MoonClan's Return

By ad_meliora

[Warriors Cats Fanfiction] (The Sequel to Moonstar's Rise) Though MoonClan's reign appears over, it is nowher... More

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 16

314 10 1
By ad_meliora

A few days had passed since the capture of the FoxClan cats, and so far, they had all been cooperating well. Most had learned how to behave, though some had injuries to prove their disobedience. No cat had died though, and they would be fighting in the battle, no exceptions.

Hazelstar opened her eyes, a nervous feeling in her stomach. The capture had gone successful but there were two cats that had not yet returned. Tigerstripe, her brother, and that other she-cat, Jetfur.

She had hoped they would show up on their own, but it had been moons, and leaf-fall was fast approaching. They had to be ready by then, no exceptions.

She rose to her feet then padded out of the den, already seeing cats being trained. Some of the MoonClan members snapped at the former FoxClan cats while others received a claw mark down their face.

Hazelstar looked down as she went past the kits. It was wrong, so wrong, but she belonged solely to the Dark Forest now, and mercy did not apply to their rules.

"Fire!" she snapped.

The ginger tom quickly padded forward, his emerald eyes gazing into Hazelstar's.

"Is there something I can assist you with?"

"No, but there's a matter we need to discuss," Hazelstar growled. "Follow me to my den."

Fire nodded as they went off. Hazelstar padded into her dark den, sitting down on her soft nest.

"Well, get comfortable!" Hazelstar snapped at Fire who stood awkwardly by the entrance. He sat facing her, looking around.

"Fire, there are two members who have not yet arrived. Can you guess who they are?"

Fire pondered for a moment. "Your brother, Tigerstripe, and that black she-cat."

"Jetfur, that's right. My mother told me they would not come, and they haven't. So I need your help."

"What could I do?"

"I need you to organize a secret group of cats to find my brother and his friend. I don't want any other cat knowing about this, all right? Does Crystal have rogues to offer?"

"Yes, like always," Fire explained. "Come on, I'll take you to her."

Hazelstar padded out of the camp with her deputy to the familiar clearing where the rogues gathered. They were busy training, some eating, others resting. No more executions had to be made, though a few had died already. They had been buried in a large hole the others had dug, and that was where the dead rogues were stored.

Crystal stood on the familiar dead branch, her white pelt gleaming in the sunlight. At the sight of Fire, her eyes lit up, though they quickly dimmed as she noticed Hazelstar standing behind him.

Hazelstar didn't like the she-cat one bit, but she could be trusted to do her job, and she did it well. That was what mattered.

Crystal slowly leapt down from the tree log, walking forward to greet the two.

"Hazelstar, I had not expected you," Crystal admitted. "We're there more executions scheduled?"

"I don't believe there will be anymore," Hazelstar explained. "I'm here for another matter. I need a patrol of rogues, those that are strong and can be trusted."

"What for?"

"That is none of your business!" Hazelstar spat.

"So I'm just supposed to hand off a bunch of rogues to you for no reason?! I'm in control here, you piece of fox dung! Why do you need them?!"

"That does it!" Hazelstar hissed, knocking the she-cat over. Crystal hit the ground quickly, moaning in pain. Hazelstar shoved her claws into the she-cat's pelt, growling.

Crystal looked up, whimpering as her blue eyes were filled with pain.

"Hazelstar, get off her!" Fire spat.

"Shut up!" she hissed. "As my deputy you are required to listen to what I say! If that means you have to watch me teach your precious mate a lesson, then it shall be!"

Fire opened his mouth to argue before closing it again and taking a step back.

"Leave him out of this," Crystal managed to say.

"I had hoped your strength would be gone by now," Hazelstar admitted, twisting her claws. Crystal cried out in pain.

"So listen to me, she-cat," she growled. All the rogues had stopped training now, all their attention focused on Hazelstar.

"If you ever try to rebel against me again, I will kill you. But I'll make the death slow and painful. Oh, and won't it be a joy to see Fire watching you die? And knowing that he can't do anything to save you...What a shame. So, will you listen to me, she-cat?"

Crystal nodded slowly, sighing in relief as Hazelstar's claws slid away from her bloody body.

"Now, give me a patrol..."

Crystal nodded slowly then weakly rose to her feet. Fire bolted to her side, helping her up. Blood dripped from her pelt, but she wouldn't die. She'd have a scar, no doubt.

After about ten minutes, Crystal returned with ten rogues following behind her.

"Will these do?"

"It depends. Are they trustworthy?"

"They wish nothing more than to serve MoonClan," Crystal explained. "Right?"

Slowly, the cats nodded.

"All right. Rogues, follow me. Fire, take Crystal to be stitched up. I expect her to be back tomorrow though."

"Yes, Hazelstar," Fire said, padding off with the bloody Crystal. The rogues turned, staring at Hazelstar.

"Follow me," she growled, leading them into the woods. After walking a bit of a distance, she stopped by a large tree, sitting down against it.

"Sit," she instructed.

Slowly, the rogues sat, waiting for her instructions.

"Now," Hazelstar began. "You may believe this is all going smoothly, but, there are two cats who I long to see. That is my brother and his friend. They were supposed to arrive, being original MoonClan members, but they refuse. That is where you come in. I need you all to search for them. I don't know how long it will take, but you need to bring them back, even if it means knocking them out. Still, I want them alive."

The rogues slowly nodded.

"We can do that," a tom said.

"Good. But I want the matter secret. No cat can know, all right? Trust only those you know. Now scram! Return soon!"

The cats nodded, running off into the woods.

"Did you hear that, brother? You're coming to me soon," she laughed maliciously, rushing off into the woods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 402 52
Covers cooperation by my awesome wattpad friend @Shadowheart_Warriors! "The daughter of StarClan is born." Sandstar announced. Twilightkit has the bl...
17.4K 648 34
[Warriors Cats Fanfiction] In the weak clan of IceClan, Stonecloud gives birth to two daughters, Icekit and Blossomkit. As these two sisters quickly...
23 0 2
Young Moonstone is a warrior with a warrior status she is highly known, and when two kits appear out of no where can Moonstone find out there real bi...
519 27 17
As Firestar's glorious reign fades into a treasured memory, a new group surges into the Four Clans' territory and takes over. Infamous for their fie...