Fate Smiles on My Alpha (Book...

Від JosephineCastillo-Nu

Just when he thought he had the most out of his life - a career as a doctor and alpha lupus to a strong pack... Більше

Fate Smiles on My Alpha
Chapter 1- New Beginnings
Chapter 2 -Fight for your Life
Chapter 3 -To Know You is to Love You
Chapter 4 - Wide Awake
Chapter 5 - Three for the Love of One
Chapter 6 - Homeward Bound
Chapter 7 - The Lake House
Chapter 8 - Missing Piece
Chapter 9 - Visitors
Chapter 10 - Complications
Chapter 11 -Meet the Folks
Chapter 12 - The Nύptíís
Chapter 13 - Wedded Bliss
Chapter 14 - Amazing Discoveries
Chapter 15 - Surprises and Contradictions
Chapter 16 - Imperiled
Chapter 17 - First Heat
Chapter 19 - A Glimpse of Red
Chapter 20 - Real and Normal
Chapter 21 - One Tough Cookie
Chapter 22 - Unexpected Progress
Chapter 23 - Precipice
Chapter 24 - Go Into the Light
Chapter 25 - Kiss and Make Up
Chapter 26 - Real Issues
Chapter 27 - Rewind
Chapter 28 - Control and Surrender
Chapter 29 - Taken
Chapter 30 - It is Done
Chapter 31 - Aftermath
Chapter 32 - Afterglow
Chapter 33 - Second Chances
Chapter 34 - Natalis
Epilogue

Chapter 18 - Whore's Dust

25.3K 538 20
Від JosephineCastillo-Nu

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: 

The shower took longer than usual but it didn’t help cool the ardor that simmered between the two.  The honeymoon stage may have extended to another week but Keegan reckons the stage will never be at an end.  He was undoubtedly sure that the intensity of the love he feels for Queran from the very first moment he saw her, will linger and even feel stronger until his dying breath.  He was currently enjoying the view at the moment, seated in a bar stool watching his mate as she was preparing dinner for Dan, his parents and Meg.  He ogled at her finely shaped legs; she looked sexy barefoot in their kitchen.  He stared at her fine ass covered in black shorts that had a “Bite Me” print on it. Her navy blue tank top shaped her spectacular curves, her hips flared perfectly proportional to full breasts that fit in his hand.  She was not just hot – she was smokin’ and he.. well … he had to adjust a little down there because he was definitely boning up and it was too soon.  He stood behind her and just hugged her from behind.  Queran instinctively rested her head on top of his shoulders and sought his lips.  He obliged.  It was not as heated as the ones they always share but neither was it a simple peck to her lips.  It was a chaste kiss filled with promise. 

“Dad, Dan and I will be cooped up in the study for a while.  Our moms will keep you company as we go over a few pack things. You’ll be fine with that?”  Keegan asked as he pulled a few strands of her hair to playfully nip her soft skin at the base of her neck.

“I’ll be fine, B.  I would sure love to spend time with them since I didn’t get much of a chance with all that has happened.”  She turned and snaked her arms around his neck, his hands landed on her hips.

“Did I tell you today how beautiful you are and that I love you?”

Queran raised her eyes heavenward like she was deep in thought.  “Hmm, let me see.” 

She even put a finger under her chin for dramatic effect; that only earned her a playful poke on her waist.  Keegan kept poking and holding her captive in his big strong arms.

“Stop.  You wouldn’t dare!  Ahh!  Stop it.”  In a rapid twist of her body she was free from the threat of a tickle punishment and ran behind the kitchen island that separated them.  But Keegan was faster and more scheming; that he jumped over the counter and he was on her in a blink of an eye.

“Damn it you’re fast, B.  I can’t…mmff.”  He silenced her protest she crashed his lips to hers.

“Answer the question, babe.”  He said against her lips.

Queran bit his lip and sucked.  “You always do, B.  And I love you too.  Now let me go so I can finish preparing dinner; aaand I need to change to something less provocative than these shorts. Hmm?”

Keegan skimmed his hand up her thigh.  “You got that right, baby, for my eyes only.”  He pecked her lips and let her go.  How did he get so lucky?

*****

Carter skimmed his roughened hand up Emma’s bare back.  Since the day she bit and claimed him, he persuaded her to come live with him in his rented apartment.  She obliged with hardly any protest.  Her parents questioned but she decided things about her life all her own, so they relented.  He had to be near her as much as possible or he would only be worried about her.  Worry and anxiety for someone other than himself seemed foreign to him.  Before he met Emma, there was only one woman who filled his thoughts and every fantasy.  He never thought he was going to be one lucky bastard to actually meet his mate.  These days the chances were almost a thousand to one.  But being just a plain wolf is not going to cut it for him.  He wanted to be invincible and if that meant killing one to get what he wanted then so be it.  Just the other night he was apprised by Enrique that Queran did survive the attack and was already up and about.  How he actually found out was the least of his problems as long as he knows about Queran.  This was only proof of her undeniable strength and the power to heal at even faster pace.  Subduing her would have to be calculated to perfection.  Failure is not an option.   Surprisingly, his feelings for Mikel’s daughter somehow shifted.  He was ready to be rid of her as soon as she transfers her powers to him and has had a little bit of fun playing with her.  He thought deeply of the possible reason why this was so.  His gaze panned to the innocent face of his mate, lying against his chest.  Could it be that he is falling in love with Emma?  What is there not to love?  She was willing to die for the price of being loved by him and only him.  His heart twitched at the thought of losing her.  It was only a matter of time and much as he was impatient to put his plan into action he couldn’t.  After meeting the rogues who agreed to help him, his instincts told him never to trust a rogue.  They were like Rōnins- a master-less servant who refused to be under someone else’s guidance and authority.  They only live to serve themselves and with their own interests in mind.  They bitched about mostly anything and everything. 

This Keegan Lucas- apparently is one alpha they do not wish to cross.  He was considered well respected and the strongest one Arcadia has ever had.  In the pack hospital where he works, he would never have second thoughts about caring for an injured rogue.  He always saw the good in them and never the bad.  So why then did they agree to help him?  He was wary but he was wiser.

Emma stirred and her warm sweet breath touched the down of his chest.  He gently pushed her on her back and guided his erection into her core.  He stroked her lovingly like he was supposed to.  Emma could only moan.  She couldn’t muster the energy to give in fully to the sensation since it was only done to sate himself.  She would give as much as she could but to passionately reciprocate is entirely another matter.  Asking her to live with him may have been a sliver of light to the darkness that is slowly engulfing her.  Does she dare hope for Carter to have a change of heart?  Maybe when hell freezes over and she is 6 feet below the ground.

*****

Keegan was surfing through the channels in the television as he waited for Queran to come down and his guests to arrive.  He was somewhat distracted by the urgency of Dan’s visit.  They would’ve discussed it over the phone or the next time he comes to work at the hospital.  He said it was imperative that he discuss the matter as soon as possible and it was too delicate a matter to talk about it in the workplace.  The sound of the gates opening and tires crunching the gravel brought him back to the present.  He turned off the television and flicked through his classical playlist on his I-pod.  He got up to get the door for his folks, Dan and Meg.

“Hey mom.. dad!”  He kissed his mom’s cheek and his dad gave him one of those man hugs.  Dan and Meg followed.  He frowned at Dan’s hand that was resting on Meg’s back.  Was he missing something here?  He thought.  No!  Dan is being just a gentleman.

“Good evening alpha!”  Dan greeted and shook hands with Keegan.  “Thank you for seeing me.”

“No worries.  Good evening Meg!”  He kissed her on the cheek as well.  “Queran will be down in a minute.”  Meg patted his cheek and smiled at him.  After which, her gaze shifted to her daughter who she saw was walking down the staircase.  Keegan followed her gaze and he lost the power of speech for a brief second.  She was a vision in a casual halter necked shift dress, that molded her hour glass figure to perfection.  Aqua or teal was definitely her color.  Her hair was down in a set of curls that he resisted the urge to sink his fingers into them.  There was just something so utterly sexy about her walking barefoot.  As soon as she reached the landing she bent her knee backwards to slip on her doll shoes.  He was completely mesmerized and he never strayed from just looking at her.  A nudge on his rib had him descending from the high of admiring his mate.

“Ooomph.  MOM!  Was that necessary? Geez!”

“You were certainly taking your time.  Haven’t you had enough drooling these past few days?”

“No and I certainly was not drooling.  How do you keep up with this woman, dad?”

“You’ll know soon enough, son.”  He patted Keegan’s back and walked pass him to greet his daughter-in law.  The rest of the guests followed him to the living room.

Dinner was such a fun affair.  They were now having coffee and Tiramisu cups for dessert.  He missed having meals with his parents and just catch up.  What he loved most about his mother is her ability to put everyone at ease with her animated stories and playful banter with Meg and his dad.  Keegan was glad that she struck a very close friendship with Meg and the two women have now become inseparable and stuck out like two peas in a pod.  The way his dad would look at her with so much adoration even after all these years, had him reflecting on the offing that he would look at Queran the same way in the years to come.  He stole an adoring glance at Queran’s smiling face and placed a wet kiss on her bare shoulder.  He felt her stiffen and was shifting uncomfortably in her seat.  Her skin was flushed and warm under his lips.  She gulped a full glass of water and jumped up her seat.

“Uhrm, if you could please excuse me for a minute.”  She looked apologetically at everyone in the table and tear slid down her beautiful face.  She was struggling not to make a fool of herself.

“What’s wrong baby?”  Keegan asked worriedly though he started to catch a whiff of her arousal.  This heat was hitting her at a rather inopportune time.  He stood up to follow her.

“No, B.  I—I just need to get the chilled wine from the chiller.  I’ll be right back.  I’m really sorry everyone, I will be back right away.”  And she ran to the direction of the kitchen.  Keegan had to restrain himself from following because it would be rude to leave his guests for a quick shag.  He smiled weakly at the concerned faces in the dining table but did a double take on Dan whose eyes turned black and was huffing.  Seeing the realization on his alpha’s face, he shut his eyes closed and took control of his wolf.  He was reacting to Queran’s arousal and this did not sink in well with Keegan.

“Sit your ass down Dan or I’ll kick your horny ass out of my house!  Dad, are you alright?”

Elijah was red in the face from holding back his amusement.  “Of course I am!  I have no need to be restrained from reacting to Queran’s heat.  I have a warm one right next to me.”  He squeezed Caitlin’s thigh and kissed her on the lips.  In one rare moment, Caitlin blushed.  But Meg was enjoying the exchange that she crossed her arm in front of her chest and leaned on top of the table. 

“So that was what it’s all about.  Men!”  She snorted and looked at a pained Keegan.  She patted his hand.  “It’s perfectly alright.  We understand.  Go after her, she needs you right now.  We’ll tidy up here.”

Keegan kissed Meg on the cheek with a silent word of thanks and sped off towards the kitchen.  As he entered the threshold, he stopped dead on his tracks as he found Queran huddle against the chiller trying to restrain her painful sobbing.  Her head was resting on top of her knees and her nails biting on her biceps.  He walked towards her and drew him to his chest, engulfing her.

“This is so embarrassing, B.  How can I face them after knowing what is happening to me.  I got so scared seeing Dan was shaking and trying to restrain his wolf.  He knows, B.  He knows.”

“Shh, baby it’s perfectly understandable.  It is in our nature to react to certain situations.  Let me ease your pain love so we can get back to our guests.”  He lifted her to her feet and Queran instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist.  She was still sobbing as Keegan rubbed his crotch against her core, his hands on her ass.  He sat her on top of one of the kitchen counter that was level to his hips and crashed his lips into her.  Deftly, he worked on his fly and slid her thong to the side.  With a swift slide, he entered her and with a slow seductive pace he soothed, he possessed and he came hard with her.

*****

Moments later, they walked back to the living room hand in hand.  Queran may have been mortified earlier at the thought of looking at their discerning faces but she was spared from further embarrassment.  Dan and Elijah were already waiting for Keegan at his study and the 2 ladies were sipping their warm cups of coffee.

“Everything alright honey?”  Meg asked Queran.  Queran nodded and smiled at Keegan.

“I’ll just be in the study, okay?”  He kissed her temple and with his index finger he poked his forehead and mind linked an instruction to her.  “Call me if you need me, got it?” Queran snorted and kissed him on the cheek.

“What the hell was that about Dan?!”  Keegan barked as he entered his study.   Dan immediately stood up from the couch and knelt on one knee and bowed to his alpha in remorse.

“I apologize, alpha.  It was not intentional I promise you.  But why didn’t you mention she was in heat.  I would’ve steered clear.”  Dan defended.

Keegan shook his hand in dismissal of the awkwardness of the situation.  “Yes, I should’ve.  But there was urgency in your plea to meet me and I didn’t think you would react to her.  Is it because you are single again?”

“I would believe so yes.  Not unless I was still inflicted.”

“Huh?  You lost me there Dan.  Inflicted with what?”  Keegan asked.  Elijah shifted in his seat and leaned forward in wait.

“With ‘Whore’s Dust’.  It was the other substance that the blow dart was tainted with.  Did Queran start having her heat before or after the attack?”

Keegan frowned.  “Just before we came home from the log cabin she had started to feel some cramps.  She didn’t smell differently at that time and from what I know of heat, it should’ve come much later.  The night she first woke up after the party, she began to act differently and was craving for uhrmm attention.  She was in full blown heat the following day.”

“Then that could explain the heat coming sooner.  According to my lab assistant, this drug is a potent sex stimulant among wolves and it has a known property to mask the scent as well.  Uncontrolled doses can kill someone in minutes.  It was like taking a double dose of Viagra in humans.  The dose was so minimal and yet it affected me when I accidentally pricked myself with the dart.  I was horny as a teen wolf.  This was unheard of and the supply is rapidly becoming famous especially in bars and clubs.  We have to put a stop to this menace before it inflicts any of our young and teenage wolves.  Just this week, we already had 5 cases among the rogues who were brought in at the emergency room.  All of them died before they were even diagnosed.   The frustrating thing is, this drug is sold or distributed in a highly covert manner that there is no trace to the source.  There must be something amazingly strong in Queran’s blood that she burned off the drug even if it triggered her heat.”

“You are accurate on that account.  Queran is…special.”  Keegan confided.  He re-told the events leading to the discovery of his new gifts, in the hope that this could shed light on the matter and hopefully discover an antidote for this so called “Whore’s Dust.”  He would be damned if this even gets into close proximity among his mate and his pack.  He would stop at nothing to vanquish the source of this menace.

A/N: I would like to dedicate this chapter to all who decided to follow me.  I would be very interested to know what you think about the story in general.  Please leave a Vote and Comment if you will.  As always, I am grateful to you all for reading my story.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Blood Від Zen Austaria

Перевертні

103K 5K 36
Blood || a mated werewolves story Alpha Zev Malewoods was your stereotypical everybody fears him Alpha. Because in what werewolf story is there not t...
694K 21.9K 64
MATE - the person every wolf looks for , seeks , desires . Jace Beckendorf , a powerful warrior, is the Alpha of the silver claw warrior pack. He doe...
The Mate All The Alphas Want Від Jezzabelle ♡

Підліткова література

520K 15.1K 28
Jezzabelle Jackelyn Johnson. The daughter of the most feared alpha of all packs. Her father owned more then millions of wolves in his pack. His pack...
Eternal Chains Від bluerabyss

Паранормальні явища

14.8K 888 100
"I want you. I want all of you because you are mine." As an Alpha, Amber has it all except for a mate. She has been waiting for the Luna's time but t...