EDITING■The Ocean's Voice- A...

By TheJasmineDragon

By the light of the moon Songs from the sea But is it all too soon My lovely enemy? Both Broken And too blind... More

Authors Note
1 The Prophecy
2 The Way of the Sea
3 The Marine War
4 Kai
5 A Myth Revealed
5.5 The Imperial Order
6 The Capital
7 On Gaurd...
8 Wreckage
9 Rules and Regulations
10 Story Time
11 Strange Island Encounters
12 The Dare
13 Charge!
14 My Lovely Enemy
15 Of Land and Sea
16 A Song from the Sea
17 Wrapping the Wound
18 Crashing Waves
19 Edmond
20 What Would Mother Say?
21 Emperor Caesar & Kai
22 The Elders
23 Ceasar Returns
24 Noon
25 Day Dreaming
26 Negotiating
27 Andrew Leonard Vice
28 Recovery
29 Nightmares~Part 1
30 Nightmares~ Part 2
31 A Voyage to the Moon
32 By the Light of the Moon
33 Purgatory
35 Annabelle Lee
36 A Blood Red Moon
A/N The Battle of the Covers

34 Confession

46 2 0
By TheJasmineDragon

#6
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Great Luna I am not in a gaming mood Edmond." Kai growled, lifting his head.

Then she had an idea. She lowered her face to his.

"Please wake up. " she whispered.

I will make him wake up.

She let her hair drape around him as she placed her hand on his cheek. Kai pressed her lips gently to his and parted his lips with hers. Edmond's eyes opened in confusion and surprise. Kai released a small bubble of air into his mouth. He began to melt in her arms. Then she pulled away leaving Edmond out of breath. With that, the prince leaned over the edge of the boat coughing up sea water. A sigh of relief came out of Kai as Edmond laid back down.

" Oh Edmond, are you alright?"

"Kai I did not know you had that in you." He beamed.

" What?" Kai asked in surprise. Then her eyes widened in realization. " You were awake the whole time?"

" No, I woke up to a beautiful woman's kiss."

Kai was speechless. Edmond tried pulling her in for another kiss but she pulled away. And then, without warning, she slapped him.

"You moron!" She yelled "You scared me to death!"

" I came back for you! I said I was sorry and you ran! You were injured and weak. I wasn't about to let you die!" He argued as he sat up.

"I fled because you were about to asualt me!"

Guilt spread across Edmond's face. He leaned back down and looked away.

"I know," he said quietly "first the kiss and now this. I know I'm horrible. I just really want to be... with you. I feel like I can do the impossible when I'm with you."

With me? He's not making any sense. Kai thought.

He looked back up at her and noticed Kai's hair had fallen around his face. It was like a dark silky curtian flowing all around him protecting him from the world. Her face was above his just inches apart. He couldn't help but be entranced by her purple gaze and once again felt vulnerable in her presence.

"I'm not making any sense to you am I?"

The mermaid shook her head.

Kai too, was looking into his eyes agian. They had that puppy look agian. That charming, hazel glint. She could tell he really was sorry. Edmond was really adorable when he looked helpess. The way he looked at her was confuesing. She had never seen anyone look at her like that. Kai couldn't understand it, nor could she understand the way he made her feel. It was like he was her Achilles heel, for he was the only one who made her feel physically weak. But she said nothing.

"Kai I know it's improper between unmarried people. And although I have committed that sin before, you are too special to me. I refuse to allow my imperfection to ruin you. I don't know what came over me. I really am sorry."

Married? What is this married he speaks of?

"You are willing to be patient?..." Kai asked quietly.

Wait for what? Kai wondered.

"Yes, of course. A million times yes. I'd wait a whole lifetime if it meant spending a few seconds with you. " He declared. " Doing anything at all."

Kai sighed, over dramatically. "What will I do with you?! Just...don't do what you just did, without warning... you are forgiven. But I did not appreciate what you just did. I don't approve."

"I understand. I'm sorry." Edmond smiled at her and opened his arms to her.

" I don't think so, I know your tricks, you need to sit up."

He smirked agian at her as he sat up. Once more he offered his embrace. Kai gave him a nervous once over but accepted his offer. She leaned into Edmond's chest and hugged him.

" Did I ever tell you that I love how your hair drapes over me like a curtian?" He said as he pulled her into his lap.

Kai rolled her eyes.

" No." Kai said innocently. She polietly removed herself from his lap, sitting herself next to him.

I'm still way too fast for her... Edmond thought. I need to confess. Only then, she will understand.

"Kai, I need to tell you something." Edmond said softly. "I used to be very... aggressive."

Kai raised an eyebrow. "You still are."

Here I go. Edmond thought.

"And when I first saw you, I was going to be aggressive again, and I was going to move on. But you... you were fire and ice. And that shocked me, I mean no one's ever talked to me like that because, I'm a prince and I- well you know but then I got to know you. You changed me and I never thought it would be you but here we are. And I love the way you scold me. I love the way you can see right through me and how you are not afriad of me. I love and admire...everything about you. And everything that doesn't make sense about me, my life, it all makes sense when you're-"

Kai listened to his babble for a long time. She eventually silenced Edmond with another small kiss.

"Silence peasant!" She mocked, grinning. "Speak your mind and you'll be heard."

Edmond was agian caught off gaurd. He blushed but quickly turned serious again, cupping her hand in his as she moved to sit across from him.

He gulped and said "Well..."

Kai looked up at him in confusion, still unsure what he was trying to say. She gave his hand a squeeze. He looked her in the eye and stuttered nervously.

" Kai I-I... I'm in love with you..."

Kai froze, backing away from him.

"What?"

Edmond nodded slowly.

Her ice gradually turned into a warm smile. "Well this explains alot..." Kai laughed nervously.

Edmond was still quiet, staring down at the floor. He took took a deep breath.

"Your highness, just a couple of months ago I would have killed you. Love is a weakness. And I was right..."

Did I say that right? She thought

Wait ...what? Edmond wondered. He looked at her presumptuously. She must care care... or feel something for me...? I hope?
He expectantly waited for a response, as his heart slowly sank into the fathoms bellow.

"That's all you're going to say?" The prince asked.

I know in the way of my people we say I love you to someone who is close to us, but this person is usually a mother. Edmond is not a mother... what do I say?

Kai took a breath and said
"Edmond, I have a very deep regard for you aswell. It's an emotion that I'm unsure how to define. But I've never felt this way before."

Edmond could tell she didn't know how to respond, but smiled in relief. "So you love me too? Romantically?"

"Well mermaids don't have mates... but this feeling I'm feeling I've never felt before for a man.... I think... I think im galling in love with you too." Kai spoke slowly.

The price smiled at her.

Kai looked at him with uncertainty. "Did I explain my geeling correctly?:

"Yes you did. And im bery happy. We will talk about this later." He began to chuckle, as he hugged Kai and kissed her on her nose. She frowned and planted a small, hungry kiss on his lips. And then pulled away to tease him for teasing her. Edmond's eyes widened in surprise but Kai just sighed and buried her head into his chest. She listened to his slow, steady heartbeat as Edmond stroked her long hair.

For that one moment everything was perfect, but eventually that moment ended too...

The waves suddenly picked up and the breeze turned into a gusting wind that suddenly blew alot harder making the waves even more verocious. Thunder and lightning crashed across the sky.
Never before, had the prince nor the mermaid seen nature so angry.
A wave thrashed over the little row boat and Kai was knocked out of Edmond's grasp to the edge of the boat, landing on her bad shoulder. A hellish, blood curtailing scream came from Kai. It was not out if fear but out of pain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 573 65
Some fantasies aren't all they're cracked up to be... Cara, princess of the Seelie Fae, had always been meant for great things. Then, she is betraye...
1.5K 367 61
Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges but you have be brave and never truly f...
380K 13.3K 29
"You. Yes child come. Aye that's a good lad. Have you heard of the prophecy? No? Well have a seat next to me. I'll tell you. A great treasure has bee...
243K 15.4K 67
Iliana Katrakis couldn't care less about the will of the gods, and she's certain they feel the same way about her. After all, it's rare for the god...