From being arranged to love...

By caffecorretto

"Please.. you have to go... we can't do this.." she tried. "No... you are mine, only mine." He said once more... More

1.Thé Prèdiçtion!!
Author's Note.
2.Marriage???
3.The Groom Húnt.
4.The @ccident!!
5.Heavens!!
6.The guèsts!!
7.Fiancè!!
8.It is a YÈS...
9. First phone call..!!
10. CCD!!!
11. Part a.
11. Part b
12. My wife!!!
13. A talk over the Coffee!!
14.The drive!
15. Why did you steal my keys?
16. Thinking of you!!
17. I wish I could always make you happy!!
18. With love, your Pathiji....
19. Rightfully his!!
20. Your lips are mine to bite!!
21. I had warned you..
Yaaaay
22. All answers lie above you!!
23. That is my favourite pillow!!
24. Sister ya Husband???
25. The Kiss!!!
.26. The Trip!!
27. 7 hours with her!!!!!
28. Fighting over the clothes!!!
29. I just can't wait to marry you!!
30. The Surprise!!
31. Unexpected!
32. Dealing another unexpected!!!
Way to go boys!!!!
33. Waking up to you!!
34. Twists and Turns!!
35. Hallucinations!!!
36. I missed you!!
37.Unfolding the past!!
38. Not just good, the Best morning!!
39. Upside Down!
Oops..
40. A Murder Case??
41. Discussions!!!
42. The Hunt!!
Happy New Year!!!
43.Why!!???
44. The pain!!!
45. Getting Answers!!
46. You never asked me to wait!!
47. Miles away...
48. Moving on??
49. Dr.Kapoor..
50. A crush come true!!
52. Only Mine!!
53. She won't live long..
54. Mission Kill Gunaa!!
55. Cherry or Naveen?
56. The Kidnap!!
57. Nightmares!!
58. Confessions and Answers!!
59. Her friend!
Just Me, @maira
I need your Help!!
Success!!
60. A mistake, always a mistake!
61.Stuck in the woods!
62. One Hell of a Night!!
63. She is pregnant!!
64. Somethimg is definitely Up!!
65. Realisation!!
66. She knows!!
67. Back to reality!!
68. Optimism
69. HER
70. Visitors can enter now!
71. Puppy eyes
72. You were always meant to be mine
73. Rendezvous

51. A drunken dream!!

42.9K 1.4K 346
By caffecorretto

Its been about three weeks since the last day we talked. And today I get discharged.

As the days passed, the pain only seemed to increased. It hurt more than I thought to stay away from her.

For some fateful reason, Shikha and Kiran became close and through him I could always knew what was happening to her.... Even the new alliance.

I don't know what to feel or what to say.. Should I let her go? Should I go after her?

Why was Gunaa after her phone records? Is he really planning something against me using her? How far is she from his murdering hands?

All those questions tormented my night... Two week of sleepless nights.. And now I get discharged. Does she know this?

Has she really moved on?

Does she still love me??

Suddenly there was a knock on the door..

"Come in.." I bellowed. It must be the nurse coming to flirt with me.. Hopefully this will be last day..

But as the door opened, I realised it wasn't the nurse, but a police officer..

"Good afternoon Sir, I'm constable Shekhar. I've completed the task that you had given me." He said.

"Tell me.." I said, my voice filled with eager to know what was coming..

"Sir, his full name is Naveen Kapoor. He is a cardiologists in Medicare hospital, one of the rich and popular hospitals. I checked his records, no red marks, nothing out of order.

He was in Australia to complete Cardiology, and I have his photo with me." The officer said, and extended the picture to me.

Dr. Naveen Kapoor. I have met thus guy, but where..??

"So in which hospital did you say that he working?" I asked trying to remember the person in the photo.

"He is a cardiologist at the Medicare Hospital, near Techno park." He said.

Yes, of course cardiologists in Medicare. The young, handsome doctor who had treated Sanjay uncle. Of course they wouldn't say no to this alliance.

I still remember seeing him walk out of the I.C.U.

"Thank you for your service. You may leave now." I ordered the officer, and took another look at Dr.Naveen's case study and photo.

Immediately my police mind took over me.

"Wait, Mr.."

"Shekhar, Sir". He replied.

"Yes Mr.Shekhar. I want one more help from you. Go through his past and check if he has any alliance or relation with the criminal Gunaa or his deceased brother Shiva. You can check his phone register if you want to. And if you find even the slightest hint, call me." I said, as my mind wondered if he was in any way a new puppet of Gunaa.

As soon as he left, my mind started springing up with all the differences and similarities we both had.

We both have a good family.

We both look good.

We both earn well.

We both are of about the same age.

  We both know how much she is worth for.

Now differences.

He is a doctor, expert in saving lives.
And me, an encounter specialist, expert in taking lives.

But I know her better that him, and I love her better than he can ever.

I can make her happy..

She loves me...

But she is safer with him.. Something inside me spoke..

I agree, she is safer with him.

There isn't a murderer stalking him to take revenge.

Her parents approved him.

He can assure her a safe life..

Can I approve her a safe life? Will her parents approve me?

"Damn it!!!!" I screamed.

The door knock  distracted me. As my anger was under controlled, I saw the nurse enter the room, her face embraced by a sad smile.

Time to go, I guess.

"The doctor has finally given you the yes to discharge. The bill has already been payed earlier today, so in a few minutes you will be out of the building." She said. And I noticed that she wasn't working on her flirting pose.

She seemed sad.

"Yeah, I figured, but thanks for everything, you were a great help." I said sincerely.

"Yeah, to get you back with your girlfriend.. Sorry I didn't mean like that, its just I knew why you wanted my phone every time you asked for it saying all those excuses, though I didn't like it." She said, feeling embarrassed.

"Yet, you helped. Thank you..." I thanked again.

"I.. I should probably go.. I have to check on other patients, so this is it I guess, Goodbye Mr.Officer. Heal Fast and.. And goodbye. I will miss you though.." She said and slowly walked out of the room.

She wasn't as bad as I thought she was. I felt guilty that I didn't remember her name, and was just using her for my selfish needs.

Suddenly there was another knock on the door.  And in came the most unexpected person that I ever thought I would see again.

"Hello, Ram." He wished, his voice the same as I remembered.

"Dadaji.."...

*******

Soon Dad and Kiran was at the hospital, and I was discharged after a loong time.

No one said about Dhruvika, and I didn't ask. I was missing out of the world.

A half an hour earlier, I had received a call from Shekhar to inform that he couldn't find any detail linking Naveen with Gunaa, which meant she will be safe with him.

Dadaji's visit was still fresh on my mind.

So I took my leave and headed out to the bar, ignoring the other men's protest.

*****************************

The two weeks that I had promised Dr.Naveen was finally about to get over.

He surprised me by being a very good friend. A very good distraction from Ram. He is dated to be discharged today. And how I wish I could be there.

But I couldn't. I can't.

I will never be the same old Dhruvika that he loved.

How the term marriage can mess with everyone's life.

And my life... I don't know where its headed to. I have to give an answer to Naveen in a few days.

But what should I say?

Telling yes would be like cheating in him, because my heart is still owned by Cherry, or Ram.. I don't know..

Then the other choice is a no. But then what? My family will jump onto another guy that I never knew existed in this world?

What if he isn't the understanding, helping friend that Dr.Naveen now is.

Will there be any other choice put out for me, then?

God, what should I do??

Suddenly my phone vibrated and I looked at the phone screen to see 'Dr.Naveen' on it.

"Hey.." I took the call.

'Hey.. How are you? All okay?" his concerned voice reached me.

"Yeaah.. I'm fine why?" I asked back. Why does he think that I'll not be okay?

"Well.. He got discharged, and I thought maybe you'll be.."He trailed off.

I couldn't stop the smile that filled my face. How did he remember about today?

"I'm fine.. But how did you know?"

"Well let's just say that the doctor treating him was sort of my mentor and it makes it easy to keep a tag on him, how he is and all... Just so if you ever wanted yo know.." I could imagine that kind face of his. If he wasn't a doctor, then he would definitely be a social worker or a father in some Church.

  "Well that was kind of you... But it wasn't necessary. But since that you know, how is he?" I asked. Was it okay to ask that? About my would be ex to my would be - would be?

Never mind.. I've already spilled it..

"Haha.. I figured you would wanna know.. So don't sorry.. His vitals are all fine. But he needs to continue medication. He will be back to his old self in a few.." Okay that was a relief.

But thinking about him brought back all the memories.. The kiss... The hugs, curdles, promises..

No one can be ever like him.

"Hello... You there?" His voice broke my trance.

  "Yes.. I'm sorry, I was just... What were you saying?" I changed the topic to avoid Ram from this.

"So I was asking, if we could meet up somewhere tomorrow, have a coffee. A small chat. You know the two week deadline is about to end. I'm not pressuring you.. If you want we can extend the timeline." He said, his voice filled with doubt and concern.

"Yeaah, a coffee would be a good idea. And you are not pressuring me, and I can understand. We don't have to extend it.. I guess I already know the answer. So where should we meet?" I replied, hoping to sound eager.

"Uhmm.. Well I have this operation tomorrow at noon, and I'll be off then. Why don't we go to the CCD? There is a nice ambiance for a good talk in there, right?" He said.

CCD... Our first date was at the CCD..

My eyes automatically went up, to look at the photo taken from CCD... The happiness in my face seemed long forgotten now.. A place holding a bunch of memories..

"Um.. Can we go somewhere else? They have this new Tonico Cafe opened at the Central Mall, can we go there?" I asked. CCD wouldn't be a nice place to talk about a future without Ram.

"Sure.. Your wish, but the treat is on mine. So can I pick you up from your house, by um.. 4?" He asked.

"Yeah.. Sure, that would be great." I said, trying my best to sound eager.

"So.. Before cutting can I ask you one more thing?" He asked, and I felt that the thing he was gonna ask wasn't going to be an easy question.

"Have you.. Have you moved on? You said that you already knew your answer as to what will happen to us?" Yes... Not an easy question.

"I.. I don't know if I have... But I think I should.. There is no point in waiting for him and hurt everyone else around me." I said, all eagerness gone.

"Well.. I want you to do this for yourself, and not for others... I will respect your answer, whatever it is... But I will be more happy if I have you with me.. So I'll be expecting for a yes.. Can I hear it tomorrow?" He said, choosing each word carefully.

"I.." What should I say? "Hmm I'll think about it.."

That was all that I could say for now.

"Okay.. Then I will see you tomorrow. Take care, bye.." He said, and after a small exchange of goodbye, the call went dead.

I sighed.

I really should move on.

******************************
What will I tell him tomorrow? That I'm ready to move on? Or that I still love my Cherry that I can't imagine anyone else in his place?

It was a question of truth and lie.

The truth will hurt Dr.Naveen, my parents, his parents.. It will hurt me to wait for him, for someone who already made it clear that we will not work out.

Or a lie, and make everyone else happy.. And hope for a life that could make me happy?

What should I tell him?

I tossed and turned in the bed. It was already past 1am and I still couldn't sleep.

Why was this happening to me? A few months ago I was a happy girl, content with my boring life. And now...

Suddenly there was a small thud and I shot up in my bed.

What was that? I checked my phone and found the time to be 2:20am. Great...

I lied back down and strained my ears listening hard. There was another small noise and it made me alert.

I slowly took my phone and switched on the flash, making sure no one from outside would notice the small light in the room.

Suddenly there was the sound near my window, and I noticed it was open. As I ran to shut it, there was already a hand on the window will and my insides stopped.

Would that be a thief? Could it be that killer everyone was so scared about?

I switched off the flash light and moved back slowly, forcing myself to be invisible.

"Oh God.. Please don't kill me today.." I prayed. There were many things I had to do. I hid behind my bed as I thought of everything I've wanted to do before I was dead.

My boutique.. See Rithu as a doctor.. Prove that horoscope was fake... Kiss him.. Marry him.. Be pregnant with him.. Die in his arms...

Suddenly there was another thud and everything went quiet. From beneath the bed, I could see 2 legs.

Oh my God..

"Jaan?"  The killer said.

What??

I stood up in an impulse and looked at the man who was standing right in front of me..

No.. This cannot be happening..
I closed my eyes shut willing myself to wake up...

"Oh Dhruvika...You are not dreaming again.. Its really me.." He said, but and I opened my eyes.

It was really him. He is here.

But then a strong smell of alcohol hit my nose.

"Are you drunk...??"
******************************

I know.. I know.. Cliffhanger... But see, next episode is completely going to be Dhruvaran.. So stay tuned..

And guys.. Sorry for the delay.. But I'm in my new semester noe.. And Ive signed up for the dance club. So I'm busy... Sorry

And tell me how you like all these new twists

Also.. Which team are you in?

  Team Cherry/Ram or Team Naveen?

Well, have a happy read..

Love...
    @maira... :* :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Rajputana By Manika

Historical Fiction

211K 8.4K 28
"I am ready but there is only one problem that my month has come". She said while controlling her smile. Abhirath asked in confusion "what? month?? W...
256K 15K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
574K 35K 43
Completed ✅ #1 in break up on 14/11/21 Vihaan Roy "Everything in life should be planned so you do the right thing at the right time and right place...
1M 75.8K 74
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 2-𝗥𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 She became his life the moment he saw her, VIE meaning LIFE in french. What happens when she dis...