You Deserve ( August Alsina F...

By Diamondss123

Amber Combs is a beautiful, intelligent young lady who hasn't had the easiest life. She has done some things... More

Miss Independent
Dislike..
So Nice To See You Again
In The Club
Meeting
Getting To Work
Fucked Up
Make Up
Let's Try This Again..
It's A Party!
Drunk In Love
Apologies & New Friends
Let's Talk...
Let's Talk...Pt.2
Let's Talk...Pt 3
Good Heart
Love
Responsiblities
Sleepover
Never Again..
Hard
Brand New
Stubborn
Great Thanksgiving? Pt 2..
Great Thanksgiving? Pt. 3
Black Christmas
All Guest are Welcome
Your Grandwhats?
Annoying August
Sickly
In Sickness & Health
Update

Great Thanksgiving?

1.2K 54 3
By Diamondss123

Amber

*The Day Before Thanksgiving*

"Okay so is this all you need?" I asked Ms. Sheila as I dropped off all the necessary grocery bag containing all the ingredients for Thanksgiving dinner.

We talked last night and had a shopping list delivered by the girls once she dropped them off before work. 

She nodded her head as she looked through all the shopping bags. "Yeah baby you got everything I need. I would've had August ass running back to the store at least 3 more times." she shook her head. I laughed to myself just imagining an aggravated August having to go back to the store more than once. I hate to admit it but I miss him and his attitude.

 "Are we doing anything today?" I asked, helping her take everything out of the bags.

"We're just going to bake the desserts tonight & prepare everything so tomorrow will go by smoothly."

"Okay. What kind of desserts are we making?" I asked.

"Traditional sweet potato pie, pecan pie, and the girls favorite red velvet cake."

"Awe. That's their favorite? I might make it for them the next time they come for their session."

"You bake?" she asked, with wide eyes. I guess August never told her that I can actually cook.

"Yes ma'am. I learned everything from my Nana Nadine." I smiled proudly. I missed my Nana but unfortunately, her and my PawPaw will be out on vacation for Thanksgiving.

"Ahh. I remember I had this friend named Nadine who made the best lemon icebox pie." she reminisced as if she could taste the pie right at this moment.

"My Nana taught me how to make a lemon icebox pie but I don't know if it'll be the same as your friends." I suggested.

"Sure. Is there much that you need?" she asked.

"No ma'am. I can run to the store to grab the ingredients while the red velvet cake is cooling down. I'll only take about 10-15. I can make it today so it can be chill and set for tomorrow."

"I'm so glad you can cook and bake too! I'm not going to lie. For a second, I thought you couldn't but I guess that's why you should assume." she smiled at me.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

"Your welcome, baby girl. While we're at it, why don't we get to know each other?" she suggested.

"That sounds like a god idea. Would you like to go first? Adults first." I said respectfully.

"Goodness, I love how manner-able and respectful you are. But it's okay. I'm pretty young as you can see." she cheesed, putting her hand on her hip. "I'm from Louisiana but I prefer Houston for several reasons. I love my family. I have 5 kids: 1 girl & 4 boys & I have 4 beautiful grandchildren. I enjoy my job even though my stubborn son is against it. I love to laugh & have fun. Small family parties and cookouts are my favorites. & I have a slight problem with my mouth, whatever I think just flows out my mouth. I think that's where August gets his smart, slick mouth from." she laughed which is true. That boy doesn't care what he says or where he says it. Everything just flows out like water.

"You have one more glorious grandchild?" If the girls are amazing, I can just imagine how wonderful the other is.

"Yes. This one is the only boy kind of like how my kids are. He's so sweet and shy unlike the girls."

"Awww. Will he be here tomorrow?" I asked.

"I hope so. My son said he would try to get here tomorrow, no promises. & hopefully the rest of my kids will make it. Now what about you?"

"I'm 20. I moved to Atlanta when I was younger with my MawMaw from New Orleans. & I obviously have no family so I'm very grateful for you inviting me to eat Thanksgiving dinner with you and your family. I enjoy reading, helping people, cooking, baking, and kids. I don't have that many friends just a few because of my shyness to socializing with new people outside of work. Um I think that's about everything." I blushed slightly.

"You're so precious. I'm so sorry about your family." she rubbed my arm to comfort me.

"It's okay. God doesn't make mistakes, right?" she nodded, agreeing with me. No matter how sad & hurt I am by the death of my family, I can only be grateful that they're in a better place, smiling down at me. Especially my Daddy.

"Now that we know each other a little better, how about we start working on these desserts?"

"Yes ma'am."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright. I'm back from getting the ingredients from the store." I spoke as walked through the slide screen door in the dining room. "How is the red velvet cake coming along?" I asked as I saw Mama Sheila back facing me.

"I just finished putting the final touches to it."

When I finally saw the final product, I was surprised.

"Wow. It came out really well." I complimented.

"Thank you baby. Desserts are finished not including your pie. While your mixing up your dessert, I'll start prepping everything else." she informed me while washing her hands.

"Okay. It won't take me no more than 25 minutes. I promise & once I'm done I'll start helping you so tomorrow will be a breeze."

"Let's get started then!" she cheesed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanksgiving Day

"But Jess, I can't think of anything to wear!" I whined while Facetiming her on my MacBook as I laid on my bed pouting.

"First of all, stop whining . Secondly, I'm sure yyou have something to wear in that big ass closet of yours. Find something that's sexy, since Creole is gonna be there, but classy because this is a family holiday." she suggested while munching on pickles. She literally held the entire fork and ate the pickles directly out the jar.

I turned my MacBook towards my closet & began looking for something 'sexy but classy'.

"But the majority of my closet is business casual." I said digging through my closet for what seemed like the 100th time.

"What's those bags behind your clothes?" she pointed out. I looked where she pointed & found a couple of bags.

"Ohhh. These are the clothes I bought awhile back & I thought I lost them." I told her as I looked through the bag.

"Let's see what's in there!"

I pulled out the clothes one at a time to get her advice.

"Nope"

"Nope."

"That's gon be too damn tight & you know you gotta fat ass." she said nonchalantly.

"Jess!" I scolded.

"What? Don't Jess me! Keep going. You only have a few hours to get ready."

I pulled out the last outfit from a different bag which just so happened to be the last bag.

"This is the last one. I ordered it offline." I held it up & stood back to show it to her.

"That's the one!" she yelled with a mouth full of pickles.

"Really?"

"Yeah! All those colors would look great with your skin complexion plus you're not revealing much and it's cute. Wear that with some simple heels & BOOM, you got your outfit!" she cheesed hard like she was wearing it.

"Thanks Jess. I really needed your help. I'll call you when I get home to find out how your Thanksgiving went."

"Okay Bambi boo. I'll text you if I fall asleep before you call. Have a safe Thanksgiving."

"Thanks. The same to you & Nemo. I love you guys." I pouted.

"We love you, too. Toodles." she pouted back before hanging up.

I'm gonna really miss her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 hours later after cooking

"Wow! I'm so glad we're finished." Mama Sheila sighed as we sat down.

"Me too. But it went by much faster since we prepped everything yesterday." I pointed out.

"I know. That's why I always bake the desserts first."

"I'm kind of tired, would you mind if I took a nap in the girls room?" I asked politely.

"Sure baby. Down the hall and it's the second room on your right. Did you bring your clothes with you to get dressed here like I told you?" she asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay. Well I'm going to my room because a nap doesn't sound too bad right now. Sweet dreams baby." she kissed my forehead, heading to her room.

"The same to you" I yawned, getting up, grabbing my bag from the corner by the couch & heading to the girls room for my nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ms. Amber?" somebody whispered while shaking me.

"Hmmm?" I opened my eyes and saw Chay.

"MawMaw said to come wake you up. Everybody is on the way."

"Okay. Thank you sweetie." I wiped my faced. She nodded and walked out the room.

I grabbed my bag & went to the bathroom across the hall to get dressed.

20 minutes after getting dressed and retouching my makeup, I heard someone twisting the doorknob, trying to get in.

"Somebody's in here." I said while putting on my lipstick but it was muffled and sounded like 'humbody in hunh'.

They kept twisting the doorknob and knocking. I ignored them & continued finishing up my lips. I cleaned up after myself and put all my stuff back into my bag.

The person began knocking really loud, annoyed, I unlocked the door and swung it open fast with an attitude.

"August?"

"Amber?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1.1K 35
COMPLETED BOOK 2- Sequel to Deal With It (#2 in ambitious #19 in tearjerker #3 in French) Amber Amity just couldn't seem to catch a break. She lost h...
218K 7.7K 48
the things we do to survive .. growing up in the hard streetz of New Orleans life is handed to you there is no silver spoon, Or easy way out.You have...
18.4K 662 50
You are just gone have to read it to find out babies August alsina Kid ink & Chris brown
863K 32.4K 103
It's 'Killed or be Killed' and living in New Orleans, you start to live by the 'Survival of The Fittest' mentality. Everyone's trying to make it and...