being timid she usually didn't go out with the girls unless I was accompanied them. I was joining them more often after the break up. I had more time to enjoy girl weekends and clubbing. I guess being single helped me feel free. It took me a while to realize that fact but when I did it was completely worth it.

"Don't worry, I'll be there." I reassured swinging into the hallway towards my bedroom. I almost tripped over a spare pillow on the way. I wasn't the cleanest person in the world. But who needs to clean up when you're living alone?

"Thanks, Syd. I'll meet you there then."

"See you later," I saluted opening up my closet. I tossed the phone onto my duvet hearing the loud clash of my laptop as the plastic hit. I winced at the sound turning around slowly to make sure my laptop was okay.

"What on earth am I going to wear," I sighed popping my hip out on a side. I placed my forearm against my side, the other scrolling through the countless number of hangers. After minutes of pondering I set a side a appropriate dress to party in. I grabbed some matching heels and set them on my bathroom counter to shower.

****

"Sydney Martin." I stated flashing the bouncer my I.D. I could hear the loud booming of the obnoxious music inside the club. At least they had good drinks. Other twenty year old's craned their necks behind me to see when they were able to get in. Luckily, I was fortunate enough to have a V.I.P. pass in order to get in quicker.

See, Abbey was always well off. Even as a child she grew up knowing nothing other than cute clothing and luscious food. Her father donated a voluminous amount of money to her college fund leaving her extra 'spending money'. Basically she uses it on her friends to retrieve the good spots in bars or restaurants.

No complaints there.

Overall, because of Abbey I had met paramour, maroon 5, attended several concerts in the time span of meeting her, and ate at the most luxurious area's. I didn't need it, I certaintly didn't use her for it, but I mean who could complain about a bit more luxury.

I entered the club keeping my balance as I glided towards the table where all my friends were chatting and enjoying each others companies.

"Ah there she is," Abbey waved over towards me. I squished in between the wall and Sydney giving her a warming smile. I dropped my clutch next to my thigh that was near death struggling against the hard wall.

"Find any cute boys on your way here?" Kailey mocked taking a big gulp of her alcoholic drink.

"Your cute," I joked with a sarcastic smile.

We continued to chat until some of us got bored and decided to join the dance floor. I wasn't much of a dancer but a drunk Sydney & Amanda knew how to make anything fun. We flailed our arms as we moved our bodies, sweaty or not I was sure many guys were giving us stares.

Either out of lust or craziness, probably the second one.

"Can I buy you a drink?" A voice rasped at me from behind.

"No thank you." I shrugged off the older man obviously flirting with me.

"Suit yourself," He made his way over towards where Kailey and Abbey were talking with the bartender.

"What a cougar," I uttered slurring my voice a bit. Amanda was more hung over than me and I knew I would be driving her home and dragging her into bed like every other day we went clubbing.

We partied a lot, whether it was for an event for Abbey or just going out with the girls we were partying. I liked it that way, we were distracted from the bad things that circulated life and only worried about what was happening right there and then.

Like my mother said, its my life and I can lead it the way I command it too.