Playing for Keeps (a PIL fanf...

By jinxedby_105

Always on the run, and frequently alone, Arabella doesn't really have a place to call home. With her parents... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N: I needs some Pirates!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Ending note

Chapter 28

162 11 10
By jinxedby_105

                                   ( Morgan's POV )

                      We were leaving to go for the last event, on our way to Captain Lee's ship. Cecilia had offered to take Thomas with us before we left, but he declined. I loved my crew, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little relieved that he chose to stay behind. Though this is a far cry from a date, I cherished my time alone with Cecilia, and wished I had more of it. 

                      I look over at the blonde as we walk, she truly is amazing. I was thrilled beyond words that she had agreed to give me a chance to change my ways, thus giving me a chance with her. I had every intent on proving myself to her, and I would do everything in my power to not screw this chance up. Though I hadn't said those three little words outright, she had stolen my heart, and I had every intent on letting her keep it. If I could help it, I would never let her get away. I was captivated, and if I was honest, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her by my side. 

                        We finally reach Captain Lee's ship, and instead of sneaking the traditional way, Cecilia suggested we use her whip as a rope of sorts to climb aboard. With the flick of her wrist, she wraps her whip around the railing on the side of the ship, a mischievous glint in her blue eyes as she begins to climb quietly aboard. 

                         She gracefully climbs over the railing, and peeks down at me, her blue eyes dancing with excitement, and a smirk pulling at her lips. "You coming or what?" She teases, just loud enough for me to hear. 

                       I smile at her shaking my head. "Of course, I'd follow you anywhere Cecilia." I say, as I climb up the whip, and finally make my way onto the deck next to her. 

                       "You just want to follow meh so you can stare at meh ass while I'm not looking." She says, playfully slapping my arm. 

                       "Though I admit, you do have a fine ass, that wasn't what I meant by that." I say laughing, as a touch of pink tints her cheeks at my words. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, and one hell of a pirate. One of the few I had met that could successfully handle a whip. It was impressive really.  

                        "Come on, we need to look for the treasure." she adds exasperatedly, as she starts to drag me off towards the Captains room. I chuckle in response, letting her pull me along. We finally reach Captain Lee's room, and start our search. Cecilia starts rummaging through the various book shelves quietly, careful not to drop anything. 

                         I start going through the dresser, and any nearby boxes. "So did you guys always participate in the games?" Cecilia asks quietly, as she continues her search. 

                         "As long as the crew has been together. Not only that, we always win." I answer, as I move onto the next box, and start rummaging through it. 

                         "Oh really? Wow. That's impressive." she says quietly, moving on to another shelf. "I swear, it must be a Captain thing for you all  to keep so much liquor in your rooms." she adds quietly, as she carefully places some bottles on the floor. 

                          I shrug."Eh most of us like to collect rare types of alcohol i suppose." I add, moving my search to underneath the bed this time. 

                          "You've been doing a lot better though. I admit, I didn't think you could quit drinking, but somehow you've managed it." She adds quietly, as she glances my way, her blue eyes meeting my grey. 

                         "Well I couldn't risk losing you. Though I admit it isn't easy, you mean more to me than any habit." I answer, giving her a gentle smile as I meet her gaze. 

                         She blushes a deep red, as I stand up, and take her in an embrace. "Right, come on we have a job to do the treasure." She says nervously, not quite meeting my gaze. I chuckle, shaking my head at her attempt to change the subject. 

                         I bring my face closer to hers, resting my forehead against hers, before I answer her. "We'll get to it. But you, you're the greatest treasure of all." I whisper quietly, before bring my lips down onto hers, in a slightly heated kiss. She kisses me back with just as much heat, and though I could sit here kissing her for hours, she pulls away after a few minutes, a blush creeping across her face.

                       "Come on, unless you want to get caught bish, back to work." She says quietly, still blushing profusely.

                         "Alright, alright." I chuckle, returning to our search. We search for another good ten minutes, before Cecilia finally finds it. 

                          "Found it!" Cecilia exclaims triumphantly, holding up a beautiful jeweled necklace, with rubies and sapphires embedded into the silver chain. 

                         "Alright, well done Cecilia. Let's get out of here then." I answer quietly, as I take her hand in mine, and start making our way out of the room. We quietly move down the hall, passing all the rooms, luckily not running into any of the crew. 

                         We quietly creep across the deck, exiting the normal route this time. We make it a few steps off the ship, when we run across their crew, coming back from the event.

                      "Hey, what do you think your doing?" One of them yells, as they run towards us. Its a decently big group, but not the whole crew. Enough to outnumber us though. Cecilia immediately steps forward, ready for a challenge, whip in hand, and a challenge in her eyes.

                      I pull out my sword, getting ready as well. "Well lookie here aren't you a pretty little thing."one of the men adds, as he eyes Cecilia hungrily. She steps forward, cracking her whip, with a loud CRACK, taking out one man quickly. 

                     Another man comes up behind her while i'm fighting another crew member off. He grabs her by the wrist, and pulls her to him, planting a rough kiss on her as she struggles. Normally, I'm not the jealous type, but my blood boils at the sight, of someone else touching Cecilia, especially trying to kiss her like that. Before I can interfere though, Cecilia swiftly kicks the man, causing him to let her go, a fire in her eyes as she takes him down with her whip. "Don't touch me you Bish!" she yells loudly, the anger clear in her voice. 

                   I take down another, before checking on Cecilia. "Cecilia are you okay? I'm sorry for not getting to you sooner." I apologize, as I try to control my jealous anger, knowing it wasn't her fault. The sight truly made my blood boil, and if she wouldn't have knocked him out, I sure as well would have. No one touches Cecilia like that, especially when she doesn't want them to. 

                  I hated men like that, the kind to try and force themselves on women. It was disgraceful, and something I didn't put up with. "I'm alright Morgan, I can handle myself."she said confidently, as she took down another crew member. 

                   "Still. I'll make sure to speak to Captain Lee about it. He's a good man, and a respectable Captain. I know if he was actually present right now, he wouldn't tolerate that type of behavior from any of his crew members." I add, as we both continue to fight the last few crew members off. 

                    "Well, as long as his Captain deals with him later. That's really no way to treat a woman. Don't you bishes have any manners." She says loudly, addressing the men from Captain Lee's crew. 

                     Most of the crew had the decency to look ashamed at their fellow crew members actions. "Most of us know better mam." One of them answers her sheepishly.

                     "Well I should hope so!" Cecilia chides, and I stifle a laugh. One minute we're fighting, the next we're having a lecture on manners. Only Cecilia could pull this off. "Anyway, I hope you all learned your lesson. Goodbye." Cecilia finishes, and grabbing my arm, leads me away from the crew, and back towards the Sirius. 

                      I shake my head, laughing, amazed that she just pulled that off. She fought well, and handled the whole situation quite well. She even managed to get us out of there without fighting the rest of the crew. She was one hell of a woman, and very clever to be able to pull that off. "Only you Cecilia." I say laughing, as I glance over at the blonde. 

                      She laughs shaking her head."What? It was true! It didn't seem like they had any manners." she answers, still laughing. 

                       "But only you could start a manners lecture in the middle of a fight, then not only get away with that, but walk off without fighting the rest of the crew. They also looked pretty embarrassed after your lecture." I explain, smiling at her. 

                      She shrugs, smiling back at me."Well it worked didn't it? Then don't complain about it, just go with it." She adds, elbowing me in the side playfully. 

                     I laugh, putting my hands up in mock surrender."Not complaining at all. In fact, I'm thoroughly impressed actually."

                    "Well, it worked well enough." She answers simply, as we finally reach the Sirius. 

                      We're one of the first to arrive back, so we head to the dinning hall to wait for the rest of the crew. Turns out Arabella and Nathan chose to stay behind, and guard our treasure. They planned to go later after everyone returned. The next to arrive twenty minutes later, were Christopher and Luna, followed by Eduardo and Penelope about ten minutes after them. 

                      "Wait didn't Thomas stay behind?" Cecilia asks, glancing around the room, looking for our youngest crew member. 

                     Arabella fidgets nervously before answering."Well, no. I offered to go with him, but he wanted to go alone." She says quietly, looking slightly nervous. 

                      "You let him go alone? I mean I know he's not helpless but he has a wooden sword." I add, starting to worry a little bit for Thomas as well. 

                      "No, I gave him one of my swords Captain. Of course I wouldn't let him go out there without a decent weapon." Arabella adds, a defensive hint in her tone. 

                        "It's alright, I just worry about him, that's all." I add, and Russell walks in, with Kris perched on his back.

                         "You weren't supposed to leave the ship." Christopher exclaims, shaking his head in disapproval.

                        Russell snorts."We were fine, and she didn't get any more injuries. Don't worry about it."

                         "I gave them my extra pistol, just in case. They can handle themselves, and they came back safe, that's what matters." Nathan cuts in, before Christopher can respond. 

                          The conversation is interrupted when Thomas finally arrives, with a young woman in tow. Everyone looks at our youngest crew member, curious about who he brought with him

                            "This is Allison." Thomas introduces the young woman with him. Thomas tell us all how he met the young woman while sneaking on Captain Cecil's ship. He stumbles over part of the story, so Allison explains what happened, and why she came with Thomas.

                              To say the women of the ship were furious would be an understatement. They were clearly pissed off at what had happened to the young woman. I would have to agree that it was disgraceful, I hate that sort of thing, and was something I didn't tolerate. It was even worse that it was a fellow Captain behaving this way no less, which just made it even worse. 

                               The women of the ship immediately flocked to the new young woman, introducing themselves and the crew. I was afraid they were going to start a riot after hearing her story, and thought Cecilia was gonna lead them all over there to beat some ass. I had to reassure them I would call a captain's meeting to take care of it, in order to keep them from storming over there. 

                               It was amazing how quickly they were all willing to jump to her defense, even though they didn't know her that well. Though it seems they have already all clicked, accepting her into our family easily. I was glad for it, and proud how our crew always seemed to stick together, and we watched over our own.  

A/N: hi!! sorry I always end up posting so late at night everyone!!! >_< Anyway, only a few more chapters before we leave pirate island, but the story isnt over after that! I take them to one more place, and shortly after that, we'll do a long epilogue... This will be the first story i have ever finished completely on here... wow... i mean i plan on finishing everything i start but yea... this one is the farthest along...anyway.. that's this chapter! Thanks for reading!

-Jinx  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 769 21
[COMPLETED] When soon to be mistress of the house, tough, stubborn, and not at all lady like Rizuki Carribea runs away from the palace of the kingdom...
52.3K 1.7K 15
People said our dads fell in love, but were kept apart by their parents. But dad said this wasn't true, and I believe him, I always have. He's not al...
4.8K 128 30
The American Witch in a British World. What will happen when Sienna Foster loses the brightest light in her life? How will she cope? When she gets a...
6.4K 333 18
* * * "...Why are you following me?" I only muttered in case no one was really there. I didn't want any surrounding people to think I was crazy and j...