HYPNOTIC ✗ rucas

By adoringrucas

[ 2016 GMW Choice Award Winner ] [ 2017 GMAWARDS Winner ] ❝I l o v e d her not for the way she d a n c e d... More

0.1; "Today's the day."
0.2; "He's dark."
0.3; "Ladies."
0.4; "I'm Lucas Friar."
0.5; "He saved me."
0.6; "Here goes nothing."
0.7; "She took my breath away."
0.8; "Goodnight, Riley."
0.9; "I'm falling for Riley Matthews."
1.0; "My hero."
1.1; "Afraid."
1.2; "Hate is a strong word."
1.3; "I'm here."
1.4; "Why?"
1.5; "Friend or nothing."
1.6; "Can I trust you?"
1.7; "It's a date."
1.8; "Lost in time."
1.9; "Jealousy."
2.0; "I will always choose her."
2.1; "Friendsgiving."
2.2; "Take my hand."
2.3; "Birthday."
2.4; "Lost me forever."
2.5; "Goodbye my lover."
2.6; "Just let it in."
2.7; "Moving on."
2.8; "New beginning."
2.9; "After all this time."
3.0; "I need you."
3.1; "The love we deserve."
3.2; "Save me."
3.3; "You remember?"
3.4; "Hold me forever."
3.5; "Home is when i'm with you."
3.6; "Sense & Sensibility."
3.7; "I promise."
3.8; "Love changes us."
3.9; "I've got you."
4.0; "Broken."
4.1; "You and me forever."
4.2; "Stay with me."
4.3; "She's my world."
4.4; "Remember me always."
4.5; "Just like yesterday."
4.6; "Back to the start."
4.7; "First date."
4.8; "Let me go."
5.0; "I love you."

4.9; "I remember."

7K 290 482
By adoringrucas

R I L E Y

The pain was engulfing my every breath, my every move. I didn't think that someone I didn't even know, would have such a strong impact on me. But he's not just someone.

He will never be, just someone.

I clasped my arms around my waist, pressing down roughly to try and make the agonizing pain disappear. But it wouldn't go away. It wouldn't stop, it's everything I've been inhaling and exhaling the past two days. Over and over, like toxic smoke running through my lungs, every moment.

My mind was blurry, I couldn't think straight or clearly. The burning tears rolled down my cheeks like an overflowing river, I was a mess, I was broken. I clutched the palm of my hand around the locket of the necklace he had given to me, I was the girl he loved most in this world, why can't I say the same back? Why can't I remember all of those breathless moments he had told me. Why?

I tried to keep my shaking body still, as I sat on my lonely bay window, staring out at the world passing me by. It was days like these that it hurt to be alive, that it hurts to even open your eyes.

I held my breath for a moment, as my eyes slowly came to a close, as a tear escaped and fell down into my hand slowly.

The burning memory of last night echoed throughout my mind, it was never ending.

"Goodbye, Riley."

I felt the pain sting throughout my veins, as the sound of my heart cracking even more every second was beginning to be my theme song. It won't go away.

"I'm not trying to hurt you."

"I know. Which is why I have to let go,"

I felt my chest cave in, as I let out a loud cry. I helplessly covered my face with my hands, not holding anything back. There was nothing for me to lose anymore.

I bit down on my one of my fingernails as I let out a shaky breath, the whimpering sound of my cries escaping my lips. I slowly opened my bloodshot eyes, the very dim light showing throughout my curtain made my head snap to my other side, as I stared across my room. I let another tear roll down my cheek, as I curled my knees up close to my chest. I stared out into the darkness of my room for awhile, until, the sun suddenly shone through a crack in the curtains, as it reflected off of my mirror and down onto my floor.

That's when I noticed something.

My cries were silent, and before I knew it, I was suddenly holding my breath. I stared longingly at the object that was surrounded by the beaming light of the sun, it was my journal.

"Oh my gosh." I choked out, my own voice sounding foreign. I haven't spoken in a day, I've been  crying non-stop and I barely even recognized myself.

I quickly stood up, as I slowly walked over towards the shining light, before I bent down and picked up the thing I had been searching for, for days. But as I did so, something fell out. And down onto the floor again. I furrowed my eyebrows, as I quickly picked it back up, before I realized what it was.

It was the envelope Lucas had given to me the other night. I held my breath, before I walked back over to my sacred bay window and sat down. I bundled my legs up close to my chest, before I set the journal and note in my lap.

                                                                                          L U C A S

I sucked in a sharp breath, before I exhaled, but the same agonizing pain was still there. I rubbed my puffy eyes, I was a complete, broken mess. I haven't been able to stop crying, no matter how hard I tried. Nothing was the same anymore, but I had to let go. I bit my lip to try and real-eave some pain, but it was hopeless, nothing could heal the wound in my heart.

"Goodbye, Lucas."

Those exact words shot through my mind every second, and I felt the tears form in my eyes quickly yet again. Those memories were like broken records in my mind, playing over and over again. Never stopping, never ending. I've been crying countless times, I couldn't even sleep. So I stayed up all night packing.

I felt a force suddenly push against me, and I heard a muffled voice but was too focused in my own train of thoughts to notice, until I snapped into reality, realizing someone had just bumped into me.

I looked around, taking in my surroundings. I was in front of Topanga's, about to walk in and face the three people who I can call my friends, which a year ago, I never would have imagined it.

I let out a shaky breath, and along with my shaky body, I wiped the last tear that rolled down my cheek. It was time to face them, for the last time.

I took a step forward, before I pushed the door open, walking inside. Suddenly, all two of their eyes were on me. They were standing by the ice cream parlor, and I felt my heart break once more, realizing that I was standing in the place that Riley's, it hurt to even say her name, mom worked.

Maya, Farkle, and Zay's expressions were unreadable, so I walked over.

"Hey." I said quietly, yet my voice cracked and I saw Maya's face flinch a little. I couldn't help it, the pain was clearly evident in my tone, but I had to tell them the truth. I had already apologized  mail,ion times to Maya about the other night, she had forgiven me, gratefully.

Maya knows everything, and I'm assuming she told Farkle. And I had told Zay about what happened. But they all didn't know about this.

"Lucas. Are you okay?" Zay questioned hesitantly, and I could feel the pain arise in my veins once more, "No, I'm not." I said honestly. All of their faces turned to worry again, and I bit the edge of my lip, glancing at all three of them.

"I got a call a few days before the wedding. It was from a hospital down in Texas, and.. I found out that my fathers alive." I whispered, staring mostly at Zay. Farkle and Maya looked absolutely shocked, they had no idea about my personal life, yet they didn't even know that my parents were dead. At least my mother.

"Seriously?" Zay whispered, shocked and unable to barely move. I lightly smiled, nodding my head. "He's alive, Zay." I spoke quietly, before I glanced over to Maya and Farkle. They were all probably wanting answers, so I sucked In a sharp breath.

"My parents were in a car crash when I was seven, my mom passed away but they had never found my dads body." I said, and Maya covered her mouth with her hand, lightly gasping. "I'm so sorry." Farkle said, and I pursed my lips.

"It's alright, but that same night that I had my date with.." I couldn't say her name, it hurt too much. Zay knew, so he just nodded his head for me to continue.

"I got the call. My dads alive, he never died. I don't know, how they never found him. He had serious brain damage, and, he had lost all of his memory, that night. They told me that he got out of the car, not knowing where he was, what happened, or who he was. He wondered off throughout the woods, and wounded up in some town. He passed out in a yard and someone found him, took him to the hospital. He fell into a coma." I spoke, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall, but I was strong enough too.

I exhaled out slowly, looking at all of three of them. "He was in a coma for years." I whispered. Zay covered his mouth, voice inaudible. Maya looked so sad, and Farkle was giving me a sympathetic look.

"I'm going back to Texas." I say, and suddenly everyone's eyes went wide. "What?" Zay spoke, and they endeared closer. I let out a shaky breath. "My dad has no idea of anything right now, but he's alive. I have to go see him." I said. Maya looked at me. "But what about Riley?" She spoke delicately.

The sharp pain came back, and I felt my chest cave in. "She needs time alone, to figure things out for herself. I can't keep holding her back anymore." I whispered, looking down to my feet. The burning tears came flooding back to my eyes.

Reality settled in, I'd actually be leaving her. I won't be able to see her face for awhile. I won't be able to hold her, but she was never mine. So why does it hurt so damn much? Because you love her and she's your world, and nobody could ever replace her. Because she changed you for the better.

"I'll see her again, someday.. But I want her to live her life, I'm still some stranger to her. I just have to give her time." I spoke quietly, before looking up. "But I just wanted to come and thank you guys for all you've done for me, and her.."

Suddenly, all three of them had  smiles against their faces.

"You know, I never thought I'd say this but, I think I'm going to miss making fun of you, Ranger Rick." Maya says, with a devious smirk. I let out a chuckle. "I'll miss using you as an arm stool, pancakes." I responded. She just gave me a light chuckle, before I looked over to Farkle.

"I'm sorry for beating you up that one time, you know I never meant-" "It's alright, dude. You were drunk. Besides, you've taken care of our best friend, we'll forgive you for that." Farkle smiled, and I grinned, before we slapped our hands and I gave him a man hug. It was odd, yet brought somewhat of a comfort to me, knowing that I had two new friends.

I let go before I lastly looked over to Zay, as I pursed my fine lips. Zay's eyes were trailed over to his side, not caring to glance at me once. I crossed my arms over my chest reluctantly, "Zay." I spoke, and I could see the slightly angry expression on his face, before he turned his head over to look at me. 

"You're leaving me, after everything we've been through?" He asked, and I bit the edge of my lip sadly.

"You're my best friend, Zay. And I'm coming back. I'm just leaving for a few months. Besides, you and your dad can come out to to Texas anytime. And you pester me on FaceTime and text like you're my mother, so I don't think we'll notice a difference." I said with a chuckle, and he suddenly couldn't hold his stern expression any longer, he smiled.

"I guess that's true." He laughed, before he looked at me and our smiles faded away. "I'll miss you dude." He said, and frowned lightly. "I'll miss you, too. Thanks for everything." I whispered, before we did our man hug, holding on a bit longer before we let go.

My fathers alive, my uncle is trapped away in jail across the country for the rest of his life, and Conner is gone. I was finally safe, from everything. Almost everything, I'd never be safe from the pain that came with the thought of letting go of the only thing I loved in this world, Riley.

I glanced at my three friends one last time, before I finally found the strength to turn around, and walk away.

I let go of everything here, I finally let go.

How can I possibly let go of my world?

..........

                                                                                R I L E Y

I paced my breath while I stared at the journal and envelope in front of me, as my mind raced with a million thoughts. What could be in here? What all did I forget? What all did I lose?

My body began to shake as the nervousness grew within my body, as the memory flowed back into my brain.

I looked down to the ground, as I felt my heart shatter every second. My mind was fuzzy and I could barely breathe. Lucas looked down into my eyes, and I could see the pain within them. I was hurting him.

He handed me an envelope, "Just hold onto this. Maybe someday you'll come back to me." He whispered, as I held the note in my shaky palms. I looked up into his teary eyes, as the burning tears rushed down my cheeks.

I bit the edge of my lip, as I sniffled back the tears that were threatening to fall. I set my journal beside me, as I held the envelope in my fingertips, before I flipped it over.

"For Her"

Was wrote on the front in beautiful handwriting, and I furrowed my eyebrows. I opened it up, before I pulled out a note, with something behind it.

I held my breath, before I began to read.

To the women my son loves,

If you're reading this then, it's true. He loves you. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, or else, he wouldn't have given this to you.

I felt the tears instantly rise in my eyes, as my body began to shake.

I can only hope that you feel the same way about him that he feels about you, but I don't doubt that. If he chose you, then I know you're something incredible. Something very special. Because he picked you, and only you. I have faith that you're a one of a kind women, and that you love him.

But I wanted to write you a letter, because I wanted you to know one very important thing.. I'm so glad he's found you. I'm so glad the he's found someone that makes his days brighter, that makes his heart fill with joy and happiness.  I'm so glad that he's found someone to love and hold, and cherish for the rest of his life. To make memories with, and to walk the steps of life with him. Because things aren't always easy for Lucas, but with you, he knows he'll get through if you're there by his side, always. And I know you will be.

I'm writing you this letter, because if I'm not there one day, I want you to know this. He is something incredible,

.

Lucas held tighter onto her hand, as he let his tears fall freely. "I promise to be the best for you, I promise to be the good. I promise to always be here for you, I'll never leave. I want to grow old with you, I want to love you for the rest of eternity. You are by far the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, so you have to promise that you won't leave me." He spoke so softly, as he held onto Riley even tighter than before.  

.

I felt my breathing increase, as that memory flowed through my mind.

My son is a one of a kind boy, but as you read this, he'll be a man. Ready to hold you and love you for the rest of his life. And I so wish I could be there to see it, to meet you, and maybe in some ways, I am. But, if I'm not. Then I just wanted to say, that I love you, I love you for loving my son. I love you for being there for him. Thank you. Thank you for giving him the love he deserves, you're very lucky to have him. You're very lucky that he loves you.

Besides my husband, and my beautiful child, you are the most important person to me. Because my son chose you, which means that you are the most important person to him.

I may be gone, but I will always love my son. And he'll always love you. Thank you. Thank you for loving my son. Thank you for being, you.

Love, Elizabeth Friar.

I fumbled with the note in my hand, before I pulled out something from behind. I bit my lip, as the tears rushed down my cheeks. It was that same photo of Lucas sitting in the swing as a little boy, with Elizabeth right behind him.

Wait,

"Oh my gosh." I whispered. That memory.. I remember that memory. I choked on my own breath, before I quickly set down the note, and grabbed my journal.

I quickly rushed through the pages, as the tears rolled down my cheeks violently.

'

July 10, 2015.

My dad is getting transferred to another school. We're moving! I haven't been this happy in two years. I can finally start a new life. We're moving to New York, and I've never been more excited. I didn't have anything left here. I will miss the beach though, and the warm summer nights, with the breeze coming off of the ocean and the starry skies. I will miss that more than anything, but I'm ready to move on. Start something new. We're leaving tomorrow. Who knows who I'll meet in New York?

I suddenly felt my body collide into something, "Oh I'm sorry-" I began to speak, before my eyes trailed upwards, and I suddenly lost my breath. These magical and mesmerizing green orbs were staring down at me, and I felt like I was in a trance. His face inched towards mine, and I felt speechless, my heart was pounding and I couldn't move.

"It's alright." He spoke softly, yet so deeply. I felt my whole body tingle, as we stared into each other's eyes. I didn't know what to say. I just stood there, not moving, as if I was lifeless. He pursed his lips, before I felt a soft hand, run down my arm and to my wrist, as he walked away. I didn't even realize that he was holding my arm. I felt my stomach do a weird twirl, as I quickly turned around but he was gone.

I just stood there, mouth wide open, like an idiot. Maya ran over to me.

"Oh. My. Gosh." She gasped. I looked at her. "Who was that?" I asked. She glanced at me.

"That was Lucas Friar."

I let out a gasp, as my eyes opened. That was the first time I met Lucas, I-I remember. I quickly skipped to the next page,

'

October 26th, 2015.

My life is crazy, right now. I've met amazing people, and this new school has really helped me get over my past. I'm not scared anymore.

But I guess, that all has to be because of one certain person.... His name is Lucas Friar.

I met him on my first day, and.. boy is he incredible. He's like no one I've ever met before, he makes me feel alive, happy.

And I think, I can truly say, that I'm falling in love with him. Every part of him, every smile, every laugh, every particle of him.

Everything about being with him, consumes me. I tried to avoid it, but I just can't anymore. I can't help but fall in love with him more and more everyday.

I stood at my locker, as I shoved my books in, before I shut my locker. Suddenly I saw a figure standing right behind, which made me jump in fright. My heart began to beat ten times faster.

He smirked, looking at me with those emerald green eyes. "Didn't mean to scare you." He said with a light smile. I pressed my lips togther, letting out a soft laugh. "It's okay." I said gently, as he looked into my eyes. I couldn't help but notice his appearance, and I think I stared longer than I should have.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." He winked, and I began to giggle slightly, as my cheeks flushed pink. How embarrassing. "Just curious." I say, before softly smiling. He gave me a sweet smile.

"I don't think we've properly met, I'm Lucas Friar." He spoke, as he set out his hand, which was vastly larger than mine. I looked down to his hand, before back up into his eyes. I clasped mine around his, shaking it lightly.

"Riley Matthews." I replied, getting lost in his eyes yet again. We both somewhat became speechless, just longingly staring at each other, before we both had smiles on our faces. I suddenly felt a soft touch to my hand, so I looked downwards, realizing we were still holding hands. I looked up to him and blushed, and he just smiled once more.

My breathing began to pace faster, a million memories racing through my mind instantly.

I lied down on my stomach, staring at the frog that was lying down on a lily pad. I smiled, about to take a photo, but I heard another click before me. I looked upwards, to see Lucas standing on the bridge, with his camera pointed towards me. I gave him a smile, before I quickly stood up, and began rushing over towards him.

"What are you doing?" I curiously asked, with a hint of annoyance. He just smirked at me, as he continued to take pictures of me walking towards him. "Seriously." I said, setting down my camera on the ledge, before I ran up closer to him. I kept hearing click after click.

"What are you doing?!" I exclaimed in a giggle, as I tried grabbing the camera from him but he just smiled, dodging it. "Stop!" "Stop it." I laughed, trying to cover the lenses, but he kept going. I lightly shoved him, "You better stop, Friar." I warned, before I walked up to him and grabbed his hand, trying to pull it off the camera, before I suddenly stopped breathing, and I looked up into his eyes. My throat became dry, and this hunger begin to grow within me as I stared from his lips, and back up into his eyes.

We stared at each other, not speaking, not breathing. My hand was still clasped around his, before I abruptly heard one last click.

.

I ran outside in the dark chilly air, "I was worried about you, why do you even have to hear me say it?"  I yelled towards him. That's when he turned around, and stared at me, before walking up close to me, cupping my face in his soft, warm hands. I felt my whole body tingle.

His forehead was so close to mine, and I felt breathless. These were the moments I felt most alive in this world.

"Because hate is a strong word, Riley." He spoke, and I bit down on my lip gently. He gazed at me as if he was trying to figure out the deepest parts of my soul. I felt his forehead touch mine, before he grazed his fingers down two strands of my hair that were framing my face, before he backed away.

"Goodnight, Riley." He whispered.

.

"It hurts!" I screamed in tears, as I clutched the side of my stomach with one hand, while the other grabbed my hair tightly. Lucas quickly ran up to me, grabbing my face. "Riley listen to me!" He yelled, trying to hold onto me but I just felt like I was suffocating deeper and deeper. "Riley look at me, look at me! Listen to me, I'm here, Riley I'm here." He shouted, before I felt my back scoot against the wall behind me as I cried, everything was blurry.

He scooted down with me, holding onto me tightly. "Riley, it's Lucas." He said, before stroking my hair. My eyes suddenly stared into his, and tears stopped. I felt my heart stop beating as I stared at him, the pain suddenly faded away.

"Lucas." I whispered, barely able to speak. He looked like he was in so much pain. He stroked my hair gently. He nodded his head. "I'm here." He said again, and I felt my eyes lightly tear up again. Oh my gosh, he saved me.

"It's okay." He said softly, as he wiped my tears. He set down beside me, holding me close in his arms.

"I'm here." He whispered.

I brought myself to a panick instinctively, as the water pooled around my burning eyes. It's all coming back. Every moment, every memory. It's all here. That was the moment that I fell in love with Lucas, instantly.

"Dance with me." He smiled, before setting out his hand. I didn't know what to say, but his smile soon became contagious to her. The music started to play, as the sounds of Photograph  echoed throughout the warehouse. The sun was just setting, making beams of light shine through the large glass windows, and onto the canvas and them.

I still stared at Lucas, voice inaudible. He walked towards the center of the blank canvas on the ground, as I held the paint bottles in my hands.

He suddenly extended his hand out,

"Take my hand, I got you.." He whispered, eyes longing into mine. My heart pounced, it felt like my heart was running a marathon instantly. I opened up the caps of paint, before I walked over towards Lucas.

The tempo suddenly came, and that was it. We suddenly lost into each others eyes, immersed into each others souls as we danced, as we become one with each other. He wrapped his arms around me, as our bodies flowed to the music. Paint was splashing everywhere, with every footstep, with every breath. We soaked in colorful colors, but we didn't care. All we wanted to do was be with each other, be one, bodies never disconnecting.

It was like I was opening my eyes for the very first time,

I stood at my mirror, staring at myself, as I fiddled with my dress.

That's before I suddenly noticed a figure, In the corner of my mirror. My heart skipped a beat. It was Lucas, he was leaning against the wall by my bay window.

I pursed my lips tightly, "Don't worry, I'm not going to lose it. At least not before the cake." I spoke, before Lucas shrugged his shoulders.

"It's your birthday, do as you please." He smirked. I turned my head to look at him, as I suppressed a small chuckle, before smiling. His smirk faded into a smile, before it faded into nothing, as he walked over towards me closely. I turned back to look at the mirror, staring at the reflection of us in the mirror.

"If you're debating on how you look..." He suddenly spoke, and I tilted my head upwards, staring at him. He studied my face, my eyes, my every movement.

"I think you look beautiful." He said softly, and suddenly every nerve, every atom and bloodstream in my body was screaming.

I gave him a soft smile, before he did the same gesture.

Suddenly, he pulled something out of his pocket. I furrowed my eyebrows intently. "I know you told me not to buy you anything, so I didn't. Don't worry." He said, smiling. I looked down to the little box wrapped in wrapping paper, before he set it into my hands. I looked up to him, before back to the box as I began to open it, to reveal a navy blue box.

I opened it, before I gasped lightly. It was a small necklace with a silver locket, engraved with intricate flowers. I clutched open the locket, nothing was inside except for a small engraving of letters;

E. F.

I glanced up into Lucas' eyes. "I-It's beautiful." I said, practically speechless. He gave me a soft smile, as I fiddled with it in my fingertips. "How did you not pay for something like this?" I asked. Lucas pressed his lips together tightly, into a firm line.

"I've had it for awhile, I found it one day somewhere and kept it. I thought it would look better on you than me." He chuckled, before I giggled slightly.

Little did Riley know, that necklace had a very important meaning to him.

"Thank you." I whispered. Lucas nodded his head lightly. "Would you help me please?" I spoke, before I turned around. Lucas stared intently at me for a moment, before nodding. I moved my hair to my side, handing him the necklace.

I felt his fingers softly brush against my collarbone, before his swept his hands underneath the nape of my neck, clasping the necklace tightly. I watched him through the mirror, every ounce of my body was drawn towards him, like he was a magnet.

His fingers gently grazed against my shoulders, and I could feel his breath tingle against my skin. Our eyes suddenly met, and I could feel the electricity, the heat. Everything. I turned my body around slowly, as I gazed up at him.

"Perfect." He whispered.

.

I stood in the middle of Lucas' apartment, "Lucas!" I yelled out once more. I just want to tell him I love him. I just want to hold him.

That's until I suddenly felt a breeze brush against me through the broken window, as I saw a paper fly around the air. I quickly walked over and grabbed it, until I realized that it was a note. But not just any note, it was a familiar piece of paper. At the top was something Lucas has been drawing in photography class the past week.

Tears suddenly pooled around my eyes.

' Dear Riley,

I never meant to hurt you. I tend to make mistakes often, but I know that you won't be able to forgive me for  what I've done.

;

I just want you to know that I care about you, Riley Matthews. More than anyone else in this world. I always have and always will.

It's always been you.

I will always choose you.

so, I guess what I'm trying to say is, goodbye.

Goodbye my beautiful.

Goodbye my Riley Matthews.

- Lucas '

My body began to shake uncontrollably, as the tears rushed down my face. "No!" I cried.

.

"You don't get it, I had no one!" Lucas cried, as the rain poured down on us. The burning tears rushed down my cheeks.

"You had me!" I cried, finally breaking down to the core. Lucas stood back, as he stared at me in pain. The pain was engulfing me like never before.

"I lost you the moment I left."He finally spoke, and I looked down to my soaking wet body. "You never lost me for a second." I choked out, looking back up into his eyes.

"I just don't want to be angry anymore." I whispered, shaking my head as the thunder boomed in the sky. Lucas a few steps closer towards me.

"I'm s-so sorry, Riley." He responded quietly, voice breaking.

I felt myself stumble backwards, as I lost my balance lightly. I let out a light cry, as I covered my face with my hands, head pounding. Everything was coming back at once, so fast, like a speed of light.

I sat down in the chair, holding the cold glass of water in my hands until I set it on the table. I suddenly felt a hand grasp around my leg, as his other hand laced through one of mine. My eyes trailed up to his, as the tears filled my eyes.

"I promise you, I will never leave you." He whispered, holding onto me so tightly, so safely. I barely smiled, as a tear fell from my eye. I didn't want to say much more, I just needed to feel his embrace. I scooted closer towards him, as he pulled me into his arms tightly. I began to slightly close my eyes, before I heard the words;

"I promise."

.

"Lucas." I choked out, before he looked down to the floor, crying nonstop. He let out a breath, before looking over into my eyes. He had just told me everything, his past, his parents, his uncle. He didn't deserve this, any of this. I held onto him tightly.

"My parents are dead, Riley. I'm completely broken." He sobbed once more, and I tried to hold back my tears but it was useless. "I was just so scared." He spoke with endless tears.

I felt my heart break. I just held onto him,

never letting him go.

.

I stared up to Lucas, knowing that was my heart was breaking more by the second.

"You're my everything, Riley Matthews. You're my stars in a sea of dark, everything in my life was so messed up, I felt like I had no purpose. But then I met you. And you changed me, you changed my life, because you're the good in me, and without you, there's an awful lot of darkness." He whispered, as he caressed my cheek, staring down into my eyes.

I choked on my own breath,

"I've known it since the second I laid my eyes on you," He spoke, inching closer towards me, as he cupped my face in his hands. I tried to stop myself from crying, and I knew what he was going to say, I love him so much.

"I've known that you're the one. That you've always believed in me, that you never gave up on me. Nobody has ever done that for me, but you? I knew that you were different from the very first day, and I can't live without you, my gosh, I can't. You are my life. You're everything I breathe for, you're all of my strength, you're everything to me." He spoke so softly, as his lips came close to mine.

He stared into my eyes, and it was silent for a moment, both of hearts were beating for each other. Our souls were touching each others.

"I love you."

My eyes suddenly opened wide, as I let out a gasp. I felt paralyzed, frozen. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't speak. I felt everything hit me at once, until I let go. Every kiss, every hug, every embrace, every memory and moment, was like clear water in my mind.

One last tear fell from my eyes, as I grasped tightly around the necklace that was dangling from my neck.

I felt my heart pound, as the words finally slipped out of my mouth.

"I remember."

....

A:N; Excuse while I go cry into a corner. This is the second to last chapter, I can't even believe the ending is almost here. Did you guys seriously think that I wouldn't make Riley remember?! Hehe, I would never let that happen. After all Riley and Lucas' storyline is like a broken fairytale... but they get happy endings, right? :) I hope you enjoyed this. I would write a long mushy message but I'll save that for the next chapter. I love you cupcakes, thanks for sticking by my side as always. x meg

( By the way, I'm currently unable to access my Instagram account (adoringrucas), something happened and I need to figure out how to fix it so until then I cant get on it! But I'm trying to figure something out so bare with me. <3 okay thats all. see you later human beans. )

Leave me your theories of what you think will happen next!! I'm so curious and would love to know what you guys think is going to happen after all that's led up. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 6.8K 70
"𝐈𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧." 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐫�...
9.4K 355 16
Riley and Lucas thought they'd be together forever. They fell in love in high school, got engaged in college, married a year later, and by the time t...
28.9K 1K 16
Don't act like I don't care rucas au
3.5K 121 29
Life teaches us the most important lessons at appropriate times. Girl Meets World College AU Pairing: Rucas ------ Best Rankings: #1 in LucasAndRi...