Second Chance At Fate

Door AlexisBaldeo12

After being rejected by her soul mate, Emily Keys realizes she doesn't need him or any other man in her life... Meer

Second Chance At Fate
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's NOTE
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 30

10.2K 347 27
Door AlexisBaldeo12

          I ran through all the chaos that seemed to have erupted only after a minute. I don’t understand how everything could be fine one moment and then they’re like this. I saw a deep red wolf limping around. I knew it was Emmett and he was hurt. I had to help him. Without thinking I ran into the clearing making myself vulnerable to all the weapons flying through the air at people. I was a pissed pregnant wolf and those two things don’t mix well. I growled loudly and it looked as if everyone stopped just to look at me, rage was radiating off my body. Emmett stared at me and I growled at him ordering him to move out my way which he did no questions asked. I pounced on top of the filthy hunter; I didn’t even give her a chance to scream as my teeth tore her head from her body my white fur and teeth dyed red as I chewed on her head. The taste was nasty and tart but I ate her head anyway, no one hurts my friends.

‘Emily she’s dead’ Emmett said.

‘Not enough’ I growled.

‘Thanks’

‘This is not the time hurry up and heal’ I snapped.

          I took my place as a true Luna when I jumped into the middle of the fight. A tall man with shoulder length hair and tattoos dressed in black with a silver crossbow stepped in my path. I growled at him warningly. He lifted the bow but before he could pull the trigger a giant black wolf bit hard on his neck and he looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes.

‘We made a deal, to stay near each together at all times’ he growled at me.

‘Well sorry for saving one of my hurt pack members’

          Cole lunged behind me at another hunter I saw Dex fighting and I also saw Kimberly still in human form eyeing me with a murderous glare. I didn’t understand what was happening as she ran at me. Something was telling me to be afraid of her my fear kicked in and I ran through the trees this felt like my dream I was running towards the lake not understanding why I was running from her of all people. I skidded to a stop as I came to the start of the lake. I saw Kimberly run through the trees and my heart spiked in fear.

“Hello Emily, surprised?” she laughed humorlessly, I growled.

“I can’t understand you dog, bark louder,” she teased and I growled.

          I watched her every move as she showed me a mark on her chest that just seemed to magically appear. I knew now she was a hunter a very skilled one too, I froze in shock.

“Don’t worry I don’t care much for anyone but you, after you die we’ll leave,” she said and I growled.

“We can do this the easy way or the hard way,” she said I lunged at her back leg and she screamed as she pulled a gun on me immediately.

          I pulled away from her all I could think about was my baby dying because of me. I slowly stepped back going to make a run for it but she was to fast I heard the bullet whiz in the air and I waited for it to kill me I was too late. But I opened my eyes to see the bullet never touched me. I looked down and howled in a heartbreaking pain. That big brown wolf that I love so much despite everything that has happened was slowly dying as he shifted into my worst nightmare come true. I shifted back not bothering to nudge him like I did in my dream this was real and I knew what was going to happen next. I was completely vulnerable but I didn’t care I loved him. I lay his head on my lap and cry; I couldn’t help the words that came out of my mouth as I stared at his slowly paling face.

“Dex, talk to me, please, I need you!” I cried as my heart felt like it was dying slowly.

“Dex please, don’t do this to---“

“Emily,” he grunted I looked at him and heard the screams of Kim being ripped to shreds but I was too worried about Dex to think about who was doing it.

“Dex, I’m here,” I cried harder as I ran my fingers through his soft hair and rocked back and forth.

“I need you to leave,” he grunted and I shook my head.

“Go now!” he yelled as loud as he could as he coughed up blood.

“I’m not leaving you,” I whispered.

“Please, I’ll---“

“Don’t lie to me, I won’t leave you,” Dex smiled with his blood red teeth he choked and coughed again.

“Please,” I cried.

“Emily, I love---“ I looked at him and his eyes rolled back in his head as he lay there dead in my arms.

          I couldn’t move, how could Dex be gone but I’m still here, it wasn’t fair. I cried and cried, I tried to tell myself he would be okay but as I felt his blood start to trickle down my naked body I knew he was dead and he wasn’t coming back. I continued to cry and then I noticed the fighting stopped as it started to rain. We won but I wasn’t happy, Dex was dead because of me, the rain washed all the blood away from Dex I felt a sharp pain but I ignored it no pain was worse than this. I looked up through the rain and I saw both packs gathered around the lake staring at me. But I didn’t move I just stared at Dex’s corpse. I saw a deep brown wolf walk toward us and he howled in pain it was Chris his father. Chris nudged me with his snout and I cried into his fur.

“We need to go inside,” Cole shifted back and stared at me and I gasped as another sharp pain hit me, even if I wanted to leave which I didn’t,  I couldn’t.

“It’s my fault,” my body became numb as I looked at Dex’s body.

“No, it’s not,”

“Yes it is!” I yelled with a hoarse voice from crying.

“I didn’t even, I never even, I should be dead not him,” I cried.

“No, don’t say that,” Cole said and I shook my head.

“Let’s go,” he put his arm around my shoulder.

“I can’t,” I said honestly.

“I know---“

“I physically cannot move,” I interrupted.

“What---“ my father shifted.

“I don’t understand?” my father said as he stared at me with worried eyes I looked up at Cole and cried.

“I think my water just broke,” I said.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1M 22.7K 58
A/N: The name used to be Broken...Yet still holding on. Figured its time for a change. "Silo, tell me...did you claim her?" he looked guilty but did...
897K 22.4K 18
"Since nobody cares to believe me I'm leaving this note. But I know it's just going to be in the trash as soon as you know I wrote it. But I don't ca...
94.6K 5K 63
Part One to The Mallapers Series. Sequel is completed. For centuries the werewolf population has been at peace. There have been no wars, no conflict...
4.1M 125K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...