Playing for Keeps (a PIL fanf...

Od jinxedby_105

Always on the run, and frequently alone, Arabella doesn't really have a place to call home. With her parents... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: I needs some Pirates!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Ending note

Chapter 31

169 11 34
Od jinxedby_105

(Nathan's POV)

We had waited until everyone else got back before me and Arabella left for our treasure hunt. I was slightly hesitant, going to the ship we were going to. Lot of rumors floating around about the crew, and it's captain. The captain was said to be from a far off country, and his crew was rumored to have been gathered from all over, but he only chose certain ones to join his crew. Rumor was they all had gifts, or were magical. Whether it was an entire crew like Arabella, with odd gifts I couldn't say, but we would find out soon enough.

"That was something, Thomas finding Allison like that." Arabella muses out loud, as we walk.

I nod in agreement."That it was tomboy. Hey look... The ship were going to..." I pause, scratching the back of my neck in thought, as I try to figure out how to explain what I had heard. "The ship were going to... It's called the Fenrir... It's a newer crew... Tomboy, it's rumored the whole crew is like you.. Well, like they all have gifts... We need to be careful..." I trail off glancing at her..

"We're going to try and steal off of a ship, that might have an entire crew with gifts?" She asks, her eyes widening in shock. "Well... We'll just have to be on our guard I guess... Though I admit, I'm not too fond of the idea of walking into something like that.." She adds, running a hand back through her long brown hair.

" I never thought I'd see the day you were nervous about a fight tomboy." I tease, ruffling her hair, as I smirk at her.

"This is different Nate. There were many gifted in the thieves guild. We would practice with each other, it could get nasty. The guild changed drastically after my parents died. They tried to keep as many gifted as they could, they were using us. The man that took over.... Anyway.. It was part of the reason why I left the guild..." Arabella trails off, a distant look in her eyes. There was something else she wasn't telling me, I could feel it.

She had told the crew about her parents, and about the years she was alone. She never mentioned when she was still in the guild after they passed.. I got the feeling something big had to happen to make her leave, but I never pushed the topic with her. When she wanted to tell me she would.

We finally reached the ship, and climbed on board as quietly as we could. We made our way to the captain's quarters, digging through the boxes and shelves. "Something doesn't seem right" Arabella says suddenly, as she glances around the room. "This is too easy... I don't like it. Granted everyone else ran into trouble on the way out..." She trailed off, as she continued to dig through boxes, and I can't help chuckling about how paranoid she's being.

"Arabella, ya need to calm down. Whatever we may have to deal with on the way out, we'll deal with it together." I say, trying to reassure her. She may have been nervous, and I was slightly myself. But I also knew we were both good fighters, and she had good control over her gift, we would make it, we always did somehow.

"Yea I guess.." She murmurs, before pulling a necklace out of a box, a red ruby dangling from it. It had the red string tied on it, and she smirked, showing me she had found it. "Alright, let's get out of here." She adds, and I nod, taking her hand as we quietly head for the main deck of the ship.

          We take about three steps out onto the deck, when suddenly, a line of fire shoots out in front of us, directly in our path. We both freeze, and turn to look, to find a few members of the crew watching us. "Going somewhere?" One of them asks, smirking, as he shoots another line of fire at us.

              "It's a game, no need to get so hostile." I snarl, glaring at the crew member. The fire got a little to close to Arabella for my liking, and I was already reaching for my sickle and chain, taking a slight step forward.

                 Another one suddenly appears in front of us, right in our faces. "That wasn't hostile at all, we didn't burn her." He says, laughing, as he disappears, and reappears a second later by the rest of his crew once more. I narrow my eyes at him, and get ready to step forward, when Arabella stops me, taking a step forward as she draws a card from her jacket pocket.

                 "Alright. I suggest you back off, we meant no harm." She says, glaring as she charges a card, throwing it a few feet in front of their group, and it explodes, not that far in front of them. "And that didn't explode on you. But be sure, the next one, I won't miss." She adds, narrowing her eyes at them, and I can't help but smile, watching her.

             "Well boys, the girl ain't so different...Oi Cap, come see this. The girl's like us." One of them calls out, as they all look at Arabella, looks of shock, and surprise across their group.

                Their group parts, and a man walks forward. He was tall, slightly above six foot, with dark skin, and dark hair. He had bright blue eyes. Looking at him, you would have never known he was the captain. He didn't wear a captain's hat, and was dressed casually in blue, blending in with the rest of his crew. He had a saber hanging from his belt, and he looked at Arabella, raising an eyebrow in question. "The girl, she's gifted?" He asks, looking at us both, and I nod warily. "Let's see it then." He adds, gesturing for her to show him.

Arabella draws a card, charging it, before tossing it away from everyone. The captain's eyes widen when it explodes, glancing from the explosion to her, and back again, smirking slightly. "So she is. It's rare for me to come across a gifted already apart of a pirate crew." He muses. "Which crew?" He asks, looking to her.

"The Sirius." She answers curtly, as she steps back towards me. I take her hand in mine, and their captain glances towards our hands, then back to her.

"This is the Fenrir, and I go by captain Lapys. I could teach you a lot, for I have gifts of my own." He adds, shooting a bright blue light up into the sky. Arabella's eyes widen as she watches him do this.

"Captain.... We don't know her. She already belongs to another crew. You don't know you can trust her." One of his crew protest, eyeing Arabella warily.

The captain holds his hand up, silencing his crew member. "She could train here, work on her magic. We don't have any gifts here similar to yours." He adds, looking at her once more.

I step forward, not liking where this is going. "She has a crew. We're her family. We really should be going." I say, and the captain's smile falters, as he narrows his eyes slightly at me. I take her hand in mine, and start heading towards the exit.

"I'm sorry, but I can't leave my crew. I appreciate it though, but I can't leave them." She says apologetically, as she lets me pull her towards the exit.

He nods, and we break out into a run. I glance back, and see another shot of blue light, not that far from us, and I pull her, as I try to run faster.

We finally reach the ship, and we don't stop running until we reach the dining room, much to the surprise of the crew. "What happened?" Cecilia asks, looking concerned, and the rest of the crew looks at us as well.

"There's an entire crew of gifted, like me, but different abilities." Arabella announces, taking a seat on one of the chairs, and I take a seat next to her. "We got the treasure though." She adds, smirking, as she sets the necklace on the table.

"The fuck. An entire crew? That's not good." Kris adds, looking at us, then at Morgan, who nods.

"The Fenrir. I've heard of them. Wasn't sure if it was true or not. Interesting." Morgan muses, taking a drink of water.

"He offered to teach Arabella her gift... Tryin to get her to stay there, I think." I add, and everyone looks surprised at my words.

"He tried to get her to join his crew then?" Penelope asks, her brows furrowing, looking slightly irritated.

"After they saw what she could do." I answer shrugging.

"So he just wants her for her gift. What the hell.." Luna adds, sounding irritated as well.

"Now, now, we don't know that for sure. He just offered to help you with your gift right?" Morgan asks, looking at Arabella, who nods.

"I don't like it. He has gifts too. I don't like how he looked at her." I huff, crossing my arms, glancing at captain.

"He might not have meant any harm by it Nate. Calm down. Can't blame someone for being curious about her, especially knowing what she can do." Captain chides, and i begrudgingly nod, letting it go for now.

"We'll just be on our guard, but we don't know if they really want anything. Though it's slightly alarming, an entire crew of gifted." Eduardo muses, and everyone agrees to leave it alone for now.

We all turn in for the night, and the next morning, all the crews gather, to announce the winner, the pirate games finally coming to a close.

                   Each crew takes their haul of treasure up, and we all wait as the Rika crew counts the treasures. We glance around while we wait, and notice captain Cecil coming our way, looking clearly pissed off, as he heads directly for Allison. The girls notice, immediately flocking to her, staring down Cecil.

                   "You have no business over here Cecil. I suggest you head elsewhere." Penelope snaps, fire in her green eyes as she glares at the captain, a hand already reaching for her katana.

                    He glares at Allison, before eyeing the rest of the girls. "That bitch got me in trouble with the captain's." He snarls taking another step forward.

                  "You brought that on yourself , asshole. Now back the hell off." Kris adds, glaring as she draws her pistol.

                   "You're disgusting. You don't deserve to be a captain." Luna snaps, fire in her normally kind brown eyes, as she flicks one of her fighting fans open, glaring at Cecil.

                    "You heard them bish. They said leave." Cecilia says, cracking her whip at his feet, causing him to jump back, away from us.

                   "They can't help you forever Allison." He says, looking to Allison.

                 "See that's the thing, we can. She's one of us now. She's a Sirius pirate now, asshole. We take care of our own. Now get away from her." Arabella snarls, whipping out her staff, as she glares.

                   "Get away Cecil." Allison finally says, drawing an arrow, and aiming it at the captain, who finally walks away.

Next, captain Lapys approaches, making a beeline for Arabella. "So this is your crew then? The Sirius?" He asks, glancing at everyone.

The crew eyes him warily, though a few nod. "Yea that's right." Kris says suddenly, narrowing her eyes at the captain.

"The offer still stands, though I'm sorry, I may have forgotten to get your name." He adds, sounding slightly amused, as he looks to Arabella.

"Arabella. No thank you. This is my family, I can't leave them, especially not for a long period of time." Arabella replies quickly, taking a step forward.

"We told ya captain Funto... Besides we don't know her anyways." One of his crew suddenly speaks up, and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Funny, you introduced yourself as captain Lapys, so which is it?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him.

He shrugs, not really even looking at me. "I go by many names." He answers simply. "Anyway, it was nice meeting you, Arabella, Sirius. I'll see you again soon....." He adds, before turning to walk away.

One of his crew steps forward, the fire user, shooting a line of fire at us, that barely missed us.

"Really? What the fuck?" Kris snaps, pulling her pistol.

"I got this Kris." Arabella adds, before drawing a card, throwing it at them. Their crew jumps back as it explodes.

Their crew narrows their eyes at her, and I go stand next to her, slipping an arm around her as I glare at them. "We'll meet again Sirius." One of them calls out, as they walk away.

"It's a tie!" We suddenly hear, drawing our attention to captain Alan. "Between the Sirius, and the Fenrir" Alan adds, looking at both crews.

"What the hell?" Penelope exclaims, raising an eyebrow.

"There shouldn't be a tie Alan! You were supposed to set up an odd number of treasure so this kinda stuff doesn't happen!" Morgan yells, sounding slightly exasperated.

"There was a tie breaker, set up through the events, in case this happens.. One of the events led you to a sapphire, if anyone participated in that one?" Alan asks, looking between both crews, and Penelope smirks, jumping forward.

"We have it!!! I also have all the maps and clues to prove it!" Penelope announces, running up to captain Alan, and producing the items from her bag.

"The Sirius wins then! I have a map to a famous hot springs!" Alan announces, handing Morgan a map.

"A hot springs?" Cecilia asks, sounding shocked.

"That damn pervert. What kinda treasure is that?" Kris exclaims, shaking her head.

"Beggars can't be choosers. We just take it." Morgan says, sighing, as he takes the map.

"Oh and the Rika crew is accompanying you!" Alan announces excitedly, and we all groan, but it's decided we didn't want to waste the trip, so we were going to go anyway.

A/n: hi everyone!!! Sorry this took so long! So I'm gonna need that secret, or backstory before the next chapter. I've already got it from some of you, so thanks... There's girl bonding of sorts, then after the next chapter we have the epilogue... I actually finally have some ideas for the sequel... This next one is gonna have more action and trials for the crew I think. I'm thinking of putting a sneak peak i think, putting it somewhere else, another book, but yea... I don't have the first chapter written yet, but I have an idea of one part, so yea... I think I'll put that up, to give you guys an idea. Anyways... Thanks for reading, sorry for taking so long! ^_^.
-Jinx

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

14.4K 516 37
PG-16 // EVENTUAL SMUT You meet Sirius and Regulus at a family vacation in the Caribbean, but things don't go as planned and you end up losing contac...
181K 6.7K 22
[𝐑𝐄-𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆] Lucy Heartfilia thought she had it all. She was in the best guild, had the best friends, was allowed to practice her magic. But...
6.1K 316 23
Arabella Rose, 22, is a rogue panther shifter, the last of her kind. Hunters have killed off her family (that she knows of) leaving her to be a rogue...
52.3K 1.7K 15
People said our dads fell in love, but were kept apart by their parents. But dad said this wasn't true, and I believe him, I always have. He's not al...