Chapter 10

A/N: Wow chapter 10 already. I am so proud of myself and I want to thank all the followers, readers and reviewers for sticking with me this long and for accepting the new schedule. I am hoping you all love this chapter. Thanks to my beta MellyHorror-Salvatore-Northman for the edits.

It was Saturday morning and Jamie was being lazy. Breakfast had already started and he felt bad because he was making Eddie wait for him, most likely. However, what he didn't know was that she was being lazy in her bed too.

Eddie was feeling bad because she thought Jamie was waiting for her and she just didn't want to get out of bed. She pushed forward and got dressed for the day. When she finally dragged herself into the dining hall she saw Jamie walk in from a different entrance that led to the men's sleeping quarters.

The pair met in the middle and walked to get in line. They got breakfast consisting of fresh apple slices and warm oatmeal. It was peaches and cream oatmeal with fresh warm bits of real peaches inside. "So were you lazing about in bed too or was it just me?" Jamie asked before praying for their breakfast.

Eddie replied "No I lazed about in bed too." after they finished praying.

"I felt so bad because I thought you were waiting for me and there I was being all lazy in bed." Jamie said.

"I felt the same way and was going to apologize and offer to make it up to you somehow. Now that I know it was both of us, I feel a better." Eddie commented.

They both dove into their oatmeal and munched on their apple slices. Occasionally they would take sips of tea and chat in between bites of food. "So did you hear, they are expelling this girl. She got caught trying to cheat on one of her tests. The academy has a zero tolerance policy for cheating. Serves her right, I mean did she really think she was going to get away with it...." Eddie trailed off.

"Oh I know who you are talking about. Sandy Delkins... Yeah she was also a real trouble maker and her grades weren't very good. That prompted her to cheat." Jamie commented.

It always upset Jamie when someone got expelled for something like that because they were throwing a worthwhile career away. Being a cop was so rewarding and if these students could see that they would try harder and actually make an effort to get to that graduation day. "I wish students here cared more about their education. I wish students were more like you Eddie." Jamie said thoughtfully.

Eddie was surprised by this and offered "Well we can't all be as amazing as me. It takes a lot to keep up with the teacher." with a wink and a smile.

The pair finished breakfast and then finished their cups of tea. They brought their breakfast trays to the food line and decided to tan on the lawn again. They grabbed towels and headed outside for the rest of the morning.

When they got outside Eddie pulled sunscreen out of her pocket and applied some to her arms legs and face. She was having trouble rubbing the sunscreen into her neck so she asked Jamie for help.

Jamie rubbed the sunscreen in gently and then rubbed the remainder on his hands into his own neck. He rubbed sunscreen on his arms and legs also and then Eddie rubbed some sunscreen carefully onto his face. "There all ready to tan." She said giving Jamie a thumbs up of approval.

"Thanks Eddie." Jamie offered in return.

They both laid down on their respective towels and enjoyed the suns warm rays. The pair tanned for a while and chatted lightly until Jamie fell asleep. He napped for about a good hour before Eddie woke him up and offered him bottle of iced tea. "Here, drink this. It's really hot out." Eddie commented, offering the bottle of iced tea to Jamie.

Jamie gratefully accepted the bottle and said "Thanks, I was just getting thirsty after that nap I had. I love tanning with you on the lawn." with enthusiasm.