Back to the academy

By that-hamster-wheel

*Completed* Set during S3E11. After Jamie shot that man he was sent back to the academy for a few months to h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Jamie and Eddie's library adventure (5.2)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
War and baking (8.2)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Is it me or? (15.2)
Phone call to Mom (15.3)
Graduation jitters (Graduation prequel)
Graduation

Epilogue

697 12 6
By that-hamster-wheel

A/N: Thanks to everyone who joined me and stuck with me through this amazing journey called my story. Please enjoy the last chapter of this story. It's been fun gang.

A week after graduation, Eddie and Jenny found out they would be working out of the 12th precinct, just like Jamie. "I can't believe we get to be in the same house." Jenny said in an excited voice.

"It was totally meant to be. We are going to have so much fun together." Eddie was just as excited and ready for the adventure and thrill of cop life.

"So I was approached by a modeling agency a few days ago." Jenny said.

"Really? How's that work?" Eddie asked.

"Well I told them I was a cop and they couldn't believe it. Then they said they only needed me for weekends. I have to work my way up, but in a few months I could be one of the top models." Jenny explained.

"Wow, that sounds so exciting. I can't wait to see you in magazines." Eddie said.

"Well that's a few months away, but I can't wait either." Jenny was really excited, because she would be a great cop and also a model on the weekends.

Jenny and Eddie walked into the precinct and it was chaos. They walked to the ladies locker room and grabbed lockers next to each other, before getting changed. "What's all the commotion about?" Jenny inquired.

"Idk but I heard Jamie yelling with someone. I think he's in trouble." Eddie replied.

"Don't go leaping to his defense. You will just get labeled a troublemaker." Jenny warned.

"I wasn't planning on it, but I want to make sure he's okay." Eddie spoke in a concerned voice.

In Sargent Renzulli's office, Jamie and the Sargent were having a heated conversation. "I can't be her training officer, Sarge." Jamie said.

"Why the heck not Reagan." Sargent Renzulli asked.

"We're dating. You can't partner with someone you're dating." Jamie stated plainly.

"Well then this creates a problem. You will be riding with officer Walsh and I will get officer Regetti to train officer Janko." Sargent Renzulli said.

"What about Vinny?" Jamie asked.

"He transferred. After you went to the academy, he couldn't ride with anyone, without picking a fight. I had to transfer him. Sorry Reagan." Sarge said rather apologetically.

"Okay. Is officer Walsh a male?" Jamie asked curiously.

"No female and she is expecting you as of 5 minutes ago, so get outta here." Sarge replied and shooed Jamie out of his office.

Eddie bumped into Jamie and almost fell, but he caught her and held her up. "Thanks." Eddie said and smiled when she saw it was Jamie. "Are you okay?" Eddie said.

"Yeah. Oh you mean with Sarge? Yeah he just really looks out for me. He trained Joe and stuff, so he really keeps me on a tight leash." Jamie replied with a nervous laugh.

"Well if you're sure. I have to go find an officer Regetti. I'm so nervous." Eddie admitted.

"Don't be. He's a great cop and he will train you well and protect you great." Jamie said.

"I was really hoping for a first day kiss." Eddie said.

It wasn't really allowed, cops kissing in the precinct, but Jamie being the sweetheart he was, gave her one anyways. When no one was looking, he gave her a quick peck on the lips. "You'll do just fine. Just remember to let the senior officer go first and don't ask to drive. That doesn't kick in until the first month on the job." Jamie explained in a reassuring voice.

"Thanks. Jenny got paired with this really hot single cop." Eddie said.

"Hey, I take offense to that. I'm hot too." Jamie said.

Sarge stuck his head out and said "You're going to be on fire if you don't get to your partner."

"Yes Sarge. See you Eddie." Jamie said.

Many hours later, Eddie had really enjoyed her first day and it was time to finish shift. "I know a great cop bar nearby. Bring Reagan and your friend officer Adams." Regetti said as they signed in their radios.

"Really? Sounds great. I'll get Jamie." Eddie said.

She then walked to the men's locker room and knocked on the door. Someone answered and she said "I'm looking for officer Reagan."

"Hey Jamie, hot blonde looking for you." The officer hollered.

"Hey don't talk about my girlfriend like that." Jamie said and came to the door.

"Um hi." Eddie said and nervously tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hey, how was your first ride?" Jamie asked.

"Good. Regetti invited us out for beers at a nearby cop bar." Eddie said.

"I'd love to go. I wonder if my new partner would want to go. Can you catch her in the ladies locker room? Officer Walsh." Jamie said.

"Sure." Eddie said.

Jamie had the door open and a few of the guys were watching. Eddie saw this and decided to have some fun. "Play along." She whispered.

She then kissed Jamie hard and the guys all just stood there stunned. She then broke the kiss and walked away. The guys were all speechless and shocked.

When Eddie got to the ladies locker room, she found Jenny waiting for her. "Hey, I just have to find an officer Walsh. We got invited for beers by my partner." Eddie explained.

"Okay." Jenny said.

"I'm officer Walsh." A strong, tough looking female cop said. "You can call me Kara. You must be Jamie's girlfriend." Kara noted.

"Um yes I am. We got invited by Regetti for beers at a nearby cop bar, and Jamie being Jamie thought you might want to join us, before going home." Eddie said.

"Well I have to call my husband and tell him I'll be late, but I'd love to come." Kara said.

"Great. Do you need a ride?" Eddie asked.

"I took the metro here, so that would be nice." Kara said.

"Alright. Us girls can carpool there." Jenny said.

The ladies finished getting dressed in street clothes and then they left to find the guys. "Hey lambchop. Thanks for waiting." Eddie said.

"I see you met officer Walsh." Jamie said.

"Jamie how many times.... Call me Kara. He is too professional sometimes." Kara said with a frustrated sigh.

"I'll fix that." Eddie said.

"You guys ready to go?" Regetti asked.

"I still have to call my husband." Kara said and signaled she needed a minute.

Kara called her husband and had a quick chat with him. "You'll be okay getting Tommy to bed?" She said into her cellphone.

Her husband said a few things to her and then "Okay I love you David." Kara said and hung up her phone.

"Ready." Kara said.

"Us ladies will carpool together. Jenny and I did this morning and Kara took the metro, so we will give her a ride home." Eddie replied.

"Jamie you know where it is, and Kara knows too, so ladies we will meet you there." Regetti said.

"Sounds good." Kara said.

The ladies got in Jenny's XRS, and Jamie and Regetti got in their respective vehicles, and they all proceeded to drive to the cop bar a few blocks away.

When they arrived at the bar, Jenny and Eddie discovered the bar was called Sullivan's. Owned by a retired cop and his son, they wanted to create a safe place for cops to hangout and unwind after work. The ladies were all excited to get inside and have a beer. "They have dart boards inside." Kara said.

"Oh we had a couple at the academy. I'm game if you are." Jenny said to Kara.

They all walked in and Jenny reached to tie her hair back. The room was buzzing with all sorts of cops from various precincts. "Wow it's really busy. The room is so alive." Eddie commented.

"I know and look at all the cute guys." Jenny added.

"I'm already married, thank goodness for that." Kara said.

"What do your husband and son look like?" Eddie asked.

"Here have a look." Kara replied, and pulled out a photo from her wallet.

Eddie and Jenny looked at the photo and smiled. "He's a really handsome man and your son is really cute. You are a very lucky woman." Eddie said.

"I feel the same way. I know this job is rough, but every time I walk in the front door, I know I am blessed to have another day with them." Kara said.

"Jamie said he had a few close calls and his brother Danny too. He said we always have to be careful. He also stressed the importance of letting the senior officer go first." Eddie said.

"He's right. I can't tell you how many times that saved my life. It pays to be careful." Kara said.

"So who's for darts?" Jenny asked, subject hopping.

"I'm in. I think the guys just got here." Kara replied.

Jenny and Kara went and grabbed an open dart board and started playing. Jamie and Regetti came up and saw Eddie waiting at the bar alone. Jamie leaned in and gave her a kiss, before Regetti spoke. "Hey partner, you get left here?" Regetti asked.

"Ditched for darts. I'm just waiting for the bartender to swing by this area." Eddie replied.

"Hey Sully, 5 beers when you get a moment." Regetti hollered to an older mid 60's gentleman.

"Oh um thanks." Eddie said.

A few minutes later Jamie and Eddie were carrying two beers and Regetti had a beer too. They walked over to the darts board and Jamie handed Kara her beer. "Here partner, it's on me. Call it a welcome gift." Jamie said.

"Thanks Jamie. I'll treat you another time." Kara said accepting the cold brew.

Eddie handed Jenny her beer and said "I'm treating my favorite lady cop. Let's celebrate you becoming a model."

Eddie clinked her beer with Jenny and then they both took a sip. "What's going on over here?" Jamie asked.

"Just celebrating good news Jenny got. She's going to be a part time model, in addition to being a cop." Eddie replied.

"Really? How's that work?" Kara asked.

"Well they only need me some weekends, so I just have to figure out my schedule, so I can make the shoots." Jenny replied.

"That actually sounds like fun. I am curious to see how it all turns out." Kara said.

"Oh me too. Now I wanna get back to schooling you in darts." Jenny said.

They finished their game and Kara won by a margin. "Now what was that about schooling me? I think I bested you." Kara said.

"Wow partner you're really good at darts." Jamie complimented.

"Too much practice...." Kara trailed off.

They all grabbed a table and sat and drank their beers and chatted for a while. The evening was winding down and everyone in the room seemed really worn out after an hour or two. "What time is it?" Kara asked.

Eddie showed her her phone screen and she said "That late already? My poor husband must be worn out. I should get home to him and my son soon."

"We have an early tour tomorrow, so we can leave now if you like." Jenny offered, and finished the last of her beer.

"Thanks so much for the ride. It beats the metro this late. Too many creeps." Kara said.

"Where do you live?" Jenny inquired.

"I live in upper manhattan." Kara replied.

"Hey I live around there too. Give me your tour schedule and if I am able to give you rides to the house or home, I will." Jenny said.

"Thanks so much. I can give you me schedule tomorrow." Kara said.

The ladies got up and got their coats on. "So I'll see you tomorrow?" Jamie asked.

"Of course silly, we both have morning tours. I love you." Eddie replied.

"I love you too." Jamie said.

He leaned down and gave her a long kiss, before she left. She reached and pulled him in for a warm hug. Jamie had always enjoyed her hugs, so he let himself soak up her warmth and her delightful scent. "Take care of my partner okay." Jamie said to Jenny.

Kara made a face, but even though she had just been partnered with him today, she knew he was very kind and caring. "I will. My XRS is a very safe car. It keeps your girlfriend very safe too." Jenny said and gently nudged Jamie's side with her elbow.

"Oh ha ha." Jamie said in a slightly sarcastic tone.

"Well I'm off kids. Take care, and I will see you tomorrow bright and early Eddie." Regetti said and shook Jamie's hand. "Fine lady you got Reagan. She was great on the first day. I am a little surprised she didn't ask to drive though." He commented.

"You've been at this longer than me. The senior officer always drives for the first month, to show proper driving skills." Jamie reminded him gently.

"Oh that's right. I almost forgot about that. Hmm she seems very well informed then. Well goodnight folks." And with that Regetti left.

"Alright ladies we gotta go. Early tour and they won't want us late." Jenny said.

"See you tomorrow partner." Kara said with a smile.

"See you tomorrow officer... I mean Kara." Jamie caught himself just in time, but a chuckle escaped Kara's lips.

"Sure laugh it up...." Jamie said and gave her a look.

"Play nice lambchop. See you tomorrow." Eddie said and the ladies left to go home.

Jamie left to go to his apartment and was thinking back on his time as a teacher. 'If I had never been forced to teach there, I would have never met Eddie. I'm thankful for punishments, if only for the sake of getting to meet and fall in love with her.' Jamie thought to himself.

He stopped at a red light and said out loud "Wait when did I fall in love?"

A/N: You read my final chapter and now the story is complete. I really appreciate everything my fans did during the process. Notable mentions would be HPfangirl13, AtLoLevad, D.Andr3ws, edge15684, LungTienXiang, and JamkoRules. Thanks to your reviews and support. Also special mention to HPfangirl13, Erica without you, I would have been lost many times. You helped me with my writers block and gave me some amazing ideas, so a big thanks to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 2.9K 25
The second part of soul mates.
23.3K 277 25
A Blue Bloods Fanfic - After ten years of marriage Jamie and Eddie are still partners in every way, can they survive when they are faced by an enemy...
127K 3.5K 34
-COMPLETED In which, Finn is dared to make Millie fall in love with him. Started: March 4, 2019 Finished: February 9, 2020
2.8K 31 3
When Eddie is targeted by a cop killer, it turns her world upside down. Jamie swears to protect her but will it be enough? Or will this Blue Blooded...