Broken Home -L.H

By Lolalezz

Sophie comes from a broken home with a broken family and a broken life. She's the new girl struggling to find... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 8

47 3 4
By Lolalezz

My whole body froze. I forgot to pick up Tate from school! What if he's still there? What if he tried to walk home and something happened to him? I had to get home, now!

"Uh sorry Amanda but I really have to go!" I say, getting up off the couch and trying to find my way out of here.

"Leaving so soon?" I stumble into Luke.

"S-Sorry Luke. I really should be going." I politely push him out of the way.

"I'll take you." He offers, pulling his keys from his pockets.

"T-That's okay I can walk from-" I pause looking around and not having a clue where I was.

"Okay fine." I mumble as he smiles, opening the the door of his car for me. I ignore the warning Rosemary and Layla gave me. I also forgot that I'm wearing Rosemary's clothes.

The car ride was silent and my mind was going in so many directions. I was mostly worrying about Tate but the other part of me was wanting to talk to Luke. I was dying from curiosity about how such an adorable, kind boy would be a danger to me. Maybe I should just ask him why all his friends want to keep us apart. As I open my month to ask he turns on the radio probably to kill the awkward silence. Thank God.

"Aww I love this song." He says, drumming on the steering wheel.

"They're gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies in the books
To make a citizen out of you
Because they sleep with a gun and keep an eye on you son
So they can watch all things you do"

The familiar My Chemical Romance song was blasting through the speakers. My musical side took over and soon enough I was chanting the lyrics along with Luke. I looked over at the blonde as he was singing and was blown away by his voice. I knew he was in a band but didn't know just how good he was. We got lost in the song before I knew it we arrived at what Luke thinks is my "home."

"Oh, thanks." I slowly get out of the car.

"Soph? I quickly turn back around.

"Yeah?"

"I can pick you up for school tomorrow if you want?" He offers and I nod my head before he smiles and drives away.

As soon as I can no longer see his car, I begin sprinting to my real house, which wasn't too far.

"TATE?! ARE YOU HERE?" I yell throughout the house hoping for an answer.

"Yeah, I'm here." He peeks through the door of his room and I'm relieved.

"Oh thank goodness. I am so sorry I forgot to pick you up today. I had something at school I had to do." I say hugging him.

"It's okay. What are you wearing?" He asks, looking at Rosemary's dress.

"Oh it's nothing. Just a friend from school lent it to me." I add, forgetting I had it.

"Oh well can you tuck me in?" He asks with a pouty face.

"Of course." I giggle. I was happy to see Tate wasn't mad at me. I couldn't live with myself if he was.

"Sorry again for not picking you up today. It won't happen again." I say kissing his forehead and pulling a blanket over him.

"Where have you been?" I hear my dad's voice as I slowly creep out of his room.

"Out with some people but I'm going to bed now." I say trying to make my way to my room.

"This is not like you Sophia." Not the full name. I hate it with a passion. "You've never been like this. Every since you were a kid you've been nothing but a loser with no friends. What happened?" I could smell the alcohol from where I was standing and I knew he was drunk. He usually is either calm and cruel or violent and harsh when he's drunk and it looks like calm and cruel has it tonight.

"I just like it here I guess. I don't know. Goodnight." I say, sternly walking it my room and closing the door before falling face first into my bed.

"What the hell is going on with me?" I am acting different and for once my dad is right. Before we moved here I had no one and before we moved here I had never once forgotten about Tate. I'm not saying I miss that life because Lord knows I don't but if this continues it's possible I might loose Tate. Every since I met Luke I've been more distracted and more extroverted. Why is that??!

As much as I didn't want to, I had a crush on Luke Hemmings. There is no way I could deny it. There's also the fact that I have been told not to like him which only makes me want him even more. Every time I see him I get nervous and scared but also excited. The way he talks to me makes me feel safe and I haven't felt that way in a long time.

It eats up my soul what Rosemary and Layla say he is hiding from but honestly I didn't care. Luke is to sweet of a guy to not trust. He would never hurt me, I can see it in his bright beautiful blue eyes.

The thought of him picking me up for school tomorrow morning made it hard to fall asleep. As soon as I did I slept without a single nightmare.

"SOPHIE! SOPHIE GET UP!" I roll over on bed to see my brother hovering over me.

"What's wrong?" I moan and let out a yawn.

"We're gonna be late!" He says making me jump out of my bed, politely pushing Tate out of my room so I could change. I threw on my school uniform but also a Nirvana sweatshirt to show some sort of individuality. I put my hair up in a messy bun and quickly applied my makeup.

"Tate, do you think you can walk to school today?" I say, rushing around the kitchen to pack Tate's lunch.

"I guess." He answers, softly.

"I give him a quick hug goodbye and start jogging to the apartment complex where Luke thinks I live. Ugh I hate lying to him.

As I made my way to the gate where Luke would be I see his car already there. I quickly take a turn in the other direction so he wouldn't see me and sneak in through the gate to where it would appear as if I was coming out of an apartment.

I make my way to the front gate where Luke was leaning against the car until he saw me and smiled.

"Hey, Sophie!" He greeted me. I smile.

"Hey." I say approaching the gate and realizing I didn't know the code for the gate to open so I naturally started climbing the large gate.

"What are you doing?" Luke asks, laughing.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm climbing over." I answer.

"Why couldn't you just put the code in?"

"There's no fun in that now is there?" He giggles as I get to the top about to jump down.

"Don't worry I'll catch you." Luke offers holding out both his arms ready for me to fall.

I look down to see how high up I was which was pretty high but I surprisingly leaped forward, trusting that Luke would catch me.

"Gotcha." He says cradling me in his arms.

"T-Thanks." I say pulling a strand of hair out of my face.

"No problem." He carefully places me down and opens the door of the car, letting me in before taking his place in the drivers seat.

The ride to school was basically us just jamming out to our favorite songs and singing at the top of our lungs.

We both laughed at each other attempts to sing in the worst way possible.

We pulled up to the school and Luke parked in his assigned parking spot which was spot number 32. I remembered incase I ever needed a ride again.

"So I guess I'll see you at lunch." I say as I begin to walk to my first class.

"Hey Soph, wait." I slowly turned back around.

"Do you maybe want to do something tonight? The two of us?" I try to hold back smiles escaping my teeth and kept it together.

"Umm yeah. Sure. Sounds great." I say in a calm voice.

"Awesome. I have the perfect place I want to take you." He tells me and we go our separate ways. I couldn't help the smile on my face.

"Oh and I'll pick you up at eight!" He shouts so I could hear, which I did so I gave him a nod so he would understand that I heard him.

On my way to my first class I couldn't stop thinking about where Luke was taking me tonight.

// OK SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER! BEEN A LITTLE BUSY WITH THINGS. AND SORRY THIS CHAPTER KINDA SUCKED MY BAD BUT THANKS FOR READING ANYWAY!//

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.8K 2.1K 10
{ this book contains mental health issues, suicidal thoughts and self-harm. i love you all and please do not read if you feel uncomfortable with it o...
782 6 22
Falling in love can be beautiful thing and also be a terrible thing too, but when you fall in love with two people, you go through a war fighting for...
455 4 18
This is the story of Mila and Luke.
40.6K 670 47
Hard times don't just get better