Who Said girls Couldn't Play...

Bởi herecomesdree

Delilah. A beautiful girl who just so happens to play football. She's a junior in high school and 16 almost 1... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
copy rights
Chapter 2
Chapter 3: tryouts and troubles
Thanks!!
Chapter 4: Tylers P.O.V
Chapter 5: leaving
Chapter 6: what?
Chapter 7: woah
Chapter8:it's like a bomb went off
Chapter: maybe
Chapter9: maybe it'll be ok
Chapter 10 Part Two: Things May Work
Chapter 10 part 3:piece of art
Chapter 10 part 4: Dress Shoping
Chapter 11: Surprise!!
Chapter 12: What?!?!
Chapter 13: Moving On And goodbyes
Chapter 14: Homecoming Game
Chapter 15: Homecoming Dance
Chapter 16: ER
Chapter 17:Good news?
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Workouts With Gage?
Chapter 20: My New Room
Chapter 21: dolls, stuffed animals, and surprizes
Chapter 22: Something New
Chapter 23: Practice, Practice, Game
Chapter 24: Almost There
Chapter 25:Do We Win?
Chapter 26:Party Like There's No Tomorrow.
Chapter 27: Friends?
Chapter 28: France planing
Chapter 29: Leaveing For France
Chapter 30: The Flight
Epilogue
SEQUEL and other books

Chapter 10: hope

11.9K 310 147
Bởi herecomesdree

A/n omg!!!!! I can't not be live this is chapter number ten already, and already almost 200 views!! Anyway I've Been promising you guys a long chapter so my goal is 10,000 words  that is including authors notes. There may be time skips or text convos, just to let you know. Once of if I get 500 reads I will be having a contest for making a new cover. Who ever wins will have their cover, be either the picture for the chapter or the actually cover for the book. The others with all be a picture to a chapter too!!! So tell your friends! I will be editing all of the chapters I have so far after I publish this chapter!

This chapter is dedicated to taylor8wut for not only being a loyal reader but also commenting and voting. Seeing all these positive things and feed back really make my day!!!!

Last but not least if I do have spelling errors please comment on that paragraph and tell me, that would be major help!

___________\\

I finished crying and pass jack an extra shirt I had in my bag. I keep it there in case I spill something I'm clumsy, before you ask it was a guys shirt. Don't ask why, it just was.

After that the bell rings I go to the desk and ask for a pass so I can clean up before my next class. I walk to the bathroom after I grab my books and I feel like crap. I wish I could go home.

I walk into the bathroom and look into the mirror. Now I know that I look like crap to, great. Sense the sarcasm.

I clean off all of my makeup and put my hair into a messy bun. I apply some mascara and eyeliner. I put on Chapstick too. I hate how I feel every time I think about my dad, I hate it, absolutely hate it!

When I was younger he used to call on my birthday's and crap but now he doesn't. I Hadn't even seen him for 3 years. I was supposed to visit every weekend but he was always too busy. I don't get it. Why now? I had just had my high a school career planned out. No, as much as people may think that I want to see him now all the time cause he's my dad and I wish I could have a present father, I don't. I don't want to see him. He didn't have time for me, why should I have time for him?

I get all of my stuff back in my bag and check to see if my mom left for work. She did. While I'm in the bathroom I Use the restroom.

I walk down the hallways that are now empty. It kind of makes me feel alone. I guess I am in these empty hallways.

I get to the door to my class.

Ok I technically don't even have to go to class.

But you should

I don't want to though, a girl can only take so much.

You aren't a normal girl, you're better.

It doesn't feel like it,

Trust me you are.

I decide to trust that little voice inside my head. With that I grab the door handle, and pull the door open. I also decide to practice for the play.

I walk up to the teacher's desk and slap down my excuse for being late.

"I can't believe that I don't have guaranteed rights as a woman! If I want to play football I should very well be able to. I also shouldn't have to mention who my 'dad' is to be able to play!! I am a strong woman I remade to be treated like one!"

By now everyone is laughing and that includes the teacher.

"Miss.  Delilah please sit down before the class gets anymore adventurous" the teacher says with a smile.

"Sure thing I'm ready to learn.  Ready to learn where Australia is I mean I've tried really hard to find it but it's like where's Waldo.  They are great hiders those Australians. I tried to find my ex boyfriend but he was Australian so I couldn't find him. " I say making more laughs erupt for the class. By now my world history teacher is laughing so hard he needs to sit down.

Once the class and him calm down the teacher looks at me.

"Thanks to miss. Delilah for brightening my day, you all have no homework, and you have the rest of class to do whatever you please."  (a/n no he is not a teacher that hits on students it was just genuine)

Cheers erupted.   Students overjoyed that they had one less thing to do that night.

I sit by jack and he looks at me in awe.

"How did you do that and not get in trouble, I would have, no fair."

"I guess you just don't have talent because that's all it takes." I say with a laugh.

He looks at me and just starts cracking up.

"Your mood changes quickly, that's so cool!"

I just laugh I can't believe he is so stupid. I get out my notebook filled with drawings, I flip to a new page and start to draw wild horses running through the hills.

I have the horses done and just need to do everything else by the time the bell rings.  I shove my books into my bag and put it over my shoulder. Jack is waiting for me at the door that leads to the hallway. The next class is art and I could not be more excited. It's my absolute favorite class of the day. Before lunch I have painting and after lunch I have drawing.

I grab all of the colors I need to finish my folk art piece. It has a blue and purple background with trees and houses on a whole bunch of hills.

------//////-///// 1000 words

(Timeskip to lunch)

I grabbed a hamburger, fries with a frosty and a large cookies and cream milkshake from Wendy's and Dairy Queen since they were both across the street from my school. I ended up deciding to eat at school though and not at the restaurant.

I walk back to the school and swipe my school ID to get in. My picture on my ID is me in a blue flowing dress, my hair is curled and my makeup is all natural.

I walk through the hallways and stand outside the door to the cafeteria checking to see if I missed anything, or if anyone has stolen any of my food. Seeing that it's all there I push the door open and walk towards the back and passing the football table. Well I was until my body was thrown into a chair and my food managed to make it on the table.

I turn to see who pulled me down, ready to attack, they could have spilt my food! It was Zach.

"You're pretty brave for risking my foods life. I would have killed you if it died on that drop."

I say with a smirk.

"Well I think that would be a great way to die."

He says with a smile.

I think I may have a crush on him. Ok I know I do. He's so cute and sweet. Wow, I really sound like a girl.

Zack puts his arm around my chair and pulls me closer to him. Brent's staring at a girl sitting across the room a nerd too. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (A/n I'm a nerd too I have nothing against nerds) I should really get them together. He blushes when she laughs.

"I'll be right back." I say to everyone.

"Ok "

I get up and walk over to the girl, this can Benefit me too. I need a girl to be my friend. I need some girl time!!

"Hi, I'm Delilah, I have this friend and his name's Brent and he kind of likes you, and I'm kind of looking for a friend who's a girl." She looks at me and blushes.

"I know who Brent is I've liked him for awhile. I never thought he noticed me. I know who you are to I saw you at the football practice, your really good."

"Thanks, would you like to sit at our table?... Oh I still don't know your name!"

"I would love to and I'm Angel" Angel has blonde hair and green eyes and she's about my height.

"Oh, I love your name, come on I'm hungry and I have food, you cAn have some."

I grab her hand and pull her towards my table.

"Hey guys this is Angel, Brent can she sit next to you?" I ask with a smile.

"Y-y-yeah i'd love for her t-to"

I'm so happy, the ship is sailing.

"Ok, Angel do you want some fries?" I ask when she sits down.

"Sure, just a few though."

"Okay" I pass her my fries and tell her to eat as much as she wants.

"Hey, guys, what do you think the coach will do about me?"I ask nervously.

Zach puts a finger under my chin and turns my face towards him. He looks into my eyes and says " if he didn't let you on the team, he'd be crazy." Zach kisses my forehead and Hugs me.

"Not only are you extremely talented you are insanely gorgeous inside and out, I know it's kind of early but I was wondering if you'd like to be my girlfriend?" Zach asks with hope shining in his eyes.

"I think we should take a little more time to get to know each other." I say with a smile.

Zach lets out a sigh. "Oh, okay" By now Zach is dancing around and smiling like a fool.

I leave that conversation there and at that feeling awkward and bad.

------

Time skip to practice

I get on my clothes and my hair in a pony tail. I get on my cleats and run to the field. I find Brent and stand by him. It's great that I already have 3 guys on the team who like me. It makes my life easier.

"Hey where's coach?" I ask Brent.

He looks at me and says "He's on the phone with someone."

"Oh."

I lay on the ground and start doing sit- ups.

After about 500 sit ups the coach comes out of his office.

"Gather around, take a knee." Coach says looking extremely tired.

"Today we are going to have Delilah lead practice," he looks at me "do whatever you please but this could determine if you make the team."

I think about what we normally do for practice and warm ups at my school.

"How much time do we have?"

"Two and a half hours."

Ok I've got this, I have them do all the warm ups that my old school would do.

"Ok guys split up into defense and offense and then stand in a group with the people who are the same position."

This takes About two minutes.

"Ok offense I want you to run one mile while I work with defense, then wait by the 50 yard line."

Offense starts to run.

"Ok defense. I used to play every position so I know what you all need to work on, I want you to have first string here, second string here, and third strings or more stand over here." I say walking around the field.

"First stings get into position on the twenty yard line."

The first strings get into position but they are all messed up. No one's in the right place .

"Ok everyone get out of position and everyone pay attention to where I put all of you. I want the two tackles here and here." I say pointing to the spots I want them in. " I want the two ends right here and here, I want the two outside linebackers here and here, I want my middle linebacker here. I want my cornerbacks here and here, and lastly I want my two players on safety here and here. Now stay still." I step back and they all look great.

"Ok this is how you should stand everyone you come up to the line unless the person you're guarding is moving. You can stay still then too, just keep your eyes peeled, ok how many strings do you have?"

"4."

"Ok then I want second on the 10 yard line, third on forty and and fourth on thirty yard line. I want you all in the right spots in two minute, 3,2,1,go!"

"Ok times up!" I yell.

Besides for about 3 players being a foot away from where they should be, everyone was in the right place.

"Ok I'm going to run through you with the ball. I want you to go the way you would stand before, but remember where I put you." They all walk back.

"Set hike!" I easily run through them all.

"Now that was extremely easy to run through you, right now you aren't working as a team you're all  more worried about who gets credit for the play, this is why the other team keeps scoring on you. Now I want you to go back to where I put you after you work out a game plan, where all of you work together or else it's not going to work. I'm going to go get on my helmet, while you make the game plan."

I run and get my helmet. I run back and get ready.

"Set hike!"

Within seconds I'm down.

"I told you." I say with a smile.

Two people put me on their shoulders and then they all Cheer for me.

"Ok guys I need to work with offense, now and then we'll have a small scrimmage."

They put me down and walk off the field.

"Come on over guys!" I say to the offense.

"Ok stand where you normally would on the twenty yard line, only first string, I want second on thirty, third on forty, and fourth on ten."

I walk around and tell everyone where to stand.

I soon notice that there is no quarterback.

"Where's the quarterback?"

"Well we kind of need you to be cause right now, we just put a second string in their place."

I sigh.

"Ok well I guess I'll have to get on my gear. I'll be right back."

I run into the girls locker rooms and get on my gear. Within two minutes I'm back.

"Ok so I want you guys to go back to where you were standing and then remember where I put you."

About 5 defense players are don running so I have then play defense while I'm quarterback.

"Set hike."

I do the whole team work and how to work together well speech to everyone. After every defense and offense players have gone through the classic positioning and everything else, I call all the defense player on the field.

"Ok since we have on field we will play one game." Everyone cheers.

"Ok everyone line up defense over here, offense over here stand in a line and not by anyone in the same position as you."

They get into two long lines.

"Close your eyes, if you feel a tap on your shoulder stay on the field, if not please sit on the sidelines and wait to play." With that said I start to tap random shoulders. I start with offense and then go to defense.

"Alright, go to where you have to, theses players are not who you would normally play with, however a good football player can adapt and play with anyone. So you will be playing with them. Here's how this works, the offense players that are off field are playing on the same side as the defense that's on the Field now, the opposite go for the other side."

"Ok also I will be playing on both teams when they play offense for obvious reasons. Everyone Go get water. Come back in 2!"

I take a sip of water and go back onto the field.

"Ok, let's get this started, someone play some music in the speakers."

Someone turns on the music and we all do some jumping jacks.

"Ok get in your position and remember what you learned today. You are a piece of a puzzle, and this team is the puzzle, you fit in just right. Let's kick some butt."

The Scrimmage starts and everyone is playing really well.

While everyone else gets a break,I don't. I don't really care though because I love to play. The scrimmage ends after 30 minutes.

"Ok you all did well but we all have some things that we need to work out."

"57, you need to get to the ball quicker, 39 you need to to tackle the person, not just let them by you. That was a great practice and you all have already have gotten better. Even if I don't make the team I would be glad to help you all. Now go wash up, you smell like a dying cow."

They all leave and I head into the locker rooms. I take a quick shower and I put on some clothes.i grab deodorant and Perfume. I then gather up all my sweaty clothes and put them in my blue duffle bag with my initials on it in black. DAP. Delilah Ann Pretson. I walk out of the locker rooms once I put on my white VANS.

I walk back to the field and put away everything that the team left out.

"Hey, Delilah." Zach says as he walks up behind me.

"Hey what's up?"

"Nothing I just wanted to say you did great today."

////////////:/3000 words

(A/n almost there just 6994 words till the end of this update. )

(Time skip to the next morning, already at school)

Today I'm walking down the halls in grey high waisted shorts and a black lace shirt. I'm also wearing blue high tops. I'm walking into homeroom and everyone's gossiping about something big.

I sit in my seat and wait for jack to walk into the room and sit down. When jack doesn't come I'm getting worried. Not only is he not in home room but no one but me is actually in home room.

I sit in my desk tapping my foot for 4 minutes before the announcements come on.

"Hello, can we please have Delilah please come into the hallway." I walk into the hallway and see Brent standing there then he hands me a football.

"What's going on?"

"Just follow the clues, trust me it's worth it."

Taped to the side of the football is a piece of Parker labeled 'clue #1' I take it off of the football and read it

"This is not the place we met each other

But where we have the most fun together

A great end to a dull day

A place where we can paint a bay

Jack"

Ok well we met in homeroom so it's not there. And all of school is full but art class. Art class is fun and we paint in art room 5 so it must be there.

I walk to art room 5 and walk into it. Sitting in his normal seat is Jack.

"Hey pretty lady, here's football two, good luck." I hug jack before he walks away. When I open clue two I'm stuck.

What on earth does this mean

"You love this class too

Times Square can't shine as bright as you

Sorry I had too,

You're like a wizard here

Never a doubt and nothing to fear

At least when you're here

Angel"

Ok I found out what places it could be. It's either the gym or the lunch. It's probably lunch.

I walk down to lunch and sure enough it's lunch. I see Angel.

"I guess I am pretty skilled in the lunchroom. I have some pretty good food combos."

"Yup you are, not only that but your an awesome friend. "

"Awe thanks, have you talked to Brent?"

"Yeah we have a date on Friday. Anyway here's your foot ball."

I take the piece of paper and read it

"Roses are red violets

Violets are blue

Sorry that I had to go classic too,

you meet me here at half past two

Hopefully for the next year

That didn't rhyme but oh well,

See you soon,

Zach"

I run to the football field and see the whole school on the bleachers and the football team on the field.

"Hey even though you found us here's another football."

I untaped the paper and looked at what was written on it.

"We would love it if you would join the team and be our team captain/ quarterback."

"Do you really mean it?"

"Yup"

"I promise to help this team as much as I can!"

"We can't wait!" The team yells.

"I'm so grateful, what changed  your mind?" I asked the coach.

"You pulled this team together better in one practice then I have in twenty years. You would be a great addition to this team. I just hope you can forgive me."

"Of course I do. Thank you so much for this."

I say.

"It's really a pleasure I should be the one thanking you." he says with a smile.

"It's really not a problem."

"Hey would it be okay with you, if you made a small speech for the student body."

"I don't care, sure, why not." I say with a smile.

Someone hands me a microphone.

"Hi, I'm Delilah, go ahead and say it,"

"Hey there Delilah!" Everyone yells.

"Anyway I am really pleased to have this opportunity so I can't thank you enough. Second let's go beat all the other teams butts. Third, I'm just going to speak form my heart a little. So just to get everything out in the open, yes I'm the girl who brought her team to state championship and then got into an accident. I never talk about it but I thought you all should know. I was driving down the street with some friends and my sister A, like her name was actually A, anyway there was a drunk driver driving down the street intercepting our lane and my light was green. As soon as I pressed the gas Pedal to go the drunk driver hit us. Everyone made it out ok, except A, she ended up dying on scene. Not even from anything like impact or anything just plain fear. Her leg was severed just below her knee. She loved medical stuff so she knew what to do and knew she wasn't going to make it until the ambulance got there. She fixed everyone up and after fixing us all up. She had lost to much blood. She could have made it maybe ten more minutes if she would have taken care of herself and not me and my friends. She would have made it to the hospital and the ambulance. It was all my fault. Anyway the only really bad thing I had happen was a big piece of glass lodged itself in-between two of my ribs. I would have died, should have actually. The small hospital that they took us to wouldn't have been able to fix me, A did though. She could have changed the world, could have found the cure to cancer. I guess God didn't have that planned though cause she's gone. After she died the only thing I did was play football. So as a way to honor her I will help you win the state championship maybe even national. Thanks for listening to my long speech now, if you'll excuse me I need to go and clean myself up.

Everyone was crying. Forget about guys not showing emotion cause everyone was crying.

I ran into the school.

Why did I tell them that I promised myself I wouldn't ever talk about it again.

/////////4049 words

(Third person pov)

As Delilah's sitting on the ground crying leaning against the wall, Zach is being a jerk. He is making out with Zoey. Brent's running through the hallways with Jack looking for Delilah when they see Zach. They take a picture and agree that it's best if they tell Delilah.

Eventually Brent and Jack find Delilah on the ground outside of the art room. They decide that they should tell her about Zach first then comfort her and do whatever she wants.

Brent tells Delilah.

"Hey, Delilah, um this is hard to say so I'll just show you." Brent says, he shows her the picture and she goes from balling her eyes out to having smoke coming out of her ears in seconds.

"Where is he?" She asked through gritted teeth.

"Down the hall." Brent replied, fear in his eyes.

Delilah runs down the hallway and see Zach kissing the dumb blonde. (a/n I am a blonde and have nothing against them)

Delilah pulls Zach off of the blonde and punches him in the face.

"God we weren't even dating for a day before you cheat on me! You are worthless!! We are done if that wasn't clear already!! And don't you dare say that she came onto you because I watched you make out with her for ten minutes. God!! I'm a fool for even thinking anything of you! God I can't believe I let this happen again!! I'm so stupid!" Delilah yells at him.

She runs outside the school and then she sits on the stairs that lead to the entrance of the school.

*Delilah's pov*

I sit in the stairs and cry. Just cry. I have nothing better to do. I can't believe I let that happen again.

*flash back*

I knew he was the school player but I thought he was a good person on the inside and someone had just hurt him.

I was wrong.

I can't believe he was making out with my ex- best friend.

I'm so stupid I can't believe I though that I could change the stupid bad boy.

I'm done with players.

*end of flashback*

I guess I wasn't done with players, even if I wanted to be.

I finally cried all of the tears that I could have. Before we moved I hadn't cried since my sister died.

I'm a wreck.

"Hey, I'm sorry about your sister, I can't pretend I know how that feels. I'm sorry about Zach too. I'm Taylor, the nerd of the school."

I look up to see a cute brown haired boy who looks to be seventeen. He's wearing black high tops, a shirt that says " if I cared, I would have said I did", and black almost skinny jeans that gather up around his ankles. He's about 6 feet tall and he has big nerd glasses.

"Hi, I like your name, I play football, well obviously I do, I'm kind of like the odd ball, I like your shirt, I'm kinda smart, I'm almost 17, I'm a junior, and I'm 5 feet 8 inches."

He's smiling by now.

He has a cute smile too!

"How about we say you're sick and take you to the office, get our work and then go to lunch?"

"That sounds great!"

"Ok act sick, let's go."

We walk to the office and go into the nurse's office.

The nurse asks what's wrong.

"I think it's that time of the month, I can barely move. I definitely need to go home, I was wondering if my friend Taylor could come to cause my moms working until midnight?"

"Yeah that's fine just let me tell the people in the office and give you a note to get your homework."

"Ok"

Taylor and me get a note and then get all of our work. I go to my locker and put away everything I don't need. Then we head to Taylor's locker. He grabs two books, one for history and one for math.

We walk out to my car,because he walked to school, I drove us to Wendy's because that's where we both agreed. We also said that if we were still hungry that we would go to Dairy Queen.

*at Dairy Queen*

"I really have no clue how you ate that much."

Taylor says with a laugh.

"Well when the only thing you're good at is playing football, that's the only thing you do, if that's the only thing you do, you burn thousands of calories, if you burn thousands of calories, then you have have to eat even more calories. That's how I eat that much"

"Well I guess we'll have to change that fact that you only do one thing because I think that there's a lot of potential inside that pretty head of yours."

"You are such a flirt!"

When he's about to say something the server yells out the word "next!" And that's us.

I buy us both a twist ice cream cone dipped in crunchy, and a cookies and cream blizzard.

Taylor tried to pay but when he did I took his wallet and stuffed it in my bra. He looks at me and says, " I'm the guys I'm supposed to pay."

"Only guys are supposed to play football but I do,so it looks like I broke both of those rules."

He nods. "Because you paid I'm carrying it to the table."

"Fine"

We get to the table and talk about anything, our favorite colors, our similar styles, what we like to do, when we aren't studying and playing football.

I drive us to the park and I pull out my two skateboards because I want to skateboard and Taylor says he likes to.

We skateboard for an hour and then go to my house. We do our homework together and then he goes to sleep in the guest bedroom.

*Taylor's pov*

I woke up in room that wasn't mine. It took me awhile but after about 5 minutes I realized I was at Delilah's house, in the guest bedroom.

Delilah was something else, she's really good at football too.

I saw her art on the bedroom wall. It looks really cool and I really liked it. She's got a lot of talent.

//////////
And at 5100 word I'm ending the chapter I will be updating a part two to this chapter but it's already forever long and I'd feel bad if I made you read all of that in one sitting. Bye love you all!!

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

54.8K 1.5K 24
( completed in 2014) ( I wrote this when I was thirteen.. not my best work. plotting and writing is terrible just to warn you ) Peyton hasn't had the...
39.9K 905 24
Sadie Brown and Zack Williamson have been together for ten months. Sadie is kind, bubbly, and obviously faces struggles of her own, but is a generall...
4.2M 81.6K 28
Sophie's parents have shipped her off to a boarding school in Spain that can provide a better education for her. Now, after two years, her grades hav...
3.7K 107 38
Jenny is 17, on the outside she is the typical cheerleader dating the jock. Shes popular and where she is they dont know her secrets and thats how sh...