That's Just The Beginning

By istolethecookiez

Fiona Harper is an angel in nearly everyone's eyes. But there is more to this good girl; she'd rather ditch c... More

That's Just The Beginning
Prologue
Chapter 1: Family Problems (E)
Chapter 2: Where we stand (E)
Chapter 3: The Insult that Hurts (E)
Chapter 4: Time to Par-Tay (E)
Chapter 5: Even makeup doesn't make me prettier. (E)
Chapter 6: This means War (E)
Chapter 7: Date night (E)
Chapter 8: It's official, he cares. (E)
Chapter 9: Spray Paint Switch-Up (E)
Chapter 10: Bonfire Time (E)
Chapter 11: Oh Crap... literally (E)
Chapter 12: Drowning (E)
Chapter 13: Sneaking In (E)
Chapter 14: I chose you, Pikachu. (E)
Chapter 15: How's that for hanging out? (E)
Chapter 16: Movie Night (E)
Chapter 17: 3 out of 26
Chapter 18: 6 out of 26
Chapter 19: Troy & Gabriela- Adrian & Fiona- Not
Chapter 20: What is this Halloween Dance you speak of?
Chapter 21: 7/26 and Breaking It Down
Chapter 22: Fighting like a Married Couple
Chapter 23: 10/26 featuring Glow sticks
Chapter 24: Detention and Suspension (11/26)
Chapter 25: Yes, you share a drink on a date.
Chapter 26: The Hyena and I - 15/26
Chapter 27: Take the darn jacket
Chapter 28: I didn't hear you the first or second time.
Chapter 29: Welcome to Laser Tag, Population: Problems.
Chapter 30: I love you, Blake
Chapter 32: Not so good terms
Chapter 33: Painter Problems
Chapter 34: Oops, did I do that?
Chapter 35: Do me a favor.
Chapter 36: False Hope
Chapter 37: Weather Problems
Chapter 38: Part 1
Chapter 39: Part 2
Chapter 40: Big Mistake
Chapter 41: Very Good Things
Chapter 42: It All Falls into Place
Epilogue
Q&A

Chapter 31: Wise Emilia

222K 9.1K 2.5K
By istolethecookiez

Edited

Chapter 31

Adrian’s Point Of View

I looked at my open window, annoyed. Her voice was loud in my quiet room. I was staring at the ceiling, thinking. Or at least I was trying to think.

“Blakey!” Blakey? Who is Blakey?

“Get off of my bed, Blakey.” He was on her bed?

I heard her giggle girlishly. When did she start giggling? She never giggles around me!

First Isaac, now Blakey? I curled my lips up in disgust. I grabbed my keys and got up, walking over to my window and slamming it shut. I left my room, passing Mattie’s on the way downstairs. I needed to talk to someone, someone who will take me seriously.

___

“Trent.” I was standing in the front of his house, leaning against the pillar that supported the second floor balcony. My eyes darted up to the doorway to see Emilia standing there with an eyebrow raised.

“No, Emilia.” She smiled, opening the door wider, allowing me to enter the house. After she closed the door, I turned to look at her.

She was wearing sweatpants and a large shirt that might be Logan’s. It’s not rare that Em was wearing ‘chill day’ clothes; she rarely cared about what she dressed like. That’s one of the things I liked best about Em, she is never trying to impress anyone. She already had Logan wrapped around her finger. She’s like my older sister.

“Where’s Trent?” I asked her, expecting him to be in his room or in the lounge. Those are places where Trent likes to hang out, usually playing videogames or on his computer.

“He’s out with Jessie.” She replied casually, bypassing me and walking into the living room. I let out a sigh as I ruffled my hair.

“When do you think he’ll be back?” I asked, shifting from foot to foot awkwardly. I glanced at the television.

She was sitting on the recliner, chocolate and popcorn surrounding her. Twilight was on; it was around the part where Jacob was standing shirtless in the rain talking to Bella. She was talking to him about why he’s been avoiding her… not that I know or anything.  

“Not for an hour or two. Why, something bothering you?” She asked, turning to look at me with a half-eaten candy bar sticking out of her mouth. I shook my head, staring down at my red Supras. “C’mon, Ade, I’ve known you for years, you can talk to me about anything.”

I shifted on my feet again before walking over to the couch across from her and plopping down, the familiar material beneath my hands. “Does being jealous automatically mean you like someone?” I randomly blurted.

This caught Em off guard and she bit the inside of her lip for a moment before furrowing her eyebrows. “It depends on the situation really. You can be jealous of your best friend’s new friend because they’re spending time with your best friend more than you or you can be jealous of a guy who talks to a girl you like. Why?”

“Oh no reason, when was the last time you talked to Fio-Fiona?” I asked her, trying to avoid eye contact. Was I being discreet enough? She can’t possibly know that I care about Fiona, right?

“A few days ago on Friday, why do you ask?” She was amused. Did she know anything? She can’t… right? This Blake person just started appearing… unless she only told Em and Jessie.

“Did she say anything about a Blake guy?” I furrowed my eyebrows, looking up at her to see she was smirking. Why was she smirking? She shook her head.

“Not that I recall, she did say something about an Isaac boy. But I’m pretty sure you already know about that.” She explained.

“I know.” I let out a large breath. I barely know the guy and I already hate him. “I hate him.”

“You barely know him! Why?” I explained the story to her, including the situation with Isaac, me and Fio’s argument, and this new Blake character that just started appearing yesterday.

“You see? It’s all her fault.” I ended. Surprisingly, Em was shaking her head. Did she not agree with me?

“What did she do wrong?”

“S-she flirted back with the guy!” I exclaimed, standing up angrily. Did she not see Fiona’s wrong doing? Nobody did! Trent didn’t and now Em? My outburst didn’t surprise Em; she just continued chewing her popcorn.

Trent said; ‘If she wants to flirt with Isaac let her, she’s not in a relationship. And by the looks of it, she won’t be in one anytime soon because some people are too stupid to realize things.’ What does that even mean?

“What’s wrong with that?” Em asked, looking up at me as she chewed. I stuttered over my words at first before falling short; nothing was wrong with that. “Just because you like her doesn’t mean that she can’t flirt with other guys.”

I felt my jaw dropping. “Whoa, whoa, whoa, who said anything about me liking Fio?”

“Who?” Em asked, raising an eyebrow while chewing on a piece of chocolate slowly.

“Fiona.” I clarified. Was it that hard to figure out? It sounded just like the beginning of the girls name for crying out loud!

“Well, the fact that you have a different nickname for her says something, and the fact that you came here to talk to Trent about her says another.” She told me, frowning at her empty bowl of popcorn.

I narrowed my eyes at her. “That means nothing. She didn’t want me calling her Fi-Fi, and honestly that sounds like a dog’s name now that I think about it. And I wasn’t here to talk to Trent about her, I was here to, uh, talk about… sports! Yeah, I came to talk to him about baseball.”

“Yeah, you were here to talk about sports just like I’m watching Twilight because it has a good plot and not to see Jacob’s abs.” She rolled her eyes. “If you like her, just admit it before she takes Isaac or Blake up on their offers of a relationship. She’s a pretty girl and I’m surprised a guy at your school isn’t already dating her.”

She knew something that she wasn’t telling me. It seems like everyone is. Even Trent knows things that he shouldn’t. He doesn’t talk about Fio and Jessie as easily as he did before; he knows something that I can’t know.

“I know, I know. When Trent comes back, tell him to text me.” I told her. She threw her head back.

“Whatever you say, clingy girlfriend.” I left the house after that comment.

I entered my room and opened my window, ready to apologize to Fiona. “I love you, Blakey.”

I felt my eyes widen. How long has this guy been around? I stared at her window for a moment before I saw the curtains start to move.

She opened the curtains and then the blinds before retracting from the window for a minute, her hand going over her heart. I must’ve scared her. I would’ve laughed if I hadn’t been in such a mood. I wonder if I looked like a creep; I mean, I was just staring at her window.

She slowly opened her window, looking warily at her bed as she did so. What, her boyfriend might catch her talking to me? “Hi.”

“Hello.” I replied, keeping my face neutral. She kept glancing over at her bed. You know what? Forget about apologizing, I’m going to confront her.

___

Fiona’s Point Of View

I put Blake on my bed, telling him to stay before walking over to my window. The heat was too high and Aunt Cherry refused to turn it down, so I might as well open the window. When I opened the curtains, my heart plummeted to my feet. Adrian was staring lifelessly at my window.

I opened my window slowly, deciding to be the one that is the bigger person. “Hi.” I bit my lip as I kneeled down. I looked over at my bed, Blake was nearing the edge. I was scared he was going to fall off.

“Hello.” His voice was… neutral. I looked back at Blake to see he was peering off of the side of the bed. So far, in my only day of knowing the small dog I already learned that he is clumsy.

“How are you?” I asked, staring at Blake while I asked him.

“I’m fine, how are you?” He replied. “And Blake?”

I turned my gaze to look at him, furrowing my eyebrows. “You know about Blake?” I asked him. Could he hear what I was saying through my window? That’s not creepy. And neither is him staring at your window for God knows how long.

A thud caught me off guard as I turned and looked at Blake. That was a loud thud for a small puppy. He just pushed my text book off of the bed, Thank God. “Your idiot boyfriend fell off the bed?”

I turned to look at Adrian, narrowing my eyes at him. He thinks Blake is my boyfriend? “Do you want to meet Blake?” I asked him. He scowled.

“Any guy that likes you is too stupid for my company.” He retorted.

Ignoring the throng of pain that smacked my heart, I walked over to my bed and grabbed Blake in my hand before storming over to the window, keeping him out of view.

“I’m pretty sure that Blake is smarter than you, Adrian.” I spat, holding up Blake. “Say ‘Hello’ to Blake. Now, I’ve got to go. I have plans.” I snapped, slamming the window shut before trying to closing the blinds.

I realized that you can’t look angry while trying to close blinds so I just shut my dark purple curtains. But I did realize that Adrian is an idiot and he definitely doesn’t like me. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 1.1K 32
**an improved version of Isolation - the same story but rewritten to be more mature, and a better read** Megan Hayes and Logan Brooks are your typica...
1.1M 43.9K 44
||COMPLETE|| WARNING! THIS BOOK CONTAINS: Swearing: But it's not that bad... Right? Sexual content: Have no idea what you mean... This book w...
68K 1.8K 27
"Every girl wishes they were you!" "I'm soooo jealous!" "I hear they share a bed." Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie! "Hey roomie." Ian slips in front of me. "Yo...
232K 9.1K 61
Part 1 of the Best Friends series. Can be read as a standalone. He was a player, She was his best friend. He changed his girlfriend at least twice a...