Chapter 3

"My parents were both thieves." I begin, "Both apart of the thieves guild, and taught me everything they knew. They died when I was younger, but not before teaching me their ways. Been on my own ever since. " I explain, looking around at everyone.

"I'm sorry about your parents." Morgan says somberly, the rest of the crew nodding as well.

"It's okay, was a long time ago."

"Which one used two swords?" Russell asks, ducking his head and blushing, as he asked. I couldn't help smiling at the question, before answering.

"My mother, she used two swords. She was also good with hand to hand, but for weapons she liked two swords. My old man said she was fiery when she was younger, always picking fights." I smile remembering.

"And your father?" Morgan asks, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

"My father was unique. He fought with an extendable staff, and daggers. He was very fast and nimble, usually preferring to throw his weapons." I smile, running my fingers across the deck of cards in my pocket, remembering how he always used to shuffle his cards.

"So you use the weapons your parents used." Nathan adds quietly, making me look over at him, surprised.

"Y-yes, I have and know how to use them all." I admit, nodding. "Observant aren't you?" I mumble, and that earns me a small smile from him.

"She's  got a lot in common with ya Nate." Russell grins as he teases the chef.

"Really?" I look at Nathan, curious. The shy man nods, his cheeks suddenly a light pink as I meet his gaze.

"Yea, um, I was a thief too." He admits quietly.

"Oh. Hmmm. Interesting." Is all I manage, trying to picture it, though honestly it wasn't that hard to picture.

"She might be able to give ya a run for your money Nate." Captain interrupts, his eyes twinkling. Everyone looks at cap, the questions clear in their eyes. I raise my eyebrows at the Captain, seems like he knows something. Possibly one of the things I've tried very hard to hide. "If you're half as good as your father was Miss Lebeau?" Morgan drops the bomb, and I have to admit I'm shocked. I knew people out there knew my parents but I wasn't sure if pirates did. Guess that answers that. Everyone looks at me confused. Only Nathan glances at me, looking intrigued, like he heard of them as well.

I clear my throat, before asking, "You've heard of my parents I take it?" I ask, meeting the captains gaze.

"You're the spitting image of your mother, though I see your father in you as well." Morgan grins, a teasing tone to his words.

"How long have you known? Did you actually know them?" I ask feeling my face flush from the sudden embarrassment.

"I suspected, you look just like rouge, as I've said. But when you described them, I knew. The heads of the thieve's guild were very unique. Yes I knew them, very unique indeed." A smile tugs Morgan's lips as he explains.

"Your parents ran the thieve's guild?" Nathan asks, clearly shocked. I nod, confirming it.

"Yes they did, and how well did you know them Morgan?" I look at my captain, wondering how much he knows.

"I knew Gambit and Rouge decently well. Or as their other names Remy and Marie." Morgan answers, giving me a slight nod. So he knows.

Nathan speaks up. "They said Gambit and Rouge were two of the best. That they also had unique magic of sorts, along with their skilled fighting. You're their daughter?" Nathan glances at me.

"Yes. Though magic isn't what it was. it was a genetic abnormality, something you're born with, a gift. Where they were from it wasn't uncommon for people to have gifts. It was less common where they raised me though." I admit.

"What kind of gifts?" Christopher asks.

"Everyone had different gifts. I've only seen a few with similar gifts. Sometimes a parent and child would have the same gift." I explain, shrugging, though I find myself dreading the next question.

"So did you get your mothers or your fathers?" Morgan finally asks, eyes twinkling mischievously. Everyone looks at me surprised, curiosity in their eyes.

"Lets just say I wouldn't want to use it in a small space or inside." I answer meeting Morgan's gaze. He simply nods and smiles, letting me know he probably either knows, or has an idea. I can tell they all want to know, but I won't say, not yet.

I get up and start clearing plates, and go into the kitchen, before I hear the door open behind me. "Hey are you okay?" Nathan asks quietly.

I turn around,
At the sound of his voice. "Yes I am thanks." I say, giving him a small smile. I'm touched that he was so concerned and checked on me.

"I'm curious to see you in action now." he grins at me.

"I'm sure you'll see sometime." I reply, flipping my hair over my shoulder as I find myself grinning back at him.