Ethereal Angels

Від EleanorHelena

"No escaping this place, " Falentine whispered in her ear. "You belong to us now" Adelina... Більше

Trailer and Character Profiles
1. Creatures in the Night.
2. Home
3. Somebody Somewhere
4. They can't take you from me.
5. Ghost of what once was.
6. I Can Feel Your Heart
7. Breathe
8. I won't be afraid
9. The Candles Blew and Then Disappeared
10. You Followed The Loss of Sound
11. Always Second Guessing
12. My World Split In Two
13. I Can't Let You Slip Through My Hands
14. More Like The Moon
15. Echo in the Emptyness
16. Why Not Watch Me Hurt?
17. As Old As Your Omens
18. Nothings The Same When You Give It Away
19. I'll Drown In the Rainfall.
20. Before The Damage Was Done.
21. If I Had A Heart I Could Love You.
22. Are You Deranged Like Me?
23. Is It Your Heart, Is It Just Thunder
24. You Keep Me Without Chains
25.You'll Be Coming Clean Tonight
26. Frozen Waves Meet Ocean Floors.
28. To A Place Where Love Won't Die.
29. As the World Falls Down.
30. A Dream Without An End
31. Stars Crawling out of the Sky
32. How They Hold You Like a Gun.
Wattpad Block Party!!
33. I Was Only Trying To Wake You Up.
34. We're All Broken People.
Folkes Chapter
35. And I'm Offering All Of Me.
36.Coming Apart At the Seams
Folke's Chapter
37. I've been thinking too much. Help me.
38. Don't Listen When I scream

27.You Bleed Me Dry and I Don't Ask Why.

1.2K 49 17
Від EleanorHelena

A/N I am so sorry this update took so long. I took a 8 week class and had to deal with that final on top of my internet hasn't been working right since last Sunday and went completely out on Friday. However,  I should be back on a normal schedule now! 

Adelina groaned and a whine escaped her lips as she lifted herself off the scratchy mattress. She had spent the last few hours in a restless sleep, shivering, shifting, itching, and hurting. The mattress was old and every spring  stuck into her body and scratched at her skin when she shifted. The blanket that laid on top of the bed was thin and barely covered her tiny frame. The concrete walls had kept a chill in the room that hadn't helped her stay warm. Adelina took her aching body and headed towards the tiny square bathroom. As she peered at herself in the mirror, she saw the dark bags that had formed under her eyes and the scratches that lined her body. She stared at each and every mark the mattress had left and anger bubbled up  as heat spread through her body. 

If only she had killed him, but what would have happened to her?

Adelina strolled back into the room and collapsed onto the mattress, her eyes lost focus and she felt hazy as she thought about the engagement party. A knock on the door and the creak that followed broke Adelina out of her trance as a guard stepped in carrying a small tray of food and water. He dropped it on the ground in front of the door and exited the room without even glancing in her direction. 

Adelina scooted her body towards the tray and lifted the food to inspect it. She gagged as a rotten smell hit her nose, her stomach began to churn.  She carefully lifted the lid of the tray and her stomach flipped as a piece of meat oozed with juices that were unrecognizable.  A piece of moldy bread sat in the corner of the tray. Adelina stood quickly and jogged to the bathroom with the tray in hand throwing the contents into the toilet and flushing the contents. Her stomach heaved in pain as she sat down letting her head rest on the cold concrete wall, waiting for her stomach to settle.

Adelina crawled out of the bathroom and laid back down on the mattress, gulping down the water.

"You get used to it, eventually." The voice, Aaron, said from the other side of the wall.

"I'm not sure that is possible. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever get used to that."

"You can try to eat the bread. I usually can scrape the mold off. It would give you some food in your stomach and help you keep up your strength."

"How long have you been here?" Silence resonated through the air. 

As the silence grew thicker in the air Adelina began to feel guilt bubble up into her already upset stomach. "I didn't mean to pry; you don't have to answer if you don't want to. It just sounded like you have been here a long time if you said you've gotten used to the food."

"I've lost count of how long I've been here, to be honest. Far too long." His voice came out in a hushed tone and Adelina could hear the sadness seep out of every word.

"Oh. I'm sorry. You don't have to talk about it if it is too painful."

"I'll admit it is painful. I lost a lot the day I got captured. But it isn't your fault so please don't apologize for something these creatures did. I did what I needed to do to protect the ones I love, and in the process, I got caught. But as long as those I care about are safe, I don't mind paying that price."

"Why did you end up in here?" 

"That is a long story. And I'm afraid we don't have time. The guards are going to be making their rounds again, but I promise I will tell you my story. I never got your name, by the way?"

"Oh, my name is Adelina."

"Well Adelina, be strong and maybe we can find a way out of this."

"I'm afraid I'll die here," Adelina whispered to herself as she heard commotion outside in the hallway.

The door creaked and groaned before slamming open. Adelina's body shook as Taavi and Falentine stepped through the door. Fear ate through her body as she realized Asmund was absent from the usual trio. She had never been alone before with the other two, but she knew what they were capable of.

"And how are you enjoying your stay here?" Falentine's voice echoed off the concrete walls.

Adelina glared into his crystal blue eyes, her lips pressed into a tight line.

"The silent treatment it is. Well, I hope you slept well and enjoyed the gourmet food we provide to all our guest. I hear the meat is absolutely divine." Falentine mocked as he stalked around the tiny room. Adelina pushed her body into the small corner where the mattress laid. As Falentine watched her a wicked grin spread across his face and his eyes began to shine. "You're afraid of me! Well, that would have saved you a lot of trouble had you feared me sooner than this, but that is okay. At least, we are making progress now. Baby steps!" Falentine lurched over to the corner and lifted her chin up to stare directly into her eyes. "Never forget that I am not to be toyed with. You've seen what I'm capable of and I won't hesitate to destroy everything you love."

Adelina jerked her chin away from him and let her eyes focus on the gray tiles on the stone floor. "I know what you are capable of, you and my sister both."

"Oh yes, your sister. She is a doll, huh. She does whatever is she told and all out of what she thinks is love." A deep chuckle shakes the room. "Guess she doesn't realize that she means nothing, no she is a fun play toy. I bore of her, though. Besides, she doesn't truly belong to me, like you do."

"What do you mean? You've announced your engagement to her. You both killed Daniel!" Adelina yelled.

"She means nothing to me, Adelina. She is important, though, but has served her purpose. Her heart is black and she has fallen but you, my dear are as pure as they come. Your soul can't be tainted, no matter how hard I try, not that I'd want to. You are the definition of pure and innocent. Anyone can see that innocence by looking into those doey-big blue eyes of yours.

"I'm not so innocent. I tried to kill you. I wanted you dead and still do."

"That doesn't make you any less innocent. That just makes you an adorable little fighter. You're innocence and every part of who you are belongs to us. I want to make sure I am clear on that Adelina. You will never get away from us. I will chain you to a wall and kill your entire family if you ever try." He rested his hand under her chin lifting her eyes once again to his. "You belong to me. You are ours and only ours. The faster you learn that the less you'll suffer."

"I belong to no one." Adelina stubbornly raised her chin out of his grasp but kept her eyes on him. "I'll never belong to you, or your brothers or your father."

"Brave girl," Taavi spoke up. "One who speaks such thoughts while stuck in a prison too. I find that to be rather foolish and even more foolish is the fact that your entire family hangs on a thread."

"You can try to break me, but I won't let you. You won't win."

"I'm afraid we have already won. But go ahead and try to resist. Might be fun to chain you up next time you disobey us. I would think you would be begging for my forgiveness after spending one night down here, but here you are still as stubborn as ever. You are going to be quite fun." Falentine laughed. "No more of this senseless talk. I came down here to tell you that tomorrow will be a big day for all of us. Tomorrow the final sacrifices shall be made and the world will be ruled by the four of us. We will be reunited with our father and everything will belong to us. I'll need you presentable for tomorrow so I expect you to use the shower. Also, I'll have a few ladies down here to get you ready for the big event. I have a perfect dress picked out for you and your sister. I'll let the rest of your family attend as well so they can be a part of all the festivities.

"Are you going to kill me," Adelina asked dryly.

"No, my dear, we won't kill you. You're far to valuable for that and too precious. We won't torture you physically either but remember there are things far worse than death and other members of your family we can hurt and kill. Don't pull another stunt like you did last time or you might find yourself an orphan. Enjoy the rest of your day and sleep well. You'll want to be well rested for tomorrows events." Falentine exited the room and Taavi followed slamming the door behind them.

Adelina let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. Her hands quivered and her body shook.

"Tomorrow. I thought we had longer." Aaron spoke up again from behind the wall.

"We?" Adelina's voice came out barely audible.

"Me and my people."

Silence drummed through Adelina's head as she was unsure of what he meant.

"Your kind?" She finally said breaking the silence.

"Werewolves, yes."

"Wait, werewolves? Seriously? I guess I shouldn't be shocked and might as well add that to my list of things that shouldn't exist but do. Vampires, demons, angels, witches, werewolves...what next?" Adelina rambled.

"Wait you're telling me you had no idea werewolves existed?" He laughed.

"What is going on here? I don't understand anything. I don't even understand what this big event is or why I'm here or why they had to kill Daniel, or how I play a part in all this.I just don't get it." Adelina's voice raised as she became hysterical.

"I wish I had more time to explain everything, but the guards will be doing checks again soon. Here is what I can tell you, though. They need sacrifices and lots of them to raise their father. Werewolf blood just happens to be one of them and I happen to be that werewolf. My wife.." his voice stuttered. "She and I had gone out to get some supplies from a nearby town. We had been ambushed and they had gone after her first. I was able to fight them off so she could get away, but in the process, I got myself caught."

"I'm so sorry Aaron."

"Me too. But we must not give up yet Adelina. There are others like me out there and they will be looking for me. If they catch wind of this resurrection they will do anything within their power to stop it. We cannot let the King be resurrected or the war will start again and our kind will become slaves to the vampires. They won't hesitate to kill everything and anything that they want."

"I hope so, Aaron. I am truly scared. I am not sure I have any hope left in me, but I will try to help in any way I can."

"The guards are coming any minute now. Try and save your strength for tomorrow."

Adelina laid her body down on the hard concrete floor, letting the cold seep into her body. She closed her eyes and she saw Daniel's face as they walked hand in hand that day into the village. His dimples on his cheek as he smiled down at her. The way he made her heart skip a beat every time he touched her hand.

A tear escaped as she realized she'd never see his face again. His smile would be forever lost and his eyes would never meet hers again. She would never feel the warmth of his skin as he rested his hands on her. Her stomach churned in pain and her heart twisted.

"Aaron..."

"hmm?"

"I'll do anything I can to fight them with you."

And she meant every word she said. She couldn't let the monsters win.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2.5M 91.2K 23
"You're the only thing that I have ever truly loved," he states, leaning in closer. I try to scoot away, but he corners me on the bed, placing his bo...
5.6K 2.8K 27
"Why are we like this?" "This is what our destiny wanted." "No this is all what YOU wanted," I said quite harshly and then definitely regretted and a...
76.9K 2.5K 28
"Stay still." He took his sharp talon and moved aside a piece of her blonde- practically white- hair, still damp from the bath, and tossed it over he...
A fight Від ✌🏾

Фентезі

46.9K 2.4K 51
BOOK 1- A yes BOOK 2- A Fight Innana turned back to Osmian. "Before I forget. I made this for you." Innana said and handed the multicoloured flower t...