Dependence - Book Two (Wattys...

De MadeInWicklow

‘’ Ladies and gentlemen of Panem, for the Pageant of the one hundred and twenty fifth annual Hunger Games, or... Mais

Dependence - A Hunger Games Fan Fiction
Reapings: District One
Reapings: District Two
Reapings: District Three
Reapings: District Four
Reapings: District Five
Reapings: District Six
Capitol Update: Reapings Part One
Reapings: District Seven
Reapings: District Eight
Reapings: District Nine
Reapings: District Ten
Reapings: District Eleven
Reapings: District Twelve
Tribute List
All aboard tributes! Next stop, the Capitol!
Gabs - The Event Coordinator
Opening Ceremonies: Tribute Parade
Opening Ceremonies: Interviews - Part One
Opening Ceremonies: Interviews - Part Two
Capitol Update: Special Attraction
Opening Ceremonies: Interviews - Part Three
Opening Ceremonies: Interviews - Part Four
Capitol Update: Betting for Training
Tribute Pairings - Part One
Tribute Pairings - Part Two
Tribute Pairings List
Capitol Update: Special Attraction Vote Period
Training: Day One
Piper's New Condo
Training: Day Two
Capitol Update: Special Attractions and Arena Bets
Training Day Three
Capitol Update: Tribute Scores
The Tribute's Final Feast
Tribute Collar Tutorial
The Arena: Day One - The Bloodbath
The Arena: Day One - Part Two
Capitol Update: Arena - Day One
The Arena: Day Two - Part One
The Arena: Day Two - Part Two
Capitol Update: Arena - Day Two
The Arena: Day Three - Part One
The Arena: Day Three - Part Two
Capitol Update: The Arena - Day Three
The Arena: Day Four - Part One
The Arena: Day Four - Part Two
Capitol Update: The Arena - Day Four
The Arena: Day Five
Epilogue
Hunger Games - Dependence - Poem
Acknowledgements

Capitol Update: Reapings Part Two

7.6K 204 135
De MadeInWicklow

Universal POV:

‘’Good evening citizens of Panem!  The Reapings have concluded and we finally have our twelve sets of male and female tributes to represent their Districts in the pageant of honour, bravery, skill and smarts that is the Hunger Games!’’ Screams Piper Papillon, the Capitol news reporter as the sun begins to go down on the horizon of the Capitol.

As she says this, the crowds of Capitol citizens around her cheer and applaud excitedly as they remember the very eventful day they have had.

‘’ I have some very important news for you all which I will explain before I move on to talk about the Reapings. As you all know, at midday today, I told you all of the possible arenas that the tributes will be fighting in and the voting lines opened. Believe me when I say that all phones in the studio were ringing all day with votes and the results are in. But first, let me remind you of the three options.

Option one is a completely natural arena, with large forests, a lake, mountains and lots of wild animals for the tributes to hunt. This will be quite like many of the normal Hunger Games that we have had in the past!

Option two is an island. It will be quite a large island with sandy beaches, a volcano, plenty of palm trees, some abandoned ruins of a temple and some forests as well! This will obviously be exciting as there would be lots of beautiful scenery and lots of nice spots where the tributes could fight.

Finally, option three is quite different as it has never been done before. It is also an island however it is an island with a small village on it. It will have forests, beaches, lakes and rivers, but it will also have houses, shops and other interesting buildings that the tributes will have access to including a school, a lighthouse and a dock area!

Now, I can reveal the winning arena that the tributes will be entering this year. However first I would like to explain that none of them will know until the moment they enter the arena what it is going to be. So, without further ado, the arena that this year’s Hunger Games Quarter Quell will be hosted in is arena three! So I look forward to seeing how that plays out as it really has never been done before!’’

As Piper explains this, the crowd erupts into applause and screams of complete excitement, apparently this is the arena the majority had voted for.

‘’ That’s not all folks, there’s more! Now that the Reapings have concluded, the tributes will be sent to the Capitol, where they will have the evening off. However tomorrow, they’re three days of training with our expert survivalists, fighters and trainers will begin. Afterwards, we will have the tribute parade and interviews, so here is where you all come in!

Unlike previous years, the interviews this year will be quite different. All twenty four tributes will be interviewed at once for two hours, with a ten minute interval in between. And we want you, the citizens of Panem to send in questions to us for our wonderful tributes! The number is now on screen, so please send us in the name of your tribute, along with the District they belong to, followed by your question and if it is good enough, it will be featured on the show!

I just want to ensure that you all understand that tributes without questions from you will not be receiving as much attention from me, so please, try not to leave anyone out! There is no limit to the amount of tributes you can ask a question, but try keep it to two questions per text, and if you are emailing us, two questions per email as this makes it easier to get through. However, you are welcome to send us as many as you want, so get going!’’

The crowds begin to roar in admiration, and I spot a few take out phones to send in their questions already.

 ‘’ Now then, for the highlights of the Reaping! Just like our first six Districts worth of tributes, the second half was also very exciting and varied, so without further ado, we will begin, starting with District Seven. This was certainly very memorable. We will begin with eighteen year old Min Yan, a very eager and able tribute who I believe will be a very exciting addition to this year’s Games. I am definitely very eager to see her fighting!

Next up, we had thirteen year old Cricket Wakely. This tribute was very unfortunate because his parents went crazy and began to attack peacekeepers when their son was picked. His father even went as far as throwing rocks up at the stage at the Mayor of District Seven as well as their poor District. Not only this, but they were given a warning that they would be fired on if they were to continue yet they did. So they were both executed. Unfortunately we have no footage to show you of this, but take our word for it. Hopefully though, Cricket will prove that he is not like his parents, and won’t follow them into the light.’’

The crowd then erupts into a symphony of cheering for Min Yan, obviously none are very interested in Cricket Wakely’s sob story.

‘’ Moving on to District Eight, which was also quite exciting as one very young tributes was reaped. Firstly, I will talk about the second twelve year old reaped, Phox Halebrooks! Phox was a little dote! She was quite optimistic and told us of how very fast she is, so I am very much looking forward to that!

Secondly, we had an older, sixteen year old Stitch Gable, who apparently talks to himself! I’m not sure about all of you, but I think this one will be interesting! I’d love to know what’s going on inside that boy’s head, perhaps we will find out at the interviews!’’

The crowd cheer excitedly, again screaming the name of the tribute they prefer and chanting it like it is a song.

‘’ Next we had District Nine, and let me just say wow! That was very memorable if I do say so myself! Firstly, we had little Bliss Dixon, our third twelve year old in this year’s Hunger Games! Bliss was forced into the Games as punishment for her actions the night previously, she caused an uproar in her District by running out onto the streets of District Nine at all hours of the morning screaming about a non-existent fire! Apparently her father had lost it with her and her older sister and wanted to get attention, however that is not the way to go about doing that! I definitely want to find out more about that during the interviews!

Next up was fourteen year old Ike Nash, again one of the younger tributes in this year’s Quarter Quell. Ike seemed quite average for a tribute, perhaps he will pull out a few tricks from up his sleeve during the training sessions the tributes will be taking part in or maybe he will join the unfortunates that die on day one of the arena. I guess we will have to wait to find out his fate!’’

The crowd cheers again – almost robotically – as Piper finishes up on detailing the District Nine Reapings and they scream the name of their favoured tribute – mostly Bliss surprisingly!

‘’ After that we had District Ten and wow was that exciting! Firstly we had yet another twelve year old sent in, the beautiful Adaline Trunkette! This was very exciting, especially when we found out about how Adaline’s mother is Rhiannon Fray’s sister! That is very interesting, I remember the day sitting up on that stage and speaking with little Rhiannon twenty five years ago for the Ultimate Games. By God, time flies! I wonder if Adaline will be able to go further than her deceased uncle, or will she follow him and so many others to the Hunger Games graveyard? Only time will tell!

Next up, we had a very unique aspect of the Reaping. The escort came up with a very exciting and unusual way of choosing who was to be the male tribute for District Ten. Quite like the first Quarter Quell, the citizens of the District had to vote who was to enter the arena. Quite nobly, seventeen year old Pious Mead told the citizens of his District to send him in over the twelve year old he was put up against. I expect more brave decisions from this boy!’’

The crowd goes crazy as she says this, apparently Pious in another crowd favourite. Piper neglects to mention that the twelve year old Pious was put up against was sentenced to death live onstage by the escort of District Ten.

‘’ Now for our penultimate District, District Eleven! This, I believe was also a very exciting reaping as we had yet another tribute related to a previous tribute, and not just any tribute, but the victor of a Quarter Quell! Twelve year old Blossom Abernathy was picked to represent her District and onstage explained how Haymitch Abernathy, of District Twelve was her grandfather’s brother. Because of this, I expect great things from young Blossom! Imagine the honour that family has had, two members represent the Abernathy clan, both in Quarter Quells!

Next up, was sixteen year old Gauze Weaver, who took his younger brother’s place and chose to enter the Hunger Games arena instead. This was a very noble and admirable thing to do, however I expect Gauze was secretly thrilled his brother was picked, as it gave him a reason to volunteer as well as being one of our more memorable tributes so far. I expect to hear and see more from him!’’

Again the crowd cheer.

‘’ Finally, District Twelve! This was probably the most memorable Reapings this year as both tributes that will be stepping forward to represent their District in the Games are both their as punishment for a very serious crime. Eighteen year old Alistair Balentine – one of our oldest tributes this year! – and sixteen year old Arianna Winslow were both captured by peacekeepers in the woods a few miles west of District Twelve trying to escape.

The Capitol employed the use of their new heli-bots to record, tranquilise and capture the two fugitives and escort them back to their District just in time for the reaping. It was then announced that upon arrival, both would be entered into the Hunger Games to pay for their crime, I believe this was inspired by what happened to twelve year old Bliss Dixon of District Nine! I am very excited to see what these two can pull off, because I heard that both are very good with long range fighting so I’m sure we will hear more about that soon once the training sessions have concluded!’’

The crowd cheers crazily one last time as the names and faces of the twenty four teenagers flash across the projectors to remind us of our tributes entering the Games this year. After about five minutes, the crowds silence and Piper begins speaking again.

‘’ Now then, we have gone through all the Reapings and the news I had for you, so until next time, I’m Piper Papillon and that was your Capitol Update!’’

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

16K 562 32
(Written in 2014) This is the 125th Hunger Games. In honour of the Fifth Quarter Quell, the amount of tributes representing each district will be ra...
31.7K 1.6K 119
Each year, every twelve Districts must offer up one male and female tribute to fight in this pageant. A fight for glory, for honour, and a fight for...
22.4K 1.1K 93
The 125th annual Hunger Games has arrived. Of course, the Capitol demands a special games to take place, a Quarter Quell. This year, the fifth Quarte...
38.3K 1.6K 22
Featured in the official Wattpad @Fanfic The Hunger Games reading list! "No matter what happens, Celia, we're in this together." It's the 200th Hunge...