From being arranged to love...

By caffecorretto

"Please.. you have to go... we can't do this.." she tried. "No... you are mine, only mine." He said once more... More

1.Thé Prèdiçtion!!
Author's Note.
2.Marriage???
3.The Groom Húnt.
4.The @ccident!!
5.Heavens!!
6.The guèsts!!
7.Fiancè!!
8.It is a YÈS...
9. First phone call..!!
10. CCD!!!
11. Part a.
11. Part b
12. My wife!!!
13. A talk over the Coffee!!
14.The drive!
15. Why did you steal my keys?
16. Thinking of you!!
17. I wish I could always make you happy!!
18. With love, your Pathiji....
19. Rightfully his!!
20. Your lips are mine to bite!!
21. I had warned you..
Yaaaay
22. All answers lie above you!!
23. That is my favourite pillow!!
24. Sister ya Husband???
25. The Kiss!!!
.26. The Trip!!
27. 7 hours with her!!!!!
28. Fighting over the clothes!!!
29. I just can't wait to marry you!!
30. The Surprise!!
31. Unexpected!
32. Dealing another unexpected!!!
Way to go boys!!!!
33. Waking up to you!!
34. Twists and Turns!!
35. Hallucinations!!!
36. I missed you!!
37.Unfolding the past!!
38. Not just good, the Best morning!!
39. Upside Down!
Oops..
40. A Murder Case??
41. Discussions!!!
42. The Hunt!!
Happy New Year!!!
43.Why!!???
44. The pain!!!
45. Getting Answers!!
46. You never asked me to wait!!
47. Miles away...
48. Moving on??
49. Dr.Kapoor..
50. A crush come true!!
51. A drunken dream!!
52. Only Mine!!
53. She won't live long..
54. Mission Kill Gunaa!!
56. The Kidnap!!
57. Nightmares!!
58. Confessions and Answers!!
59. Her friend!
Just Me, @maira
I need your Help!!
Success!!
60. A mistake, always a mistake!
61.Stuck in the woods!
62. One Hell of a Night!!
63. She is pregnant!!
64. Somethimg is definitely Up!!
65. Realisation!!
66. She knows!!
67. Back to reality!!
68. Optimism
69. HER
70. Visitors can enter now!
71. Puppy eyes
72. You were always meant to be mine
73. Rendezvous

55. Cherry or Naveen?

43.7K 1.3K 201
By caffecorretto

"She's awake... Naveen bhaiyya, dee is awake.." Rithu screamed.

Rithu.. I just woke up.. No big deal.. There is no need to publicize that..

Suddenly there were many sounds in the room, and I opened to see a dozen eyes prying on me.

And by a dozen, I mean a dozen. Rithu and Shikha were on either side of me on the bed, Papa and amma stood near the bedpost, Naveen right behind them and Kiran on the doorway.

Wow!!

Only one face missing...

"Why is everyone here?" I asked, as I bought the sheets to my neck.

"Why are we here? You tell me why we are here! Why we all are here!" Mom shouted, and Dad wrapped his arms around her.

"Amma..." I tried to sooth her, but she sat on the bed, and rubbed my feet.

"Can I talk with her please?" Mom asked, and respecting her wish, everyone else left the room.

I got up to sit back on the bed, looking down at my hands.

"Dhruvika, I want you to know that I am not just your mother, but your best friend too. Naveen told us, and you know what hurt me the most? That I had to hear it from someone else, and not you." She said, as she came closer to me.

"Amma... I.. I was.." I tried yo speak, but nothing came out.

"Now, I want to trust me. Tell me everything. And I'm not mother, I might judge you, I don't say I won't. But it is always for your good. And by your good I mean, your happiness and your safety." She said, as the moved the hair out of my face and tied it into a pony for me.

But after tying, she ran her hands across my neck, and I jolted

She saw the mark.

"You don't have to hide it. Now speak up, and this will stay between us." Mom said.

And I spoke up.

I told her everything, starting from the hospital incident, to what happened in that lawn, the date, the first kiss, and even what happened during Papa's attack, and him telling me his past, where I got cut off.

"So you knew about it? Right from then? So this Gunaa was back into scene since then?" She asked.

"Yes... I knew everything about Gunaa." I responded back.

"And you chose to stay with him, despite knowing all the danger that lay ahead of this decision?." She asked, pretty amused.

"Yes.. I did." I said.

"When did this happen? It doesn't look that old or this new" She asked, pointing at the bite mark.

I tried it cover it with the dress that I was now wearing, since the girls had changed me that long neck kurta.

"It looks like it happened yesterday." She said, getting into conclusions.

"How did you..??" I asked, shocked. Did Naveen tell them about yesterday?

"Our was an arranged marriage too, remember. It know what that is, how that is, and approximately when you got that."  She said, as she changed from the 'best friend' look to the 'strict mom' look.

Didn't Naveen tell her?

"Didn't Naveen tell you?" I asked, noe confused.

"Tell me what? Okay he told me that you two met up, and you talked about Charan, had a breakdown, he gave you meds, punched Charan and bought you here. But now I guess that the story isn't complete." She said, and I lowered my head.

But Naveen punched Cherry??

"If course, There is more to it. Why don't we start with how you got that on your neck." She said. And I sighed, preparing myself for another story telling.

She listened, patiently, though her face told me how the internal battle about whether to kill me or him or both or not, was going on inside her.

But she listened patiently.

"So I was sure about today. I did have a thought as to why you were wearing that dress, and going out early. Especially when Naveen came here searching for you." She said, now getting everything straight in her mind.

"Amma.. I'm sorry, but I wanted to know the truth. I wanted to hear it from him that he didn't want me." I said, as I once again broke down into tears.

"And Ruvee, did you hear it?" She asked.

Did I hear it?

Maybe I am.. But people do many mistakes when drunk.. Just forget anything that happened yesterday and marry that doc-

"He thinks that all this is a mistake. I didn't hear it, but I know that is what the truth is." I said, cuddling myself in her lap.

"Beta.. You never heard him say it, and I don't think you will." Mom said, as she strikes my hair.

  "Mom.. What are you saying?" I asked, as I looked up at her.

"What do you want to be for him? Who for you want to be for him ?"

"I.. I don't know.. I want to be.. That person he goes to whenever he is sad. I want to be him comfort, and I want to be the person that gives him relief from all pain and worry. And I was, when he told me about his bad day in that kitchen, and when he said about his past." I said, as I smiled at the memories. How happy we were those days.

"Why do you think  he came here after his discharge instead to going to his mother?" She asked.

Why did he?

Was it because he wanted relief from everything. To be comforted?

"Dhruvika, I know as a mom, I shouldn't be telling you this. But I'm saying this as a friend. If a guy sees you the way he see his mother, that means he values you in his life. I know what he did, he did it because he love you." She said, still stroking my hair.

"Amma.." I got up from her lap, and looked at her.

"He was here today, right till when you woke up. He was in this room too, but he went once you woke up." She said, looking at my hands that was now inside hers.

My eyes stung with unshed tears.

"He wanted to make sure that you didn't know he was here, because he thought that might hurt you more... He left without saying a word when we rushed here to meet you. He loves you." Amma said as her eyes got drenched in tears.

"What about Naveen? He did all this for me.. He helped to mend my heart that Cherry broke. He listened silently when I told him about how close I was to Cherry. Even today. I lied to everyone and sneaked off to his place. And Naveen, all he did was help me again, buy never judged me." The more I said it, the more sorry I felt for using Naveen like this.

He did all this, and all I did was take him for granted and cheat him with Cherry.

"Dhruvika, you are a brave young lady. Both me and your papa are proud of you. We know that you will take a good decision. And Naveen and Charan are adults, and strong kids, and as far as I know, they both love you. They will respect your decision. What you have to do is, ask yourself, and decide. And.. Whatever happens, listen to your heart.." Amma said, and left the room giving me time to think.

What should I think?

Cherry, I gave him 2 chances already. Which he broke into a million pieces.

And Naveen, after all that I did, stood with me, and trusted me. He deserves a chance.

But why does my mind think if Cherry every time I imagine my future?

Why does my mind only see him tying that thread around my neck?

Why do I dream of Cherry, and my body crave for him?

Oh God!! I am so in love with that boy even after he broke my heart.

Why was he here? What did he tell everyone? Why did he leave before I woke up?

What happened between him and Naveen?

  Please.. What should I do?

I don't know for how I sat there thinking before I heard a knock on the door.

The door opened ajar and I looked up to to see a smiling Naveen stood by the door.

"Hey.." I said, smiling at him.

"Hi.. How are you feeling now?" He asked, as he cane forward and sat in the chair beside my bed.

"I'm feeling better.. I said everything to Amma.. And ha by the way thanks for not telling everyone what actually happened." I said, feeling truly grateful.

"Its okay.. But its good you talked.. She was worried for you.. We all were..." He said, as he looked down at his hands.

My gaze followed his, and I saw his knuckles flushed and red.

"And thanks for that too.." I said, easing up the awkwardness

"I'm sorry for that.. I just couldn't stop myself.. It was impulsive.." He said, smiling awkwardly.

"No.. I say he deserved it.. Its okay.." I said. It is true that I live him.. But that doesn't mean he's not a dick. There I said the word.

"Haha.. So I'm actually here to check on you. So..." He said, as he took out a stethoscope from his pocket.

"Uhh.. Yeah.. Sure.." I said, as I moved a bit forward so as to sit on the side of my bed.

He came forward, and after plugging the steth to his ears, he brought the other end towards me.

"Umm.. I want you to take a deep breath. Okay.." He said, but stopped, looking at me.

Okay.. He needs to hear my heartbeat.

Wow.. Can things be anymore awkward.

"You know what.. Just take this and place it where your heart is, and move it how I say so, okay?" He said, avoiding my eyes.

"Yeah.. That sounds like a good idea." I said, as I took the steth end and placed it on my heart.

Silence filled the room, and my heart rate increased.

This is not happening.

"Hey... Just.. Just relax and take long deep breaths." He said, now looking at my eyes.

I nodded and did as he said.

"Okay.. Move it a bit to the right.." He said, looking focussed.

I moved as he said.

"No no.. To my right.. Which is your left." He said, and I followed.

"No.. Umm.. Can I?" He asked, moving his hand toward the stethoscope.

I nodded, trying to smile.

  With a bit of hesitation, he held my hand that was on the steth and moved it a bit left.

His hand was cold, and a bit trembling.

His hand stopped for a not, and I looked at him to see his eyes on my neck. The mark.

"Okay, now turn around." He said, and I obeyed, taking my hand back from the steth.

"Can you move your hair?" He asked, and I moved my messy bun out of his way.

  He kept the cold plate of the steth on my back, to the left below my neck.

"Take deep breaths." He said, and this time it was easier to do.

Soon he got up and smiled at me.

"All done.. You're fine now.. But I will give you some meds that will ease your mind." He took the plugs out of his ear and stuffed the steth back in his pocket.

As he prepared to leave the room, I spoke.

"Naveen.. I'm sorry about today.. I made you travel all the way to here and.. I'm sorry." I said, feeling truly guilty.

When did I become such a terrible person.

"Its okay.. But I'm glad I was here to pick you up. But I'm in town till the day after tomorrow. So can I take you out for lunch?" He asked, fisting his hand on his palm.

"Sure... You can choose the place." I said, and he smiled leaving the room.

Soon it was night time, and I slept like a baby after eating his meds. No men came to disturb me in my dreams.

******************************

"Thank you for the lunch.. I enjoyed it very much." I said, as I smiled at him.

He had taken to me for lunch, in a very expensive hotel, which I never thought I would go. And as said, I had a very good time, making up to him.

We talked a lot during our lunch, about everything but what had happened yesterday.

He even got us tickets for a gallery opening at the central hall for the evening.

And to be frank, today was the first day since ages that I laughed and spent a day without thinking of Cherry.

  "Yeah.. And I'm glad you came.. I had a good time  myself too. So now we have a few hours till the gallery opening. So I thought we could go for a ride outside town. You okay with that..?" He asked, rather doubtfully.

Am I okay with that?

What you have to do is, ask yourself, and decide. And.. Whatever happens, listen to your heart.

Amma's words boomed in my head.

He deserves a chance.. But to do that.. I need to know him.. Talk to him..

  "I would love to.." I said, and his face lit up.

"Stay right here.. I'll take my car and come.." He said, and walked away.

I watched him walk away, his face held high..

He deserves a chance..

And I will give him..

With a smile in my face, I focussed back on him.. But instated, I saw another man in front if me.. His face covered with a black scarf, his eyes strained at me, his hand holding a gun.

It took me a moment to realize what was happening around me. But before I could scream, something was pressed onto my face from behind, and I felt myself slip out of the world.

I fell backwards into the hands of a man who sedated me.

"Naveen.. " a slow cry escaped my mouth..

But the guy kept looking at me..

Those eyes....

"Cherry.." Another cry escaped my mouth before I shut out the world.

******************************
Hello everyone...

I know... I know.. They got Dhruvika..

No comments..

@maira...
(That is Dhruvika at their lunch date."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563K 34.6K 43
Completed ✅ #1 in break up on 14/11/21 Vihaan Roy "Everything in life should be planned so you do the right thing at the right time and right place...
65.5K 1.8K 25
"You've started this game so let's play it fair and square, you've married me without my will so I'll fuck you without your will, what do you say?" H...
134K 7K 55
"You are Marrying ME!" I ordered her. "WHATTT!!!!" her eyes almost came out of sockets and she looked at me with a shocked face while I was looking a...
683K 24.3K 52
NOTE: Beware of grammatical mistakes " I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his hars...