Faded Away

Oleh s_escarcega15

Make up for 5 years of lost time in one week? To Jacqueline, it seems impossible even if she did hang on to... Lebih Banyak

Author's Note:
|ONE|
|TWO|
|THREE|
|FIVE|
|SIX|
|SEVEN|
|EIGHT|
|NINE|
|TEN|
|ELEVEN|
|TWELVE|
|THIRTEEN|
|FOURTEEN|
|FIFTEEN|
|SIXTEEN|
|SEVENTEEN|
|EIGHTEEN|
|NINETEEN|
|TWENTY|
|TWENTY-ONE|
|TWENTY-TWO|
|TWENTY-THREE|
|TWENTY-FOUR|
|TWENTY-FIVE|

|FOUR|

344 28 9
Oleh s_escarcega15

I stormed out after Blake was being rude to me. I started the engine to my jeep and sped down the road. I drove around until I found Luke's bronco parked in front of a large beach house. I pulled up and walked up to the front door. I heard laughter and such as I knocked on the door. I waited momentarily when a 14 or 15 year old boy answered the door. He looked at me confused for a minute until I said something.

"Hi, I'm Jackie. Is Luke here?" I smiled. He nodded before calling Luke to the front door. Luke came trotting up to the door in just basketball shorts and running shoes. He ran his hand through his hair before putting his hat on backwards. The boy retreated from the scene as Luke stepped outside and shut the door behind him.

"Hey baby." He smiled and gave me a peck on the lips. "What's wrong?" He asked immediately after.

"Blake is upset with me because I'm spending time with you and not her. She was especially upset because I left with you today after I said we were going to the beach. I tried to explain to her that I haven't seen you in years and I wanted to spend time with you and enjoy myself." I sighed. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"She'll come around. I promise." He said. "We're going out on the boat. You wanna join us?"

"I'd love to but I don't have my swimsuit or anything." I said, apologetically.

"That's alright. I'm sure Jordan has something nice you can borrow." He smirked and led me inside the beach house. I followed him up the stairs and to one of the bedrooms. Luke knocked on the door and a tall girl appeared at the door. He asked her for an extra bathing suit. She closed the door momentarily and returned with multiple pairs. I thanked her before excusing myself to the bathroom. Luke followed me to the bathroom.

"Luke! Go away, I'm going to change." I said pushing him out of the door way into the hall. He gave me a pouty face and still stood in the way so I couldn't shut the door. I rolled my eyes and closed the door as he finally moved. I quickly put on the bathing suit and put my clothes on over it. I left my under garments in Luke's room. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Luke's mother smiled and gave me a hug.

"Daddy, who's she?" I heard someone whisper. I turned around to see Luke rounding the corner with a little boy perched on his shoulders. Luke put him down, whispered something in his ear before the little boy ran off, giggling. I raised an eyebrow at him and he gave me a sly smile.

"Secrets don't make friends Luke." I said.

"Yeah but friends make secrets.." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and leaned up against the counter. He rounded up his family and introduced me to them before leading us to the dock. I walked behind the group and patiently waited until they boarded. Luke's sons, his nieces and nephew, along with his mother and a few other people boarded the boat. I walked up to get in but Luke stopped me. I gave him a confused look as the boat left, leaving him and I standing on the dock.

"I thought we were all going?" I asked quietly.

"Well, while you were upstairs they decided to go and leave you and I alone. It was their idea trust me." He grabbed my hand as we walked back to the beach house.

"So wait, what did you tell your son earlier that he took off running and giggling?" I asked.

"I can't tell you. It's a secret. Remember?" Once again, he gave me that sly smile. I playfully punched his arm and rolled my eyes. He clutched his arm and gave me the puppy eyes. "Ow! Jackie, can you kiss it?" He whined. I sighed and leaned over to kiss his arm. As I did so, he picked me up and spun me around. When he put me down, he leaned in and planted his lips on mine.

"You little butt head!" I laughed.

"What? I wanted to kiss you." He shrugged.

"You could've just done it. You didn't have to make an excuse." I teased. He rolled his eyes and pulled me to his side as we continued walking. We wound up sitting on the couch watching a movie together. He had an arm around me and held my hand, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.

His family returned home a few hours later and I decided it was time for me to leave. I tried to return the bathing suit to Jordan but she told me to keep it. I thanked her and said good bye to everyone as Luke walked me outside. The boy who was on Luke's shoulders earlier, Tate, ran up to me and asked if I would go back to play with him. I agreed and ruffled his hair before giving him a hug. Luke followed me out to the drive way and gripped my hand.

"Ow! Luke, you're hurting me!" I said, ripping my hand away and shaking it a bit.

"I'm so sorry baby. I didn't mean to I swear." He replied.

"That's okay. What's the matter?" I noticed his demeanor had significantly changed.

"I don't know. What happened back there with Tate really got to me. I haven't seen him like that in a while. And I'm worried." He sighed.

"You're worried about Tate? He seemed perfectly fine to me." I commented, a bit confused.

"No not about him. I'm worried about us. You and me. What's gonna happen after this week is over? What if you decide that you don't feel the same about me anymore? What if you don't want to leave with me?" He held my hands in his and had a solemn look in his eyes.

"When this week is over, we'll find out. We still have time. You don't have to worry about how I feel about you, Luke. Do you really think if I didn't feel the same about you, I'd be standing here right now? You need to stop worrying and just take things day by day. Okay? Now, it's getting late and I better get home." I cupped his face in my hands and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"No don't go. Stay here with me. Please." He said pulling me back into his arms. I tried to tell him that I needed to go home but he was being stubborn and made me stay despite my protests. I followed him back upstairs to his room and I plopped down on the comfy bed.

"I don't have pajamas Luke. Are you sure I should stay? I don't want to wear out my welcome with your family." I said.

"Nonsense. You're welcome anytime and my family loves you. It's fine, really." He smiled, handing me a pair of gray drawstring sweatpants, a hoodie and a pair of socks. I entered his personal bathroom and changed quickly. I came back out and realized he had on a similar outfit. He chuckled when he saw me. "I know I look like a munchkin but you don't have to laugh."

"You don't look like a munchkin. You look adorable in my clothes that are awfully big and socks that look like the grinch's feet." He smirked and pulled me into a hug. "Now c'mon I promised I'd start the fire out back for s'mores."

"Actually, I'll meet you down there in a minute okay?" I stayed back for a moment to change from the sweat pants to my shorts since it wasn't that chilly out. As I put the sweat pants away in his dresser, I found an old photo album stuffed in the drawer. I flipped through it and found wedding pictures and family photos. I came across a well worn photo so I took it out of the sleeve to get a better look at it. It was Luke and I at the beach many tears ago. I smiled and put the photo and album back in their proper places. I went downstairs and out back to join the family for s'mores. I took a seat between Luke and Tate, who gave me a bright eyed smile. I was given a wooden stick and marshmallow. I roasted it just enough that it was still in flames when I pulled it back towards me. Tate eyeballed the flaming marshmallow so I let him blow it out. I did this a few more times until I had enough of eating s'mores.

Little by little, Luke's family retreated back inside to go to bed. Luke and I remained sitting by the fire. He scooted closer to me and motioned for me to sit with him. He opened up a space between his legs big enough for me to sit in. I leaned against his chest with my back and my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and we say there for a while without saying a word.

Luke pulled out his phone and opened up his snapchat. He held up the camera and snapped a quick picture of us before captioning it and sending it to someone under "BM". He laughed at the reply but didn't want to show me. I rolled my eyes but snuggled more into him and he held me a little tighter. The radiating warmth and crackle of the fire soon died out as the charred firewood collapsed into chunks of black soot.

We went upstairs and laid under the covers of Luke's bed. He kept his arms firmly wrapped around me. I was tired but I just couldn't fall asleep so I laid there with my eyes closed. I felt Luke stir a bit before I felt his lips press against my temple.

"Thank you God for letting me bring her back into my life. Please let me keep her in it forever. She means the world to me." He whispered, thinking I must've fallen asleep. A tear slipped from my eye and down my cheek after hearing him say those things.

Author's Note:
Thanks for reading.
Please vote AND COMMENT!

Ily guys. ❤️
-sam

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

11.4K 265 34
Luke and Gray have been going out for six months, they are happy and in love but then Luke gets scared and breaks up with her. When he finally real...
51K 1.3K 43
Luke Bryan loses his wife Caroline to cancer. He continues to tour but when he is on break he decides he needs to find someone that can take care of...
10.5K 185 16
Charlotte is struggling when she realizes that it's been quite hard with work and a four year old at home with Luke being away tour all the time. Wha...
55.6K 1.7K 41
Lisa was your everyday girl, Luke was a country star and way out of her league, but what happened on a stormy night in Seattle