Stunning; Fred Weasley

By padfootsbike

"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, Elle," he whispered, his face slowly coming down to mine. My... More

PROLOGUE
ONE
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
NOT A CHAPTER
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
SEQUEL
EDITING
EDITING PT. 2
EDITING PT. 3
100K READS!
Announcements

TWO

38.8K 671 388
By padfootsbike

I woke up, excited to go to the Weasleys. The Quidditch World Cup is in a few days! Sunlight was streaming through the windows, making my mood even brighter. I practically skipped down the stairs, still in my Gryffindor pajamas.

Mum was waiting for me in the kitchen. She had a bowl of cereal ready and sitting on the table. She was sitting there, reading the Daily Prophet. Merlin, I hate that bloody newspaper. I don't see how Mum can read it!

"Honey, I'm afraid I have some bad news," she said, setting down the newspaper and looking up at me.

This is what I get when I'm in a good mood. I instantly felt my good mood vanish, replaced by worry. I took in a deep breath. "Just tell me what it is," I replied, hesitantly sitting down in front of my bowl of cereal.

"I can't let you go to the Quidditch World Cup."

"What? Why not?"

"We have some business to take care of throughout the month."

"Business? What kind of business?"

"Your father is coming to stay with us for the rest of the summer."

Am I supposed to be happy that he's coming or disappointed that I can't go to the World Cup?

A crack coming from the living room startled us. "Anne?"

Mum looked at me before rushing to the living room. "Remus! You're early!" She exclaimed, her eyes instantly lighting up at the thought of her best friend and love of her life in the house.

I slowly walked in behind Mum. "Hey, Dad," I said with an awkward wave. "Hello, professor," I added. I bit my lip, folding my arms in front of me out of slight embarrassment at being seen in my short Gryffindor shorts and tank top.

"Elle, I'm not your professor anymore. Call me Remus," he responded, giving me a small smile. I smiled at the two men standing in front of me, finally starting to loosen up. This is going to be fun.
----
The rest of the summer flew by with Dad there. We didn't do much, just sat around and exchanged stories. He loved stories of the twins and I, and I loved seeing him and Mum look at each other with pure love in their eyes. It was refreshing, seeing Mum like this. When it was just us, you could tell there was something missing. Don't get me wrong, she loves me with all her heart and is the best mum I could ever ask for, but I could just tell that something was missing. Now she's found it.

Before I knew it, it was time to board the Hogwarts Express.

I had told Mum and Dad goodbye at home, as Sammy and her parents were taking me to King's Cross. Mum had informed them about Dad, assuring them that he was innocent, so they understood that they couldn't take me.

Sammy and I wandered the train until we found the twins and Betty. It was relieving to see the ginger boys and dark haired girl after what happened at the World Cup. As soon as I heard, I sent a dozen owls a day to each of my friends, needing constant affirmation that they were perfectly fine. I'm sure I annoyed the hell out of them, though. Oh well.

A few more hours later, after a typical train ride (consisting of new ideas for pranks and the joke shop the twins and I hope to open) we were in the Great Hall, watching the first year students get Sorted. To me, the Sorting was quite boring. It's just a bunch of children sitting on a stool with a hat on their head that yells out a name of one of the Houses. I didn't really pay attention, only clapping when the others at the Gryffindor table did.

After everyone was Sorted, Dumbledore got to his feet, his arms wide in welcome.  "I have only two words to say to you: tuck in."

I had forgotten how amazing the Hogwarts feast was, especially the first feast of the year. I ate enough for about five people I believe. I sat in between Fred and George, with Fred constantly trying to take my food. I kept swatting at him, with him smirking at me. He kept asking me questions about pranks I had come up with over the summer. I answered them and then we started talking about muggle bands. George and Betty were debating over the best candy Honeydukes has, and Sammy was watching them, clearly amused since George was getting quite into it. Hermione, Harry, and Ron would occasionally talk to us and we would butt into their conversations from time to time. After everyone had finished eating Dumbledore stood up and began, "Mr. Filch, the caretaker, has asked me to tell you that the list of objects forbidden inside the castle has this year been extended to include Screaming Yo-yos, Fanged Frisbees, and Ever-Bashing Boomerangs. The full list comprises some four hundred and thirty-seven items, I believe, and can be viewed in Mr. Filch's office, if anybody would like to check it.

"As ever, I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year.

"It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

I heard Harry gasp and saw Fred and George mouth soundlessly at Dumbledore. I forced back a laugh, wondering how any of those three were going to survive a whole year without Quidditch. Fred and George, no doubt, would still find a way to steal a set so that they could still let off some steam. It wouldn't be surprised if they enlist Harry, Ron, and the three of us girls' help.

Dumbledore continued, "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers' time and energy, but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-"

He was cut off by a rumble of thunder and the doors of the Great Hall bursting open.

Someone dressed in a black cloak was in the doorway, leaning against a long staff. Everyone in the Great Hall turned toward this stranger, when a bright bolt of lightning flashed across the ceiling.

The person lowered their hood, revealing that it was a man, shook out dark grey hair, and began walking toward the teachers' table.

A clunk rang throughout the Hall with his every other step. He reached the staff table and limped over to Dumbledore. More lightning flashed across the ceiling.

The lightning had revealed the man's face. It was... disturbing. It looked as if someone had let a two year old at a piece of wood, telling them to make it into a face. A large chunk of his nose was missing and one of his eyes was small and beady, while the other was large, round, and electric blue.

The eye never seemed to stop moving and even rolled right over, revealing nothing but whiteness.

Whoever it is sat down and pulled a plate toward him, sniffing it. He took a knife out of his pocket, stabbed a sausage, and ate it. An awkward silence filled the Great Hall and the tension rose at the sight of the stranger.

"May I introduce our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher?" Dumbledore asked brightly. "Professor Moody."

My jaw dropped. As in, the famous auror? The guy who's responsible for the capture of countless dark wizards?

"As I was saying, we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're JOKING!" said Fred quite loudly. I tried not to flush as every eye in the Great Hall turned to him, and me since I was right beside him.

Nearly everyone laughed and even Dumbledore chuckled, which wasn't all that surprising since he loves our pranks. Dad even told me a few stories about pranks he loved of theirs.

"I am not joking, Mr. Weasley. Though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a gag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar..."

McGonagall cleared her throat loudly. Shame, I really would have loved to see where that went.

"Er... but maybe this is not the time... no... where was I? Ah yes, the Triwizard Tournament... well some of you will not know what this tournament involves, so I hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation, and allow their attention to wander freely."

Mum had told me some about the tournament, but I had found some books in the library on it as well. In my opinion, it's a ghastly ordeal who's only purpose is to kill off two or three young wizards a year. Basically, it's just some big event to put three young magical people through three extremely difficult tasks in order to try and win a small fortune and eternal glory. I forced myself to focus back on Dumbledore and out of my thoughts.

"The Heads of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving with their shortlisted contenders in October, and the selection of the three champions will take place at Halloween. An impartial judge will decide which students are most worthy to compete for the Triwizard Cup, the glory of their school, and a thousand Galleons personal prize money."

"I'm going for it!" I heard Fred say. Please, Fred, no.

"Eager though I know all of you will be to bring the Triwizard Cup to Hogwarts, the Heads of the participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year. Only students who are of age, that is to say seventeen years or older, will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration. This is a measure we feel is necessary, given that the tournament tasks will still be difficult and dangerous, whatever precautions we take, and it is highly unlikely that students below sixth and seventh year will be able to cope with them. I will personally be ensuring that no underage student hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them Hogwarts champion." I noticed Dumbledore's eyes flicker to the twins. It seems he already knows that the twins want to enter.

"I therefore beg you not to waste your time submitting yourself if you are under seventeen.

"The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving in October and remaining with us for the greater part of this year. I know that you will all extend every courtesy to our foreign guests while they are with us, and will give your whole-hearted support to the Hogwarts champion when he or she is selected. And now, it is late, and I know how important it is to you all to be alert and rested as you enter your lessons tomorrow morning. Bedtime! Chop chop!"

"They can't do that! We're seventeen in April, why can't we have a shot?" George asked. Good, the Ministry should do this! It's dangerous! Spells needed to win this tournament are extremely difficult, and not many grown people could actually get through all this.

"They're not stopping me entering," said Fred stubbornly, as he was scowling at the top table. "The champions'll get to do all sorts of stuff you'd never be allowed to do normally. And a thousand Galleons prize money!"

"Fred! You could die! These tasks are designed to get you injured or killed!" I tried to tell him, but he ignored me.

Hermione finally got us to leave. As we walked the corridors, I made sure to nod to every portrait and listen to the clicking of all of our shoes on the stone floor. It felt good to see all the familiar portraits and he moving staircases. I'm finally home.

We eventually made it to the common room and the prefect- who is not near as bad as Percy was when he was a prefect- said the password.

I tiredly made my way up to the dorm, ready to collapse after all the food I ate. I feel like Ron! I hardly ever eat as much as I just did! I need sleep...

The next morning we got our new schedules. All the Gryffindor sixth years- A.K.A. us- have the same classes at the same time, save for the electives.

I saw Fred, George, and Lee discussing ways of aging themselves and trying to get into the tournament, while Sammy and Betty were rolling their eyes at them. I rolled my eyes as well. Why can't they just let it rest? I don't want them to get hurt!

When I sat down beside Fred, George, Betty, and Sammy we immediately started comparing schedules. Good, I got them off of the subject of the tournament.
——
That afternoon we finally got to go to Defense Against the Dark Arts, which is now taught by Alastor Moody, former Auror.

The lesson was horrendous. He showed the class all the Unforgivable Curses, performing them on a spider. I hate spiders, but that was ridiculous! Nothing deserves to go through what they did! Not to mention all the screaming of, "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!"

When he came to the Cruciatus Curse he wouldn't stop until I shouted at him, "Stop! Stop!" As much as I hate spiders I didn't like seeing one in so much pain. It was writhing and screaming the best that a spider can.

When we were finally able to leave, an extra ten minutes early, I hurried out, leaving my friends behind. I heard Fred calling after me but I wanted to get out of that class as soon as possible. I didn't imagine Moody would be that bad! Sure, he's an auror, but still, showing students the Unforgivable Curses? There's a reason they're named what they are!

I headed to Potions, grabbed a seat in the back, and got out my ingredients. I desperately tried to get DADA out of my head. The image of a spider writhing, nearly drowning itself under the Imperius curse, and then being killed seemed to be stained into my eyelids.

"Hello, cousin," a voice drawled.

"Why hello, cousin," I spat back. I had pieced it together over the summer with the help of Dad. Draco Malfoy is my cousin because his mum was a Black. Just because he's my cousin, doesn't mean I have to like him. From the stories Dad told me about Lucius, I want nothing to do with any offspring of his.

"How was your summer holiday?" That was surprisingly soft for him... or at least for the part of him everyone seen.

"It was fine, how about yours?" I asked him back, stunned. I froze in the middle of getting my textbook out, making me quite the sight, I'm sure.

"Oh the usual, boring."

"Why are you here?" I asked. I mean, he's not a sixth year so he couldn't be in my class.

"My class is right before yours," he informed me, making eye contact.

Our conversation was cut short by Fred, taking the seat next to me. "Elle, why did you rush out like that?"

I saw Draco leave swiftly out of the corner of my eye.

"I couldn't stand to be in that classroom any longer."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 8.2K 38
"Elle! Where have you been, dearie?" shrieked Molly. "We've been worried sick! I went to pick up Callie and when I got back you weren't here!" George...
56.7K 590 44
WARNING: SMUT, 18+ READERS ONLY!- ; (contains heavy sexual content, language, drugs, violence) Camellia Larke has had a bit of a crush on Fred Weasle...
2.2M 61.6K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
28.1K 957 40
George weasley×Reader George is walking down the hall one morning by himself when he hears two people talking. "It's very nice to meet you Dobby,"He...