Devoted // l.s

By larriessecrets

Louis moves to LA and meets a grieving Harry, due to his mother recently passing away. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 4

250 25 11
By larriessecrets

Louis' POV

For our song writing project we had to be in pairs or a group. It's just a song to write ... I don't need partners. Though it'll help me make friends I guess.

I grouped up with Lydia and Harry since everyone in his words are,"annoying as fuck." I still don't understand his nice but then mean act. Despite it, Harry isn't so bad. He's been nicer to Liam and Niall and surprisingly has been talking a lot with me.

I ended up walking back to Harry's dorm to see if he was working on our song. He told us he'd take it and add some ideas.

I knocked on the dorm door and immediately regretted it. Why am I doing this? I could've just asked in cl-

"Yeah? Oh hi Louis." He said opening the door and stepping aside to let me in.

I find it weird that he doesn't have a roommate. Must be nice to have a whole dorm to yourself.

"Louis?" Harry waved his hand in front of my face. Oh shit. I must've zoned out.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"I asked if you wanted to read the song?" Harry chuckled, placing his hand on the back of his neck.

"Oh! Sure."

Title: _____
By: Harry, Louis, and Lydia

I hear them calling for you

I feel the waves getting started
It's a rush inside I can't control
Your eyes keep pulling me in
I know, I know, I know
Your friends all talking 'bout me
They say I got no chance at all
Your fire is burning deep
In my soul, my soul, my soul

I ain't up for debating
Ain't enough for the taking
You got the world shaking

In the middle of the night when the wolves come out
Headed straight for your heart like a bullet in the dark
One by one, I gotta take them down
But you run and hide, ain't goin' down without a fight
I hear them calling for you
I hear them calling
In the middle of the night when the wolves come out
Headed straight for your heart
They come straight for your heart
I hear them calling for you

After I finished reading through it, I grabbed a pen.

"What's wrong with it?" Harry slightly frowned.

"I'm not changing it." I smiled and wrote on the top of the paper and handed back to him. "I'm adding a title."

"Wolves." He smiled. "I like it! It-" Suddenly, a phone ringer interrupted Harry. I pat my back pocket ... not me.

"Oh sorry. Gimme a sec." Harry stood up and walked outside.

I decided to text Lydia that we just finished the song and have a title.

Me: Hey Lydia no need for your GREAAT titles anymore :P

L: what why?? they're genius asshole!

Me: (Picture attached) Mine is better sorry

L: ooo! alright alright you win. wait where are you?? I wanna read it!

Me: At Harry's. He finished making the lyrics 'flow better'

L: ohh well I'm coming then with Liam he happens to be here right now...

Me: Woahhh Lydiam will rise (;

L: oh stop we'll be right over with the blondie

Me: Niall is with you??

L: yup see ya in a bit!
Read at 2:34 pm

"What do you mean you can't come! It's her fucking funeral!" Harry's voice seemed irritated.

I wonder who's being such a dick.

"Yeah yeah some fucking brother you are! That's your sister! I can't believe you." After that statement, he walked back in and dropped onto the couch next to me.

"Sorry bout that." Harry sighed and ran his hand through his hair. This man just can't stop touching his hair. I mean ... I wouldn't stop either with hair like that so I don't blame him.

"It's fine. Um is it alright if Liam, Lydia, and Niall stop by. Lydia wanted to check out the song and they're with her."

"Yeah whatever." He placed his hands over his eyes and just stayed like that.

"Are you alright?" I questioned. I was a little worried. He has a lot going on lately and I feel weird not asking after hearing that.

"Uh just stressed. You know like why would somebody miss their own sister's funeral? You know? My mum and him were really close but his excuse is work. I would've skipped work in a heartbeat! Some excuse ..." I let him continue talking for about 10 minutes. Sometimes all you need is someone to listen and get shit off your chest. "I just can't put up with people anymore. It's so-"

"Hello boys!" Lydia interrupts and prances in with the other two boys.

"Um hi." Harry gets up and tosses a drink to Niall.

"You know me so well." Niall laughs and hops onto the bed on the far side of the room. He also handed Lydia the lyrics before returning to his spot on the couch.

"Oooo I love this! It can be like up beat. Like a party song."

"The assignment was just lyrics." I told her.

"Well yeah but why not continue it right?"

"It's just an assignment. We don't need to take it that far." Harry chuckled putting his shoes on.

"Where you goin' mate?" Niall stood up.

"Nowhere important."

"Can I come since it isn't important?" I could tell he was pushing Harry. Not physically but he was testing him in some way.

"No."

Niall stepped in front of Harry. Niall stared at him but Harry was looking up at the ceiling. It grew painfully quiet but Liam was watching carefully ... as if he already knew what could happen.

"Niall just... step aside please." You could tell Harry was getting impatient.  He finally looked at Niall but not in an angry way. It wasn't a death stare, more like a soft plead. Lydia awkwardly escaped the tense room after a few minutes of this happening.

"Fine Harry. Go have a drink or two more! Fuck! For all I care, go on and disappear again! Go get wasted!" Niall hissed. Harry dropped his coat and his face went blank.

"I wasn't going for a drink ... I was going to see if my father wanted to come to the funeral you dick. If you wanted me to drink myself to death so bad you should've just asked." Harry snapped grabbing the beer from Niall's hand and chugged it down. He then tossed the empty bottle to the floor.

"Happy?" Harry caught me off guard by grabbed my shoulder and ended up walking me out of his dorm.

I could've left on my own. What the.

"I'm not gonna drive after I drank."

"That was just one?"

"Maybe in there but not for the day. Can you take me or do you not want to?" Harry pulled out keys and stopped for me to answer.

"I guess so."

"Thanks." He sighed dropping the keys in my palm. "It's Liam's car by the way. I snatched them on my way out. I don't like people driving my car"

"He let us take his car?"

"No but I also didn't invite them to my room did I? We'll call it even." He smirked while we made our way to Liam's car.

Vote / Fan / Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 6.7K 34
Where Harry, a famous solo artist, meets Louis, the boy that doesn't talk. (btw because Harry's the only one who sings, one direction albums are his...
3K 60 17
Harry is quite suicidal. Who could blame him? Life sucks. Or at least that's what he thought before he met Louis Tomlinson. The mysterious boy he had...
2.1K 120 18
Louis moves to London from Doncaster when he gets a new job as a music teacher, he doesn't expect to meet any new friends, until a bleach blonde Iris...