Toxic (Harry Styles)

By stylesmyth

Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear. There's something about unexpected moments, you can't plan it, you... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Credits and Acknowledgements
Author's Note - Sequel!

Chapter 2

13.8K 263 25
By stylesmyth

Chapter 2

Anyone can put on a mask and act like something they're not, but their insides will always show their true colors.

I sit at the very edge of the chair in the little café, my eyes scanning everywhere constantly over the people enjoying their Saturday. Unlike them, I'm attentive to every ring of the bell, everyone voice that orders a drink, and every chair that scratches across the floor.

After my friends discovered the mark─ that now is hidden behind my hair─ they asked how the hell I got it, and it was answered by me finding Harry's eyes in the crowd. I didn't stay after that, I didn't want to be interrogated on what happened in my absent. I left Jess with the twins, who promised to take a cab home, and not driving drunk. Since I drove my dad's car here, I got home soon.

I did sneak past my dad's room, who was snoring quite loud. I changed and went immediately to bed. I had a dreamless sleep and didn't wake up to a hangover, like the two in front of me.

Anyways, I'm on what I call "Harry alert." I afraid that he'll show up like last night, and pull me away again, though it would be harder in public.

"─you know?" Jess ends the sentence that I didn't hear begin.

"Sorry, what?" I blink rapidly.

"I said, maybe have eight beers, and two shots wasn't the best last night, you know?" She repeats.

"No I don't. Because I wasn't there."

"Don't be sour, my head hurts," her hands rub her temples. I roll my eyes, before turning to Brandy who is staring at the bright screen of her phone.

"What about you, babe?" I turn to Brandy. Honestly, it's odd to see her with Brit. Like a tunnel without a light at the end; then it's just a cave. But Brit never woke up when Jess invited us to grab a cup of coffee. I snap my fingers in front of her face when she doesn't look up.

"What?" She jumps.

"How's your hangover?"

Her phone buzzes for the hundredth time being at this table. She types a quick reply while thinking of a response to mine. "Um... it's not as bad as Brits, but it still aches." Right when she looks up at me, Brandy glances back to see if she has a new message.

"Who are you talking to?" Jess shuffles over closer to catch a glimpse of the screen. Brandy only tilts it away.

"You guys, duh." Jess mutters a "sure" under her breath and takes another sip of the coffee. I just roll my eyes at the whole ordeal.

"So speaking of the party, what happened with you and Harry last night?" Jess queried. So much for avoiding that subject. I wonder if I should tell them the truth. Before I could even think about lying, Jess speaks, "And don't fib because we all saw that hickey." And there goes that!

Even Brandy has placed her phone on the table, engrossed in this conversation. "Well..."

***

"Thanks for the ride, Jess. I'll text you later!" I arise from my place in Jess' passenger seat as she drops me off at work.

"I'll hold you to that!" I slam the door shut and wave as she drives off. I hurry up to the doors of the dance studio, ready to escape the cold breeze that England never fails to provide, even at the beginning of autumn. I made sure that the bruise was covered before I entered.

A class was already in session when I made my way to my desk behind the one-way glass, where only I can see the dancers. I work as an intern at the studio now owned by Lilly, who is practically my second mother. As my job, I make sure that everyone signs in and out, pays, and sign up any newcomers. It's quite simple, until you get to the paper work that comes with it.

No later than five minutes later, Lilly approaches my desk with a man I don't recognize, he must be new.

"Shay, this is Evan. He'll be starting here tomorrow. Please get the sign-up filled out today and the rest will be done tomorrow," she smiles at me. As she was walking away, leaving me with Evan, she turned, "Also show him around. We don't want him lost, do we?"

I smile at Evan, which he returns politely, and I reach in a draw for the beginner's paperwork. I walk him through filling out the empty lines and places to sign. When he's done with everything, I place the paper in the box appointed to Lilly.

"Ready?" I ask, standing from my seat, and walk to the side he was waiting at.

"Definitely," he grins.

"Okay," I shyly smile back. "So, obviously this is the waiting area, and to our right is the first vicinity which is for girls. Now down this hall are the boys. Only one class is for both, and that depends on what you signed up for. If you didn't, you can, but you must talk with Lilly about that." Evan nods here and there through the introduction of the layout of the studio.

 "And then if we go this way, you'll see..."

I stop in my tracks when I find an unruly mop of curls standing in the middle of the corridor, speaking with Lilly. I cruse under my breath, and grab Evan's wrist to pull him back around the corner we just came from. I can't believe he's here! How the hell did he find out where I worked?

"Shay!" Lilly calls me. I hang my head low, knowing I was caught. "There's someone here to see you." I have to take a deep breath before facing them both.

"Hey, Harry," I force through tight teeth. I look anywhere but him, yet I can feel his eyes burn through me.

Lilly looks at me with a "loosen up" look, "I can finish the tour with Evan, so you two can talk. C'mon," she holds out a hand for Evan to take, and he does. I wait for them to stroll away before I stride to Harry.

"What are you doing here and how did you know where I work?" I semi-yell. I make sure no one is around before facing him completely. He wears a black fitted t shirt, with black trousers, and a pair of dark leather boots.

I tense as he raises his hand to my neck. Suddenly the mark on my neck is burning just from the memory of receiving it. "It looks good on you," Harry inspects it, I roll my eyes. "Your friend, Brandy, is easy to convince," a smug grin crosses his lips, answering my earlier question. My eyes widen, it was him. He was who Brandy was text constantly. Why would she tell him where I work? Why didn't he ask me? I could've lied and avoided this problem.

"Well, you can't be here, unless you're taking a class." The image of Harry in a dance class is something I'm sure no will ever see. I can't picture his tough exterior dance clothing.

"You're here," he counters.

"I work here," I snap.

"Well, your boss seems fine with me here." I scoff at he says. I'm Lilly only let him stay because she finds him attractive. "But that doesn't matter; I came to talk to you."

"You could've just called!" I turn on my heel and start walking back to my desk. I can hear Harry's boots clack on the marble floor, and I know he's close behind.

"Yes, I could've, but now I'm glad I didn't." I've now reached my desk and start to organize papers with my back to Harry. I was bewildered when a tight grip was on my upper arm, and I twirled around forcefully. "Drop the attitude, Shay. It doesn't really work for you."

"Then tell me why you're here, so you can leave," I retort.

"I came here to tell you I want to take you out the day after next," he articulated.

I'm not sure if I heard him right after his statement rather than question. Harry starts to walk forward, coercing me to go back. I stumble as I hit the back of the edge of the wooden desk.

"Why?" I speak even though the air in my lungs isn't there.

"Because tomorrow I'm busy," he says simply. Harry traps me against the desk, placing his hand by my waist, enabling me to move.

"No, I mean why'd you come here to ask me that?"

His emerald eyes look straight into my blue ones. "I knew you would decline if I just called."

"I'd decline either way," I say callously.

Before Harry could reply, Lilly's voice echoed through the space area. Evan follows her behind her, and I assume that the tour is over. Even with people in the same room Harry doesn't reposition his stance. He's still eye level with me, looking pissed that we were interrupted, but I couldn't be happier. I'm sure any girl would be grateful for the attention that Harry is giving me, but I don't want this. I've been living a nightmare not even twenty-four hours.

"Hey Shay. Harry, do you need anything," she asked politely.

"No, thank you. Shay was just about to show me out," Harry finally pulls away, looking at Lilly. "Weren't you, Shay?"

Lilly redirects her gaze on me, waiting. "Um... y-yeah, sure," I stutter. I dart away from Harry and head for the small hallway that leads to the entrance. I didn't look back to see if Harry is following because in some sense I knew he would.

Just as I rounded the corner, away from all inhabitants, and it worried me. Being in a secluded corridor alone with Harry intimidates me to the extremes.

I knew what was coming when he seized my waist with his large hand. Harry didn't take his time pushing my back against the wall roughly. The small décor table rattled from swift movement.  My hands flew up to his shoulders, griping them tightly.

"Harry, please don't," I whimper. His curls tickled as he ducked his head to my ear, chuckling.

"Just be good, okay?" I couldn't tell if his voice was menacing or patronizing. Either way, it scared me.

He pulled the hair on my shoulder back, showing the love bite. His thumb runs across it causing me to hiss. I couldn't protest before his lips bore down on lightly on the sore skin. He didn't linger long, heading up the column of my neck to the spot behind my ear. My legs feel like giving in, but Harry holds me up. I shocked that his lips didn't loiter on the sweet spot either. Instead he takes my hands from his shoulders and holds them behind my back, making my body shift forward, pressing further into his.

Harry spontaneously grinded his hips into mine, leaving my mouth agape in stun. My head rolls back on the wall from this one small move, and I can feel the smirk on his face when he presses two sloppy kisses across my jaw. My breathing increased expecting more, but it doesn't come. Harry is also out of breath.

"I'll pick you up at seven," were the last words he whispered in my ear before he proceeded to release my wrist, and winked.

Then he was gone. My thoughts are in a whirl as I gripped the table next to me, and hunched forward.

I have to talk to someone about this, about Harry's plan for Tuesday. I remember Jess wanted me to text her, which I promised I would. She would be perfect to talk to. She wouldn't quiet understand the problem but I just need to get this off my chest.

I quickly made my way to the drawer in my desk where my phone rested.

To: Jess

We need to talk.

Shay  

+++++

Yay for second chapters! Comment? vote?

ash-rawr.tumblr.com

Instagram: 1D_haz_boo

-A xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 820 96
I enjoy the silence. Its so loud in my life now... THIS STORY CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT, VOLIENCE , BLOOD AND SUICIDE TALK. AND SEXUAL ASSAULT TALKS W...
1.4M 50.8K 62
{sequel to Secret} All rights reserved, 2017 © jkharrystyles
120 7 7
"Oh but you see sweetheart, there's so much more I am capable of. You see me from the outside, a guy who can just look at a person once and have them...
42.6K 913 32
It was the summer that you'll never forget. You met a boy and his name was Harry Styles. You fall in love with. He everything you look for in...