HYPNOTIC ✗ rucas

By adoringrucas

[ 2016 GMW Choice Award Winner ] [ 2017 GMAWARDS Winner ] ❝I l o v e d her not for the way she d a n c e d... More

0.1; "Today's the day."
0.2; "He's dark."
0.3; "Ladies."
0.4; "I'm Lucas Friar."
0.5; "He saved me."
0.6; "Here goes nothing."
0.7; "She took my breath away."
0.8; "Goodnight, Riley."
0.9; "I'm falling for Riley Matthews."
1.0; "My hero."
1.1; "Afraid."
1.2; "Hate is a strong word."
1.3; "I'm here."
1.4; "Why?"
1.5; "Friend or nothing."
1.6; "Can I trust you?"
1.7; "It's a date."
1.8; "Lost in time."
1.9; "Jealousy."
2.0; "I will always choose her."
2.1; "Friendsgiving."
2.2; "Take my hand."
2.3; "Birthday."
2.4; "Lost me forever."
2.5; "Goodbye my lover."
2.6; "Just let it in."
2.7; "Moving on."
2.8; "New beginning."
2.9; "After all this time."
3.0; "I need you."
3.1; "The love we deserve."
3.2; "Save me."
3.3; "You remember?"
3.4; "Hold me forever."
3.5; "Home is when i'm with you."
3.6; "Sense & Sensibility."
3.7; "I promise."
3.8; "Love changes us."
3.9; "I've got you."
4.0; "Broken."
4.1; "You and me forever."
4.2; "Stay with me."
4.3; "She's my world."
4.4; "Remember me always."
4.5; "Just like yesterday."
4.6; "Back to the start."
4.7; "First date."
4.8; "Let me go."
4.9; "I remember."

5.0; "I love you."

10.1K 427 790
By adoringrucas

Riley's body was shaking, she felt like everything surrounding her was swirling around. It suddenly felt like all these little pieces of her heart were stitched back together, her heart felt whole again.

"I remember." She began to cry, as she covered her mouth instantly. She spoke loudly and proudly. Never, in her entire life, has she ever felt so many emotions hit her at once. She wasn't sure what to do, except for one thing.

"I promised I wouldn't let go." Riley whispered, as she looked down to her necklace, crying tears of joy. She has never  felt so happy in her entire life, it was overwhelming, but in the best way possible. His eyes, his smile, his messy disheveled hair, everything. Every kiss, every memory, every moment. Everything.

The only question left was, what the hell was she waiting for?

"I have to find him." She whispered, before she suddenly dropped her journal from her hands, not caring about anything else, as she rushed out of her bedroom swiftly. Her roaring footsteps caught the attention of her parents, and also Auggie, whom wanted to give her some alone time, prior she had asked. They were sitting down on the couch, until suddenly their attention turned behind them, only to see their daughter standing there with tears streaming down her face.

Riley stood there, breathing heavily as the joyful tears rushed down her face.
"Riley?" Auggie suddenly asked. Riley's mouth opened wide, as she smiled brightly. "I remember." Was all she spoke, before her parent's lips curved upwards. They all three quickly stood up and ran over to Riley, embracing her in a hug.

"That's amazing, Riley!" Topanga exclaimed, as they all held tightly onto Riley whom was still crying. "I'm so proud of you, sweetie." Cory whispered, holding his daughter close. They all let go, to see Riley smiling once more. "Everything came back, like this overflowing river.. at once, I-I was consumed by it-" "Because he's your prince."

Auggie cut Riley off, and her breath suddenly stopped for a moment. She looked downwards, before she began to cry again. "Yeah, Auggie. He is." She responded in a whisper, as she bent down and embraced her little brother in a hug. Auggie smiled.

"So you're going to get married now?" Auggie asked, and Riley let go, keeping her hands on his shoulders before she laughed through her tears, along with her parents. Cory wasn't amused.

"No way!" Cory exclaimed,as Riley smiled at Auggie. "Okay, well, I'm glad your okay. But you're going to at least kiss him, right?"  He asked. She laughed again. "I love you Auggie." She giggled, embracing him in one more hug before she stood up, to glance at her parents.

Topanga was so proud of her daughter, she has grown up into a beautiful young woman. She set her hand on Riley's shoulder, "What are you waiting for? Go to him." She smiled, as Riley's heart thudded loudly in her chest with joy, before she looked over to her dad, whom was smiling also.

"Thank you guys." She whispered, looking at them back and forth. Cory smiled. "You're welcome.. now go." He grinned, and Riley let out a giggle, before she turned around, and began to rush out the door faster than she ever has before.

.......

Lucas' breath was shaky, as he sat down in his truck, staring at the airport in front of him. Was he really about to do this?

Lucas looked down to time on his clock;

5:30.

He let out a sigh, before he banged his head backwards onto the his car seat in a frustrated manner. He closed his eyes, as a million thoughts swirled in his mind. He didn't want to let go, but if you love something, you have to let it be free, right?

Lucas sat back up, and just as he was about to jump out of his truck, his phone suddenly rang.

Unknown Caller ID

Austin, Texas

Lucas furrowed his eyebrows slightly, before his heart pounced in a panic. It must be the hospital. Lucas quickly answered, shoving the cold device up to his ear.

"Hello?" He quickly asked, the sound echoing in his ear. It was silent for a second, before a soft, deep voice spoke.

"Lucas."  He whispered.

Lucas felt tears form in his eyes instantly, n-no, this is impossible. This can't be real.

"D-Dad?" Lucas suddenly whispered, before he began to cry. Static came on the other end, before he heard his fathers soothing voice, he hasn't heard it in years. He hasn't talked to his dad, whom he thought was dead for years and years.

He remembers him?

"My boy." He spoke, and Lucas' heart filled up joy and happiness."You're alive." Lucas says, before he smiled. Everything felt like it was moving in slow motion.

"I wanted to call to tell you one very important thing." His dad says, and Lucas nodded his head, as he began to cry again even harder. His father is speaking to him, he's okay. He's gonna be okay.

"When you see the good in someone, you don't give up on them. Especially if they don't see it themselves." 

Lucas was suddenly more confused than ever, what was he talking about it? H-How could he possibly know about Riley?

"D-Dad.. How do you know?" Lucas whispered, as he held on tighter to the phone. The tears were never ending, he was so happy. But still was confused.

"I know, son." He replied, before it fell silent once more. "I'm letting go of my world." Lucas whispered, and the tears suddenly turned to burning ones. Painful.

"Someone once told me, if you're ever lucky enough to find true love, you fight for it. Everyday. With everything in your soul, you don't give up. You hold on."  Will said softly, knowing that those were the words his son needed to hear.

Maybe, his son was confused right now, but it would all make sense later.

"You still believe that, after everything you went through for love?" Lucas asks gently, endearing closer.

Those unforgettable memories Riley came rushing back to his mind,

The moment he saw her walk into the school dance,

Those moments in class where he'd watch her smile brightly,

The moments where he would hold her close, and never let her go.

Lucas felt the tears swell up into his eyes, as the thought of her gave him hope.

"Was it worth it?"

He asked. It fell silent, only the breaths of them both breathing were lingering in the air, before Lucas felt one last tear slip down his cheek.

"If you find someone you love enough to ruin your entire life for," Will says,

"Than it's always worth it." He whispered.

Lucas' heart jumped in his chest, before he looked out of his window, wiping his tears.

"Go to her, my boy." Will spoke. Lucas nodded his head, "Don't give up." His father said, and right before Lucas was about to speak, the line went dead.

A few tears fell from Lucas' eyes, before he wiped them softly, breathing heavily. His father was right.

"What the hell am I doing?" Lucas said, as he began to look around at the airport. He wanted to stay and try to call his dad back, being more confused than ever. But he was done waiting for Riley.  "I promised I wouldn't let her go." He whispered, "I've held on too long to just let her go like that, I'm not giving up on her. Not again, not now,"

"Not ever."

He said, before suddenly he put his keys in the ignition, and began to drive far away from the airport.

........

Riley rushed down the sidewalk, trying to call Lucas numerous times, but it went straight to voicemail. Riley let out a frustrated sigh, it must be dead, she thought.

She quickly called Maya.

Ring.

Ring.

"Hello?" Maya spoke into the phone. "Maya!" Riley exclaimed quickly, 

"Riley? What's wrong?" Maya quickly asked. Riley just smiled widely, as she continued to swiftly walk down the sidewalk. "Nothing. Where are you?!" Riley asks,

 "At Topanga's." Maya quickly responded. Riley looked ahead of her, noticing the cafe was in sight.

"I'll see you in a second." Riley says, before she hung up and began to run faster towards the cafe. She ran down the steps of stairs, before she busted through the doors.

Maya, Farkle, and Zay were all sitting down in the  chairs, before their attention turned towards Riley.

Tears began to fill up in Riley's eyes, so they all quickly ran over to her.

"Riley what's wrong?" Maya asked, standing by close. Riley shook her head, before she smiled.

"I remember, everything." She said, and all three of them gasped loudly. "Seriously?" Farkle asked, just to make sure. Riley pressed out a laugh through her tears, as she grabbed onto Maya's hands, nodding her head.

"It all came back." She said, staring at her best friend. Tears actually filled Maya's eyes, something Riley hasn't seen in a long time. Maya never cried.

"I'm so happy for you." Maya smiled, crying tears of joy as she embraced her friend in a hug. Zay and Farkle joined in, making all of them giggle loudly.

They all departed, before Riley glanced at each one of them.

"Everyday, that I didn't remember.. It was like, I-I was falling in love with him allover again." Riley spoke, before she smiled widely. "I need to find him, do you know where he is? He won't answer his phone." Riley retorted, glancing at all of them for a sign of anything.

Suddenly, once the realization hit, Maya's smile faded away. "Oh no." Maya whispered, stepping back a bit. Riley furrowed her eyebrows, "What?" She asked, confused.

Maya looked down to the ground, as Farkle and Zay glanced at each other, pressing their lips together tightly in a firm line. They had to tell her,

"Maya, Farkle, Zay, what is it?" She quickly asked, and all of them looked at each other, before glancing back to Riley.

"He's leaving, to go back to Texas. He came by a little bit over an hour ago to say goodbye, before he left to go to the airport. His dad's alive, he's going to see him for a few months." Maya responded hesitantly.

I think there is a moment in everyone's life,

Riley completely stopped breathing. Her mind began to blur out everything in sight, as her body shook.

"No." She says, shaking her head. "No! Not after everything we've been through, he can't just leave!" Riley yelled, feeling the burning tears pool around her eyes. "Ril-" "No. No Maya! You don't understand! He promised me. I have to go, I have to go catch him." Riley exasperated, before she backed away from her three best friends.
"Riley!" Maya finally exclaimed.

Riley turned her head, holding one hand on the doorway. All three of them suddenly smiled.

 "Good luck." Maya spoke softly. Riley pressed a small smile.

"Thank you, peaches." She whispered,

 before gifting Zay and Farkle the same smile, before she headed out the door, to chase after the only boy she's ever loved.

.......

Riley continued to try and call Lucas, but not once did he answer, considering it kept flowing back to voicemail. Riley drove quickly down the road towards the airport, as her breathing increased.

Most likely in a moment like this, she would have an anxiety attack. But her faith and hope kept her strong, he can't leave. He won't leave. 

"Please, come back to me." Riley whispered as she tightened her grip on the steering wheel, holding back the tears that were threatening to fall.

where time, just sort of stands still.

Once the airport came into sight, Riley parked immediately out front, not even caring about the no-parking limit. Riley rushed through the front doors, looking everywhere in sight to spot the boy she loves. The airport was huge, considering that it was New York City. Riley ran around, "Lucas!" She shouted, before she passed security and ran towards the terminals.
"Lucas!" She exclaimed once more, scanning the crowds of people, but he was nowhere in sight.

Riley felt herself slowly lose air, before she suddenly saw a plane fly off through the large glass window.

Tears instantly brewing in her eyes, she shook her head. "No." She whispered, before she just stood there for a moment, contemplating. A tear rolled down her flushed cheeks, before her heart made a slight thud.

Everything's frozen, and it's as if a light mist of fog is being scattered across your mind, yet it's clear and powerful at the same time.

"Lucas." She suddenly whispered, her chest and heart regaining hope. Riley quickly turned around, and ran out the doors. She knew he wasn't here, she knew him better than he knows himself practically, so she knows that he couldn't just leave.

 That he wouldn't leave.

Riley jumped into her car, before she drove far away from the airport. She knew where he was, and she was going to find him. She won't give up, they've both fought too hard.

They will never give up on each other. They will always choose each other.

......

How a moment can be so important, that everything just stops, and you get to almost hold onto that moment for what seems like forever, because in that moment nothing else matters.

Riley felt her body begin to shake, as she drove down the small road. She glanced out the side of window, to see the small park, and the deck where her and Lucas had one of the most important moments in their lives.

She smiled, because she remembered.

Riley glanced forward, the sunset suddenly shining in her eyes lightly, as she heard a light boom of thunder clap in the sky.

Some people only get to experience it once, where as I, have been lucky enough to experience it infinite times.

Her heart began to race faster than ever before, this was finally it. She was finally ready to tell him, she's remembered. She's ready to tell him all the things she wished she would have said before.

The beach came into sight, and she choked on her own breath.

She saw a familiar truck parked by the hill, and her eyes instantly lit up, the widest smile forming against her rosy lips. He was actually here, she was right. He didn't leave.

Love can sometimes be the rarest thing on earth,

Lucas sat up on the hill, staring at the ocean as the waves passed him by, the perfect sunset lowering in the sky as colors burst among the clouds. He felt the warm breeze brush up against his face, before he let out a silent sigh. He covered his face with his hands, looking down to the ground steadily.

"What do I do now?" He asks himself. He let her go, he wants her to be happy. But was being with her making her happy? Lucas began to question everything again.

But if you're lucky enough, you will meet that one person. Who will make the sky seems a bit brighter, and the flowers on the ground more vibrant. Who will make your laughter seem louder, smile bigger. Who will change every aspect of your life, but in the best possible way imaginable.

There are certain moments.

"Lucas!" Someone yelled, and Lucas instantly felt his heart stop beating, he wasn't breathing. He stood up quickly, turning around, tears pooling around his eyes. It's impossible.

There stood Riley, standing far over on the hill. Her chest was thudding and tears were streaming down her face as the warm wind brushed against her lightly. was it a dream? He didn't believe it. This can't be real.

Moments of impact.

Lucas couldn't move. He didn't believe that she was standing there right in front of his own eyes.

Riley took a step closer, before the thunder boomed in the sky, but the sun was reflecting off of her face, her sparkling eyes.

She took a deep breath in, before she smiled.

"I remember." She spoke loudly. Suddenly, Lucas couldn't breathe. Rain started drizzling from above, it was like a perfect summer rain.

Those moments can be like a shooting star, you won't ever be able to explain the beauty of it to someone, because it's indescribable.

The ocean waves roared in the back, but the sound couldn't compare to the sound of their heart beats in this moment.

"I remember!" She exclaimed, her heart fluttering, taking a few more steps closer. Lucas stared at the angel in front of him, as his heart filled with joyful tears. She remembered.

Not everyone see's them after all. But for me? 

He didn't say one word, he just stood paralyzed. 

Riley breathed in and out, "I remember our first date, I remember the first time I met you. I remember the day we danced." She spoke.

"I knew it from the first second I met you, I knew it the moment we first danced, the moment we first held each other in our arms. You're everything I inhaled and exhaled, you are my hero." Riley whispered through her tears.

I feel like I have seen an infinite amount of shooting stars, I have felt infinite amounts of breathless moments, with  a certain person who makes love feel larger life itself..

Lucas began to softly cry, she came back to him. He didn't think that she would, but she did. She's here. She always will be..

Riley stared into his eyes from a far, her heart hammering.
the rain pouring from the sky couldn't mask the happy tears falling from her eyes.

Blood pumping rapidly through their veins, body shaking.

"I love you."

She spoke. Lucas' voice became inaudible, he felt every ounce of air in his body disappear. A tear rolled down his cheek, as he stared at her.

"I love you, Lucas. I always have, I never stopped. Not ever since that first day. I love you. I love you." She said again, crying. Lucas' tears rushed down his cheeks. After so long. His heart was beating like never before,

And that was it. Unyielding, Lucas ran over to Riley as fast as he could, the rain pouring down from the sky, drenching every inch of their bodies.

He finally did what he has wanted to do since the very first day he met his eyes with Riley's.

There are some moments, you know you're going to remember forever.  

He cupped his hands around her face, before their bodies caught in an embrace quickly, 

as he collided his lips against hers. Time stood still.

Everything was frozen.

Her lips softened against his, and it was a feeling, an intensity, an embrace that they had never experienced before. A spark, like a million fireworks were going off within their minds, their souls. Their lips moved in sync perfectly. He pulled her tighter against him, as the rain tried escaping between their lips,

But they wouldn't let go.

He wounded his hands in her hair, and their was a rushing sound in her hears, like beating wings. He caressed her cheeks so softly, as her lips pressed against his, and you could feel the love between them, within them. Their was so much love bound in that one, so worth it kiss. They kissed so deeply, like they were going to die tomorrow.

They held tighter on to each other, as her hands tangled into his wet, messy hair, as his arms wrapped tighter around her waist, pressing their bodies against each others, not letting any space come between them. His touch was feathery soft against her soaking wet skin, their bodies tingling in every possible place, from their lips all the way down to their toes. 

Their lips slowly released from each others, the light from the sunset creeping in between the tiny space from their lips. They stared up into each other's eyes, foreheads pressed up against each others breathlessly. Riley inhaled deeply, as she stared into those evergreen eyes she loved so. 

"I love you." They both whispered, in sync perfectly. A smile pressed against their lips as they lightly giggled, before Lucas pulled her close once more, the sensation building again,

as their lips met, and tangled with each others, and they never let go again.

Their love wasn't like the one in the movies,

The one that everyone imagines having in their life,

It wasn't like a perfect fairy tale, but nonetheless, it was one.

but they completed each other perfectly. She is his air and he is her lungs. She's his sky of stars, he's her moon.

 it's breathless, it's stunning. it's gentle. their love isn't like any other,

because,

it is,

                h y p n o t i c.

This, is one of them.

✗✗✗✗✗✗✗

Final Author's Note:

That's it. After so long the ending is finally here, they finally kissed! Yay! I really really really hope you guys liked the last chapter! Hahah yes I used a cheesy song for the last one, I love this song and i wanted something energetic and happy, and I thought this fit well to try and make it more epic haha! Now I'm going to get all sappy because this is the last time I  can write to ya'll.

I just want to first off say, thank you. thank you for everything you guys have done for me, for commenting, voting, reading, adding my story to your lists, and just overall for supporting me. I can't believe the amount of feedback I have gotten from this book, I never would have thought I would have been able to finish this, or even have more than 1k people read it! now over 100k? It doesn't seem real, and I know I say thank you a lot, but it's because I am so grateful and I love every single one of you so much. Thank you for inboxing me, thank you for telling me that you love my story. THANK YOU! Thank you thank you. I'm getting all sad now and in tears because I have to say goodbye for now! I can't believe it's already over, but at some point you just kind of lose inspiration for a certain book, and sometimes things are just ready to come to an end. But that doesn't mean forever :)

I'm not sure about a sequel at the moment, I have a lot going on in my life at this second and making a second book would be really hard. Maybe sometime in the future or later on, but as of right now, I won't be making one. Life is hard sometimes! But I'll still be on here, inboxing, reading other books when I have the time. Writing is special and I don't want to force it! I want to give you guys the best. This book, you guys, have made me so happy. I just came up with idea one day, out of the blue, "oh yeah, that would maybe make a good love story." and Hypnotic just sort of happened. but you guys have blown me away, you have made me laugh so hard at your comments and cry at your sweet ones. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU MEANS THE WORLD TO ME. 

If you guys have one thing to take from this book, take that, wait. wait for someone who will treat you the right way, this book obviously isn't realistic but it wasn't supposed to be! but, I don't want this book to set high expectations, because nobody is perfect. this was just a romantic book that I over exaggerated a lot! i know i have many young viewers, so i want you guys to know that you don't need someone to complete you. just wait, you have your whole life ahead of you. 

I also want to tell you guys, how beautiful, amazing, incredible, and worth it you all are. you guys deserve every single wonderful thing to happen to you in this world, and I just want you all to know that you guys, are a one of a kind, and that you are worth it. every day.

Thank you guys, for everything you have done for me. my cupcakes! I love you guys. every single one of you. thank you for reading my  book.

Thank you.

Love always, Meg. xx <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 429 50
Things have changed. They loved. They got hurt. Broken promises and lies that they've told. But will the pain they caused will go away? Or will it co...
14.7K 188 27
Elena always found her childhood best friend attractive but she didn't know she had feelings for him till he started dating her best friend so she ha...
7.2K 201 34
Lucas finally snaps because of the stress caused by the triangle. This leads to a series of events leading to the end of the triangle. (Takes place...
327K 6.8K 70
"𝐈𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧." 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐫�...