Chapter 20

A fancy Italian Restaurant came into view. We pulled up to the front and valet took Cole’s keys and we stepped out just as my parents and Chase stepped out.

“Must be a special occasion,” Cole said as he held my hand.

“The Alpha’s probably announcing something important,” I smiled up at him.

          We all walked towards the entrance and the waiter immediately showed us to our table. I saw a few people I didn’t recognize from our pack but Dex and Chris were there.

“Hey John,” Chris smiled up at my dad.

“Hey Chris,”

“So you’re Chris’s Beta?” an older woman asked.

“Yep and you are?” my dad asked.

“I’m Lauren Scott and this is my daughter Kimberly and my husband Keith,” Keith sent us a polite smile and I returned it.

“This is my wife Sarah, my son Chase, my daughter Emily, and her mate Cole,” my dad smiled as Chris’s mouth dropped open.

“You found your mate?” he asked astonished.

“Oh yeah not until recently though,” Dex looked up at me and smiled sadly I took a seat next to Cole and he held my hand under the table.

“So what’s up?” my dad asked and we all waited for the answer.

“Well I wanted to introduce you guys to your soon-to-be new Luna,” Chris smiled and my jaw dropped.

          I was happy for Dex and she was pretty too. I smiled and then I looked at Cole and saw that  he was tense. He looked down at me and shook his head I rubbed his thigh softly and he seemed to relax.

“That’s wonderful,” I smiled at Dex and Kimberly.

“Yep, he’s mine now,” she growled at me and touched Dex’s shoulder.

“Okay,” I said as I smiled at how pathetic she was for doing that, I just leaned on Cole’s shoulder.

“I’m going to be Luna so that means you take orders from me,” she said and I did not like her attitude and Cole tensed again.

“You won’t be her Luna,” Cole growled and everyone including Dex looked up at him confused.

“She’s in this pack right?” Kim said.

“Not for long, I am next in line to be Alpha of my pack so she will be Luna of my pack,” Cole growled and I rubbed his shoulder signaling for him to calm down.

“Are you going to let him talk to me like that daddy?” she asked looking at Keith, he smiled softly at Cole.

“I’m sure my daughter didn’t mean to offend you,” he admitted.

“She should know her place when talking to my mate,” Cole growled and Chris cleared his throat.

“Who wants an appetizer?” my dad said breaking the tension, I just smiled at him.

          After we ordered our courses I excused myself to the bathroom and walked into the restroom. I was looking in the mirror when I saw Kim walk in and she leaned on the stall with her arms crossed glaring at me.

“Can I help you?” I asked as politely as possible.

“You can stop trying to steal Dex away from me look at your outfit you scream easy!” she growled and I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever I have my mate I have no reason to want Dex,” I admitted.

“Yeah right like that hunk out there would ever choose you as a mate,”